Quantcast

» «
Photo

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Poll: should buzzards have auto-aim on other players? (215 member(s) have cast votes)

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

1. Yes (47 votes [21.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.66%

2. No (170 votes [78.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.34%

Vote
Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by Purple_Eclipse, 30 November 2013 - 06:04 PM.

I want a real helicopter dogfight not just spamming rockets with auto aim repeatedly.

Troublesome86
  • Troublesome86

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not for players on foot but definitely for tanks and player vehicles.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by NukedPratorian, 30 November 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Don't have a tank (and whenever someone I'm fighting resorts to using one I consider myself victorious and go back to my Safehouse to celebrate), so I'm honestly not in the know about tanks, good to know that there is another way to kill them though.

Lol, it just occurred to me NukedPraetorian pulled out a tank against me once at the end of a really drawn-out 2-on-1 battle between me him and a friend of his (they were double teaming me and I still killed them plenty, even if I didn't quite break even). The stupid thing is they were friends with one of my crew and I'd gone over to help them fight some other people... Assholes.

I was around lvl 50ish when that happened so I didn't have a tank and I reported you for griefing twice in separate sessions for running us over and others over repeatedly with you car so quit lying. You also forgot to mention you were twice our level and that you were sniping us while we were dealing with 3-4 others so get over yourself and running over players repeatedly with a car who went in passive and clearly are done with the fight and are trying to leave is a dick move. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by AzraelX, 30 November 2013 - 09:14 PM.

in tests I've found it takes 13 to 18 hits with explosive weapons to take out a tank if you concentrate on its frontal armour.

Then you're extremely bad at testing. It takes exactly 8 hits to the front to destroy a tank. Every time.

This isn't random. You don't just guess or make up the numbers that sound right to you. That isn't how testing works.

I can't remember exactly how many sticky bombs it takes

Exactly 4 normally, or 3 if you use a particular ambush method.

Any advice on taking out tanks on foot would be appreciated, but I don't have any expectations frankly.

No idea why you'd have no expectations. This is a forum, you can clearly see people's posting history. This "FatterThanYou" character never posts anything worthwhile, he's just a hotheaded forum troll that flies off the handle at every perceived slight, as demonstrated in this thread and many others.

You could have easily checked my post and thread history to see that I only release valid information to the community, and it's often new information that no one had sorted out the exact details of yet. That's the reason only FatterThanYou is trying to argue against what I'm saying.

Really, look at the logical consistency of what he's been saying: "I don't know what method people are using to destroy tanks, but it definitely doesn't exist!"

That in and of itself demonstrates what an ignoramus he is.

Btw, challenging people on these forums to private matches to prove a point is pretty pathetic really. If any of the trash talkers had any real balls they'd be meeting up in real life to punch the sh*t out of each other instead of annoying people here with their idiocy.

You sounded fairly rational up until this point.

If someone is screaming "I CAN KILL YOU 20 TIMES IN GAME BEFORE YOU CAN KILL ME ONCE!", the only logical course of action is to challenge them to a private match to prove they are wrong. No amount of arguing on a forum is going to disprove such an irrational statement, especially when they've based it on something that can only be verified in-game. And this is a forum specifically for people who actually play the game, yes? Expecting someone to play the game is not unreasonable by any measure.

There are some pathetic things here though. Blindly disputing objectively true information? Pretty pathetic. Claiming to be able to kill someone 20 times in a row, but refusing to demonstrate this skill in-game? Very pathetic. Spending all day on the forum, and having an arbitrary discussion in some thread being the most important part of your life, to the point that you actually bring it up in other threads on the forum? Extremely pathetic.

As for you wanting the details of that information, I'll be sure to send you a link when the thread goes up.

PS: still waiting for that method to fight tanks on foot without being smoked, Azrael. 

I guess you're as illiterate as you are irrational. I offered to demonstrate it against you in-game. Still waiting for that game invite, scrub.

PSN is dyr_gl. Feel free to add and show your theory.

Wow! Nearly 24 hours and a dozen refusals later, you finally agree to get wrecked.

Fortunately for you, I'm on Xbox. How about you find a friend on Xbox to act as your proxy and fight on your behalf.

Assuming someone as obnoxious and ignorant as you actually managed to find someone willing to accept a friend request, of course.

It´s so easy to see who actually know what he´s talking about

You're right, it is. Too bad it's not you.

