Quantcast

» «
Photo

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Poll: should buzzards have auto-aim on other players? (215 member(s) have cast votes)

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

1. Yes (47 votes [21.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.66%

2. No (170 votes [78.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.34%

Vote
Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

I've already established I feel better now yes, and if you didn't want to be outed as a troll you shouldn't act like one. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you're not an ass for acting like an asshole in it, and if you think I should treat you kindly in real life after that bullsh*t think again.

And no basketball wasn't there and didn't see anything, he was in my party however and heard everything, I honestly remember you killing me with a tank and that's not something I'd just forget after that big fight. Really it's justice to see how pissed off you are right now, that's all the reason I needed to out you. Next time someone tries to lend you a hand, don't spit in their face, and if you do don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you in the ass.

If I had a damn tank I would not have let you run me over about 10 times with a car and report you for griefing and your message saying you were trying to help wasn't received by me.  I'm laughing at how butthurt you are over something from 2 months ago though.  You should have minded your own business and whole thing would have been avoided.  But some losers just have to be center of attention then bitch and lie and make up tank stories to justify greifing players when things don't go their way. I'm done dealing with you as I could care less if everyone here or in game hates me since I'm never going to meet any of you and you're not a significant part of my life anyway. 

Now you're definitely the one making stuff up, if I ever did run you over 20 times it sefin

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

I've already established I feel better now yes, and if you didn't want to be outed as a troll you shouldn't act like one. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you're not an ass for acting like an asshole in it, and if you think I should treat you kindly in real life after that bullsh*t think again.

And no basketball wasn't there and didn't see anything, he was in my party however and heard everything, I honestly remember you killing me with a tank and that's not something I'd just forget after that big fight. Really it's justice to see how pissed off you are right now, that's all the reason I needed to out you. Next time someone tries to lend you a hand, don't spit in their face, and if you do don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you in the ass.

If I had a damn tank I would not have let you run me over about 10 times with a car and report you for griefing and your message saying you were trying to help wasn't received by me.  I'm laughing at how butthurt you are over something from 2 months ago though.  You should have minded your own business and whole thing would have been avoided.  But some losers just have to be center of attention then bitch and lie and make up tank stories to justify greifing players when things don't go their way. I'm done dealing with you as I could care less if everyone here or in game hates me since I'm never going to meet any of you and you're not a significant part of my life anyway. 

Now you're definitely the one making stuff up, if I ever did run you over 20 times it definitely wasn't during that fight (and if I ever fought you another time i honestly can't recall), I'm talking about the fight outside Fort Zancudo where you and that asshole friend of yours got into a gun battle that lasted an hour or so, during which you ran me over once and I ran over your friend once while in pass

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Now you're definitely the one making stuff up, if I ever did run you over 20 times it definitely wasn't during that fight (and if I ever fought you another time i honestly can't recall), I'm talking about the fight outside Fort Zancudo where you and that asshole friend of yours got into a gun battle that lasted an hour or so, during which you ran me over once and I ran over your friend once while in passive mode (I then ran your friend over a few days later in another lobby).

I don't ever remember running anyone over that many times, and the only people I ever have run over at all are people who started sh*t with me and were asking for whatever they got.

If you're one of the many people who have tried to fight me for no reason (on some other occasion than the Zancudo fight) then yes I probably kicked your ass and kept running you down until you left the lobby, if you don't like it how about not picking fights with random people for no reason?

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Now you're definitely the one making stuff up, if I ever did run you over 20 times it definitely wasn't during that fight (and if I ever fought you another time i honestly can't recall), I'm talking about the fight outside Fort Zancudo where you and that asshole friend of yours got into a gun battle that lasted an hour or so, during which you ran me over once and I ran over your friend once while in passive mode (I then ran your friend over a few days later in another lobby).

I don't ever remember running anyone over that many times, and the only people I ever have run over at all are people who started sh*t with me and were asking for whatever they got.

If you're one of the many people who have tried to fight me for no reason (on some other occasion than the Zancudo fight) then yes I probably kicked your ass and kept running you down until you left the lobby, if you don't like it how about not picking fights with random people for no reason?

If you minded your own business none of it would have happened and now you need to bash people to make yourself look good with something that adds nothing to thread.  You are having opposite effect smart people will see you for the trash you are. 

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I want an option to have it stop locking on police... too many times I've tried to lock on another guy with a Buzzard and my chopper is like "NUH-UH, NOT TODAY" and locks on every Police it sees instead of the player. It becomes especially annoying with 3+ star Wanted level...

Agree. It's extremely annoying, almost cries out for police attention. 

Maybe they shouldn't go as far as auto-locking on a pedestrian, but definitely another player's vehicle.
I think that would really ruin things. I can already take out a car 9 times out of 10 when the player is trying to drive away, no matter how fast he is. If I could lock-on to a player's vehicle, it would take zero skill. I wouldn't even find it fun anymore, to be honest.

I don't understand why players want changes to be made that take away every bit of skill. Isn't the driving already nerfed enough for everyone? 

The only two things I would like to see is a stabilizalizer to make your flying and aiming steadier ... and the option to un-lock police vehicles. Sure, I've used the police lock-on to blow up players' car several times, but it adds an unwanted element to a chase.

