Quantcast

» «
Photo

Im sick of all these dlc's , lies and online crap .

243 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

People whining are just cry baby's.

I think they should go back to top down view!! or even better...scrap GTA and keep making Race'n'Chase!

DOWN WITH EVOLUTION!

• I<3GTAV and AlexL like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

So, this has turned into a heated discussion about free DLC? Let me explain why it's free: Companies ALWAYS do things like this, when they first release a product, they give something to their 'loyal customers' for free, this should make them more interested in the product, and think that the company cares about them. Shortly after they do that, the company releases more things and makes you pay for them, but the consumer, who thinks the company cares about them, buys whatever it is they're selling in order to support and thank them. It's a marketing tactic that works, and is completely legal.

Besides, the content was on the disc, just why did they have to lock it until later?

Remember what Rockstar said? "Major paid expansion"? Is that enough proof that they will squeeze everything out of the consumer? While they go and grab every last cent from multiplayer gamers, us single player gamers will not only be pushed aside, but we will have to constantly download updates that don't mean anything to us, it will be annoying. Of course, it's not like I myself care about this pointless scam-filled 'Xbox LIVE' service, I have no use for it, so I don't care if I can't sign in, but I'm sure there's plenty of single player gamers who would want to sign in. Rockstar don't care about single player, there's no point in catering to them if catering to online will make them more money.

I'm not sure what all the arguing is about, but can we all agree that most of the gaming industry is going down under? I mean, look at the state of games, when you see a game announced nowadays, they also announce how much DLC it will have, it's disgusting and makes consumers look like machines that buy whatever a company gives them. We don't need pages worth of discussion to realise that...

And how is Xbox Live a scam? I'd love to hear this one from you...

Because Rockstar made a deal with Micro$oft, they want me to pay to save images from that Snapmatic application. Yes, they want me to pay to save virtual images from a virtual camera. That's a scam, I'm not paying some ridiculous amounts just to save some pictures, I can take and save images in the real world for free, so why should I pay to do it in a game?

Um, Bert, hate to break it to you, but unless we're talking about COMPLETELY different things here, the taking pictures thing is just a thing you need Xbox Live for. You don't pay Xbox Live JUST for that; you pay Xbox Live for everything online.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'll admit I'm part of the anti multiplayer, pro single player bandwagon.

But today I received an invite to a few missions, so I thought why the hell not. And guess what, it was actually quite fun.....

But then my online character gets deleted, So the day I actually have fun playing GTA O....my character gets wiped and I have to start from scratch.

R* <<<<<<<<

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

*honest criticisms of the game

*sigh* and let me guess when the next GTA game comes out this is going to be a masterpiece to you?

This is the worst type of reply ever.

No, it'll still be the same god damn game.

So tired of these dummies that use their own confirmation bias as their supporting argument. "Durr I've seen other people complain about GTAIV and others who say they like GTAIV they must be the same people!"

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

*sigh* and let me guess when the next GTA game comes out this is going to be a masterpiece to you?

So tired of these dummies that use their own confirmation bias as their supporting argument. "Durr I've seen other people complain about GTAIV and others who say they like GTAIV they must be the same people!"

You don't seem to be seeing the pattern.

When it was out, IV was treated in a savage way. They cut it's head off and used to it to display their adulthood.

The day V was released IV was treated like a messiah.

Not sure about SA, but a lot of people are saying it was the same deal.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

You don't seem to be seeing the pattern.

When it was out, IV was treated in a savage way. They cut it's head off and used to it to display their adulthood.

The day V was released IV was treated like a messiah.

Not sure about SA, but a lot of people are saying it was the same deal.

The pattern I'm seeing is different people having different opinions and the "pattern" they're seeing isn't one because it's due to their selection bias.

