Game File Mystery Hunt...

3,281 replies to this topic
Chippy
  • Chippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

http://imgur.com/h5O8FzE

Here you go for all of those too afraid to open the exe.

And yes we finally have a model viewer. Currently it'l display all MAIN meshes (not LOD models). I have the material mappings and am working on getting the textures sorted out right now.

Awesome! Thanks. Any chance you could nab one of the egg as well? Gives us an idea of what we're looking for exactly.

reoze
  • reoze

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Trust me when I say, it looks like an egg. Once I can put some textures on it i'll post a screenshot. Otherwise, look in your refrigerator.

• tdurbo, seanjh, WrathChildz and 1 other like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by _CP_, 03 December 2013 - 07:38 AM.

In the .XDR's should be saved a texture name, so it will be easier to find them.

Don't forget to add option to export meshes to OBJ file.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Awesome work guys!
I'll move onto the x,y,z positions of the models (from the xmaps) so we can find this stuff in the map
  • ParanoiaX likes this

reoze
  • reoze

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by reoze, 03 December 2013 - 07:46 AM.

if someone could find the level geometry we could make a whole damn scene viewer.

I'm not going to be writing an exporter honestly. I don't agree with the motives behind it even though it is relatively harmless. Online is already being ruined by modders/hackers and I don't feel like supporting it. I look at these other GTA5 modding forums and they're just filled with posts about freeze cars free cash and overall trolling.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by _CP_, 03 December 2013 - 07:59 AM.

We're not going to ruin the online experience just by exporting models to other known formats.

Hmm... I can read only your .xdr file, any other crash the tool like this:

gzalcmS.png

And yep - there are a textures names in .xdr file. I checked it for p_secret_weapon.xdr and what I have?

prop_chrome_dirty_02
p_crate_weapon_01_n
prop_wood_plank_05
p_crate_weapon_01
prop_strap_01

reoze
  • reoze

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

hence why its hardcoded to only take one file

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 10:27 AM.

You guys are awesome... so we have sorta temp working viewer, great work guys, if you can fine tune it to show the textures that would be great... i will look out for level geo and see if i can find anything.

and the movie studio UFO is confirmed to be there then? Not doubting your work takeover but is it 100% the right coodinates in the studio? Only say that cos if its the building next door and we are in the studio it will be for nothing.

finally got in to my xbox files all opened up and been looking through them so if anyone needs anything more as i go through all files again lol let me know... (i know the .x formats may be easier to work with but looking through files is easier with the ps3 files lol so many extra files with the xbox version (file to do with xbox, not gta 5)

Is there anyway of building the movie studio UFO to have a look at it? In the model viewer i mean...

one big thing that worries me is, are vehicles and these models and textures built in the same way? Or is a vehicle a different sort of file? I only ask because i assume any flyable ufo or jetpack or anything would have to be the same sort of format as the vehicles (even if it has its own hidden place in the files lol)

mwzun
  • mwzun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hey I was referred by talkol, I am new to GTA Forum but not new to the mystery or computers at all (including graphics, design,minor programming, but prominently web-paging and HTML).  As luck would have it I have a lot of free time as of now, indefinitely... I have my own copy of the game files already and and here to lend a hand in anyway I can. I can not comfortably say that I am familiar with dissecting a console video game but am a quick learner, easy to teach and eager to learn new things. Id imagine its much like, or similar i should say, to the source of a website, as I am sure most of this I can pick up myself with little or no questions.. You guys have been doing a really good job, so just let me know what you need/want or if there is anything I can do, Dont be afraid to give me tasks or anything like that as I have stated that I have a bunch of free time and am here to help

• tdurbo, ParanoiaX, CanOdope and 1 other like this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Its great to have you here mate, we need all the help we can...

funny you mention webpages... talkol had a good idea of a webpage where you enter coordinates (x,y,z) and it shows you them on a gta 5 map... we need this for checking locations we find for models and things in the files... if you could do it for us? Talkol said he will help with the tech side and i believe zancudo takeover has a good knowledge of the coordinates of gta 5 maps.

thanks mate.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:00 AM Edited by talkol, 03 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Dont be afraid to give me tasks or anything like that as I have stated that I have a bunch of free time and am here to help

First of all, read this thread from the beginning, that's the best way to get you up to speed. interdpth and reoze are taking care of the model viewer, I would be happy for your help with everything regarding to x,y,z map coordinates. So pay close attention to my posts on the subject. And if you want to actually start building something, we really need the x,y,z coordinate plotter website :) I made several posts about it.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by talkol, 03 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

and the movie studio UFO is confirmed to be there then? Not doubting your work takeover but is it 100% the right coodinates in the studio?

