540 replies to this topic
cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Dumb question... what is a MC?

Motorcycle Club. The Lost is a GTA example of one.

Why would there be any conflicting interest between an MC and Racing crew?

We are not territorial or anything. We just race, whoop up on some NPC gangs, and throw down with LSPD.  

I myself love to race around on a motorcycle toting my sawed off shotty... :)

FhM Pestilence
  • FhM Pestilence

Sanguinary Sons MC "First 6"

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by FhM Pestilence, 16 December 2013 - 08:05 PM.

@ToBeContinued: I said there shouldnt be like "unless you make a Red Rum MC, we should be fine"

@CloudFuel: I too enjoy a good shotgun/chopper combo. I was actually deliberating on making a Deathmatch where people joust with shotguns on motorcycles. Never made it lol

• cloudfuel likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just finished my racing tournament.

I hope you guys enjoy it

http://rsg.ms/1bKWXxG

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

For those interested in the missions playlist, it won't actually let you add co-op missions to playlists. Just team missions. :(

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just got out of a 16 player race with stephendrifts and worthsclio.... Just us 3 in there from RRR and it was a total mess. I went from 5th to 11th in the first corner. Buried under a heap of cars!

VERY thankful for Red Rum Racing, and keeping it clean! 

Also... Cuz05 I tried to join all your races tonight but I kept getting disconnected. Maybe another night. :)

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

For those interested in the missions playlist, it won't actually let you add co-op missions to playlists. Just team missions. :(

There are a few co-op missions in the job list, like Coveted for example. Look for ones with max 4 players.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

There are a few co-op missions in the job list, like Coveted for example. Look for ones with max 4 players.

I've found that not to be the case when creating a playlist specifically for missions.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I've found that not to be the case when creating a playlist specifically for missions.

Oh I see. My bad.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yeah mate, properly ropey last night. Bobchilli got kicked off PSN after one race, Gills got kicked off during the next. I did another with Caleb and a couple others, then they left. Next one, you me, Gills and Peeroy ended up starting with just the 2 of them. We couldn't join each others session after that and gave up.
Almost enjoyed that mission but it was probably the most awkward one I've ever done. Funny how you can go shoot 1 guy, take a pic and lose the cops for 20k in some cases yet stealing Bob from Zancudo, losing 4* in it, shooting 10 guys, moving a shipping container and flying it across the city pays 15. Still, job done. Eventually.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yeah mate, properly ropey last night. Bobchilli got kicked off PSN after one race, Gills got kicked off during the next. I did another with Caleb and a couple others, then they left. Next one, you me, Gills and Peeroy ended up starting with just the 2 of them. We couldn't join each others session after that and gave up.
Almost enjoyed that mission but it was probably the most awkward one I've ever done. Funny how you can go shoot 1 guy, take a pic and lose the cops for 20k in some cases yet stealing Bob from Zancudo, losing 4* in it, shooting 10 guys, moving a shipping container and flying it across the city pays 15. Still, job done. Eventually.

I joined into the race, but then when it took me to the car selection screen I was on my own. So I quit out and found myself in session Caleb. 

That mission was nuts! Never doing it again! ha

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

kinda glad i took a night off last night, servers were a little sketchy on sunday but nothing as bad as what you guys seem to have had... sounds like there were a fair few people online as well.

Lazy - Ill be sure to check that out soon, really enjoyed your creations and the race track feel. have to be thinking quite far ahead as there's only a couple of places to make a clean pass on one or two sections of your races, which is kinda cool and a test of the gentlemans conduct

did anyone else notice the racing tips and tricks sticky, the orignal racing tips thread and the aggressive drivers thread were deleted from the GTAF??? not really sure what happened with them as they had hge amounts of views...

• lazy. likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Created another track with RRR in mind, kept it simple this time ! It's called "the Commute Home" and is basically The Commute in reverse :)

Also another for consideration would be "Water Sports" This is a Land Lap race around the Alamo Sea.

If they are considered I would be happy to add RRR into the titles somewhere :) so let me know if you have raced them and they are approved .