We all know he isn't just trash talking, since he has a documented history of releasing new and valid information to the community. What I don´t know is why I need to embarrass myself like this, making idiotic claims that clearly show I don't even play this game. As if anyone cares about my opinion regarding lock on tanks. The only reason I keep claiming it's impossible for pedestrians to fight a tank is because I'm just sitting all day in a tank and I'm scared of the idea that there's something low rank players can do to actually challenge the tank.

True! You're completely right, for once.

Do you notice how everyone is ignoring your posts? No one cares what you think. You're a nobody.

The reality is that the people at Rockstar care even less about your opinion than the people at this forum.

You don't contribute to the community and you don't contribute to the game. You're just a worthless embarrassment screaming for attention.

I can't believe people in here think killing a tank on foot is impossible, it's really very simple, but with even the most reliable method you only get one shot at it. 

Anyways, no more tank killing for me. I've proven to myself I can do it, a bunch of times, and that's it. I hate screwing up or getting the dosage of explosives wrong, and getting spawn killed after only weakening him. It's as bitch. 

Clearly someone who actually plays the game. The reason a few people are saying such nonsense is because they have little to no actual in-game experience.

And yeah, getting the dosage correct consistently takes a fair bit of practice. It's quite an exact science, I don't blame anyone for avoiding the lengthy process of trying to get it perfect lol. The thread I'm drawing up should alleviate a lot of the learning curve though.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

The RL should lock on to aerial vehicles if they're able to lock on to players. That would be completely unfair for players lower than level 100 though.

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Changed my mind

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Disagree. Tanks are slow moving, just takes some practice to get used to aiming the manual cursor. And having auto aim with PV would lead to accidentalBad Sports points as well as costly insurance prices. Best the way it is now.

• AzraelX and vaas like this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

I crashed it

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

I personally think that there should be no locking system on the online with the buzzard, or at least an option to turn it off....

I made a video using annihilators, and they destroy buzzards so easily it is ridiculous. The main reason for this is that the missile lock actually hinders the attack buzzard at higher level game play.

<< there's the video showing how useless the auto aim missiles are

Nice video Tonksi. I hope life is treating you well.

The annihilator's guns are more destructive true, but you need to have obliging buzzards that come into range in the first place, rather than just fly off, and if they have a height advantage things get far more complicated very quickly.

I hated the buzzard's lock at first, but now I think it's better since it gives every player a chance to get a few dogfight kills. Also, even though the lock makes certain shots a guaranteed miss, I think the possibility of bending missiles into favorable trajectories gives the lock system a tantalizing edge, that and free aim still being possible at long range and short range lock making no difference anyway, it's not such a bad system.

That other video you make on the fighter jet was fascinating btw. I think I'll try and give the dunce pool a miss though.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 30 November 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Don't have a tank (and whenever someone I'm fighting resorts to using one I consider myself victorious and go back to my Safehouse to celebrate), so I'm honestly not in the know about tanks, good to know that there is another way to kill them though.
Lol, it just occurred to me NukedPraetorian pulled out a tank against me once at the end of a really drawn-out 2-on-1 battle between me him and a friend of his (they were double teaming me and I still killed them plenty, even if I didn't quite break even). The stupid thing is they were friends with one of my crew and I'd gone over to help them fight some other people... Assholes.

I was around lvl 50ish when that happened so I didn't have a tank and I reported you for griefing twice in separate sessions for running us over and others over repeatedly with you car so quit lying. You also forgot to mention you were twice our level and that you were sniping us while we were dealing with 3-4 others so get over yourself and running over players repeatedly with a car who went in passive and clearly are done with the fight and are trying to leave is a dick move.
I don't remember what level you were and I don't know whose tank it was but I distinctly remember you using it to blow me up so stop lying. Also you could see I was in Basketball's Crew (Seal) and I came over with him to help you fight those other guys, asking him to tell you I was friendly (which he said he did). You ran me over in your truck after killing me once already and after that I started shooting the two of you. And if you think I was griefing you when you and your friend picked the fight with me, you're delusional. I admit, after your friend went into passive mode jerking off at me and you ran to pick up the tank and drive it over, yeah I ran over that asshole and killed him, and it was worth it for that last f*ck you.

I mean really, you and your friend were double teaming me and you honestly think I was griefing you, that's hilarious and awesome. I guess I won that fight more definitively than I thought.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by FasterThanYou, 01 December 2013 - 01:45 AM.

