Post-patch Survival

33 replies to this topic
luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

I used to be a regular in Survival modes, even if nobody's joining (they say it's boring), I'd play alone for the good EXP and money. It could net me $5000 and a good amount of EXP after reaching Lv 4 - 5. I'm not a good shooter, but the reward was just enough and satisfying.

But now.... Lv 4 Survival onlys give me $2400 and 400 EXP which I think it's so pointless and I could just rob a store and get the same amount in quicker way.

What do you guys think about this Survival? Does Lv 10 now give you half reward than it used to be?

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Wave 10 is $20,000

If you want to get money just sell a Baller or Felon for $9,000 or $9,500 you can do that every 45 min real time and between those sales just do the missions called Potshots ($7,000) or Coveted ($12,000) each of those missions take less than 5 minutes and you can do them as many times in a row as you like. And both missions are easy to solo one person. Even if your not a great shooter!

Even if you don't sell a car every 45 minutes while your playing ALWAYS sell one first thing when you log on and right before you log off. Just those two sales every time you play really add up.
  • DisposableUnit, BuyMeTheMoon and Bonnie_n_clyde like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Pretty neat. I think I should really do what you said.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

I would also keep coming back to survival occasionally simply because you can rack up a lot of ammo for different guns this way.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

If you have the patience for it, Survival in the boneyard is a good way to grind up money and RP. You might have to fight over the two good spots behind the shed in the back, but there's also other good spots to hide behind. I do it regularly.

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

The Boneyard is becoming the Criminal Records of survival, I wish people would mix it up a little. I find Processed to be very fun and there's tons of cover.

• Ms.Philips and rob602pa like this

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

All the survival missions are fun. Ppl play boneyard to hide behind the trailer.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

All the survival missions are fun. Ppl play boneyard to hide behind the trailer.

I hate that, everyone does it and they just sit there the ENTIRE GAME. They won't even leave to go kill the last enemy. SO boring. I prefer to run around stealing all the kills so they're forced to come out or miss out on kills.

• singemfrc and l The Spider l like this

Ksealoha
  • Ksealoha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Lol well to boneyard haters, if you notice.. Trailers only there during survival. Once back in free roam its gone... Just saying... If you hate people hiding there dont hide there... But rockstar put it there for use.

Ksealoha
  • Ksealoha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Im on xbox and looking for people to do some survival,DM or anything to due with making money really... Lol be one for a while more pm me if intrested thnks.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

I never seen someone going rambo during survival and they survived the wave. C'mon, one pistol shot cost you half armor already..

Oh btw, I'm having fun sniping from behind the trailer, especially when enemies are lurking in the corner and players were out of range, yet too scared to shoot

• Ms.Philips likes this

BasBGTA
  • BasBGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

I got to admit, I usually play Boneyard Survival aswell. Simply because it gives you quite a lot of RP and money. I just found Potshot, and have played it a couple times for the quick money. :)

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

I got to admit, I usually play Boneyard Survival aswell. Simply because it gives you quite a lot of RP and money. I just found Potshot, and have played it a couple times for the quick money. :)

All of the survivals give the same Cash and RP, unless you're playing Boneyard because it's the only one you can beat.

• Jack Reacher likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

All of the survivals give the same Cash and RP, unless you're playing Boneyard because it's the only one you can beat.

This, try some other maps. At least do Boneyard or Processed first to get the minigun if you are having a tough time with the other maps.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

I never seen someone going rambo during survival and they survived the wave. C'mon, one pistol shot cost you half armor already..

Oh btw, I'm having fun sniping from behind the trailer, especially when enemies are lurking in the corner and players were out of range, yet too scared to shoot

It's not impossible. Definitely wouldn't do it at a lower level.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Tons of people are grinding boneyard and processed as it is also easy. 20k is still the same if you get to level ten which you should if you play enough.

I try to finish the first levels very fast and run around and kill until helicopter comes.

It's very annoying when others sit in trash cans and don't do crap as it takes longer to complete and more helicopters come because they are in the game. I don't mind taking the extra rep by killing as many as I can but it does cost money for bullets.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Tons of people are grinding boneyard and processed as it is also easy. 20k is still the same if you get to level ten which you should if you play enough.

I try to finish the first levels very fast and run around and kill until helicopter comes.

It's very annoying when others sit in trash cans and don't do crap as it takes longer to complete and more helicopters come because they are in the game. I don't mind taking the extra rep by killing as many as I can but it does cost money for bullets.

I never pay for bullets anymore, once you start hitting high rounds in survival there is so much ammo on the ground you are set for a long time.

• rob602pa likes this

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

PSN ID Ethan5670 is a real piece of s***. First eight waves of boneyard he just goes rambo and gets killed in about 30 seconds, then I guess after all that spectating he notices the shed is a good place to hide so in the middle of the next round he hops the fence and pushes me out of cover getting me immediately killed. Everyone else in the survival is level ~20 and I'm a 78 and carrying each wave, so logically this is retarded...why kill the only person who is finishing the rounds?

