Game File Mystery Hunt...

3,281 replies to this topic
MaxDamed
  • MaxDamed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Here are the Asteroid and Egg models, placed next to the observatory for scale: http://i.imgur.com/2n0cTAZ.jpg

The egg is the little blue thing on the steps. (Yes, the asteroid is huge)

As a side note, those two lit up rectangles on the door to the observatory have polygons of their own, and there are no matching polygons on the other side of the door, so there's no chance they'll light up at any point :(

http://i.imgur.com/3AivgwH.jpg

hello, I wanted to ask how your program xdr2obj can explain please I want to open a XDD are models of clothes gta v please  ,explain to me how the program works and you can leave the link forgive my English I'm using the translator

• fragtime2k9 likes this

nikita488
  • nikita488

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

guys, who is able to open the animation?

MaxDamed
  • MaxDamed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Somebody help in using XDR2OBJ but .XDD  

:(

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:09 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 12 May 2014 - 10:26 AM.

Just found it at the French thread, courtesy of TansmetTeam:

Found at files "v_58_sarcophagus"7c6c.png

3D:

https://sketchfab.co...372418892128917

Never saw this before, anyone did?

Edit - nm, see below.

• Rented and CanOdope like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

Just found it at the French thread, courtesy of TansmetTeam:

Found at files "v_58_sarcophagus"7c6c.png

3D:

https://sketchfab.co...372418892128917

Never saw this before, anyone did?

HO..LY... SH!T. You found it...

I was looking for this FOREVER.

I was onto something a while back about the Pharaoh references and now i'm absolutely blown away... i gotta rethink some things now, lol.

If i had to make a guess, this would be near the Kortz Center, being that it advertises the Pharaoh's Riches attraction, or something like that.  I have spent countless hours around there looking for something like this but, no luck so far.

I'm seriously blown away right now, That body in it... wow, something going on here for sure.

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Tirk pointed this out in the other thread, i just found a video to corroborate it. Not my video. 40 seconds in when he opens the door.

Makes sense, don't know if because of yugioh, but the name solomon does remind me of Egypt.

• EramVerdes likes this

Papercookies
  • Papercookies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

I don't know what's the fuzz about indoor elevators because there's an entire model of it and you can enter it yourself in the watch tower in Fort Zancudo, am I the only one noticing this? It even has the entire opening closing animation. I do wonder if it can acctually go up 'n down...

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

I don't know what's the fuzz about indoor elevators because there's an entire model of it and you can enter it yourself in the watch tower in Fort Zancudo, am I the only one noticing this? It even has the entire opening closing animation. I do wonder if it can acctually go up 'n down...

You can enter the one in the bunker aswell and no, both do nothing at the moment. Also the same elevator and animation are used in the GTA: Online garages. Anyways, does anyone has a package with the tools I need to view models and the map/parts of the map? I have some spare time.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

@Karoi check the OP, it's been updated and I believe it has links to all the tools.
  • Karoi likes this

indirivacua
  • indirivacua

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:28 PM Edited by indirivacua, 13 May 2014 - 11:21 PM.

In 1.13 was added more strings about Jetpack: (Look the post of Chr0m3 x MoDz)

And more about to "Skiing":

Spoiler

EDIT:

More about horses:
Spoiler

EDIT (again):

I thinks this are scripts about banks heists:
Spoiler

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

@Karoi check the OP, it's been updated and I believe it has links to all the tools.

Thank you!

MaxDamed
  • MaxDamed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:24 AM Edited by MaxDamed, 14 May 2014 - 03:01 AM.

help :( 

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Spoiler

EDIT:

More about horses:
Spoiler

EDIT (again):

Spoiler

so, since i know nothing about coding(just some basic knowledge) i have a question.

why is R* adding little bits of code over a few month span? I have heard of a little bit being dropped a few days early of an update, or sometimes one pre-code patch but, still near an update and most likely for the next update.

So, why are they stringing us along like this, what is the benefit from their end to do it this way? Sorry if this is off topic, seemed in a gray area.