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Companys only do this because of the used game industry thats sell a game to a friend, pawn shops, ebgames, ebay etc.. The companys made this decision to see their profit levels. Yea they make a l

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

They make a lot of money but look at how many have closed down over the years .. I dont agree with how cod and battle field handle it with dlc equaling a new game, but its business and this is what it is. I buy the dlc i like or none at all but complaining wont help when its just the way things are now, like sucks sometimes lol

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

^

To be honest, COD is taking advantage of it because a lot of retarded kids keep buying their games and DLC's. All they do is sit at home, shouting at the screen "QUIIIKSCOPEZZZ U GT OWNED" or "FUK U HACKER NOOB AIMBOT".

Battlefield is better IMO, but EA ruins the business side. It's not even proper business, it's dirty money grabbing tactics. Rockstar made proper DLC's like TLAD and TBOGT but sadly it didn't work out that great, but that is an example of a proper DLC business.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by McGyver55, 02 December 2013 - 10:09 PM.

I completely agree with the OP and forum member Bert (nice graphic) and the rest of you who dislike online.

(go get a snack... the rest of this may be long...)

DLC is Bulls**t...  it was a nice idea in moderation, but just like anything else, once you have a good idea someone has to come in and spoil it. 

I hate playing online, I've tried it before and it is contrary to why I want to play a game in the first place... I want to relax and have fun, not deal with annoying people who can't behave... never mind being charged a subscription fee (in some cases) for the privilege. 

I went to my friend's house the other day... I long ago lost interest in anything MMORPG, so forgive me if this extremely old news, but my friend wanted to show me a new character he was using in WOW: MoP... before he was able to access his account he had to go to a mobile app on his phone for an updated temporary randomly generated access code...

In the old days that sh*t was reserved for dealing with classified projects and military contractors... Now, apparently you need this level of security or some assbag will hack your account and/or defile your orc priestess.

Nice selling point.

DLC was a good idea when I could buy a finished game and have levels or missions added at a future date.

DLC went sour when half the crap in the games started to be left out and then thoughtfully included in paid packages and updates. 

Back in the mid to late 80s there was a "dark ages" in video gaming caused by a flood of crappy games and greedy decision making (ever hear of ET for the atari 2600?), the people making the games (rather, those in charge of the companies making games) figured the consumers would just buy whatever crap they popped out. Even though the market was mostly kids, even they got fed up... back then I pretty much stopped gaming for several years.

Though I don't see that happening today (sorry kids, you are 10X more gullible/apathetic/vain that the previous generation) because people love getting ripped off and giving away their money and rights...  I can see (perhaps) some point where people may turn their backs on this push to get everything Online/DLC/Cloud based... 

Rest assured it will get worse before it gets better... I can not help but think of how many board meetings must have featured ideas on how to do away with customers actually having a disc or tangible copy of the game to own, when Adobe turned Photoshop into a subscription based rental... Yeah, no more buy it and keep it (own it ) for a couple of years until you see a feature you can't do without and then upgrade. No... you want it, they milk you and they have ZERO responsibility if you are inconvenienced by it being cloud based... If you don't think every video game company out there didn't get dollar signs in there eyes the moment that went down, keep dreaming.

Eventually the base games will shrink to the point where the game companies will all give you the line that they are "doing you a favor" by making the game cloud based and offering you 3 levels at which to buy in (to save you money)... crap, slightly less crappy (but still useless) and Ultra Premium (crap, but with a nice bow tied around it)...  

98% of you will eat it up and not even request lubrication when they are in back, working you over...  

But none of that is as important as being able to have your character look as close to you as possible or to boast about your online achievements...

Yeah... until one day you try for some job (or get fired from one you already have) and find out you didn't get it (or lost it) because you exhibit "psychotic behavior while playing certain games and pose a security risk"... but it'll  be worth it because you all got to have a yellow and black hat for your character just like the one the real you has.

There is so much that is bulls**t about online and DLC and it grows and festers on a daily basis, everyday someone out there figures another way to erode your rights, give you less for your money and control what you can do and say... and nobody really cares either.

If you complain you are a communist or overreacting and paranoid... so just be a good sheep, open your wallet and shut up... let the fanboys lead you... they will never do you wrong.

