Photo

Franklin's mystery dog

34 replies to this topic
Balroae
  • Balroae

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I've been wondering about that dog that appears in two missions and guides Franklin to people that need help.

With Franklin talking to it, I've heard theories it is a spirit or part of his consciousness. But I'm wondering if there is more to it than that.

The thing is, I think I came across this dog again outside of the missions. It was a beach area, there was nobody around, and the dog ran up to me and started barking. Then, it went into the sit position and just sat there for ages. I thought this was unusual since unlike with Michael or Trevor, dogs tend to attack Franklin. But this one looked the same as the mystery dog, and did not. It just sat there for ages, until I shot a guy on a jet ski a few minutes later, and then it ran away.

I haven't heard of anybody seeing the dog outside of missions, so just thought I would throw this out there...

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Why do you think its the same dog? There are plenty of dalmations or whatever it is of the colour. There is one in the intro sequence. Your not suggesting that is he same dog aswell. Barking and sitting seem pretty normal for a dog to me. Did it say anything?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

That dog was so out of place. To me, it undermined GTA as does the Ghost in mount Gordo. That, imo, is not GTA. It's Saints Row. Talking dogs, aliens, ghosts and zombies - that's Saints Row.

GTA seems to have reverted, slightly, to the wacky SA style, and personally, I praised the more serious direction that IV took.

A talking dog? Give us some credit, rockstar.

• matajuegos01 likes this

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

I didn't see any "talking dog." I saw a barking dog that Franklin imagined he was having a conversation with.

Franklin saw a guy falling from the sky but perhaps due to recent upheavals in his life; losing Tonisha, the escalation of his criminal activities into higher stakes territory, and possibly a touch of sunstroke, Franklin didn't realize he'd seen Dom land in a tree but his subconscious mind led him there by conjuring up imagery from "Lassie" films.
  • GTA_dog and miroman like this

JamesTKirk
  • JamesTKirk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

The dog is pretty much the stupidest thing in the game IMO.

First of all, I don't have a cell phone, but if my understanding is correct, you need to install some application and run it on your cell phone to train the dog and make it do some tricks or something?

If you're 12 or 13, then maybe that's a cool thing.  I dunno.  I'm an old man who never lost my love for video gaming (I was there at the very beginning of it all, the Atari console).  And I'm not a "pet person" so I guess I'm biased... but that's just the dumbest thing I ever saw in a video game.

• kvic and Ixnay like this

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

First of all, I don't have a cell phone, but if my understanding is correct, you need to install some application and run it on your cell phone to train the dog and make it do some tricks or something?

That's correct, but you've got the wrong dog. You're referring to "Chop" but this discussion is about a different dog. The hallucinatory dog from the Dom missions.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

I was about to say i stand corrected but judging from that second post, i'm guessing you're one of these guys that acts hard on the internet to compensate for a lack of physical stature.

Ok, so there's no talking dog. To combat the pedantic comment, okay the dog doesn't speak, but franklin thinks it does, and has a conversation with it. That's MUCH less nonsensical. Sorry, by getting my words mixed up, i realized that my statement is invalid, because a seemingly same individual talking to and getting a reply from a dog, is perfectly normal.

if it was Trevor at least, then i could buy it.

And yes, chop is almost as stupid. I swear Rockstar turfed out half of their staff and replaced them with monkeys.

BTW, do you work for rockstar?

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 29 November 2013 - 08:29 PM.

JamesTKirk, on 29 Nov 2013 - 6:13 PM, said:JamesTKirk, on 29 Nov 2013 - 6:13 PM, said:

If you're 12 or 13, then maybe that's a cool thing.  I dunno.  I'm an old man who never lost my love for video gaming (I was there at the very beginning of it all, the Atari console).  And I'm not a "pet person" so I guess I'm biased... but that's just the dumbest thing I ever saw in a video game.

I love when people post random posts and have no idea what the topic is about, just sums up this wonderful forum full of great and intelligent people .

@Mokrie Dela What is your problem dude, it seems that every time someone tries to bring down your arguments you bring the i am smarter than you an you should shut up bullsh*t. Also its funny how you sh*t on Rockstars writing yet your stories are not that great either, in fact i think they stink imo.

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I was about to say i stand corrected but judging from that second post, i'm guessing you're one of these guys that acts hard on the internet to compensate for a lack of physical stature.

Ok, so there's no talking dog. To combat the pedantic comment, okay the dog doesn't speak, but franklin thinks it does, and has a conversation with it. That's MUCH less nonsensical. Sorry, by getting my words mixed up, i realized that my statement is invalid, because a seemingly same individual talking to and getting a reply from a dog, is perfectly normal.

if it was Trevor at least, then i could buy it.

And yes, chop is almost as stupid. I swear Rockstar turfed out half of their staff and replaced them with monkeys.

BTW, do you work for rockstar?

Well, this a relief.

For awhile there, I thought you might overreact to someone disagreeing with you.
  • Tacymist likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

saw this dog on my way to mary ann's side near paleto bay quest while playing w franklin. it looks exactly like the dog from dom's missions! but later, when racing mary ann, someone run past frank and ask HAVE YOU SEEN A DOG? f than says HE.. WENT.. TO THE BEACH... I THINK.
maybe its just another easter egg.

loved the dog's scenes, it was unnexpected!

anyways, i prefer the more realistic way of gta iv. more drama, more serious plot.. more mature in so many ways.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

GSF on the Vinewood Sign

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Franklin is the Dog Whisperer. He talks to and seems to be able to understand Chop too. I think he's just supposed to be really good with dogs.  

• lol232 likes this

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by Gameralfa095, 03 January 2014 - 02:04 AM.