Still waiting to hear that method from Azrael X. It´s getting late here!!

You know, it´s quite telling you´ve written a huge post full of ad-hominem crap full of hate without a single useful word on topic, when what you´be repeatedly been asked to tell takes about 3 lines of text. 

I mean, I´ve read all that nasty stuff I am just in case you wrote something useful somewhere: No luck.

You have the whole place waiting for that "new information that no one else around have figured out yet" you always release!! (I must confess that piece of post made me smile). Really funny claim in the middle of a post full of kiddish feuding garbage with no info at all!!

On the other hand, I will keep doing this sh*t troll job I do around here, posting crap 24/7. Like this (full thread full of good contributions, 70+ pages full of quality posts on vehicle dynamics):

http://gtaforums.com...driving-debate/

Or this:

http://gtaforums.com...5-war-reporter/

You saw that, a single post with nearly 20 likes by itself. Not too bad for a troll ignored by everyone, uh?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

It's easy enough without auto lock with its big ass splash dmg....

hate the fact we can't aim while keeping it stationary 

This when hoovering the aim should be separate.

• vaas likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

For any player, no.  Definitely not.

However, I think it wouldn't be too bad to lock on to tanks.   I'm sure a lot of tank drivers think this wouldn't be cool, but I think it'd actually be pretty balanced.  Tanks can shoot buzzards out of the sky quite easily and they're ridiculously fast for tanks, so it definitely wouldn't tip the balance too far against tanks.

• FasterThanYou and vaas like this

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

For tanks yes . For players on foot no. For players cars yes . The buzzard cost 1.7 mil make it worth the money. What's with all the hate in this community. Half u guys are way off topic . Some of u are writing 5-6 paragraphs of insults .
  • vaas likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

For tanks yes . For players on foot no. For players cars yes . The buzzard cost 1.7 mil make it worth the money. What's with all the hate in this community. Half u guys are way off topic . Some of u are writing 5-6 paragraphs of insults .

The buzzard might cost 1.7 million if you're stupid enough to buy it, but it does spawn free almost without fail at three different places.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

For tanks yes . For players on foot no. For players cars yes .

I agree except for one thing.

I think that it shouldn´t lock on cars. And I say it for the sake of Buzzard pilots, not because it would be unfairly easy!!

Why I sayt it? There´s a mission where you have to destroy a speeding vehicle with missiles. Missiles always hit 5 meters behind the moving car even if you have a perfect green lock. And it´s a vehicle AI driven, which will be way slower and dumber than an actual driver.

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

No one voting is an idiot here. The options are bad. Both. I wouldn´t want "auto aim" on other players from a Buzzard. And I don´t think the OP was talking about "auto aim" either.

If we talk about lock-on feature, which is what I think he was asking about, that´s a different matter. Still "yes" or "no" just aren´t enough to answer this one.

- A Buzzard locking on pedestrians is bullsh*t, both from a gameplay and from a technical POV.
- A Buzzard locking on cars isn´t bullsh*t from a technical POV, but it would be too easy for the Buzzard and bad for gameplay
- A Buzzard locking on large vehicles and tanks is perfectly believable from a technical POV, and it would boost gameplay balance.

I meant to say lock on feature, and about the options I ticked the box allowing multiple answers from you guys cant you add options of ur own?

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

I don't remember what level you were and I don't know whose tank it was but I distinctly remember you using it to blow me up so stop lying. Also you could see I was in Basketball's Crew (Seal) and I came over with him to help you fight those other guys, asking him to tell you I was friendly (which he said he did). You ran me over in your truck after killing me once already and after that I started shooting the two of you. And if you think I was griefing you when you and your friend picked the fight with me, you're delusional. I admit, after your friend went into passive mode jerking off at me and you ran to pick up the tank and drive it over, yeah I ran over that asshole and killed him, and it was worth it for that last f*ck you.

I mean really, you and your friend were double teaming me and you honestly think I was griefing you, that's hilarious and awesome. I guess I won that fight more definitively than I thought.

I don't care to play he said she said with you anymore I've only had tank for 2 weeks and used it once landed in badsport don't use it anymore that was sometime in October long before I was had my tank.   I don't really care anyway you're an asshole who plays cheap and runs players over multiple times with a car.  I don't like ya don't have anything more to say to ya so later.  FYI I know basketball but hes never been on my FL 3rd time I met you  my pal was getting ready to go after ya and I told him to look at crew list and leave you alone. 