I just want to be clear in what I've confirmed:

1. I've confirmed that there are values that look like x,y,z coordinates in the different xsc scripts. I personally cannot guarantee that all these coordinates are indeed locations because I am not decompiling the scripts, just extracting sets of 3 adjacent numbers that have values that make sense as coordinates.

2. Assuming that these are indeed x,y,z coordinates on the map - I did not confirm their meaning. All I know is that they appear in the above scripts. They could be a ufo, they could be a spawn point for a lamp that is relevant to this script, they could be a waypoint, they could be pretty much anything. So, in other words, I did not confirm that there's another ufo in the movie studio, BUT, this location in the movie studio IS probably related to the ufo's in some way.

Also, take a look at some of the other scripts as well, they could provide leads for some interesting in-game exploration points.

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Yeh i get it... no info on these (possible) coordinates but are found in the UFOs script... i'd hate to think it was a UFO piece lol

yeh we really need that x,y,z plotter... webpage or program, doesnt matter but its hard to be accurate with just a pic showing every 1000. We need accuracy i think.

edit: just reposting this a bit further up the topic http://imgur.com/0eIiKA1 as we have just got a 3d of this crate and thought this may help to look at with the 3d image as well... be great if we could get that modelviewer doing the textures on there aswell (not that simple i know guys, but something we should work toward)

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sorry for double but i was thinking... can we find the files or scripts or whatever that make the UFOs show up at 100%? if we find that something else might be there that gets unlocked that we havent found yet...

just a thought in case anyone comes across it.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Sorry for double but i was thinking... can we find the files or scripts or whatever that make the UFOs show up at 100%? if we find that something else might be there that gets unlocked that we havent found yet...
just a thought in case anyone comes across it.

The triggers are probably inside ufo.xsc - but to pull them out would require decompilation of this file. I personally don't see this happening any time soon or by someone from our jolly group

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Oh... lol

do you mean each UFO will have its own trigger or there will be a trigger for all UFOs to spawn at 100% ... only wondered because if it would be 1 trigger for all then maybe we can just find that trigger script... remember you also get the 100% tshirt lol maybe search for that trigger or clothing item and see how that is?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

hence why its hardcoded to only take one file

When do you update tool to open other .xdr's?

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 03 December 2013 - 02:44 PM.

I have no skills to be file hunting with you guys, but I think some of you are still looking for this. 

Found it on the french thread:

B5Yko86.png

• Fran_Halen likes this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by ManDog, 03 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Yeh i get it... no info on these (possible) coordinates but are found in the UFOs script... i'd hate to think it was a UFO piece lol

yeh we really need that x,y,z plotter... webpage or program, doesnt matter but its hard to be accurate with just a pic showing every 1000. We need accuracy i think.

edit: just reposting this a bit further up the topic http://imgur.com/0eIiKA1 as we have just got a 3d of this crate and thought this may help to look at with the 3d image as well... be great if we could get that modelviewer doing the textures on there aswell (not that simple i know guys, but something we should work toward)

Although I hope it's not, it could be a Spaceship Part, considering there is a Spaceship Part what can be collected in the Movie Studio :p

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

I never even got around to looking for the altruist stuff so thanks eram.

i PMed takeover about this but he doesnt seem to know what it is...

