• Belarus

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Guys, how to open carcols.xmt?

Benchq77
  • Benchq77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Not sure if it was already known or maybe it is already researched here.
But, yesterday I have found some .MIDI files with Morse code.
This sounds from file audio_misc.rpf:/resident/low_latency.awc
Here is archive of all sounds extracted: https://googledrive....low_latency.zip
You can play it with Windows Media Player.

Wow, strange files. However, I managed to decode the morse codes.

On the left the filename, on the right the decoded message:

0x0D7D48A3: HEY, YOU NEVER CALL, HOW D'YOU FANCY GOING BOWLING

0x06F5206A: THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOG

0x18FAD4AA: SOS

0x080AFB0E: CODEX

0x1812F4D5: BAN CLOTHES. BAN LIES. BAN YOUTH. BAN DECEIT. EAT OF THE FLESH. DRINK OF THE BLOOD. WE SHALL BE FREE ONCE MORE. BECAUSE WE KNOW. ALTRUISM. THE GREATEST GOOD, FOR THE GREATEST GENERATION. WE SHALL BOOM AGAIN

(To the people wondering how, just import the MIDI with Audacity and you'll see the morse code, just transate it with a website.)

The other files are... ringtones? Some are the same tunes as the custom horns. Interesting find. "CODEX" is interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex

In the zip file above with the audio files, I see 5 of these were decoded. There is 1 more named 0x155F3C89 that sounds like a piano but it is all 1 tone and sounds like it could be morse code as well.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by CarLuver69, 27 January 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Currently working on an XMT file parser. Here's some progress:

carcols.xmt:
Spoiler

carmodcols.xmt:
Spoiler

carvariations.xmt:
Spoiler
  • Frank.s likes this

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

Currently working on an XMT file parser. Here's some progress:

Very nice work so far. 2 questions: Is there much difference between CMT and XMT? Only have a PS3, and it'd be nice to look through those/edit them, later on. And could you also look through carvariations.xmt later - it's mostly just car color and livery info, but there's also data on license plates, which some people think special license plates could be part of the mystery.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

Very nice work so far. 2 questions: Is there much difference between CMT and XMT? Only have a PS3, and it'd be nice to look through those/edit them, later on. And could you also look through carvariations.xmt later - it's mostly just car color and livery info, but there's also data on license plates, which some people think special license plates could be part of the mystery.

I don't have access to CMT files yet. I'd really like to take a look at them, however.

As for how these files work and trying to figure out what these files do, it's a lot of trial and error. I think I found some sort of hashing system, but there's 10 digits and I have no references. So I'm pretty much shooting in the dark here...lol

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by MajesticNL, 27 January 2014 - 04:03 AM.

]GTAV.Modding.is.already.Possible:

That's just the Michael player files swapped with Niko's, who's in the multiplayer files. Actually loading custom models would require rewriting the XDR format, that'll probably never happen.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

I don't have access to CMT files yet. I'd really like to take a look at them, however.

As for how these files work and trying to figure out what these files do, it's a lot of trial and error. I think I found some sort of hashing system, but there's 10 digits and I have no references. So I'm pretty much shooting in the dark here...lol

Went ahead and PM'd you a link to some CMT files and the carcols/carvariations.meta from the beachbum DLC, hopefully that'll help you out.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

Thanks! So it seems that XMT/CMT are one and the same. I'm completely stumped on how these files work though, the most I could figure out was how to read the strings list. Apparently they're plaintext files at one point and then compiled...which makes things very difficult!

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Wow nice work going on guys, thank you carluver :)

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

GTA IV: Los Santos Dev Team Member

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Nice useful info here guys.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Oh i forgot... regarding the morse midi... i checked those out and posted my results a few pages back :) doesnt seem to be anything although some believed it could be an EAS or emergency broadcast of some kind... if there was any morse it was a code followed by "sos sos"

tgascoigne
  • tgascoigne

Tom

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:03 AM Edited by tgascoigne, 27 January 2014 - 11:05 AM.

@Carluver: The various formats are generally pretty similar at least in structure. I'm not sure if you've looked at any of Rage's files before, but here's a few general rules and things to look that might be useful.

First of all, make sure your hex editor is in big endian mode. 

If you're exporting from LibertyV all of the files will have an 'RSC7' header which is 0x10 bytes long. There's more info about it and its contents in this post from kornto, and some sample code from xdr2obj.

The easiest thing to look for is pointers, 'cause they follow a really simple pattern.

All pointers are 4 bytes long. The first byte is either 0x50 or 0x60, and this specifies whether the address is in the system or graphics partition. See the above about the RSC7 header, 'cause you need to parse that to work out the offset of the graphics partition in the file. The next 3 bytes are an address. If the pointer is to the system partition you can just add 0x10 to this address (for the RSC7 header) and you'll get its offset within the file, but if it's a pointer to the graphics partition you have to add both 0x10 and the offset you calculated using the RSC7 header.

Example: 

0x50012F90 is a pointer to the system partition at offset 0x12F90. File offset = 0x12F90 + 0x10 = 0x12FA0

The second most obvious thing about the files is that they mostly consist of 'headers' generally no longer than around 0x60 bytes in length. These all have a 4 byte vtable at the very start and quite often have pointers to other sections, strings, or chunks of data just like you'd have in any object orientated program. 