Back in the day I had starry eyes when people talked about being able to do stuff like what is possible today, but seeing the reality of it and seeing the erosion beginning at such a steady pace.

No thank you.

I liked the idea of buying a game, owning that copy, playing it if and when I want and never having to worry about it compromising my personal information and rights or screaming retarded un-housebroken assbags annoying the sh*t out of me.

I resent buying games to find out I have to play online for the "complete experience"... and the detailed worlds*** (*** are only detailed with an online store account and though paid DLC).

But that is just me... just my stupid opinion...

I'm crazy and I'm proud of it. 

But... sometimes... Crazy is slightly better than stupid.

Thanks for your time.

• AlexL, ThinRedLine1981, PeinNegato and 1 other like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

hahaha

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

I hope the next DLC doesn't come out till 5 more years

PeinNegato
  • PeinNegato

Motherf*cker Jones

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I completely agree with the OP and forum member Bert (nice graphic) and the rest of you who dislike online.

(go get a snack... the rest of this may be long...)

DLC is Bulls**t...  it was a nice idea in moderation, but just like anything else, once you have a good idea someone has to come in and spoil it. 

I hate playing online, I've tried it before and it is contrary to why I want to play a game in the first place... I want to relax and have fun, not deal with annoying people who can't behave... never mind being charged a subscription fee (in some cases) for the privilege. 

I went to my friend's house the other day... I long ago lost interest in anything MMORPG, so forgive me if this extremely old news, but my friend wanted to show me a new character he was using in WOW: MoP... before he was able to access his account he had to go to a mobile app on his phone for an updated temporary randomly generated access code...

In the old days that sh*t was reserved for dealing with classified projects and military contractors... Now, apparently you need this level of security or some assbag will hack your account and/or defile your orc priestess.

Nice selling point.

DLC was a good idea when I could buy a finished game and have levels or missions added at a future date.

DLC went sour when half the crap in the games started to be left out and then thoughtfully included in paid packages and updates. 

Back in the mid to late 80s there was a "dark ages" in video gaming caused by a flood of crappy games and greedy decision making (ever hear of ET for the atari 2600?), the people making the games (rather, those in charge of the companies making games) figured the consumers would just buy whatever crap they popped out. Even though the market was mostly kids, even they got fed up... back then I pretty much stopped gaming for several years.

Though I don't see that happening today (sorry kids, you are 10X more gullible/apathetic/vain that the previous generation) because people love getting ripped off and giving away their money and rights...  I can see (perhaps) some point where people may turn their backs on this push to get everything Online/DLC/Cloud based... 

Rest assured it will get worse before it gets better... I can not help but think of how many board meetings must have featured ideas on how to do away with customers actually having a disc or tangible copy of the game to own, when Adobe turned Photoshop into a subscription based rental... Yeah, no more buy it and keep it (own it ) for a couple of years until you see a feature you can't do without and then upgrade. No... you want it, they milk you and they have ZERO responsibility if you are inconvenienced by it being cloud based... If you don't think every video game company out there didn't get dollar signs in there eyes the moment that went down, keep dreaming.

Eventually the base games will shrink to the point where the game companies will all give you the line that they are "doing you a favor" by making the game cloud based and offering you 3 levels at which to buy in (to save you money)... crap, slightly less crappy (but still useless) and Ultra Premium (crap, but with a nice bow tied around it)...  

98% of you will eat it up and not even request lubrication when they are in back, working you over...  

But none of that is as important as being able to have your character look as close to you as possible or to boast about your online achievements...

Yeah... until one day you try for some job (or get fired from one you already have) and find out you didn't get it (or lost it) because you exhibit "psychotic behavior while playing certain games and pose a security risk"... but it'll  be worth it because you all got to have a yellow and black hat for your character just like the one the real you has.

There is so much that is bulls**t about online and DLC and it grows and festers on a daily basis, everyday someone out there figures another way to erode your rights, give you less for your money and control what you can do and say... and nobody really cares either.

