Quantcast

» «
Photo

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Poll: should buzzards have auto-aim on other players? (215 member(s) have cast votes)

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

1. Yes (47 votes [21.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.66%

2. No (170 votes [78.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.34%

Vote
Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 30 November 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Don't have a tank (and whenever someone I'm fighting resorts to using one I consider myself victorious and go back to my Safehouse to celebrate), so I'm honestly not in the know about tanks, good to know that there is another way to kill them though.

Lol, it just occurred to me NukedPraetorian pulled out a tank against me once at the end of a really drawn-out 2-on-1 battle between me him and a friend of his (they were double teaming me and I still killed them plenty, even if I didn't quite break even). The stupid thing is they were friends with one of my crew and I'd gone over to help them fight some other people... Assholes.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

I hate double-teaming. The best part is when one of them offers a 1-vs-1 DM with his friend waiting around the corner, so he can just hide and let his friend trash you, since you can't see their blip. It basically gives them a 5 minute long Off The Radar, which is ridiculous.

It wouldn't surprise me that someone resorting to 2-vs-1 would then resort to a tank to augment their odds even further, sounds about right.

Taky
  • Taky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

I haven't seen a tank since Bad Sports lobby which was early 1.05...afraid to use mine, people be suicidal with cars n sh*t xD

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Don't worry, just keep your tank stationary when they come near you and they'll get punished for the vehicle's destruction. If they just sit next to you waiting for you to move, either get out of the tank and shoot them, or put a bounty on them and run them over. You can blow up someone's car all day, as long as they're inside it and have a bounty on them. Have fun.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

I was actually happy they pulled out a tank on me, gave me an excuse to count it as a victory and leave even though my K/D went down by 0.02.
  • AzraelX likes this

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

no..but auto lock for tanks definitely..

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

I was actually happy they pulled out a tank on me, gave me an excuse to count it as a victory and leave even though my K/D went down by 0.02.

Yeah, that's really the best course of action. No one should be choosing to fight a tank if they don't have to, and if they do choose to, it should be with the knowledge that they're taking an unnecessary risk. That's when I turn on passive mode; even if you're invested enough in the fight to stick around, passive mode gives you the time and ability to reposition yourself for a strategic edge.

As far as simply walking away when a tank comes out, helicopters are excellent at winning in this regard. Unless the helicopter chooses to go attack the tank, it's impossible for a tank driver to ever kill a helicopter pilot.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I've always found tanks relatively easy to destroy. That said, if you go at a tank and miss, or don't kill it completely, it will end badly. 

Ultimately killing tanks takes up too much time and money and it just isn't worth it anymore, unless I spawn somewhere with easy access to a rooftop that is a far enough distance away to snipe them. 

I can't believe people in here think killing a tank on foot is impossible, it's really very simple, but with even the most reliable method you only get one shot at it. 

Anyways, no more tank killing for me. I've proven to myself I can do it, a bunch of times, and that's it. I hate screwing up or getting the dosage of explosives wrong, and getting spawn killed after only weakening him. It's as bitch. 

• AzraelX likes this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Interesting thread. I'd love to know how to fight a tank on foot without getting wasted a lot. I know about the long range snipping bit, but in tests I've found it takes 13 to 18 hits with explosive weapons to take out a tank if you concentrate on its frontal armour. I didn't test shooting it in the arse since they don't usually attack you that way. I can't remember exactly how many sticky bombs it takes, but I think they were the best option in this category. I didn't test multiple bombs exploded at the same time, might work, but you'd probably end up dead in the process and quite expensive too.

Buzzard v tank? In my experience, a tank can take out a buzzard in one shot no problem as long as it's in range and not right overhead. The buzzard can outmaneuver a tank easily, but it's go no punch. Again, in tests, it took 29 hits (if I remember correctly) from buzzard missiles for the tank be destroyed. So, using a buzzard to hunt tanks is not much of an option. The only exception I can see is if you've go a copilot on the gun camera pumping missiles at the tank from a high angle that the tank can't raise its gun to. But even this is more about irritating a tank than destroying it as it's unlikely the tank is going to stay nice and still while you hit it 29 times.

Any advice on taking out tanks on foot would be appreciated, but I don't have any expectations frankly.

