Best wireless controller for PC

5 replies to this topic
marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hi All

At the moment I am using a wired logitech rumble pad 2 controller for PC but really want a wireless one so I can play most games on my big TV in the lounge (PC is in my lounge).

I have been looking at a few options but not really too sure which is best. What I do know is that I would want to keep the style of the controller like the rumble pad 2 as I do find Playstation style controllers much more user friendly than the Xbox equivalents.

Should I be looking to buy a PS3 wireless controller? Is it easy to set up on PC or are there know issues?

Any input would be appreciated

Many thanks

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

And still no ideas

Come on guys. Even if your controller is crap tell me about it :)

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Xbox 360 controller.

I use a wired one and in my honest opinion, it is the greatest controller to be bestowed upon mankind.

No drivers or special things required.

They have adapters for the wireless version, so you're good.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by loony979, 26 December 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Hey Marmoo :

Wish i saw this thread earlier as i could of helped out then.

This is what i use *logitech F710*

480770844_297.jpg

Just remember not to loose the Dongle .Works like a charm for me & the dongle can be kept inside the controller for safe keeping if you need it for Lan parties ... Does have Rumble .

With the back buttons they feel alot diffrent to the rumble controller you have as i once had it my self ,but you will get use to it. The controller should only around $50 but im telling ya now you would most likely want to never go back to wired controllers as this is a pretty decent controller .

Batt life is decent ,Recption on these are quit strange they DO work but for people like us who use it in a loungeroom ,you may see you're self getting a USB3 extention cable just for that extra comfort that the connection Does not fail. & if it does after that Change the Batteries .

The wieght is Noticeable as it is bigger & heavier ,nothing to worrie about as the controller is light wieght .

With all that said Get out of the house now & get 1 man i this controller ,GTA IV runs well with it ... 1 little pointer in GTA IV settings tho is Aim secsortivity thing i tihnk it's called put it to max. Helps alot.

Hope this helps you ... :) :) :)

Lupin III
  • Lupin III

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Xbox 360 controller.

I use a wired one and in my honest opinion, it is the greatest controller to be bestowed upon mankind.

No drivers or special things required.

They have adapters for the wireless version, so you're good.

I second this. The PS3 controller is a pain in the ass to set up on PS3, plus the 360 controller is a lot more ergonomic when you get used to it.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's really not hard to set up a PS3 or PS4 controller on your PC. If you don't mind Xbox button prompts you can use an Xinput wrapper to emulate the 360 pad. That's what I do with my DS4 and I love it. As for wireless, you can achieve that with a cheap Bluetooth adapter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users