Photo

tank sniping

14 replies to this topic
A-Rod
  • A-Rod

#wwrd

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I still can't figure this out.. I don't have the advanced rifle so maybe that's the problem, but I've read the left rear vent is a weak spot? How weak? Like grow a grenade at it weak, snipe it with the regular rifle 500 times weak? What's the story here? At this point my only defense against a jackass is to go passive and wait for them to blow themselves up trying to shoot me then spawn killing them till they leave. Any help? Maybe I need a detailed diagram =)

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well, put it this way, every time i shoot at it with a heavy sniper rifle, i get bored after firing 10 shots at the vent, and leave it alone.

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

They nerfed it after 1.06

These f*ckers at Cockstar....

Not true, I was sniped in a tank yesterday. It was by a group of people, and about 5000 bullets missed. I guess one got lucky.

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I sniped someone on the right side of the tank a couple of days ago. Was a fluke. 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Still works, I sniped at least 5 times some tank griefers. I just aim just below where the hatch is, at distance, from a tall building.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Dasrouse, 28 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I manage to snipe a tank like 3 days ago. I did not use the Heavy Sniper rifle either. If you aim just underneath the turret from the tanks right side near the hatch. At least, that is what worked for me.

swagbro
  • swagbro

$

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Not true, I was sniped in a tank yesterday. It was by a group of people, and about 5000 bullets missed. I guess one got lucky.

Yeah but it's a lot harder now.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by Daimondl, 28 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

It takes a lot of hits, but you'll be successful eventually.

I manage to snipe a tank like 3 days ago. I did not use the Heavy Sniper rifle either. If you aim just underneath the turret from the tanks right side near the hatch. At least, that is what worked for me.

I would like to know some friendly with a tank and try to figure out the actual weak spot of the tank, just to let people know where to aim to stop those grifers. If interested send a PM.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

I would like to know some friendly with a tank and try to figure out the actual weak spot of the tank, just to let people know where to aim to stop those grifers. If interested send a PM.

Ecksbawks? I have a PVR so I can record it and post here.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Ecksbawks? I have a PVR so I can record it and post here.

Excuse me, I didn't understand that, what do you mean ?

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

PM sent

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 28 November 2013 - 10:23 PM.

It's not a matter of skill, weapon or special spots. After a certain distance, vehicles' hitboxes unload, every gun in game is hitscan. Its around the half mile, usually 4 blocks away. When you don't see their cannon rotate, you are on the distance. On this distance, shoot where the pilot should be. Slightly under the hatch. Doesn't matter if the are facing you or away.

A-Rod
  • A-Rod

#wwrd

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Lots of answers to this, nice to hear!

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

This isn't my video, but I found it on YouTube.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 30 November 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Pretend it's a car and go for where the windows would be on the side, if you were aiming at the driver.

Edit: Vid above - wow.  I did not know you could get them from the front as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users