Quantcast

» «
Photo

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Poll: should buzzards have auto-aim on other players? (215 member(s) have cast votes)

should buzzards have auto-aim on other players?

1. Yes (47 votes [21.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.66%

2. No (170 votes [78.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.34%

Vote
Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

I terrorize people enough without it... I wouldn't want people to have to deal with me if I could lock on.

but can you blow up infernus going at full speed?

Sounds like a challenge, that buzzard is so maneuverable it's super easy to catch people. Ride their ass 2 feet from the bumper and send a rocket up that infernus tailpipe. ohhhh sweet satisfaction.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Kracus, 29 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I terrorize people enough without it... I wouldn't want people to have to deal with me if I could lock on.

I most certainly can. In fact your best bet if you're faced with me chasing you is to get out of your vehicle and hide and stand still. Fleeing in a vehicle is guarenteed death. The faster it is, the easier it'll be for me to hit you.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Not auto-aim.  Lock on with the missiles would be nice, but auto aim would be ridiculous and cause buzzard pilots to go screaming into walls as the damn chopper whipped around to put the reticle on targets.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I most certainly can. In fact your best bet if you're faced with me chasing you is to get out of your vehicle and hide and stand still. Fleeing in a vehicle is guarenteed death. The faster it is, the easier it'll be for me to hit you.

Maybe up north where there no cover.. But in the southern part ( the city ) fleeing choppers is pretty easier.  So many tunnels and other sneaker roofed areas which not only makes a buzzard useless but it also allows for the player in the car to shoot you right out of the chopper.

I mean even parking a garages are easy to use against buzzards.  It forces you to get close and aim into the garage., and when you get close you become and easy target for a bullet in the head.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

lol, after a few blocks I gotta slow down and wait for the buzzard kid to catch up just to keep the chase goin.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by biggsull, 29 November 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Dont fight a tank in a helicopter, simple enough... people who do that are retards.

Also, when attacking a tank in a jet.. dont fly in with a big straight approach so he can nail you easily... if you fail at killing a tank while in a jet, stop playing.

ALSO, polls statistics show youl never have lock on.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sounds like a challenge, that buzzard is so maneuverable it's super easy to catch people. Ride their ass 2 feet from the bumper and send a rocket up that infernus tailpipe. ohhhh sweet satisfaction.

What if he steps on the brakes.. Jumps out and mows you down with a mini gun as you flutter ahead and try to turn around? lol

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Maybe up north where there no cover.. But in the southern part ( the city ) fleeing choppers is pretty easier.  So many tunnels and other sneaker roofed areas which not only makes a buzzard useless but it also allows for the player in the car to shoot you right out of the chopper.

I mean even parking a garages are easy to use against buzzards.  It forces you to get close and aim into the garage., and when you get close you become and easy target for a bullet in the head.

I won't deny that it is easier up north but I'm still pretty successful in town. I had one guy a few days ago use the overpasses to get away from me, I hid from radar, waited for him to slow down and then flew right into the very tight area where he was hidden and got him by surprise.

As to those that claim a buzzard can't keep up with their car, that's horsesh*t, I've never been outrun while flying a buzzard. A Cargobob yes, but a buzzard nope. Besides, it's not the buzzard you're outrunning, it's the rockets.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by AzraelX, 29 November 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Right now tanks have the upper hand on choppers by a country mile which is nonsense.

Choppers should have range advantage and destroy them easily in the open. Tanks should have to trust in cover in the city to make the chopper come close and stand a chance.

Lol no, that's ridiculous.

Please explain to me how a tank can possibly destroy a helicopter unless you're shoving the propeller right up its ass.

Tanks have the advantage in armor and damage. Helicopters have the advantage in speed and maneuverability.

A tank can't chase a helicopter down, it's impossible for a tank to seek out and attack a helicopter.

Helicopters have the advantage over tanks by a country mile, since when and where they fight is 100% up to the helicopter.

Boats aren't good at fighting tanks, let's give them mech legs so they can traverse land, and an arsenal of nuclear weapons to demolish the tank! Except no, because boats serve their purpose already, just like helicopters do. Not everything in this game is designed to hunt down and destroy tanks, nor should it be. If you aren't good enough to use helicopters properly, then jump out and fight the tank on the ground.