If you complain you are a communist or overreacting and paranoid... so just be a good sheep, open your wallet and shut up... let the fanboys lead you... they will never do you wrong.

Back in the day I had starry eyes when people talked about being able to do stuff like what is possible today, but seeing the reality of it and seeing the erosion beginning at such a steady pace.

No thank you.

I liked the idea of buying a game, owning that copy, playing it if and when I want and never having to worry about it compromising my personal information and rights or screaming retarded un-housebroken assbags annoying the sh*t out of me.

I resent buying games to find out I have to play online for the "complete experience"... and the detailed worlds*** (*** are only detailed with an online store account and though paid DLC).

But that is just me... just my stupid opinion...

I'm crazy and I'm proud of it. 

But... sometimes... Crazy is slightly better than stupid.

Thanks for your time.

i play online, not a fanboy, but i enjoy play with friends

but i´m from the time, where you can play a game for years, and still enjoy it without that dlc's craps and sh*ts

you're right man

Dan001
  • Dan001

Hello

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

These are sh*tty times indeed. It's not just video games, but everything else in general.

This awful state that We are in is reflected in everything from  video games to cars to T.V.

How did everything get so bland and ugly??

Are We all being drugged and not know it to accept everything without question??

I'm going to quote a member and what he said regarding GTAV:

"She sure is pretty, but man does her sh*t stink."

Yup, her sh*t DOES stink... and it stinks baaaad.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

So, this has turned into a heated discussion about free DLC? Let me explain why it's free: Companies ALWAYS do things like this, when they first release a product, they give something to their 'loyal customers' for free, this should make them more interested in the product, and think that the company cares about them. Shortly after they do that, the company releases more things and makes you pay for them, but the consumer, who thinks the company cares about them, buys whatever it is they're selling in order to support and thank them. It's a marketing tactic that works, and is completely legal.

Besides, the content was on the disc, just why did they have to lock it until later?

Remember what Rockstar said? "Major paid expansion"? Is that enough proof that they will squeeze everything out of the consumer? While they go and grab every last cent from multiplayer gamers, us single player gamers will not only be pushed aside, but we will have to constantly download updates that don't mean anything to us, it will be annoying. Of course, it's not like I myself care about this pointless scam-filled 'Xbox LIVE' service, I have no use for it, so I don't care if I can't sign in, but I'm sure there's plenty of single player gamers who would want to sign in. Rockstar don't care about single player, there's no point in catering to them if catering to online will make them more money.

I'm not sure what all the arguing is about, but can we all agree that most of the gaming industry is going down under? I mean, look at the state of games, when you see a game announced nowadays, they also announce how much DLC it will have, it's disgusting and makes consumers look like machines that buy whatever a company gives them. We don't need pages worth of discussion to realise that...

Because Rockstar made a deal with Micro$oft, they want me to pay to save images from that Snapmatic application. Yes, they want me to pay to save virtual images from a virtual camera. That's a scam, I'm not paying some ridiculous amounts just to save some pictures, I can take and save images in the real world for free, so why should I pay to do it in a game?

Um, Bert, hate to break it to you, but unless we're talking about COMPLETELY different things here, the taking pictures thing is just a thing you need Xbox Live for. You don't pay Xbox Live JUST for that; you pay Xbox Live for everything online.

I couldn't care less about online gaming, Xbox Live Gold is a service that allows you to go and play online in a video game, the Snapmatic application has absolutely nothing to do with online gaming, so why should I pay to use it? The same thing happened with the exclusive Social Club content thing, but because there was some free Live weekend a while ago, I managed to get it. Rockstar did that just so both Micro$oft and them could make some more $$$, it's ridiculous, games are 'pick-and-pay' nowadays.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I couldn't care less about online gaming, Xbox Live Gold is a service that allows you to go and play online in a video game, the Snapmatic application has absolutely nothing to do with online gaming, so why should I pay to use it? The same thing happened with the exclusive Social Club content thing, but because there was some free Live weekend a while ago, I managed to get it. Rockstar did that just so both Micro$oft and them could make some more $$$, it's ridiculous, games are 'pick-and-pay' nowadays.