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

hey don, ill give them a test when i get a chance,

with the RRR in the title my only concern is that whenever you edit a track, even jsut description, you lose all the existing likes... good if you ahve alot of dislikes but not so good if its a well liked track (as you rest to 0)

we may have to think of a better way to list the "RRR Crew" tracks that meet the approval of all members to represent us as a crew, last thing id want to see is you losing alot of likes on a track, jsut to pop rrr in the title.... ill have to get my noodle thinking about that

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

hey don, ill give them a test when i get a chance,

with the RRR in the title my only concern is that whenever you edit a track, even jsut description, you lose all the existing likes... good if you ahve alot of dislikes but not so good if its a well liked track (as you rest to 0)

we may have to think of a better way to list the "RRR Crew" tracks that meet the approval of all members to represent us as a crew, last thing id want to see is you losing alot of likes on a track, jsut to pop rrr in the title.... ill have to get my noodle thinking about that

I understand the importance of likes and what not, but surely having a crew approved track is better than 10-20 likes to get the thing finished and approved by RRR. We could always just have in the description a small line saying designed and raced by Red Rum Racing and then a line about how good we all are or something? 

As some of you know I suffer with mild/severe OCD and having to put RRR in my Track Title would annoy me heaps. Which is why I haven't added it to the titles of the tracks that I have created even though they have been well received by the Red Rum Community.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Can I join? (PS3) send me a request please.
PSN - Jaco39a

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

Hey guys, race with some of you earlier and I've got to say you's should be proud, I was particularly impressed with the "Shake and bake" technique lol

Anyways I was posting in regards to the playlist we will use for the apex vs red rum racing tomorrow (it is tomorrow right?).
I believe we agreed on a playlist we used, plus vine wood rum
List would be

Hit the Apex (my track)
Dipping in
Route 68
Grand tour
Sandy shores GP (also mine)
Vinewood Rum (yours obviously)

I would strongly suggest getting some practice sessions today in my tracks so that you's are ready and won't be taken by surprise. They both have barriers placed on the apex's, and general anti corner cutting measures. Hit the Apex has some tight corners, and two that can catch you off guard so i suggest memorizing them.

Here are the links

Hit the Apex
http://socialclub.ro...4g?platformId=2

Sandy Shores GP
http://socialclub.ro...eg?platformId=2

Also, this would be a 16 player playlist provided Vinewood rum gets edited, so we could go 8 per side instead of 3... Is anyone keen for this?

I'm not too sure what time has been agreed but if one isn't set yet, may I suggest 23:00 utc

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Okay. Will def. learn the tracks. Now we have a little bit of confusion on the date. I have been talking to "serimos6" about the date and time and I was under the impression it was going to be Friday, December 20, 2013 at 6PM CST. 

Nothing until now has been mentioned about tomorrow. 

Let me tell you, you guys know how to run! Some damn good racing. Some of the best racing I have seen yet. I know me and a lot of the crew had a hell of a time tonight. Was a lot of fun. 

I will be editing Vinewood Rum shortly. Moving the first checkpoint over to the right more and adjusting the number of players.

First things first, we def. need to find a solid ground about date and time to do this.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by soggyinvert, 18 December 2013 - 05:39 AM.

Okay. Will def. learn the tracks. Now we have a little bit of confusion on the date. I have been talking to "serimos6" about the date and time and I was under the impression it was going to be Friday, December 20, 2013 at 6PM CST. 

Nothing until now has been mentioned about tomorrow. 

Let me tell you, you guys know how to run! Some damn good racing. Some of the best racing I have seen yet. I know me and a lot of the crew had a hell of a time tonight. Was a lot of fun. 

I will be editing Vinewood Rum shortly. Moving the first checkpoint over to the right more and adjusting the number of players.

First things first, we def. need to find a solid ground about date and time to do this.

Ah my bad, could have sworn one of you's said tomorrow when we were racing just earlier, I didn't actually know any time or date.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm sure this is the start of a great rivalry! :D

Ok cool, but I don't mean to try tell you how to make your own track or anything but I assume you meant to say left? As in closer to the apex, my only concern is when people are just at the start of their 2nd lap they might be on the left lane there and completely miss the checkpoint taking that first corner, that and as is I had to sort of stay on the right and take the corner extra wide to hit it (I was in left lane, not the ideal spot but necessary when trying to pass or when in a big pack), not too big a deal but I just believe it would smooth it out in regards to racing line.