I will agree that it'd be nice to turn off the lock-on for police, though. That isn't just annoying, but detrimental to its PvP capabilities.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I won't deny that it is easier up north but I'm still pretty successful in town. I had one guy a few days ago use the overpasses to get away from me, I hid from radar, waited for him to slow down and then flew right into the very tight area where he was hidden and got him by surprise.

As to those that claim a buzzard can't keep up with their car, that's horsesh*t, I've never been outrun while flying a buzzard. A Cargobob yes, but a buzzard nope. Besides, it's not the buzzard you're outrunning, it's the rockets.

Well, from what I've seen.  UP north favours buzzards since thats exactly the terrain you want when hunting down cars.  Just like a hawk hunting field mice.  Theres no cover.  Just wider open melee.

But in city,  the buzzard has less time to engage and plan out their shots while the car is bobbing through alleys, tunnels , under over passes and car garages. 

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well, from what I've seen.  UP north favours buzzards since thats exactly the terrain you want when hunting down cars.  Just like a hawk hunting field mice.  Theres no cover.  Just wider open melee.

But in city,  the buzzard has less time to engage and plan out their shots while the car is bobbing through alleys, tunnels , under over passes and car garages. 

so true,I killed a player with a 9,000 bounty in sandy shores from a great height.It just doesn't work like that in the city

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Rockets can't turn corners and go through buildings.

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by vaas, 29 November 2013 - 07:29 PM.

so how come I fire a rocket at a titan,he struggles to dodge it doing flips still gets hit,what do you make of that?

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Please explain to me how a tank can possibly destroy a helicopter unless you're shoving the propeller right up its ass.

I know it´s ridiculous, but it happens in this game, that´s why changes are needed. In a scenario where both players are trying to kill each other, and no one wants to escape, tank always wins between equally skilled players.

As a tank driver I´ve never been destroyed by a chopper, and they´ve tried hard. As a chopper pilot I have destroyed two misserable tanks and have been killed plenty of times, even in the open, when the chopper should totally dominate. Reasons:

- Tank needs one hit to make it. And aiming is mega easy: the projectile goes straight (no drop) and hits nearly instantly even if target is far. Also the reload time is non existant.

- On the other hand, chopper needs several hits, it´s not that easy aiming, and the missiles are slow and can be dodged by moving the tank. Also they have a reasonable reload time.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Dont fight a tank in a helicopter, simple enough... people who do that are retards.

What you say is retarded. If in the game a bycicle beats a supercar, the solution is to make changes in the game, not to stop using supercars.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

so how come I fire a rocket at a titan,he struggles to dodge it doing flips still gets hit,what do you make of that?

I was referring to my Infernus.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

And the Titan is hardly doing "corners."

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by AzraelX, 29 November 2013 - 07:55 PM.

I know it´s ridiculous, but it happens in this game, that´s why changes are needed. In a scenario where both players are trying to kill each other, and no one wants to escape, tank always wins between equally skilled players.

As a tank driver I´ve never been destroyed by a chopper, and they´ve tried hard. As a chopper pilot I have destroyed two misserable tanks and have been killed plenty of times, even in the open, when the chopper should totally dominate. Reasons:

- Tank needs one hit to make it. And aiming is mega easy: the projectile goes straight (no drop) and hits nearly instantly even if target is far. Also the reload time is non existant.

- On the other hand, chopper needs several hits, it´s not that easy aiming, and the missiles are slow and can be dodged by moving the tank. Also they have a reasonable reload time.

Of course a helicopter has more trouble destroying a tank, it should considering that 100% of "helicopter vs tank" fights are initiated by the helicopter.

Not sure why you'd think it's fair that a helicopter should be able to obliterate a tank when they're literally always the ones harassing the tank. It's clearly impossible for a tank to engage a helicopter that doesn't want to fight.

My PV is a Buzzard, I only play in public sessions, and I've never been destroyed by a tank. Why? Because I don't try landing my Buzzard on hostile tanks. Buzzards are not supposed to easily blow up tanks.

Rockstar is more likely to completely remove the weaponry from a Buzzard than they are to make it the best option for destroying tanks. They've already severely reduced the damage of Buzzard missiles compared to all other explosives, which is a pretty good hint regarding whether or not they want you one-shotting tanks with it.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

I've been killed by buzzards in this game I don't think lock on should apply to the characters it would be a nightmare trying to take a simple walk anywhere. BUT! I'm just glad that people can't spam rockets anymore!!! THANK GOD!!! A very welcome departure from GTAIV

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

No they just need to make lock on a manual mechanic, so the buzzard isn't constantly locking onto the police.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 29 November 2013 - 08:33 PM.