About buzzards being underpowered or not, in gta iv tbogt, buzzards were well overpowered. In v, I think they've got it more or less right. I love the fact that the lifespan of a helicopter is short and they can't be repaired so there aren't many heli noobs spawn killing much these days in v and ruining the game. The weapons on the buzzard are fine for taking out ground targets, apart from tanks that is. If you're playing ok, you'll probably only need 1 or 2 shots and the ground target is dead most of the time using missiles. The guns seemed pathetic when I first started playing gta online, but I've noticed its kind of like iv, it takes getting used to, but it's not so hard to kill players on the ground with the guns either. The only snag is you need a bit of stability to get the shot right and that allows the ground guy to get a good shot at you too, but that's fair enough anyway. It would be boring if it was too easy. Best use of the guns though is for shooting players out of their cars without blowing the car up. I find it very difficult to do, but it's a good feeling when you manage it.

The auto aim on the buzzards missiles is a pain sometimes since it locks on to anything except the target you're after in certain conditions, but you can always switch to guns and have a go with those instead.

I must say though that v seems to have put a lot of people off flying buzzards because it's a bit harder to fly them than it was in iv. I predict though that in a few months people will have learned to fly again and we'll see a lot more buzzards in the sky. At the moment though, it seems as though there just aren't many people out there at all that can fly them to a reasonable standard and I can't say I've encountered anyone at all so far that didn't look like an accident waiting to happen. Having said that, I only play in free aim games so I don't know the full picture. I doubt auto aim games are full of good "pilots" though.

Btw, challenging people on these forums to private matches to prove a point is pretty pathetic really. If any of the trash talkers had any real balls they'd be meeting up in real life to punch the sh*t out of each other instead of annoying people here with their idiocy.

Have a nice day.
  • FasterThanYou likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Only if there's a bounty on their heads.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Only on players in tanks. 

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Back to the topic at hand...

No, a helicopter shouldn't be an easy thing to use and with auto-aim it would just be ridiculously easy.

However, players on foot shouldn't be able to auto-lock onto helicopters...

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 30 November 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Interesting thread. I'd love to know how to fight a tank on foot without getting wasted a lot. I know about the long range snipping bit, but in tests I've found it takes 13 to 18 hits with explosive weapons to take out a tank if you concentrate on its frontal armour. I didn't test shooting it in the arse since they don't usually attack you that way. I can't remember exactly how many sticky bombs it takes, but I think they were the best option in this category. I didn't test multiple bombs exploded at the same time, might work, but you'd probably end up dead in the process and quite expensive too.

Buzzard v tank? In my experience, a tank can take out a buzzard in one shot no problem as long as it's in range and not right overhead. The buzzard can outmaneuver a tank easily, but it's go no punch. Again, in tests, it took 29 hits (if I remember correctly) from buzzard missiles for the tank be destroyed. So, using a buzzard to hunt tanks is not much of an option. The only exception I can see is if you've go a copilot on the gun camera pumping missiles at the tank from a high angle that the tank can't raise its gun to. But even this is more about irritating a tank than destroying it as it's unlikely the tank is going to stay nice and still while you hit it 29 times.

Any advice on taking out tanks on foot would be appreciated, but I don't have any expectations frankly.

About buzzards being underpowered or not, in gta iv tbogt, buzzards were well overpowered. In v, I think they've got it more or less right. I love the fact that the lifespan of a helicopter is short and they can't be repaired so there aren't many heli noobs spawn killing much these days in v and ruining the game. The weapons on the buzzard are fine for taking out ground targets, apart from tanks that is. If you're playing ok, you'll probably only need 1 or 2 shots and the ground target is dead most of the time using missiles. The guns seemed pathetic when I first started playing gta online, but I've noticed its kind of like iv, it takes getting used to, but it's not so hard to kill players on the ground with the guns either. The only snag is you need a bit of stability to get the shot right and that allows the ground guy to get a good shot at you too, but that's fair enough anyway. It would be boring if it was too easy. Best use of the guns though is for shooting players out of their cars without blowing the car up. I find it very difficult to do, but it's a good feeling when you manage it.

The auto aim on the buzzards missiles is a pain sometimes since it locks on to anything except the target you're after in certain conditions, but you can always switch to guns and have a go with those instead.