I agree with most of what you're saying here, but if you're killing 9 out of 10 taking the lock off the police would make it even easier and even less of a challenge. Personally, I wouldn't like a stabilizer because I love the turbulence effect and all it entails.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by AzraelX, 01 December 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Azrael, because of the way you (desperately?) selectively quote me indicates clearly you're not a person to be taken seriously in any kind of argument, so I won't bother.

What the f*ck are you even talking about? If you want to get pissed off that I hold a position you disagree with, have at it. But everyone here can see the contents of this discussion. I didn't selectively quote you, or take anything you said out of context. I quoted exactly the parts I was replying to for the sake of clarity. I wasn't even arguing with you.

It's especially funny because you didn't quote anything I said, so you could avoid addressing all the facts I provided. I gave the actual exact numbers and statistics, not made-up bullsh*t numbers like you did, and you try to play it off like I'm the one that shouldn't be taken seriously :lol:

It looks like your true colors are starting to show here. Clearly you were offended by something I said, and you're being a passive-aggressive bitch about it. It's sad to base your entire argument around ad hominem, with no actual facts or truth to speak of, and then claim that you should be taken seriously. At least I only insult people that are objectively wrong, and who invite me to do so by acting like immature asshats first. Luckily you now meet both criteria.

You want to know who can't be taken seriously? Someone who claims that they know it takes 13 to 18 RPGs to destroy a tank, because they did testing to find out. And then when you get called out on it, you reply that you didn't actually do any testing because you're apparently incapable of counting, so you just wrote down "a lot" next to every weapon you tested and decided to make up the numbers later.

It's kind of sad you think you even feel the need to say anything at all when you're clearly out of your depth.

Now allow me to show you what selectively quoting actually looks like, for future reference.

my girlfriend

Yeah right, tell us more bro.

We didn't decide to follow the criteria

Right, you didn't follow the very simple criteria of "fire until it blows up" to find out how much you had to fire until it blows up. I guess only a dickhead could be smart enough to figure that much out, eh?

You never did any testing, because the definition of "testing" is clearly lost on you. You can't test how many RPGs it takes to blow up a tank without the tank blowing up, or without even counting the RPGs.  Next you can tell us all how it's possible to swim underwater for 10 minutes, which you know because you and your genius girlfriend were testing it on the beach by running around near the water.

It should be obvious how stupidly flawed your approach is when you produced numbers in this thread that are completely wrong. 13 to 18 RPGs, lmfao. Good one.

took loads of RPGs
It took at most 8, far less if you weren't firing at the front like an idiot.

Grenade launcher, too many grenades needed

It took at most 8, far less if you weren't firing at the front like an idiot. Grenade launcher can take down a tank in 4 seconds, more than enough time if you went Off The Radar first.

I guess that's not something you thought of during your supposed "rigorous testing" where you failed to even count the number of projectiles you used. I guess basic arithmetic is tough for someone of your obvious mental aptitude.

I can imagine you went to all the trouble of setting up these tests, and actually blew each tank up, and then wrote down on a piece of paper "too many".

At this point it's obvious that your tests are about as real as your girlfriend and her dual PS3s.

We concluded the best option was sticky bombs in terms of number, but the numbers were still too high

Yeah, 4 sticky bombs is too high. That's about $2000. Oh no!

Maybe planting bombs on specific parts of a tank would be more effective

Yeah, maybe it would, or maybe it wouldn't and you could just put them on the ground. I guess you'd know if you had more than 30 seconds of in-game experience to rely on, eh?

Just to educate you even further, you don't need to plant the f*cking sticky bombs on the tank, or even be particularly close to it with them. Splash damage is all-or-nothing, if the back end of the tank is touching the large blast radius of the sticky bombs then it will be destroyed. Not hard to figure out if you'd actually cared to, but at this point it's clear you don't care about silly things like "facts" and "being right".

$1800 we'd have to pay to blow up a $200 dollar tank.

If you're so hard-pressed for money that this makes a difference to you (I mean that's just a single convenience store robbery), then you shouldn't be worrying about blowing up tanks in the first place. You should be doing jobs so you can actually afford ammunition before you go out picking fights.

we either snipe them or use a tank or two ourselves

Okay. I know that numbers aren't your strong suit, but get this. A tank costs $1,500,000 initial investment, plus $200 per use. That means you're saving $1600 each use (if sticky bombs still cost full price, which is doubtful). Let's be generous and say you play this game every single day, and you go out of your way to destroy another player's tank every day, because you're a really dedicated PKK.

You'd have to do that for over two and a half years straight before the tank would actually pay itself off. Maybe now you can figure out how tanks don't cost "just $200". If $1800 to destroy a tank is such a big deal to you, not only shouldn't you be fighting them, but you shouldn't have wasted all your money on a tank that you obviously couldn't afford in the first place. That $1.5 million would have covered your lifetime combat expenses.

Personally, I'm really not very interested in whatever method you've come up with

That's certainly in stark contrast to "I'd appreciate knowing the method you've come up with". I apologize that I somehow deeply offended you by offering to share said method with you, clearly you're quite in love with being ignorant, and any offers from more experienced players to give you correct information and working tactics is something which should be responded to as hostilely as possible.

Carry on then, you've certainly earned your current level of ability, you may as well keep enjoying it.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 December 2013 - 11:07 PM.

I think the poll served it's purpose--- "NO" wins-- and everyone loses... . //LOCK//

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users