Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

the word slander is slightly similar to salamander

salamander-picture.jpg

• Otter, ChopTheDog., Joe Chip and 2 others like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 November 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Given the responses so far in this thread, I think a fair few people harbour similar sentiments towards the V forum as the "pompous, arrogant" members you deride. Funny that.

Given the number of likes I've received for my OP, I think a fair few share and agree with my resentment harboured towards those few who just want to group everyone who posts in the V forum together.

Also, most of the responses here, while justifiably label the section a troll and spam fest, can at least still acknowledge there's still good posters and discussion to be had. Once again, my complaint isn't aimed at them.

There's nothing wrong with bashing the V forum, the place is pretty f*cking awful. What's wrong, is if people bash literally anyone that goes in there and tar everyone with the same brush. Honestly though, I haven't seen anyone doing that 2nd thing. 

Can you even provide any examples of this?

I wasn't going to name-drop anyone out of respect, but since you (and a few others) have asked, I'll provide one example.

Sivispacem: *while getting into an argument with the member 'Wesinator' in Vehicle Chat*

Allow me to explain. You hang around the V forum. The V forum is full of sh*t. It isn't a decent baseline with which to compare the rest of the forum. Your contribution wouldn't pass muster anywhere else in General Chat and it doesn't here.

Second post from the bottom - http://gtaforums.com...r-here/page-210

No matter how you spin it, he's essentially saying that because anyone happens to post in the V forum, that should automatically de-value their contributions elsewhere on these boards. This is exactly the generalisation I'm speaking of, and it just completely demeans those who put in some good work into trying to keep the V section interesting - and there's plenty of decent guys over there.

@The General

Like a few others in this thread, you don't seem to be understanding what my gripe is here. Of course the V forum is for the most part a bit of a sh*t-hole thanks to the kids and spammers - I'll be one of the first to acknowledge this, and it more than annoys the f*ck out of me too. But why group good members in with the trolls? Like I said earlier, it just demeans the good work that goes into alot of the posts.

I've no doubt the IV forum, the SA forum etc were just as bad during their respective releases, but let me ask you this; were there still good input and contributions from a select group? Were they also tarred with same "that GTA forum is nothing but a play-pen etc" brush by pompous "I'm above any GTA discussion on a GTA forum" types?

• Linc. likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by StingrayX, 29 November 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Like it or not, the V forum is filled with people who do almost nothing but complain about ridiculous nonsense.

"Beach Bum DLC is so disappointing. f*ck you, Cockstar!"

"Still no heists? OMFG, Cockstar!"

"We need more interiors so we can go inside and look at stuff and do absolutely nothing else with them!"

Seriously, the whole reason I returned to this forum was to talk GTA V, but I quickly realized that it's pointless in the V forum. Intelligent discussions do not exist in that forum.

Its mainly a hell hole because people don't know how to discuss their opinions in a civil manner. If I tried to type up a 10 paragraph explanation as to why I think V was very underwhelming, I'd get replies like "tl;dr" or "nobody gives a f*ck" or "bitchers everywhere" or I'd get a bunch of butthurt fanboys on my ass explaining why they're right and I'm wrong. It is the sh*ttiest place to have an opinion. They treat opinions so badly like you just killed somebody.

Some of us did want more interiors, some of us do want believable driving physics instead of physics that give you a helping hand, some of us do want Online features in SP. Et cetera. Its a god damn game that made over a billion bucks, what the hell do you expect? There will be a group of people disappointed.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by Xerukal, 29 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

I registered because of the V forum and I'm not a complete and total mindless gobsh*te. 

Sure, I've been observing the forum and topics relevant to my interests since 2008-ish, but I've never bothered to contribute until just two months ago. I frequent the PC version discussion thread and participate in a few games in the Off Topic section, as well as provide my two cents on some new threads, occasionally. 

It is truly unfortunate what happens with fan forums/sites in general at every new game release, yeah. People unaware of this site's purpose (In that, that it's an overall GTA fan site. Not an official Rockstar forum) come here and spew their uneducated sh*t all over the "GTA *number*" section. I think we all know it'll continue happening, with GTA VI, GTA VII (Depending on the site's lifespan, of course) etc...

Unless Rockstar decides to open up their own forums, in which case It'll end up being even more of an overwhelming cancerous f*ckfest. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

@StingrayX

You must be fairly unlucky with your timing, as I've made quite a few threads with lengthy opening posts, and I received plenty of thought out and civil replies. I'm not denying that the majority of that place is full of annoying brats who have been a disease to the board, but there's more than plenty of good threads if you can be bothered to look.

This one being a fine example I was looking at earlier:

http://gtaforums.com...hers-snapmatic/

Some great work going into these pictures there, and it's bloody frustrating to see it still fall under the "kiddies farm forum"...and so on.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

*Worth noting: Gen Chat is currently being spammed by the return of 'TrevorFuqsAshleyInTheAss'.

