Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar should add an option for a police free lobby.

23 replies to this topic
73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by 73duster, 29 November 2013 - 04:59 AM.

It's extremely annoying when police show up during a free roam deathmatch. You AUTOMATICALLY lock on police while trying to shoot other people, no matter how many times you try to lock on someone else.

I've been in some pretty fun free for all sessions where people are just going around killing each other, but the moment you get a wanted star the fun is all over. I get shot and killed because I can't lock on someone while there is a cop in the vicinity. There should be an option to remove police from an online session.

The police always end up being party poopers.

• jonkoroken420 likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

Or you could play free aim...

• TreFacTor likes this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 29 November 2013 - 06:00 AM.

What you can do to avoid locking to police is instead of pressing L2 or LT, press the fire button, R2/RT half way, this will bring up the aim reticle but without the aim assist. Yes the triggers are pressure sensitive.

This is like free aim in aim assist WHEN NEEDED, so please the idiot talking about free aim server stfu no one asked about how to join a fa server. Obviously you are illiterate and/or misunderstood the question.

And I agree with you op, cops are hella annoying when playing fr dm.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

With cops turned off you won't have to pay for an impounded car

Cockstar won't be giving an option to turn off cops. That would just allow too much "free" fun on a game that we've paid for.

• CoachDub25 likes this

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

If anything they should just make it where anything goes in free mode.  There shouldn't be any Bad Sports for destroying PVs.

ShinyBacon
  • ShinyBacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

PLEASE.

I would so fxcking love a police-free lobby. Seems like every fxcking time I die, my entity gets impounded. What the fxcking hell? SERIOUSLY? Stop taking my damn car, stupid ass bacon c*nts. I don't mind an occasional police chase, but it's just a damn nuisance and it takes away from the fun factor of free roam. Aren't we supposed to be, oh I don't know.... FREE? Not having to fxckin' worry about bitch ass bacon coming after us when we kill a player or some sh!t.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

Should be able to make the equivalent of a police-free lobby with the Content Creator eventually.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Obviously Rockstar added a FUN LIMIT on GTA.

And if someone finds a way to pass that Limit, They'll patch it out.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

They should tone down the one star. Cops help with not getting spawn camped so I don't mind them. Helped me out a few times

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

They should tone down the one star. Cops help with not getting spawn camped so I don't mind them. Helped me out a few times

Agreed on the one-star. If they'd simply try to pull you out of your car when you have a one-star level that'd be an improvement I'd appreciate.

Getting rid of them altogether... meh. I'm all about options so why not give people the option to join that kind of lobby if they like? I wouldn't be interested, but surely others would, so it wouldn't bother me at all. As it stands we don't have any Lobby options at all, really, which is kind of sad. 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

in DM mode, are there police?

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 29 November 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Obviously this is not about dm mode duh....wtf? Ppl are fking ignorant as hell, did you read the title?? Obviously not....

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Jokimoto, 29 November 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Obviously this is not about dm mode duh....wtf? Ppl are fking ignorant as hell, did you read the title?? Obviously not....

Hostile much?

*edit: you did mention "fr dm" above, which I can only assume means "freeroam deathmatch", so maybe it was just a tiny bit unjustified to flip out with "ppl are fking ignorant as hell", yeah?

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 29 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Hostile much?
Was it directed towards you? If not stfu and move on.

If you don't have anything useful to post either, stfu and move on. Fking ignorant as hell wtf?

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hostile much?

The prosecution rests, Your Honor. No further evidence.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hostile much?

Ugh, fking kids are annoying as hell

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Absolutely agree!!

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

In my opinion, whenever the police show up, all the fun goes out the window. I have YET to see a single time where they show up and make things more interesting.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Hostile much?

Ugh, fking kids are annoying as hell

more or less so than the virtual cops?

ah who cares, cops and kids annoy you more than just the cops so i'm happy.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

i agree. cops are WAY too aggressive on this game and 100% of the time they ruin any fun you're having at the time.

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

What you can do to avoid locking to police is instead of pressing L2 or LT, press the fire button, R2/RT half way, this will bring up the aim reticle but without the aim assist. Yes the triggers are pressure sensitive.

This is like free aim in aim assist WHEN NEEDED, so please the idiot talking about free aim server stfu no one asked about how to join a fa server. Obviously you are illiterate and/or misunderstood the question.

And I agree with you op, cops are hella annoying when playing fr dm.

Hahahha typical auto aimer u mad cant play without auto aim lol

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 30 November 2013 - 05:04 AM.

No, terrible idea, removing cops from free roam would be like giving this game a lobotomy. The cops are definitely way too aggressive and in desperate need of being toned down, but not toned down too much and most certainly not removed. Trying to have a fight with people in free roam shouldn't result in more deaths from the cops than other players, it may be realistic but it isn't fun. At the same time though I can hardly imagine how lame it would be to play without any cops, you might as well remove other people and cars altogether and just have players running around in an empty world... Cops are integral to this game, and suggesting they be removed is nonsense.

Also the player base is already far too divided as it is. Two separate systems, 3 aim types per system plus one bad sport lobby per aim type comes out to 12 distinct groupings of people at any one time playing this game who will never see each other. Adding even more lobbies for people who don't even care about playing the game and just want to ditch an integral part as if it were nothing? That's stupid.

If they were something that really needed it's own server, maybe they could justify adding it, but removing cops from GTA would make it empty and boring, and other lobbies would become emptier and more boring as well for the loss of players. I never played GTA IV online but I read it had an option for no cops, all I can say is that they've improved the game by removing this option and regressing to doing it that way would be a mistake.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

nobody suggested they be removed, the thread title is there should be an option for police free lobbies.

If you want to play with cops, then dont go to those lobbies.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

nobody suggested they be removed, the thread title is there should be an option for police free lobbies.
If you want to play with cops, then dont go to those lobbies.

Sometimes adding more features just makes something clunkier and less effective at doing what it was designed to do, extra lobbies without cops is entirely unnecessary and would hurt the game more than enhance it. Like I said the cops definitely need to be toned down, but definitely no option given for a lobby without them.

It's the same thing I say about racing in GTA, there shouldn't even be an option to turn off traffic in this game. Not because it's a useless feature, but because it does more harm than good. There are plenty of boring racing games with their boring and empty tracks, and GTA shouldn't be one of them. If people want a race without traffic they should go play another game, and if you want free roam without cops I would say the same thing. If the game were better at matchmaking and just better all around then maybe adding extra features would make it better, right now you'd just make it worse. As it is I can barely ever find a decent race (catchup off, traffic on, customs on), if there were any more partitions of the player base such problems will only get worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users