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

I don't remember meeting you three times, though I am bad with names so I may have forgotten or just not noticed you were in the lobby. As far as this cheap player nonsense, firstly that's rich coming from the guy who double teamed me after I came to help you fight other people who were ganging up on you (and then used somebody's tank and won't own up to it, two on one apparently wasn't advantage enough for you to take me).

Secondly, I don't start sh*t with people, period. When someone picks a fight with me or one of my crew, I fight back. And yes, when some asshole picks a fight with me or one of my crew for no reason at all, and then goes into passive mode and starts jerking off at me when he gets his ass kicked and can't take the heat from the sh*t he started, I take great relish in running them down as many times as possible. If they want to leave they have that option, but pick a fight with me for no good reason and I will gladly f*ck you up and not feel the least bit bad about it.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by AzraelX, 01 December 2013 - 03:32 AM.

You saw that, a single post with nearly 20 likes

Yeah, a post meant for entertainment. Not to help anyone do anything except laugh. That's what I expect from a joke. Stick to what you're good at.

The only thing you're fit to shoot in this game is a camera anyways. Let the real players talk game mechanics while you run around in passive mode.

And why not say "15 likes"? Your need to falsely inflate the number just shows how dishonest and insecure you are. Must be small penis syndrome.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

I don't remember meeting you three times, though I am bad with names so I may have forgotten or just not noticed you were in the lobby. As far as this cheap player nonsense, firstly that's rich coming from the guy who double teamed me after I came to help you fight other people who were ganging up on you (and then used somebody's tank and won't own up to it, two on one apparently wasn't advantage enough for you to take me).

Secondly, I don't start sh*t with people, period. When someone picks a fight with me or one of my crew, I fight back. And yes, when some asshole picks a fight with me or one of my crew for no reason at all, and then goes into passive mode and starts jerking off at me when he gets his ass kicked and can't take the heat from the sh*t he started, I take great relish in running them down as many times as possible. If they want to leave they have that option, but pick a fight with me for no good reason and I will gladly f*ck you up and not feel the least bit bad about it.

I never used a tank that day we were out in the swamp below the military base and no where near any tanks.  None of my friends or crew had access to one until recently.  You are confusing me with someone else.  You must piss off a lot of people.  There was no reason for you to bring any of this up in the first place on forum other than to be the asshole you are.  I guess you need to feel big or something.   I only play occasionally now and could care less at this point so get over it.  I doubt we will ever run into each other again.   You also should mind your own business you had no reason to get involved and if your idea of helping is spawn killing people after someone else kills them then running them over multiple times while they try to leave and call for a car from passive then you're a bit stupid.  

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:44 AM Edited by Kazandra, 01 December 2013 - 06:12 AM.

Missiles have an auto lock-on in RL.  Rockets don't.  Locking on to vehicles should be in the game.  Pedestrians...not necessarily.  

I guess the real question is whether the buzzard is supposed to have missiles or rockets.  There is a difference.  

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

I never used a tank that day we were out in the swamp below the military base and no where near any tanks.  None of my friends or crew had access to one until recently.  You are confusing me with someone else.  You must piss off a lot of people.  There was no reason for you to bring any of this up in the first place on forum other than to be the asshole you are.  I guess you need to feel big or something.   I only play occasionally now and could care less at this point so get over it.  I doubt we will ever run into each other again.   You also should mind your own business you had no reason to get involved and if your idea of helping is spawn killing people after someone else kills them then running them over multiple times while they try to leave and call for a car from passive then you're a bit stupid.  

You're right I didn't have to call you out but you guys were both assholes and when I remembered where I knew you from (and considering the topic of my post, and my recollection of there being a tank at the end of that fight, I could swear it was you and if you ask Basketball he'll remember me mentioning at the time how pitiful it was that two of you needed a tank to fight me by myself) I decided to bring it up because I felt like you had it coming.

Like I said I always help my friends/crew, and the friends of my crew mate were close enough for me to want to help, I came over to lend a hand and we spent the next hour or two going at it for no reason besides you guys being ungrateful and trigger happy douchebags.

If you'd just been some random person who happened to fight me I wouldn't have cared and never would have bother mentioning it, but I came over trying to render assistance and was rewarded by being spawn killed for an hour by the very people I came to help, and that pissed me off especially.