This section isn't exactly immune to trolls.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Actually, that's not what I was saying. You've just chosen to interpret it as meaning that for whatever reason. The V forum suffers from a disproportionate amount of sh*t, agreed? It clearly also does not represent a baseline on the forum for what is considered reasonable behaviour, given that members who would be banned elsewhere are left alone as long as they don't stumble out of the sandbox and continue behaving that way.

Now, exactly what part of any of that could be reasonably construed as "everything and everyone in the V section is pointless, nuke the lot from orbit"? To a rational person, none of it. But it's cute how you've taken to following me around the forum pointing out apparent "injustices" I've perpetrated. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 November 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Taken to following you around the forum? Well you certainly think highly of yourself. I happened to stumble upon that thread while randomly browsing the forums, and couldn't help noticing you once again needlessly having to slander the V forum; despite it having nothing to do with the topic of your mud slinging match.

Talking of which; don't you think you owed that guy an apology, after basically accusing him of lying, when he provided the proof you kept badgering him for?

Anyway, that's a different story. Back to the matter at hand...

Allow me to explain. You hang around the V forum. The V forum is full of sh*t. It isn't a decent baseline with which to compare the rest of the forum. Your contribution wouldn't pass muster anywhere else in General Chat and it doesn't here.

Please tell us, how exactly should this be interpreted, because from what I can see, you brought up his involvment in the V section somehow having a part to play in whether or not his contribution would "pass muster" elsewhere in these forums.

• Linc. likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I hope you guys wont hold this against me or find this distasteful, but this is the only time in my entire life on the internet that I've wanted to post a popcorn meme.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Perhaps it should be taken, y'know, in it's actual context? Which was discussing a totally f*cking pointless and completely off-topic contribution he'd made, in the style of many that people have already highlighted in relation to the V forum. His contribution wouldn't have passed muster anywhere else in the forum, and it didn't in Vehicle Chat. I've already been pretty clear about my intentions, so why don't you explain to us all why you've interpreted it in the way you have? I mean, I've contributed in the V forum, so wouldn't it be a little bit contradictory if I genuinely did think that that everything that takes place there is utter sh*te? Especially seen as I clearly think so highly of myself...

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:09 PM Edited by theadmiral, 29 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Perhaps it should be taken, y'know, in it's actual context? Which was discussing a totally f*cking pointless and completely off-topic contribution he'd made, in the style of many that people have already highlighted in relation to the V forum. His contribution wouldn't have passed muster anywhere else in the forum, and it didn't in Vehicle Chat. I've already been pretty clear about my intentions, so why don't you explain to us all why you've interpreted it in the way you have? I mean, I've contributed in the V forum, so wouldn't it be a little bit contradictory if I genuinely did think that that everything that takes place there is utter sh*te? Especially seen as I clearly think so highly of myself...

Isn't it your line about the only thing more pathetic than whining on the internet is whining about whining on the internet? Don't want to start a whole thing here, just observing.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 November 2013 - 11:14 PM.

@sivis

Well yes, trying to claim I follow you around the forum, does lead me to believe you think quite highly of yourself.

I must say, I do admire your devotion in trying to spin your way out of being caught red handed. One would come to the conclusion that this is an exercise you've had plenty of practise in.

Anyway, perhaps I should just leave it at that, as we all know what happens to members who get too far on your bad side.

• Linc. likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by sivispacem, 29 November 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Well yes, trying to claim I follow you around the forum, does lead me to believe you think quite highly of yourself.

I think it's quite a reasonable assumption given your apparent obsession with the absurd idea that I get undue preferential treatment around here, or the even more ridiculous that anyone who disagrees with me gets banned for it. You've brought it up in at least three topics in the last couple of weeks alone

I must say, I do admire your devotion in trying to spin your way out of being caught red handed. One would come to the conclusion that this is an exercise you've had plenty of practise in.

May I point out that I'm somewhat disappointed in your eagerness to give up your "I interpreted your statements, probably due to misreading them, as this, so that's what they must actually mean" line of questioning. I was at least hoping for a bit of a back-and-forth with you about it.

Anyway, perhaps I should just leave it at that, as we all know what happens to members who get too far on your bad side.

Make that at least four topics.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

I admit that I was a jackass in the V section when i first signed up way back in May 2012. I even made a retarded troll account that lasted for about an hour and got banned. :devil: Well coming back a week or two after that incident, I've become a much better contributor over there. I hate it when people write everyone in that section off as prepubescent imbeciles, but I can sometimes understand their view.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 30 November 2013 - 01:25 AM.