And on a side note, i think it's totally F's pf them to do this with the heists at the very least.  Nobody made r* say Heists were going to be available a few weeks, they offered that information, could have kept it secret but, lost some sales.(Coporate, money driven f*cks)

Now, 8 or so months later we still have no heists and they add some little code for heists like a dangling carrot to keep us playing, which boosts their "GTA is popular because people are still playing" numbers. It's all for the coporate conference calls where they have to present numbers and projections of money and players, etc, etc.

I feel like these small/minimal code updates are nothing more than straight up lies from r* to create artificial player numbers by keeping us interested in something they have no intention of adding.  This generation of consoles is over almost, are they really giving a sh*t about keeping this game alive and people playing, or have they already been on GTA6 for a year or so now?

sorry /endrant

• robban likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

I'd say that you're right for the most part. I do believe they will *eventually*add these things to the game. Adding the snippets of code in the updates probably does have a lot to do with keeping the numbers up. As for GTA VI, I'm willing to bet that they have already started.

jp9865
  • jp9865

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Now I'm just guessing here but I'm assuming that they are putting the code in early so that they can bug test etc. Prior to the dlc.
  • CanOdope likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Now I'm just guessing here but I'm assuming that they are putting the code in early so that they can bug test etc. Prior to the dlc.

This makes sense, didn't think of Beta testers being able to fly a JP already. I wonder what they could be testing though? they seem to just be adding onto the code and not changing it at all from what i have seen.

In a WAY OUT THERE type idea, i wonder if the code is a Progress meter for the hunt? every time they add something we might take that as an indicator of progress.

Like the Hot and cold game, possibly?

"Warmer, warmer, hot, hot, you're burning up!" 

jp9865
  • jp9865

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

I did think that myself, maybe they are reading the forums (more than likely imo) and someone here or in reddit has mentioned the "trigger" which is why they have started to add it in.

burnzrox
  • burnzrox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Brand new code isn't as simple as writing a few lines and job done. They've got a whole game to integrate it with and check for bugs/ compatability. Couple that with the free new content they're rolling out every four weeks that needs to be QA'd and you'll understand they've got a lot of work going on. Updates will be incremental until its correct. Please don't think they're adding snippets of code as a PR move. They're just laying the foundations for big changes.
  • gamerzworld, TrevorsStinkyFingers, Inb4DDoS and 1 other like this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

This makes sense, didn't think of Beta testers being able to fly a JP already. I wonder what they could be testing though? they seem to just be adding onto the code and not changing it at all from what i have seen.

In a WAY OUT THERE type idea, i wonder if the code is a Progress meter for the hunt? every time they add something we might take that as an indicator of progress.

Like the Hot and cold game, possibly?

"Warmer, warmer, hot, hot, you're burning up!" 

Brand new code isn't as simple as writing a few lines and job done. They've got a whole game to integrate it with and check for bugs/ compatability. Couple that with the free new content they're rolling out every four weeks that needs to be QA'd and you'll understand they've got a lot of work going on. Updates will be incremental until its correct. Please don't think they're adding snippets of code as a PR move. They're just laying the foundations for big changes.

They are probably testing stuff right now. Could be the triggers, cutscene or the jetpack itself. I don't think it's a pr move or a hot-cold game. They are constant developing and slowly adding stuff that didn't make the game's release date/deadline. It's normal. At my work, we do the same.

• Barnumbir likes this

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I feel like such an idiot for being one of those people to call bullsh*t on the DLC theory.

The only logic being - why would they put that mural in, leave so much unaccounted for, and patch it with a DLC? That - mind you - offline GTAV'ers will never receive. I always believed that the game - having things like a full moon cycle, weather condition triggers and that ONE HINT of the word 'jetpack' in a native - would require an incredibly particular path to actually reveal the secret to the mystery.
Hell I was even starting to believe that whole karma theory may have played into it.

I guess not. Super duper lame.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I feel like such an idiot for being one of those people to call bullsh*t on the DLC theory.