I must say though that v seems to have put a lot of people off flying buzzards because it's a bit harder to fly them than it was in iv. I predict though that in a few months people will have learned to fly again and we'll see a lot more buzzards in the sky. At the moment though, it seems as though there just aren't many people out there at all that can fly them to a reasonable standard and I can't say I've encountered anyone at all so far that didn't look like an accident waiting to happen. Having said that, I only play in free aim games so I don't know the full picture. I doubt auto aim games are full of good "pilots" though.

Btw, challenging people on these forums to private matches to prove a point is pretty pathetic really. If any of the trash talkers had any real balls they'd be meeting up in real life to punch the sh*t out of each other instead of annoying people here with their idiocy.

Have a nice day.

You can wait for that advice, we all know he´s just trash talking. What I don´t know is why he needs to embarrass himself like that making idiotic claims to defend lock on tanks is the devil. Probably he´s just all day in a tank and he´s scared of something being able to actually challenge the tank at all.

It´s so easy to see who actually know what he´s talking about, and you do. The highlighted parts describe perfectly the reality of the current situation.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

No. /Thread

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

PS: still waiting for that method to fight tanks on foot without being smoked, Azrael. 

I guess you're as illiterate as you are irrational. I offered to demonstrate it against you in-game. Still waiting for that game invite, scrub.

PSN is dyr_gl. Feel free to add and show your theory.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

The Buzzard's miniguns are useless as they're so inaccurate, weak and hard to aim with, even in 1st person view

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

The Buzzard's miniguns are useless as they're so inaccurate, weak and hard to aim with, even in 1st person view

Just a bit of explosive damage for its rounds would sort that out (and make the annihilator actually any useful).

Because it´s really easy to direct the fire and be hit a meter or even inches away from a target but actually hitting it enough times to destroy it is nearly impossible.

On the missiles, it´s fairly easy to hit the targets on free aim, but they´re useless against a tank. A lock on feature for those (and not on police, I can take police out in free aim) would balance this particular fight a bit.

• vaas likes this

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Its not useless there was a guy inside ammunation his PV was parked just outside thats when you use minigun

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I thought that at first too, but they are actually quite potent if you have the patience. You can get them stable on a dive with a bit of reverse thrust to cut down the turbulence effect. They are not a weapon you can dominate with, but they can still be fun.
  • vaas likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

I almost exclusively fly a buzzard. The only time you will find me driving a car in open free roam is after I have been shot down, racing to get another buzzard, Not only do I think auto aim on players would be an unfair advantage, I will divulge my secret way of getting past this limitation. One of the cool things about the police being suck god damn idiots in this game is that they place road blocks to try and stop you in a helicopter. You can rack up a 5 star wanted level then circle your intended player target. As you orbit this poor bastard first he will have a hard time driving anywhere without pissing off the idiot cops and getting a few wanted stars of his own. A well timed auto aimed rocket at a cop will also take out the player. All while you circle safely out of harms way. See, no need for player auto aim.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 30 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

First of all, I think the debate is a bit wrecked by we all using different aim modes.

I use free aim, so I don´t know what people talks about people on ground having auto lock on choppers. Guess what, you´re all using an aimbot of course they have. Giving the guy on the air an aimbot too doesn´t solve it, just switch to free aim and get rid of that crap, you´ll get a much better picture of the situation.

OK, so you´re in free aim now. If you´re on the ground, you´re smart, and have a minigun, you have the upper hand on a chopper. Sure it´s not as easy as pushing two buttons, but if you know what you´re doing Buzzards are no trouble getting rid of.

Tanks are a different matter. If you´re 1 on 1 against a tank, you´ll need to use a glitch (hitbox glitch), or trust in the tank driver being an idiot and getting mugged/steal it yourself by hiding your blip. Explosives are nearly useless. So you either use a stupid glitch, find a stupid tank driver, or you´re f*cked up.