I think it's quite a reasonable assumption given your apparent obsession with the absurd idea that I get undue preferential treatment around here, or the even more ridiculous that anyone who disagrees with me gets banned for it. You've brought it up in at least three topics in the last couple of weeks alone

Obsession? No sir, just an observation of which I thought needed addressing. And I believe I only brought it up after your uncalled for, profanity-riddled childish rant at lil weasal. But whatever proportion you decide to blow it out of to maintain that feeling of self-importance.

I was at least hoping for a bit of a back-and-forth with you about it.

Of course you were. It's one of the few pleasures that provides a sense of purpose and relevance for you on these forums.

Make that at least four topics.

Care to present me these "four topics" thanks.

Edit: You know what sivis? If you claim the quoted comment was not in the context it looked to me, then I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. But you can't blame a guy for interpreting it the way it looked. Perhaps if it was worded a little different, it might not have appeared to look like such hostile resentment, or a feeling of superiority towards the V forum and all of its contributors.

But like I said, if you claim that not to be the case, then I'll accept that and move on.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

It is like The Scottish Guy has reincarnated into Niko.

• Ermac., Andreas and Sting4S like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 30 November 2013 - 01:25 AM.

It is like The Scottish Guy has reincarnated into Niko.

Well technically, I am a Scottish guy. There are more of us here other than "Big Jock" and "Wee Tam" y'know.  :evilgrin:

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

@The General

I've no doubt the IV forum, the SA forum etc were just as bad during their respective releases, but let me ask you this; were there still good input and contributions from a select group? Were they also tarred with same "that GTA forum is nothing but a play-pen etc" brush by pompous "I'm above any GTA discussion on a GTA forum" types?

I know for a fact that it did happen with the IV forums before and after IV came out. I wasn't around the forums when SA came out, but chances are it was still pretty bad. Remember you are talking about a game that people are still stupid over it.

But you are also missing a tiny little fact. Most people that are what you think are the "I'm above any GTA discussion on a GTA forum" type, still talk about GTA. Just not with the public masses, we have our own private areas to talk about it. Mind you I'm only talking about people in the OGA or Staff. If they are in the members group, then yeah they are kinda silly.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by sivispacem, 30 November 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Care to present me these "four topics" thanks.

Well, this topic for one, Have a Question V2 and Quotable Notables @ GTAF. I thought you might have responded in kind in the initial thread but it appears not. So three topics there, but from my quick search back through the archives you've brought it up a couple of times in HaQv2, once in relation to the banning of The Scottish Guy and once in relation to the aforementioned rant. So mentioned at least four times, across at least three topics.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Actually, that's not what I was saying. You've just chosen to interpret it as meaning that for whatever reason. The V forum suffers from a disproportionate amount of sh*t, agreed? It clearly also does not represent a baseline on the forum for what is considered reasonable behavior, given that members who would be banned elsewhere are left alone as long as they don't stumble out of the sandbox and continue behaving that way.

Holding the V section up to different standards than you would the rest of the forum is what makes some people think "Oh, probably don't want to visit that place..." Whether you do or not is an individual problem, but like you said, things pass in there that would surely be dealt with in any other section (and that's not entirely the mods' fault, it's a consequence of being so large and having so many new members.)

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

I've read a selected few replies but there's no need to join in on this argument.

Anywho, OP, I'm sure at least 50% (we all know it's more) of the members who are active in there GTA V section are disliked because of their childish attitudes and moronic posts. There's only a handful of people who are active there that properly contribute. The section used to be okay and had some decent topics (For The Love of $$$ for example) however the section seems to be full of "f*ck Rockstar, if you defend them you're a fanboy" and "this game sucks, I'm sticking with COD" type posts. The same goes for the GTA Online section.

The same happened with the GTA IV section. The morons eventually got bored and most of them pissed off, as will these idiots we're all talking about here. The same will happen with the next GTA in the series.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

sorry for the bumb.

better not to talk about this pinky bert :sui:

whatever what I say, this dude flip the ENTIRE POST against me and/or change it to his own in a COMPLETELY funny/stupid way :turn:

also, he just keep repeating himself. I know, its a GTA forums. I know, you have a right(s) to post as long as its not against the rules, but SERIOUSLY! :angry:

he keep saying that this game is completely broken (which I had no problem since I keep hearing this 24/7) BUT saying that "we have only 15% of the game here"? :facedesk: he keep saying that he's good at games (how its made and etc) but I want to know that. I asked him if there's anything broken in two games. guess what? NO ANSWER! I re-asked him. again; NO ANSWER. I just gave the damn answer(s) AND THE MINORITY! :facedesk: aaaaand he still copy-paste all his posts

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by epoxi, 23 December 2013 - 06:28 PM.

In a fight the San Andreas forum would rip the V forum to pieces.

CJ 4 LYFE

I talk about GTAV in General chat, the OGA forum, the gym, at work, with my neighbours and even at the supermarket checkout...but not in the GTAV forum.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

sorry for the bumb.

...And that's the end of this thread.

• Raavi and ten-a-penny like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users