After that, you saying I was griefing you is idiotic, you and your friend are both c*nts and deserve to be called out as trolls. I never meant for this to become a huge back and forth, but in retrospect I'm glad that it did. I do have to thank you again, hearing that you thought I was griefing you makes me not even angry about it anymore, now this whole thing is just funny (and not in a good way for you).

I'm certainly no saint, but I'm no troll either (I still haven't even bought myself a tank yet, and not for lack of opportunity), you picked a fight with me and double teamed me for an hour, so yeah I fought dirty and no I'm not inclined to treat you with the slightest shred of courtesy or respect, you've demonstrated quite clearly that you deserve neither.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Azrael I think you're making serious errors in assuming:

a) That all players have complete knowledge of the game

b) That all players are completely aware of their surroundings

c) That all players are perfectly rational.

Tanks 1HK Buzzards but it takes a Buzzard a dozen hits to kill a tank. You're right that a Buzzard can very easily outrun a tank so the Buzzard decides whether a fight actually happens... but if the Buzzard pilot hasn't fought Heli-vs-Tank combat before on this game they might not know that they need to run away (or they might not see the tank and end up getting taken off-guard).  Intuitively there's no reason to expect the tank will have that big of an advantage and an inexperienced Buzzard pilot can easily end up picking a fight that will go badly for them. Also the Rhino can fire upwards at a very steep angle so it's very easy to misjudge that and end up dying despite trying to hang in its blind-spot. However I would say that 2-man Buzzards have an advantage over tanks as you can fire downwards at a much steeper angle with the manual co-pilot missile than the pilot missile... and the lock-ons are just unhelpful when the tank is surrounded by police vehicles (getting an angle advantage combined with superior manoeuvrability means you just pelt away at it when it can never fight back).

You're right that almost any vehicle can outrun a tank... and that a lot of the time it's very easy to see tanks coming on the radar. But that's because you know the tank spawn points and know the speed of a tank and you know that they aren't worth fighting head on. Again unless you've fought tanks multiple times you aren't going to know what to look for and it's very easy for inexperienced players to end up in a fight at a disadvantage... or if you did know what to look for you might not be paying attention to radar all the time... of if you did know a tank was coming you might choose to fight it instead of the largely superior option of just running away.

I agree that your method is an excellent way to take out tanks but I don't think it's obvious or intuitive and IMO trying GLs or RPGs seem like decent attempts.. if someone hasn't explicitly tested tank armour and come up with the optimal way to blow one up. Also a lot of players seem very reluctant to use passive mode in the first place.

Inexperienced player in a tank vs Inexperienced player on foot I think a 20:1 K/D for the guy in the tank is actually a reasonable guess. For 100% knowledgeable, 100% aware, rational, high-skill players then yeah tank-vs-infantry then arguably the tank is at a disadvantage (because there is no fight unless the infantry player has set up a trap)... but I don't think that's an accurate representation of what happens in the average free-roam.

I have good faith that your data is correct but I think you're misjudging how the fight plays out between average players.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by AzraelX, 01 December 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Hmm, you might be right. I don't think it's unfair to expect inexperienced players to become experienced through the rigors of combat, but two players having no idea what they're doing will probably favor the one using a tank.

Ideally they'd figure out quickly how to use passive mode, but the thing about players avoiding passive mode is true, and I don't know why. I went through the same phase, where I was hellbent on destroying a tank rather than taking the strategically superior option of walking away.

I'm not saying I never thought an RPG was the solution to a tank, I think everyone begins there when they first start playing. It's something like "get killed by tank repeatedly" > "use weapons ineffectively" > "conclude current weapons are inadequate" > "assume RPG is the necessary key to tank destruction since it's the last explosive that unlocks" > "gain another 95 ranks" > "buy an RPG" > "actually try to fight a tank with it" > "cry yourself to sleep".

The difference is that, while I was still inexperienced, I didn't pretend I was representing high-level gameplay, and telling experienced players that my own suicidal misadventures are representative of the endgame. I didn't try to tell people that things are impossible when I couldn't possibly know one way or the other due to my inexperience. And I definitely didn't go into five different threads spreading passive-aggressive misinformation, trying to play myself up as the final word on all things combat-related in an attempt to save face, when I had no meaningful experience on the subject.