I decided I didn't want him to finish the survival so for round 10 I just got myself killed (cause I didnt need the $/RP half as much as he did) and sure enough even behind the shed he didn't last half the wave.

I don't like being behind the shed, I find it boring. When we started this survival I wanted to be elsewhere, but all three other players were on the other side of the map from the shed, and since no one was on that side at all I figured I should cover that area, so it was extra sh***y of him to later decide he now wanted that spot.

• rob602pa likes this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

PSN ID Ethan5670 is a real piece of s***. First eight waves of boneyard he just goes rambo and gets killed in about 30 seconds, then I guess after all that spectating he notices the shed is a good place to hide so in the middle of the next round he hops the fence and pushes me out of cover getting me immediately killed. Everyone else in the survival is level ~20 and I'm a 78 and carrying each wave, so logically this is retarded...why kill the only person who is finishing the rounds?

I decided I didn't want him to finish the survival so for round 10 I just got myself killed....

Well this is exactly why I spend 95% of my time playing with only people I know. When you play with randoms chances are as unfortunate as it may be your going to get turds like this.

If we could only have adult servers that would help a little bit , not a lot but certainly getting rid of the kiddies would be a bit better.

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I never pay for bullets anymore, once you start hitting high rounds in survival there is so much ammo on the ground you are set for a long time.

unfortunately u can only take ammo from the ground only in a certain limit, i can only take ammo till my weapons hit 1900 rounds in it or so :\

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

unfortunately u can only take ammo from the ground only in a certain limit, i can only take ammo till my weapons hit 1900 rounds in it or so :\

...That's easily enough. By the time you use 2000 rounds of one category, almost all the others will be maxed out.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

I decided I didn't want him to finish the survival so for round 10 I just got myself killed (cause I didnt need the $/RP half as much as he did) and sure enough even behind the shed he didn't last half the wave.

I don't like being behind the shed, I find it boring. When we started this survival I wanted to be elsewhere, but all three other players were on the other side of the map from the shed, and since no one was on that side at all I figured I should cover that area, so it was extra sh***y of him to later decide he now wanted that spot.

There's always some retard who just go rambo around then dies in the beginning of each wave, even though I already texted him to stay close to me / us (if there's any smarter player joined). I'm starting to think he just want to grab chips and wait for the exp / money without struggling.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Not sure which I dislike more.. the rambo types or the ones that join and don't bother playing. Wish I sticky bomb the latter out of the game.

l The Spider l
  • l The Spider l

Ninja

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

I enjoy doing all of the Survivals. My favourite is probably Industrial Plant, that tower has so many good spots. You could easily fit 4 people up there.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

i thought i saw in the 1.07 patch notes you can vote to kick players who aren't playing in a survival now....i thought.

sizzla36
  • sizzla36

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thats what I thought, we need to be able to report turds who don't contribute. It really pisses me off when some scrub sits there the whole round n does nothing, why can't we kill him? Does anyone have a solution?

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thats what I thought, we need to be able to report turds who don't contribute. It really pisses me off when some scrub sits there the whole round n does nothing, why can't we kill him? Does anyone have a solution?

The only way around that is to not do missions/Jobs with randoms. Simple as that. Only do them with friends or solo. If your after money/RP just do potshot or coveted depending on your lvl more money/RP there anyway. I just do survivals for fun.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

I was doing a Del Perro Survival with one of forum members and another random kid (with mic) around lv 39 and his quality of playing is...... so.... effing dumb.....

8 out of 10 stages he get killed in the beginning!!

Why? Because he bought soda when a car with enemies was approaching right goddamn there. Then he went rambo in front of a pack of gunman!! Then the worst thing ever was he hid behind a box against where the enemies would spawn.....

WTF!!!!

And then he laughed everytime the wave is finished. I finished the mode and he was laughing so happy.

Seriously...... really irritating.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

I feel your pain luisniko. I deal with these kids named Arnold and Sylvester on a daily basis in the Boneyard. The Pier is a little harder since it doesn't have the same cover as the Boneyard.

I think if you don't do a proper job, you shouldn't get paid. That, or the people actually killing and blowing up the helicopters should get a bigger pay out. Too many of these kids grab a free ride to the end and get money they didn't earn.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I feel your pain luisniko. I deal with these kids named Arnold and Sylvester on a daily basis in the Boneyard. The Pier is a little harder since it doesn't have the same cover as the Boneyard.

I think if you don't do a proper job, you shouldn't get paid. That, or the people actually killing and blowing up the helicopters should get a bigger pay out. Too many of these kids grab a free ride to the end and get money they didn't earn.

You got epic fighting mates LOL!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users