Red Rum Racing: Gentleman Guidelines
When you race with Red Rum, youre racing with a special class of people. We follow a certain code of racing, aka Gentlemen Rules. Now, these are not necessarily Rules to follow, for more of a guideline of how we race and like to handle things.
· If you over-correct or spin-out, check to make sure no other racers are going to be in the way of you backing up or otherwise moving forward. Nothing sucks more than coming around a turn only to collide with someone else.
· BE CAUTIOUS OF SLIPSTREAMS!!! I cant express this one enough. If you know a turn or corner is coming up, do what is needed to make sure you dont send the racer in front of you flying through the turn because you rear ended them.
o Slip Stream Tips: If you are in a slip stream and a turn is coming up, you can get off of the throttle and actually use their slip stream to pull you through a turn. If done properly, it will set you up with one hell of a pass once you lay back into the throttle.
· We understand that accidents happen. Bumps and nudges are inevitable when it comes to racing. What separates us from the bumper cars is the fact that we make every attempt to keep said accidents from happening as well as not intentionally wrecking someone.
· Do what you can to anticipate a players move. Try to keep passing from passing until you are in a straight section. Corner passing can lead to both people being thrown out of position with no positive gain. If you feel comfortable to make a pass in a turn or corner, do so respectfully. Should an accident happen, do what is expected to correct the accident.
· Just because someone is not familiar with racing, does not mean that we can Show them whos boss. We take pride in showing new racers the way of the road. Always be respectful, regardless of level or experience.
· We have two types of Risk Factors. Justifiable Risk and Unjustifiable Risk.
o Justified Risk: Taking a risk that will not affect any other players but is a risk to you. For example, taking a corner at an above average speed to either gain track time or speed on the player in front you. This is the name of the game.
o Unjustified Risk: Taking a risk that will not only affect you, but will affect others. For example, taking a corner too fast while surrounded by others and causing an accident. You can judge when you are taking a corner too fast. In this case, use your very best judgement.
· When racing with randoms, it is safe to assume that they know nothing about how we race. This in turn, can become a very ugly and aggressive match. However, this in, no way shape or form, means that aggressive driver is allowed by a Red Rum Member. Use a strategy to keep aggressive randoms in their place. Nothing pissed them off more than over-coming their pit maneuvers for your own gain. Personally, I will sometimes take the back road just to give it some time for the racers to spread apart. Now it becomes a simple overtake game.
· Brake Lights: The laws of the roads can be applied to this one. When you see brake lights, either slow down or move over. Now, some racers, such as myself, will often let off the gas earlier and not touch the brake at all. This is a strategy that I use so I can only expect to be hit. However, I do any/ everything I can to know when people are behind me and stay out of their line of racing.
- When participating in a Crew Only Session Free Roam, do not treat it as just your average free roam. We do not randomly kill nor do we kill crew members. Their has been discussion about Bounties on other players head. DO NOT KILL THEM UNLESS THEY GIVE THE GO AHEAD! Such actions will have you kicked very quickly.
As said above, these are not so much rules as they are guidelines to how Red Rum Members are expected to race and behave. We are not baby sitters and we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behavior. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Red Rum Certified Tracks
Down For Browntown- EyeMacHunt- Lap race through the city. Long straights, tight turns and intricate sections. Skill required.
Beach Trip- Katrina90X- Route from beach to beach.
Escape The Base- ash.lewis- Drive to freedom.
Gold Digger- EyeMacHunt- Keep your eyes peeled for your future sugar mamma/daddy in this race around the affluent areas of LS
Vinewood Rum- ToBContinued08- Race through Vinewood with turns that will test your skills. Let's just hope you took it easy on the rum.
Choke Points- NittyDon- City lights and tight alleyways, maintain your speed in this lap race for 16 players, will you take the gentleman's approach to tight situations or will you wipe out your enemies?
Limit Breaker- Freedom2Fight- Long straightaways, oncoming traffic, tight turns and off-road sections - test the limits of your driving skills and your car of choice.
This Could Get Messy- NittyDon- Ultimate off-road test ... problem is can 16 players complete the track and remain alive? Life Jacket recommended.
Criminal RRRecords- mo-seph- Escape the penitentiary RedRum style. On-Road, Off-Road, Anything to shake the cops. Finish up at McKenzie Airfield to fly to freedom.
Detour Through Los Santos- mo-seph- If your stay in Los Santos is short then a quick drive along the bend might make up for lost time. The detour is free of distractions allowing for cars and motorbikes.
Dam Road- peeroy- To The Dam; Dirty Race
Back Entrance- EyeMacHunt- Grand Prix style circuit through Los Santos city.
Runway Drifters- worthsclio- Take a sideways view of LS Airport.
Car Park Wars- ashleyman- Twist, Turn & Drift your way through Los Santos International and The Bank Arena. Pick up some speed down the freeways and watch out for stray deliveries.
MORE COMING SOON!