I  was expecting some explanation later in the game but theres not maybe you have to find clues like in the triple 8 assasin mystery

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:16 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 03 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

I've been wondering about that dog that appears in two missions and guides Franklin to people that need help.

With Franklin talking to it, I've heard theories it is a spirit or part of his consciousness. But I'm wondering if there is more to it than that.
The thing is, I think I came across this dog again outside of the missions. It was a beach area, there was nobody around, and the dog ran up to me and started barking. Then, it went into the sit position and just sat there for ages. I thought this was unusual since unlike with Michael or Trevor, dogs tend to attack Franklin. But this one looked the same as the mystery dog, and did not. It just sat there for ages, until I shot a guy on a jet ski a few minutes later, and then it ran away.

I haven't heard of anybody seeing the dog outside of missions, so just thought I would throw this out there...

Check out the park a little down the way from Franklin's Vinewood place. There's always a dog or two in lieu of children there.

saw this dog on my way to mary ann's side near paleto bay quest while playing w franklin. it looks exactly like the dog from dom's missions! but later, when racing mary ann, someone run past frank and ask HAVE YOU SEEN A DOG? f than says HE.. WENT.. TO THE BEACH... I THINK.
anyways, i prefer the more realistic way of gta iv. more drama, more serious plot.. more mature in so many ways.

That's a random encounter. That can happen anywhere, along any beach, in San Andreas.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

That dog was so out of place. To me, it undermined GTA as does the Ghost in mount Gordo. That, imo, is not GTA. It's Saints Row. Talking dogs, aliens, ghosts and zombies - that's Saints Row.

GTA seems to have reverted, slightly, to the wacky SA style, and personally, I praised the more serious direction that IV took.

Aliens were only hallucinations (Grass Roots mission), there were no f*cking zombies, and the ghost was just a 2D texture easter egg.

The talking dog was Frank's hallucination, Dom himself asks "what dog?", pretty much everyone hallucinates in GTA V.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

It may sound like a weird theory, but remember the guy (or more so the supernatural being) from the "I Know You" stranger arc in Red Dead Redemption? Maybe it's the same (or a similar) entity that can take many forms?
  • daliakiller likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Check out the park a little down the way from Franklin's Vinewood place. There's always a dog or two in lieu of children there.

That's a random encounter. That can happen anywhere, along any beach, in San Andreas.

Sorry bro, but i am pretty sure that was during a mary ann mission.. i havent seen it anywere else so far.. good thing to know this can happen any time all ova San Andreas.

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

@Mokrie Dela What is your problem dude, it seems that every time someone tries to bring down your arguments you bring the i am smarter than you an you should shut up bullsh*t. Also its funny how you sh*t on Rockstars writing yet your stories are not that great either, in fact i think they stink imo.

Headshot!

Tavi "The Snipah" Colen

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

The dog looked like the dog in photos inside Michael's home. A few photos framed you will see it by using your phone camera inside to see.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Exactly if your 12 or 13 maybe it appeals to you,but for me they can take out the dog's and give me a nice car chase. I bought this game in November and it's 2 months later it's back in it's case and I've gone back to IV really sad.

• Syphiroth likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by daliakiller, 06 January 2014 - 08:19 PM.

sure this game is great, no doubt about it. but it will never come close to story telling, drama and emotional aspects of Grand Theft Auto IV. played and replayed lots of times, never got old. best GTA game in my opinion.

• Ixnay likes this

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

I'm back to Red Dead Redemption.. Likewise the games gone back in its case. I got it out last night got Franklin dressed up and halfway to Sandy Shores I pulled over, auto saved and turned off... Didn't even know wtf I going to sandy shores for? ...
  • Ixnay and daliakiller like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I'm back to Red Dead Redemption...

Same here. Starting the story all over, sucks to play as Jack.

• Syphiroth likes this

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'm back to Red Dead Redemption...

Same here. Starting the story all over, sucks to play as Jack.

I usually just kill Dutch and never return home. Stay riding around as John and get high bounties by wearing the bandana so I don't get that villain sh*tty slow horse haha. Love it, poker if I lose just place the bandanna on and kill everyone in town... Too far? .

2muchtime
  • 2muchtime

VP of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Okay - Bye then! Go and change topics on an RDR forum.

• daliakiller likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by daliakiller, 08 January 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Never really get a negative honor or negative fame.. that bandana saved me all the times! usually just take it off when starting some mission, or some random event. outside of it, bandana and guns blazing all ova the southern border!

killed everyone for no reason, just for the mayhem. love to cheat a poker just to kill everyone on the table after they caught me cheating. sh*t... this game is EPIC!

EDIT

@up. i keep playing gta friend. just sharing some thoughts with other RDR fans around here. i cant see no reason for your reaction.

• Syphiroth likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

It appeared in two missions? I only rememeber the parachute guy.

I always thought it was Franklin's consciousness telling him to do some good or the parachute guy's guardian angel.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I think it's just an easter egg because of the correlation between Lassie and the talking dog in game, i think you guys are reading too much into it to be honest as i believe it was rockstars intention to have a 'fun' introduction to meeting Dom.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by daliakiller, 09 January 2014 - 01:02 AM.

It appeared in two missions? I only rememeber the parachute guy.

I always thought it was Franklin's consciousness telling him to do some good or the parachute guy's guardian angel.

He also appears in a later Dom mission (the "Parachute Guy")

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

It was Fake and Gay !

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

the "wacky" style keeps me entertained. IV's story was boring to me, rarely fun. 

The talking dog was dumb though, but at the same time, it didn't talk, it barked. So, Franklin understanding it is what was ridiculous. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users