I'm not sure why anyone would put so much importance into trivial forum-happenings that they'd get that emotionally worked up in real-life. I think that's the point where it's time to go outside, remember it's just a forum for discussing what is just a video game, and then refocus your priorities to try to find a few healthy life goals. And always remember that any suggestions posted here are inconsequential since no one at Rockstar is ever going to read them, let alone care.

At any rate, I see where you're coming from. The learning curve for killing people with a tank is shallower than the learning curve for defending yourself from a tank, although that's almost entirely due to people's unwillingness to learn how to use passive mode effectively, or to even use it at all. I'd like to think that everyone will learn eventually, given enough avoidable deaths.

Troublesome86
  • Troublesome86

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Disagree. Tanks are slow moving, just takes some practice to get used to aiming the manual cursor. And having auto aim with PV would lead to accidentalBad Sports points as well as costly insurance prices. Best the way it is now.

Helicopters are an easy target and tanks are way too overpowered.

I own both a tank and a buzzard, the tank would win every time.

Because of the helicopters advantage I think it would be fair if it took 3 buzzard rockets to destroy a tank due to it's armor, Rhino versus Buzzard battles would be great fun and very fair then in my opinion.  

Having a buzzard lock onto player driven vehicles, not just personal vehicles, would be great in my opinion, it's up to the players discretion if he wants to blow up a PV, just because you can doesn't mean you have too.

I blow up Pv's all the time when chasing bounties, or on someone that pissed me off but I don't just blow up cars at will and have never been BS'd.

Obviously the Buzzard would have an advantage over a car or a bike, but it can easily be evaded by a half - decent driver.   

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by NukedPratorian, 01 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.

You're right I didn't have to call you out but you guys were both assholes and when I remembered where I knew you from (and considering the topic of my post, and my recollection of there being a tank at the end of that fight, I could swear it was you and if you ask Basketball he'll remember me mentioning at the time how pitiful it was that two of you needed a tank to fight me by myself) I decided to bring it up because I felt like you had it coming.

Like I said I always help my friends/crew, and the friends of my crew mate were close enough for me to want to help, I came over to lend a hand and we spent the next hour or two going at it for no reason besides you guys being ungrateful and trigger happy douchebags.

If you'd just been some random person who happened to fight me I wouldn't have cared and never would have bother mentioning it, but I came over trying to render assistance and was rewarded by being spawn killed for an hour by the very people I came to help, and that pissed me off especially.

After that, you saying I was griefing you is idiotic, you and your friend are both c*nts and deserve to be called out as trolls. I never meant for this to become a huge back and forth, but in retrospect I'm glad that it did. I do have to thank you again, hearing that you thought I was griefing you makes me not even angry about it anymore, now this whole thing is just funny (and not in a good way for you).

I'm certainly no saint, but I'm no troll either (I still haven't even bought myself a tank yet, and not for lack of opportunity), you picked a fight with me and double teamed me for an hour, so yeah I fought dirty and no I'm not inclined to treat you with the slightest shred of courtesy or respect, you've demonstrated quite clearly that you deserve neither.

Do you feel better now like a big man who can bash people with slander online?  What's next going to say you and your buddy basketball saw me saw me driving a pink adder into customs over and over again or using an invincibility glitch against you 3 months ago too? You're quite the story teller and one of the pathetic players who make this game suck.  You came here posted a snide remark towards me which I ignored then decided to post another remark with some story from early October that we both see differently.  You aren't worthy of respect either and calling anyone out on a forum is bullsh*t.  Its stupid this forum allows it and all the posts about cheating.  Moral of story mind your own business you had no reason to come try to help that day or to bash me on this thread.  Clearly your actions pissed off both me and my crew off  yet you think you were helping.   

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Do you feel better now like a big man who can bash people with slander online?  What's next going to say you and your buddy basketball saw me saw me driving a pink adder into customs over and over again or using an invincibility glitch against you 3 months ago too? You're quite the story teller and one of the pathetic players who make this game suck.  You came here posted a snide remark towards me which I ignored then decided to post another remark with some story from early October that we both see differently.  You aren't worthy of respect either and calling anyone out on a forum is bullsh*t.  Its stupid this forum allows it and all the posts about cheating.  Moral of story mind your own business you had no reason to come try to help that day or to bash me on this thread.  Clearly your actions pissed off both me and my crew off  yet you think you were helping.   