The final thing worth mentioning is collections. One common pattern is to store an array or a collection of data or pointers using the following format: 4 bytes pointer to data, 2 bytes count, 2 bytes capacity (usually == count).

There's documentation of the XDR format here and there's plenty of documentation for GTA IV formats here. There's also plenty of sample code in xdr2obj.

Hope this helps someone.

nikita488
  • nikita488

WOW :)

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Guys, who know where are located the original wheels for cars? not tuned.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info tom :) wondered where you had gone :p

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 27 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

I guess it might be an impossible request, but maybe you guys can do it?

Would it be possible to have a complete collision model at once of the whole chiliad mountain?

Does the idea of such a thing make sense, or the mountains' exterior surfaces are not possible to be considered as a single object whose collision model is possible to isolate?

I'm asking because in the Chilad Mistery thread the idea of a false wall on a side of a mountain is often taken in consideration. Some think that the right weather conditions (possibly a thunder storm, maybe at night) might be triggers for some false wall to disappear (leaving a visible opening), maybe from some difficult to reach spot on a mountain's surface, or somewhere else.

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by TirkaneX, 27 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

ignore

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by CarLuver69, 27 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

@tgascoigne The XMT/CMT files are not RSC7 files. They're some kind of compressed META file that looks as if it contains hashes for strings but nothing matches up. The most I could figure out was strings, the rest was gibberish without seeing how the fame uses the information.

Edit: I hate auto correct on this phone :/

Devorah
  • Devorah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:31 AM Edited by Devorah, 28 January 2014 - 11:41 AM.

-deleted-

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:44 AM Edited by tadd, 28 January 2014 - 07:59 AM.

Umm not being horrible here but since when did this place become a place for modders?

THIS TOPIC IS FOR MYSTERY HUNTING ONLY!!!

sorry but the next person to come here and ask us for a mod of some kind or just here to ask for files for modding but is not hunting for the MYSTERY will be reported!!

I REPEAT!! THIS TOPIC IS NOT FOR MODDING AND ONLY FOR MYSTERY HUNTING. (should your mod help the hunt, like gtabumhoffer, it will be tolerated, but just asking us for mods or files for your mods isnt going to happen)

My iron fist has slammed the table on this matter!! You guys have got enough modding topics and forums to not have to ruin our humble little file research topic... dont blame us if we make more progress than the modding community either lol you will have to wait till they catch up, or you will have to mystery hunt with us for access to these tools and help from us file hunters... simply coming here asking for files or mods will get you ignored and maybe reported if im feeling bitchy lol

That is all.
  • agencydude and tgascoigne like this

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

That morse code...does it say "codex" or code x"?

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

No space between e and x so im thinking codex as one word.
  • Ungreth likes this

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

No space between e and x so im thinking codex as one word.

Hmm...well presumably that word must have some real significance if they've hidden it in morse code, but I can't imagine how.

agencydude
  • agencydude

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hey tadd, /u/AllUpinSmoke on Reddit figured out where 0x1847C2AC is played

http://www.reddit.co...i_file_decoded/

just so you know.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

@ungreth... yeh seems like the whole mystery and mural is a codex lol we will see soon i guess.

@fender... thanks man, not been checking reddit lately, will catch up.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by tadd, 28 January 2014 - 10:02 AM.

I realise my above comment to the modders seems a bit harsh... i am not against your file research in the slightest... in fact we can mutually benefit from each others research into files...

My problem however, is coming to this mystery topic, where we are making advancements and demanding files and tutorials on how to do certain things... if you would like info from us, there is a PM service on this forum and some of us would be happy to help you there... this topic however is not for modding requests or research, unless offering the mystery something in return...

Coming here and taking research and asking for our help and then disappearing and offering nothing in return is, well, disrespectful... we are happy to help anyone but some information on the work you are doing and how it could benefit us all would be nice.

Sorry to rant :(
  • LiquidNitrogen likes this

agencydude
  • agencydude

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by fenderdeluxe2006, 28 January 2014 - 10:09 AM.

If only the same could have been alleviated with reoze :( that dude was a dynamo in the hunt

But yes, again, enough with the passive aggressive sh*te, modding the game is not the intent of this thread at all.

Devorah
  • Devorah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Alright I understand...I'm new here and sorry.

• agencydude likes this

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

@dev... no probs mate, wasnt just directed at you, just in general i see a lot of mention of our topic in modding forums and post... "these guys are finding good stuff, ask them for the vehicles" is one post i read recently with a link to this topic...

As i said i have no issues helping but at least bring something to the table and explain what we could gain from the info :)
  • agencydude likes this

agencydude
  • agencydude

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

@dev No one is discouraging anyone from hunting. some people just want to mod SP and IMO that's OK, but MP is just out of question. That's the dilemma. Like buying a character on eBay for WoW. I guess that makes sense?

Whatever you find mack pimp tadd, there will be some sort of answer. Toodaloo until then everyone. Happy gaming, and hunting...

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

I want to help, where are you getting the files from to find all this? Are you extracting from the disc or what?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users