• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hey, spice things up a bit.

SempiternalFreak
  • SempiternalFreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

I FULLY SUPPORT THIS. WE NEED A FEMALE CHARACTER.

Honestly, I was really irritated when I heard GTA V wouldn't include a girl protagonist. There needs to be a GTA online update where your character can interact with Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. (My character is a girl, which is why I say this.)

• skills likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

It could work. Only problem I see are feminist groups flipping sh*t and saying "ROCKSTARS PROTRAYAL OF WOMEN ISNT ACCURATE HURR"

SempiternalFreak
  • SempiternalFreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

I agree. The Femnazis (Not including me, I don't give a flying f*ck how they're portrayed.) would start complaining and pissing off everyone. No matter how R* portrays girl characters, Femnazis will always have something to scream about.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

I agree. The Femnazis (Not including me, I don't give a flying f*ck how they're portrayed.) would start complaining and pissing off everyone. No matter how R* portrays girl characters, Femnazis will always have something to scream about.

I can imagine that neither confirming nor denying the possibility of a female protagonist, Rockstar's saving themselves from a boycott

SempiternalFreak
  • SempiternalFreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Even without confirming, the femnazis are complaining about every girl being a prostitute or a stripper. If R* said they were going to develop a female protagonist, all of the female GTA players would automatically assume the character is going to be a sexually explicit character in some way, whether she's a hooker, prostitute, or just sleeps around. The best thing for R* to do is just put aside the idea for right now until the feminists are ready to stop complaining about it. 

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Everyone is thinking about a woman protagonist. I have no faith, because R* isn't even able to do a great non-caucasian protagonist to date. We had great black or female supporting characters, but as a protagonist, I think they are all a waste. CJ is strange, great and funny personality in the hood, but I find his writing horrible outside los santos. Victor vance is just a bland guy, Luis lopez is even worse (ok, he isn't really african-american, but is fitst in the "minority" group) and franklin was just a third wheel with little personality.

When they'll wrote a great story about african-americans (or other minority), then the time for a great female protagonist will be right...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

its a  Horrible Idea IMO i have said it before most female Criminals weather it be in games movies or tv shows are usually annoying bad bitches with attitude who annoy the f*ck outta of me. if they can somehow make her likable and Convincing (which is highly unlikely) then i might just be able to stomach it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

its a  Horrible Idea IMO i have said it before most female Criminals weather it be in games movies or tv shows are usually annoying bad bitches with attitude who annoy the f*ck outta of me. if they can somehow make her likable and Convincing (which is highly unlikely) then i might just be able to stomach it.

You think that EVERY female criminal in movies or on TV is an accurate representation of criminals in reality? That's kinda silly, especially considering that Hollywood never gets criminals accurate, unless they're going for some kind of documentary or "based on true events" gig. And even then, they screw something up

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

i dont think rockstar have cheeck list but it will look like that :

Whities - cheeck

blakkies - check

spanish (ish?) - cheeck

woman - to be done

dogs or other animals - concept

Everyone is thinking about a woman protagonist. I have no faith, because R* isn't even able to do a great non-caucasian protagonist to date. We had great black or female supporting characters, but as a protagonist, I think they are all a waste. CJ is strange, great and funny personality in the hood, but I find his writing horrible outside los santos. Victor vance is just a bland guy, Luis lopez is even worse (ok, he isn't really african-american, but is fitst in the "minority" group) and franklin was just a third wheel with little personality.

When they'll wrote a great story about african-americans (or other minority), then the time for a great female protagonist will be right...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

You think that EVERY female criminal in movies or on TV is an accurate representation of criminals in reality? That's kinda silly, especially considering that Hollywood never gets criminals accurate, unless they're going for some kind of documentary or "based on true events" gig. And even then, they screw something up

i agree Hollywood do screw it up but this is not real life either  and there is no Guarantee R* Would get it right either past females characters like liz torres and Catalina are to be fair quite convincing but they still Annoy me they were fine as Side Characters but would i want to play as somebody like that? No 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

i agree Hollywood do screw it up but this is not real life either  and there is no Guarantee R* Would get it right either past females characters like liz torres and Catalina are to be fair quite convincing but they still Annoy me they were fine as Side Characters but would i want to play as somebody like that? No 

Chill my amigo. Catalina is basically Trevor with ovaries

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

Yes and no.