The only logic being - why would they put that mural in, leave so much unaccounted for, and patch it with a DLC? That - mind you - offline GTAV'ers will never receive. I always believed that the game - having things like a full moon cycle, weather condition triggers and that ONE HINT of the word 'jetpack' in a native - would require an incredibly particular path to actually reveal the secret to the mystery.
Hell I was even starting to believe that whole karma theory may have played into it.

Yeah, it's strange that they are focussing so much on GTA Online and XBOX LIVE/PSN connected accounts. 

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, it's strange that they are focussing so much on GTA Online and XBOX LIVE/PSN connected accounts. 

Online is where the money is unfortunately. GTA:Online has made over $66 million in Shark Card sales alone. Story Mode is a second priority.

• me1223 likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Karoi, 15 May 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Online is where the money is unfortunately. GTA:Online has made over $66 million in Shark Card sales alone. Story Mode is a second priority.

Seriously? That much? WOW! I don't find GTA: Online not that great at all. I hardly play it. 

EDIT: I just saw your GTA V bicycle glitch video. Use Adobe Premiere Pro, it reads .m2ts files directly.

• Benjamoose and Fran_Halen like this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Seriously? That much? WOW! I don't find GTA: Online not that great at all. I hardly play it. 

EDIT: I just saw your GTA V bicycle glitch video. Use Adobe Premiere Pro, it reads .m2ts files directly.

Thanks for the advice, heh! Though I believe it's more to do with the weird way their software encodes the files or something. Vegas supposedly supports .m2ts files natively too and does so fine from my video camera, but crashes when using one from the Roxio, unless I convert the file to something like an mp4 in another application.

I've also heard a bunch of issues from people with Premiere who have other issues their end, such as audio desynch over time and similar bugs like crashing.

In the latest version of Sony Vegas though (I don't have this), the video apparently imports just fine, but not the audio. Roxio has an export as mp3 option for to solve that, so I think that's what I'll be doing whenever I update my copy of Vegas.

It's a nice piece of hardware, but the Roxio software sucks big time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Karoi likes this

Cesar Tun
  • Cesar Tun

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

Como puedo abrir archivos .XDD sin que se deforme el unwrap uvw

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 17 May 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but replying to a few of the comments above:

I find it very curious that GTA players are only now opening their eyes to the downloadable content issue. I know Rockstar has been quite respectable to players in the last few years, but look anywhere else and the DLC issue has been huge for a good time now. It's only logical that they start "playing the game" too. Also, players are in part to blame for they accept any crap that is thrown at them. Just look at THQ's WWE games: stuff that could be easily included in the retail disc and others that ARE included but blocked are offered as "brand new DLC" and everyone loves it. DLC is a fantastic concept but it is not surprising that it's being used as a method to make easy money with no effort. 

I'm not sure if we'll see another "1984 crash" someday, but if it happens you can bet your asses that it'll be because of the poor efforts that are put in retail games these days. You pay full price for a broken game with content removed and have to depend on online availability to patch it and pay for the stuff that could be there from the start (or is there, already paid with the disc, but blocked).  It is truly sad. 

• CanOdope and NikolaiAmethyst like this

nikita488
  • nikita488

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Give me please file wheel_mods.rpf

unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Spoiler

EDIT:

More about horses:
Spoiler

EDIT (again):

Spoiler

Those scripts have been in there since day 1, they are the offline heist missions

XBLToothPik
  • XBLToothPik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by XBLToothPik, 18 May 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Spoiler

EDIT:

More about horses:
Spoiler

EDIT (again):

Spoiler

Those scripts have been in there since day 1, they are the offline heist missions

Yea, he's right.  They have to do with the SP heists.  Here's high level of them:

EDIT:  Changed these scripts to the scripts from the latest title update.

Sword with no name
  • Sword with no name

It's A Secret To Everybody

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

@Cesar Tun said: "How can I open .XDD files without deformating the unwrap uvw"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users