Oh and yes, we will just stick to that date to avoid confusion
So would you be up for 8 v 8, I can start recruiting as soon as that's confirmed

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

What are your thoughts on creating a red rum vs apex rivalry thread? There's a number of things idlike to discuss such as
Events

Crew colours ( I guess yours is red like ours?, we,d happily change considering reds in your name lol), mainly for

Repping our colours at events, we could all go get paint jobs for our custom cars that we could don in events, saves some confusion on the grid and is just cool IMO, also handy for slipstream boosting, we could identify who we could boost easily without looking at names
There's more I'm sure but I can't think

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

What are your thoughts on creating a red rum vs apex rivalry thread? There's a number of things idlike to discuss such as
Events

Crew colours ( I guess yours is red like ours?, we,d happily change considering reds in your name lol), mainly for

Repping our colours at events, we could all go get paint jobs for our custom cars that we could don in events, saves some confusion on the grid and is just cool IMO, also handy for slipstream boosting, we could identify who we could boost easily without looking at names
There's more I'm sure but I can't think

I'm completely fine with that as long as the thread doesn't get locked. Seems to be a lot of that going on lately. Would be awesome. I'm trying my best to get names in for the challenge on the 20'th. Thus far, I only have myself and Tolly but I'm sure I can pick up more.

And I did mean left. Good correction lol...

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

Rivalry threads aren't needed mate, they'd just get locked. Trust me, I've been here a year and seen it all before. :)

Discuss these things in either this thread, or the rival's thread.
  • A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

Rivalry threads aren't needed mate, they'd just get locked. Trust me, I've been here a year and seen it all before. :)

Discuss these things in either this thread, or the rival's thread.

Yep the mods here like each group to only have a single topic each, especially in this section. 

You guys ever partial to TDMs or just racing? 

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

Yep, I think the way to judge whether your topic would get locked or not is "does anyone care?"

With this topic, everyone has an interest in it because they can pop in and organise some games, or just have a chat. Same with everyone else's crew topic.

With your "RRR UGC Creations" thread, that got locked because apart from you guys, nobody else has any interest in it.

And with this rivalry thread, again it would get locked because besides the parties involves, nobody else is bothered about it.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hmm yeah good points, oh well, we can just discuss on this thread and ours..

Did you mean apex in regards to the TDMs AJ? Yeah some of us don't mind the odd TDM, it's just a that's it too much effort to find a decent lobby. We're hardly pros when it comes to TDM tho lol :)

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yep, I think the way to judge whether your topic would get locked or not is "does anyone care?"

With this topic, everyone has an interest in it because they can pop in and organise some games, or just have a chat. Same with everyone else's crew topic.

With your "RRR UGC Creations" thread, that got locked because apart from you guys, nobody else has any interest in it.

And with this rivalry thread, again it would get locked because besides the parties involves, nobody else is bothered about it.

its a fair point and this area wouldn't be suitable for a Rivals thread... although i think it would be cool as a healthy rivalry is always good to push ourselves further as racers..., was a shame about the RRR UGC thread as the main UGC sticky had so much content it was difficult to constructively give feedback without it being lost among other threads.... with the "apart from you guys, no one else would have interest" it is a fair point, but on the flip side i do think there's enough RRR members (93 most of whom met here) to have a lively discussion and debate that may be of interest to those outside the crew... but its a moot point now...

Our concept with the UGC thread was that it would be specific for feedback on our content and anyone who keeps an eye on RRR might be interested to see what content we've created as a crew (for example i notice you check our threads quite a bit, even if you don't post on them all)

needless to say we now have a space to do this :)

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Well if it's RRR only, that can be done on your own forum if you have one. It's a public forum shared by everyone, so it wouldn't make sense for one crew to have all these threads and for all the other crews to have only one thread.

Again, the UGC stuff etc. can all be done in this thread, or on your own forum.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Just curious what's your crew colour? I thought it might be a cool idea if we were to rep our colours at these events. Might be awkward if we both show up in red lol

Just curious what's your crew colour? I thought it might be a cool idea if we were to rep our colours at these events. Might be awkward if we both show up in red lol

Also can someone confirm that playlist I cited earlier is what we're going with, so I can let my guys know what to expect

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

I like the idea of the each crew sporting their colours.

What type of vehicle are we running for the races?

I think the playlist is fine.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Ok sweet thanks

Well i would suggest sports?

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members