I've already established I feel better now yes, and if you didn't want to be outed as a troll you shouldn't act like one. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you're not an ass for acting like an asshole in it, and if you think I should treat you kindly in real life after that bullsh*t think again.

And no basketball wasn't there and didn't see anything, he was in my party however and heard everything, I honestly remember you killing me with a tank and that's not something I'd just forget after that big fight. Really it's justice to see how pissed off you are right now, that's all the reason I needed to out you. Next time someone tries to lend you a hand, don't spit in their face, and if you do don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you in the ass.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by NukedPratorian, 01 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

I've already established I feel better now yes, and if you didn't want to be outed as a troll you shouldn't act like one. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you're not an ass for acting like an asshole in it, and if you think I should treat you kindly in real life after that bullsh*t think again.

And no basketball wasn't there and didn't see anything, he was in my party however and heard everything, I honestly remember you killing me with a tank and that's not something I'd just forget after that big fight. Really it's justice to see how pissed off you are right now, that's all the reason I needed to out you. Next time someone tries to lend you a hand, don't spit in their face, and if you do don't be surprised if it comes back to bite you in the ass.

If I had a damn tank I would not have let you run me over about 10 times with a car and report you for griefing and your message saying you were trying to help wasn't received by me.  I'm laughing at how butthurt you are over something from 2 months ago though.  You should have minded your own business and whole thing would have been avoided.  But some losers just have to be center of attention then bitch and lie and make up tank stories to justify greifing players when things don't go their way. I'm done dealing with you as I could care less if everyone here or in game hates me since I'm never going to meet any of you and you're not a significant part of my life anyway. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Enough with the arguing, let's get back on topic. If you don't have a legit answer for this man's topic, don't post here at all. Take the quarrel to PM.

• NukedPratorian likes this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

I crashed it

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Azrael, because of the way you (desperately?) selectively quote me indicates clearly you're not a person to be taken seriously in any kind of argument, so I won't bother.

About the tests, me and my girlfriend have a dual PS3 system with two TVs on the wall, so it's easy for us to test stuff and see both points of view at once, lag effects, all kinds of stuff.  So we decided to spawn new undamaged tanks on the beach and fire explosive weapons at them to see if there was a realistic option for us on foot when faced with a tank. We didn't decide to follow the criteria of any particular dickhead on the internet, strangely enough.

So, we spawned a tank, blew it up with RPGs, took loads of RPGs, so not a serious option.  Grenade launcher, too many grenades needed, so not a serious option, etc.  I don't remember exactly how many of these weapons we needed to use to blow up a tank because we were looking for a serious option, not a statistic, if you see what I mean.  We concluded the best option was sticky bombs in terms of number, but the numbers were still too high for us to get excited about.  Maybe planting bombs on specific parts of a tank would be more effective, but we don't give a crap because it's still not worth our time bothering to do that.  If we get caught out by a tank in freemode, we'll either go on passive mode and escape, or get on a roof and chuck multiple sticky bombs on it and try and blow it up. Well done if you've found a way to do it with three sticky bombs, but that's still not going to get us too excited really since that's $1800 we'd have to pay to blow up a $200 dollar tank.  If we really want to get someone with a tank, we either snipe them or use a tank or two ourselves.

Personally, I'm really not very interested in whatever method you've come up with, but some people here would probably like to know so it would be considerate of you to tell them.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

I want an option to have it stop locking on police... too many times I've tried to lock on another guy with a Buzzard and my chopper is like "NUH-UH, NOT TODAY" and locks on every Police it sees instead of the player. It becomes especially annoying with 3+ star Wanted level...

Agree. It's extremely annoying, almost cries out for police attention. 

Maybe they shouldn't go as far as auto-locking on a pedestrian, but definitely another player's vehicle.

I think that would really ruin things. I can already take out a car 9 times out of 10 when the player is trying to drive away, no matter how fast he is. If I could lock-on to a player's vehicle, it would take zero skill. I wouldn't even find it fun anymore, to be honest.

I don't understand why players want changes to be made that take away every bit of skill. Isn't the driving already nerfed enough for everyone? 

The only two things I would like to see is a stabilizalizer to make your flying and aiming steadier ... and the option to un-lock police vehicles. Sure, I've used the police lock-on to blow up players' car several times, but it adds an unwanted element to a chase.

• NukedPratorian likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users