What does the Snapmatic application do? I'm not familiar with it.

I'm guessing that you take a picture in-game, and it goes to your Social Club account. Am I right?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm guessing that you take a picture in-game, and it goes to your Social Club account. Am I right?

Yes and we should be able to save the pictures to the memory too. But noooo, R* wants to make money off everything now...

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Yes and we should be able to save the pictures to the memory too. But noooo, R* wants to make money off everything now...

So what's the situation?

You take pictures, it goes to your Social Club account, and you can't access them without an Online (Xbox Live) account?

I have literally no idea about this, as I've never done it before, so you're gonna have to walk me through it.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by AlexL, 03 December 2013 - 01:20 AM.

So what's the situation?

You take pictures, it goes to your Social Club account, and you can't access them without an Online (Xbox Live) account?

I have literally no idea about this, as I've never done it before, so you're gonna have to walk me through it.

Yes, you take the picture then you press "Continue" and it will save it to the Social Club, then you can access them on the website or in the game menu where it says "Gallery". The problem here is that you can't save them on the HDD, and they only come in 640x360 resolution.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

May i know what the goal is of some people saying R* this and R* that? Sure you can say something about the developer, this is a forum. But if you constant post about it like it is some daily thing you have to do... If you are forming a bandwagon just to hate on a developer or a game then my friends...i think this is the wrong place.

• CanOdope likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

So what's the situation?

Yes, you take the picture then you press "Continue" and it will save it to the Social Club, then you can access them on the website or in the game menu where it says "Gallery". The problem here is that you can't save them on the HDD, and they only come in 640x360 resolution.

So what does Xbox Live have to do with this? You can't save pictures without Live or something?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

So what does Xbox Live have to do with this? You can't save pictures without Live or something?

Because from what I know Xbox Live is a paid service which gives you online access, so technically on the Xbox you gotta pay to save pictures.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by -=Bert=-, 03 December 2013 - 01:24 AM.

So what's the situation?

Yes, you have to have Gold to save the images, it's just pure greed and a way for both companies to earn more money. Xbox Live is supposed to be for online gaming, saving an image doesn't relate to online gaming whatsoever, so why should I have to pay to save them? Greedy companies ruin games, they give you features you have to pay for...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

I have plenty of images on my Rockstar Social Club page and I didn't pay a dime for any of them. That is an outright lie.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

I have plenty of images on my Rockstar Social Club page and I didn't pay a dime for any of them. That is an outright lie.

If you play on PS3 then you don't have to pay...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Then isn't that an issue with Microsoft instead of Rockstar?

• CanOdope likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

So what's the situation?

Yes, you have to have Gold to save the images, it's just pure greed and a way for both companies to earn more money. Xbox Live is supposed to be for online gaming, saving an image doesn't relate to online gaming whatsoever, so why should I have to pay to save them? Greedy companies ruin games, they give you features you have to pay for...

From what I've looked up, it's not R*. Apparently, you need an Xbox Live Gold account to use their uploading service, which is why you can't save the pictures, because they need to upload to Social Club.

Sauce: http://gaming.stacke...tar-social-club

jarredxmorris
  • jarredxmorris

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

So what's the situation?

Blame Microsoft for this, not Rockstar. It's Microsoft who set certain guidelines and policies regarding what must be paid for and what must not, and publishers must follow these.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

It is. If R* was just 'looking for more money', they'd charge on PS3 too. No point in only charging for one, THAT'S how you get people pissed off at you.

It's a terrible, terrible business decision, and no one would ever make it. It'd be the equivalent of punching yourself in the face

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

No, Rockstar made the decision to prevent you from being able to email it to yourself or save it to your hard drive... Micro$oft never forced them to do that.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

The thing is DLC's not bad , when they giv eus something like rdr undead nightmare than thats fine . But When they make us pay for things like extra weapons and vechiles , thats when its get bad .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users