That´s why Buzzard needs a lock-on feature (NOT auto aim) on tanks. Because right now, unless you use a lame glitch:

Tank > Pedestrian   and also      Tank > Buzzard

If some changes are made, it´s like this:

Tank > Pedestrian > Buzzard > Tank

That´s a much better scenario. Everyone has to be afraid of something else. There´s no clear dominator. Fights become way more fun and variated, and also not every lobby turns out just a tank fight. Game improves. And for those moaning, if you´re a tank whore, you still have a chance against a Buzzard: get your fat ass off the tank and you can trouble the Buzzard.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I almost exclusively fly a buzzard. The only time you will find me driving a car in open free roam is after I have been shot down, racing to get another buzzard, Not only do I think auto aim on players would be an unfair advantage, I will divulge my secret way of getting past this limitation. One of the cool things about the police being suck god damn idiots in this game is that they place road blocks to try and stop you in a helicopter. You can rack up a 5 star wanted level then circle your intended player target. As you orbit this poor bastard first he will have a hard time driving anywhere without pissing off the idiot cops and getting a few wanted stars of his own. A well timed auto aimed rocket at a cop will also take out the player. All while you circle safely out of harms way. See, no need for player auto aim.

I used to use that tactic too in iv to annoy people. 4 stars, fly over target, target shoots at you and is immediately surrounded by sh*tloads of police/swat, dead. The police were like my ground army in friendly fire off games particularly. Not quite the same in v since you get a very steady stream of police helicopters after your ass, which means you don't have much time for picking out shots like that, though it is an option on occasion I admit.

You shouldn't limit yourself to just buzzards imo, there's a lot more skills to learn in v than just that and a lot more ways to have fun too, but your choice. That kind of run to the choppers game is pretty cheap really and you'll be a less rounded player as a result. You might avoid being owned by good ground shooters, but being owned allows you to learn new tactics and skills. In short, you shouldn't be afraid of dying, that's a weakness long term.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

I used to use that tactic too in iv to annoy people. 4 stars, fly over target, target shoots at you and is immediately surrounded by sh*tloads of police/swat, dead. The police were like my ground army in friendly fire off games particularly. Not quite the same in v since you get a very steady stream of police helicopters after your ass, which means you don't have much time for picking out shots like that, though it is an option on occasion I admit.

You shouldn't limit yourself to just buzzards imo, there's a lot more skills to learn in v than just that and a lot more ways to have fun too, but your choice. That kind of run to the choppers game is pretty cheap really and you'll be a less rounded player as a result. You might avoid being owned by good ground shooters, but being owned allows you to learn new tactics and skills. In short, you shouldn't be afraid of dying, that's a weakness long term.

You make a good point. I do switch things up when I play with crew or friends. But when I'm solo I prefer to fly. It's not a fear of dying (who cares right?), it's more about being on the sh*t end of a crew of 3 or more player who only want to follow you around spawn killing.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

You make a good point. I do switch things up when I play with crew or friends. But when I'm solo I prefer to fly. It's not a fear of dying (who cares right?), it's more about being on the sh*t end of a crew of 3 or more player who only want to follow you around spawn killing.

True, in that case you're very justified.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

this is just in
research shows 30 people in this thread are idiots

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by johnwontscore, 30 November 2013 - 03:19 PM.

this is just in

Thanks for taking time off from sucking dick to tell us that.
  • vaas likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 30 November 2013 - 03:26 PM.

No one voting is an idiot here. The options are bad. Both. I wouldn´t want "auto aim" on other players from a Buzzard. And I don´t think the OP was talking about "auto aim" either.

If we talk about lock-on feature, which is what I think he was asking about, that´s a different matter. Still "yes" or "no" just aren´t enough to answer this one.

- A Buzzard locking on pedestrians is bullsh*t, both from a gameplay and from a technical POV.

- A Buzzard locking on cars isn´t bullsh*t from a technical POV, but it would be too easy for the Buzzard and bad for gameplay

- A Buzzard locking on large vehicles and tanks is perfectly believable from a technical POV, and it would boost gameplay balance.

• sportbikepilot369 and vaas like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

this is just in

Thanks for taking time off from sucking dick to tell us that.

you're welcome

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I personally think that there should be no locking system on the online with the buzzard, or at least an option to turn it off....

I made a video using annihilators, and they destroy buzzards so easily it is ridiculous. The main reason for this is that the missile lock actually hinders the attack buzzard at higher level game play.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SEeiFts77_g << there's the video showing how useless the auto aim missiles are

• FasterThanYou and biggsull like this

Jak N Blak
  • Jak N Blak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

The machine guns are absolutely useless. Lmao

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users