This is a f*cking horrible idea. What DOES need to happen is make it easier to scroll between targets, and the ability to toggle the rockets homing capabilities mid-flight. 

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm for locking to tanks. I had assumed it would. No to locking to player vehicles

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

um, yeah.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hell no.  I wouldn't mind it being able to lock on to Rhinos as long as it took a ton of rockets to kill one (like 10) and the lock-on range was the same as/close to the Rhino cannon's maximum range.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Of course a helicopter has more trouble destroying a tank, it should considering that 100% of "helicopter vs tank" fights are initiated by the helicopter.

Not sure why you'd think it's fair that a helicopter should be able to obliterate a tank when they're literally always the ones harassing the tank. It's clearly impossible for a tank to engage a helicopter that doesn't want to fight.

I´m not talking about fairness: Attack choppers have easily the upper hand on tanks. So game should reflect that.

Also, if you really want to talk about fairness and balance regarding gameplay, how about this:

- Current situation: tank is the superior killing machine. There´s not a single rival that can face it one on one, except another tank. 

- Situation after changes: pedestrian/driver < tank < chopper. BUT a chopper will be beaten by a pedestrian (mini gun). Rock, scissors, paper. Everyone has to be afraid of someone else, nothing dominates, there´s no a perfect all-rounder killing machine.

Now, there you have it: it reflects reality better, and it produces more balance gameplay.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

In their current state, attack Buzzards are really only effective with 2 people operating them.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by AzraelX, 29 November 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Also, if you really want to talk about fairness and balance regarding gameplay, how about this:

- Current situation: tank is the superior killing machine. There´s not a single rival that can face it one on one, except another tank. 

- Situation after changes: pedestrian/driver < tank < chopper. BUT a chopper will be beaten by a pedestrian (mini gun). Rock, scissors, paper. Everyone has to be afraid of someone else, nothing dominates, there´s no a perfect all-rounder killing machine.

I disagree with your initial premise: the tank is not a superior killing machine. It's horribly flawed to the point of uselessness.

Why? Because everything else in the game can avoid and outrun it, even pedestrians have passive mode. And pedestrians are more than equipped to destroy a tank, more so than anything else in the game.

There's literally only two ways for anything to get killed by a tank:

1) The tank driver used Off The Radar, worth one kill.

2) The "victim" allowed themselves to get killed by putting themselves in the tank's crosshairs.

Most tank kills are the latter example, where a player could avoid being killed by a tank but chooses not to.

A helicopter is not worse than the tank by any means. It's already a very clearly defined predator/prey relationship, where the helicopter is the predator and the tank is the prey. A tank cannot choose to fight a helicopter. It cannot attack a helicopter. It has no means to escape a helicopter and no means to chase a helicopter. It is only able to defend itself when the helicopter chooses to attack it.

If you're not talking about fairness, okay, then we're talking about two different things. But suggesting it would improve fairness somehow is flawed logic at best.

In their current state, attack Buzzards are really only effective with 2 people operating them.

This, as well. A passenger can aim the weaponry themselves.

SarahQOB
  • SarahQOB

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Tanks shooting down helicopters and planes seems stupid - there's no way a tank could actually do that, right?  The barrel couldn't possibly aim that high.  Tanks OP and suck IMO.  Plus every glitcher has one and it only costs 200 to deliver.  

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by AzraelX, 29 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Tanks shooting down helicopters and planes seems stupid - there's no way a tank could actually do that, right?

Lol? In real life, they make anti-helicopter rounds for tanks.

Planes, no, but you can't shoot down a plane flying at a normal elevation in this game either.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

I disagree with your initial premise: the tank is not a superior killing machine. It's horribly flawed to the point of uselessness.

1) This I quote is straight bullsh*t.

2) Passive is there to counter every weapon, it´s for people who ISN´T fighting, we´re talking about firefights and its balance here.

3) You selling the tank as a defensive item is laughable. It´s the perfect all-rounder killing machine to kill everything that wants to fight. We´re talking about fighting and balance of firefights, remember?

4) Pedestrians are equipped to destroy a tank... yes, after dying 20 times trying to use RPG, or using a infamous glitch.

Sorry, I thought it was a serious debate. Now you´ll stay there talking whatever bullsh*t you want, I´ll discuss people who make sense. Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users