While I'd like to see a female protagonist in a future GTA, it would be really easy to f*ck up. People say that it's easy to write male characters, but hard to write female characters, and I think there's truth in that.

I definitely wouldn't want to play as a stripper or a complete bitch type.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

I definitely wouldn't want to play as a stripper or a complete bitch type.

If anything, rave chicks could be cool to play as

hqdefault.jpg

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

Chill my amigo. Catalina is basically Trevor with ovaries

What's so good about Catalina? She was a coward that ran away from you through out the whole GTA III game. 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

I'm not sure how R* could do it in a convincing manner. It would completely change the dynamics of sexual humour and the gameplay itself. I mean imagine if in GTA V the protagonists were females instead looking to make a quick. It would feel strange wouldn't it?

Obviously there are female criminals in all parts of the criminal underworld, but R* are renowned for their believable portrayals concerning each GTA's respective settings and for me a female protagonist just wouldn't be that believable considering what the average GTA protagonist does.

The only way I could see them doing it is trialling with a DLC or a new I.P altogether. It's something that could easily ruin the series if pulled off incorrectly. In the mean time the closest thing we'll probably get to a female protagonist are the females we can make in GTA IV MP and GTAO.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

A Lucy Lui type chick... Yakuza born... exiled.. or perhaps you run the syndicate.... That would be BADASS.... 

kill_bill_1-O-Ren%20Ishii%20(Lucy%20Liu)

• skills, sukmieazz and Alex Wesker like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

They could use Michelle from IV because in IV

Spoiler
Maybe it could take place in the early 00's before IV

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, I understand how it can go, but if it's executed poorly, Rockstar could lose tons of money and cause HEAPS upon HEAPS of controversy.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

hell no it would be really strange and forced

I don't what that sh*t

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

A Lucy Lui type chick... Yakuza born... exiled.. or perhaps you run the syndicate.... That would be BADASS.... 

kill_bill_1-O-Ren%20Ishii%20(Lucy%20Liu)

THIS

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

lel but a girl is week cudnt fite!!!!!!!!!

It's a good idea and I'd like to see it done... but, done right. It's so hard to write a good female character who is involved in crime without being a mary-sue or just losing all of her femininity. I've got no problems with female protagonists, but I think GTA has a formula that is still growing strong and doesn't need to be "spiced up" especially when there are already so many strong female characters in the GTA universe.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I can't imagine the general audience (male bias) will be very pleased by it. But this is GTA we're talking about; if any gaming franchises can get away with using a female protagonist, GTA has to be one of them.

In order to break the traditional attitude towards a female protagonist (FP) then I think the best think would be to have just a single FP or three FPs, similar setup to what we saw in GTA V.

I can't imagine the public will like that, so maybe a less attitude-questioning option would be multiple protagonist setup with one or two FPs and then one male. Or to less of an effect two male and one female.

I think earning money through sales and creating a game that makes players consider the roles of women and how women integrate and exist in society today are mutually exclusive unfortunately, due to the gaming audience (with that 21-30 male category being the largest constituent).

I would like to see it happen though, assuming that GTA VI will be a better game than V, which I sold after three weeks.

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

No, it'd be awkward to play as a girl.  :/

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

How so? You just say "it'd be awkward" and give no explanation.

Vexedd
  • Vexedd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Obviously it's because that person is male, and prefers to play characters that he can relate to, rather than a completely different character with a pair of tits.

But you already knew what he meant, you're just trying to ignite an argument.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Obviously it's because that person is male, and prefers to play characters that he can relate to, rather than a completely different character with a pair of tits.

But you already knew what he meant, you're just trying to ignite an argument.

I'm not trying to ignite an argument, I was curious as to how he didn't want to play as a female character.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Too bad you couldn't just create your own character protagonist, but they'd have to take the GTA3 route and not have them voiced.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Maybe multiple charachters again, with one female charachter ?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Too bad you couldn't just create your own character protagonist, but they'd have to take the GTA3 route and not have them voiced.

You can in GTA Online, albeit in a bastardized multiplayer form.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users