any idea what the rayfire.xml in common is?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CRayFireArray> <RayFires>  <Item>   <Position x="-1234.810059" y="-1105.000000" z="10.370000"/>   <Orientation x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000"/>   <Name>RAYFIRE_TEST</Name>   <AnimDict>v_inttest</AnimDict>   <AnimName>v_ray_root</AnimName>   <StartModel>V_RAY_START</StartModel>   <AnimatedModel>V_RAY_ROOT</AnimatedModel>   <EndModel>V_RAY_END</EndModel>  </Item>  <Item>   <Position x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000"/>   <Orientation x="1.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000"/>   <Name/>   <AnimDict/>   <AnimName/>   <StartModel/>   <AnimatedModel/>   <EndModel/>  </Item>  <Item>   <Position x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000"/>   <Orientation x="1.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000"/>   <Name>new</Name>   <AnimDict/>   <AnimName/>   <StartModel/>   <AnimatedModel/>   <EndModel/>  </Item> </RayFires></CRayFireArray>

Sorry it didnt copy properly, im on my phone and doesnt seem to want to recognise new lines when i copy paste...

any ideas?

@above... could be but i think spaceship parts are in there own script lol

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

I never even got around to looking for the altruist stuff so thanks eram.

Ok, i'll also post it on the other thread so others can have a look.

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks mate

reoze
  • reoze

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by reoze, 03 December 2013 - 05:02 PM.

This is exactly why I despise the "modding" community in GTAV. How about you unhack the 140 mil someone dropped on my account and destroyed my online game with?

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

This is exactly why I despise the "modding" community in GTAV. How about you unhack the 140 mil someone dropped on my account and destroyed my online game with?

yeh i get what you are saying mate... as i said in the first post we are not here to mod... if anyone feels they have made a tool that is too powerful for everyone to have then by all means keep it for a trusted circle or build in measures to ensure it cant be used in game.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 03 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Where do you all find the script, weapons, vehicles and some other bits and pieces?

All I can find in part0-3 is map files and some peds (mainly named/mission, no freeroam) :(

E: And on second disc there is only audio files.

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

interdpth, do you think you can add in a "if conditionial function" to this lil app you made so that if it cant convert the XDR file to XTD then it doesn't output the non working XTD file at all?

Yeah, these crashing files are so annoying :)
I really wish some programmer would take this task from interdpth though.. He's busy with cracking the models. Since he was kind enough to include the source code for his tool, anyone with basic programming knowledge could add this functionality..

I'll be happy to assist by answering questions on the best ways to discover faulty files.

In the meantime, you can try to filter the corrupt files by size. I suspect that the majority of corrupt files don't really have textures inside. Since the textures are usually big (at least 30kb), any file smaller than that can be suspected as corrupt.

I'll download the source and have a look. I'm itching to get involved, this thread is where the action is at the moment.

Assuming the viewer is just in C++?

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Cool thanks man, these guys need all the help they can with these viewers and stuff so you are most welcome.

edit: @wildbrick... in the common folder i believe
  • WildBrick142 likes this

Matt_Vinyl
  • Matt_Vinyl

Chilly Lad

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sterling work gents! I am proficient in C# and would happily make a co-ordinate map viewer? Would have to be offline though as I don't dabble much in HTML / .asp etc.

Out of interest, would the z co-ordinate be redundant in a 2D map viewer? Would only serve for information purposes I guess.

I would need a Hi res / to scale map image before getting started though, along with some further info re: map size / max co-ordinates and 0,0 offset. Sure I saw that info here / Chilliad thread but it is a bit of a mission to search through that lot. Lol
  • talkol and jamston like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

You can use that hi-res map: http://static2.wikia.../69/XbsDvHt.jpg

Dimensions of V map is roughly 10,8km x 8,1km: http://i.imgur.com/x0ZoPJq.jpg I can send a occlusion file with some coord from game.

• Matt_Vinyl likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Hey man, that would be excellent...

so far i think the only map that was made was by taking known coordinates (like zancudo ufo and hippy ufo) and then working it out like that...

http://i.imgur.com/sN3mCUz.jpg

here is takeovers map and i believe this is the map that was worked out as i described above... i am not sure we have made a perfect map yet... someone please correct me if i am wrong...

oh above beat me to it lol

edit: i think that hi res map above should be different... maybe a satalite map instead and also it cuts off the islands to the north and some of the sea...

i honestly think taking known coordinates in game files like the ufos and like micheals house and that party boom box and such and plotting them accurately will let you know best the exact placement of things... only because the files are what we are following and there coordinates might not match just plotting from sizes...

also i think 0,0 is bishops wtf??
  • Matt_Vinyl likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users