63 replies to this topic
Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Prepare to be called an idiot by hardcore fanboys

Hardcore fanboys? Its like saying: wet water, since water is wet....or is it.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

The hanging out with Friends got dumbed down due to all the Unnecessary bitching and moaning about Contacts In IV Calling all the time  << which is extremely  exaggerated  i  have completed just over 60 missions On a new save of IV and i think i have had 4 phone calls.

• theGTAking101 and Mr. Sleepy like this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

I agree but It's a 7 years old console, you prefer lags? It's a awesome game after all but not "perfect".
Hopefully they do something on next gen, you have to wait other 2/3 years.

Meanwhile i'm gonna enjoy gta v for another year, so i can buy a ps4.

Just enjoy the game or there's a door, you can sell or trade for another game you like. That's it, complaining won't resolve any problems.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I'm more confused as to why we can steal vehicles for Simeon in GTAO, but it's not available to Franklin as a side mission and why TPE deals drugs and weapons yet only weapons dealing is explored.

The most illogical thing to me IMO in GTA V is why would these guys who are master thieves help random people when they get mugged by giving the money back to them?

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Franklin apparently could play tennis once upon a time, but they decided to cut it out. You could also originally play tennis against Lamar.

This was discovered through a glitch: http://gtaforums.com...nnis-after-all/

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

-Many of the things that are exclusive to online but not in SP, even when there is no reason for it. But that's been discussed to death, so I won't go into too much detail here.

can someone explain me what are this exclusive things we get online that we dont get in SP...

Quick GPS
Enlarge GPS
Inventory
Stores on the Radar
Buying Garages and Apartments
Mechanic
Personal Car tracker
Insurance
Lester help ( Like remove Wanted Level, find plane and etc.... )
Play heist when ever you want when its out 
More clothes in Online
  • theGTAking101 and TimelyMeerkat like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I'm more confused as to why we can steal vehicles for Simeon in GTAO, but it's not available to Franklin as a side mission and why TPE deals drugs and weapons yet only weapons dealing is explored.

The most illogical thing to me IMO in GTA V is why would these guys who are master thieves help random people when they get mugged by giving the money back to them?

The Simeon thing really bugs me. They do explain it, but it's a crappy explanation really. It was just a big set up for a terrible random encounter.

Spoiler

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Franklin apparently could play tennis once upon a time, but they decided to cut it out. You could also originally play tennis against Lamar.

This was discovered through a glitch: http://gtaforums.com...nnis-after-all/

That sucks, is he impossible to beat btw, as i'll only try it tomorrow.

If he is, then maybe they couldn't fix him.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by Official General, 29 November 2013 - 01:43 AM.

What I just don't get about this is game, is how half of the main story revolved around hardened criminals doing jobs for cops and federal agents. And how it has less interiors than GTA IV. 

• Vic 2.0 likes this

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

@Emmi

The nature of Icons seem very Beta-ish, those were probably left-overs from IV.

Can you post a link to these beta stuff please?
Does someone have a link for the beta icons and stuff please. I really want to see them.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

What I just don't get about this is game, is how half of the main story revolved around hardened criminals doing jobs for cops and federal agents.

Believe it or not, hardened criminals have worked for cops in reality, and vice versa. How else do you think they were able to have records wiped clean?

• Mr. Sleepy and 727gta like this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Can you post a link to these beta stuff please?
Does someone have a link for the beta icons and stuff please. I really want to see them.

Right here: http://gtaforums.com...onfirmed/page-8

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thanks

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

What I just don't get about this is game, is how half of the main story revolved around hardened criminals doing jobs for cops and federal agents.

Believe it or not, hardened criminals have worked for cops in reality, and vice versa. How else do you think they were able to have records wiped clean?

It more often happens the other way around. I've studied and researched organized crime extensively and I pretty much know what I'm talking about. Have you ever heard of Louis Eppolito and Stephen Capacarra who worked for the Italian Mafia Families of New York ? Or John Connolly who worked for the Irish Mob in Boston ? These guys were TOP law enforcement officials on the payroll and under complete control of organized crime. There are even many Black LA top cops who are affiliated with Bloods and Crips. 

Rich, powerful criminals are the ones who normally have cops working for them, not the other way round. 

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

It more often happens the other way around. I've studied and researched organized crime extensively and I pretty much know what I'm talking about. Have you ever heard of Louis Eppolito and Stephen Capacarra who worked for the Italian Mafia Families of New York ? Or John Connolly who worked for the Irish Mob in Boston ? These guys were TOP law enforcement officials on the payroll and under complete control of organized crime. There are even many Black LA top cops who are affiliated with Bloods and Crips. 

Rich, powerful criminals are the ones who normally have cops working for them, not the other way round. 

Yep, I've read only too much on the cases of Louis Eppolito and Stephen Capacarra. They were nothing but sleazeball detectives who Lucchese mobster Anthony Casso employed to carry out some of his dirty work. I've read his book "Gaspipe", and it also explains how Casso had to carry out a few jobs for other law enforcement guys during his rise. I take his book with a pinch of salt, but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of these guys had to at one point or another appease the badges to climb.

Case in point: you always bring up Training Day as being a good concept for a GTA story. Remember how Alonso basically dictated how the gangbangers operate in that film? That was a reflection of reality son.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

I think the final sentence is key; before you can have the cops working for you, you need to be rich and powerful. And sometimes that involves doing other's dirty work on your way there. Weston certainly could fit the former bill.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by StingrayX, 29 November 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Only read if you've unlocked Trevor:

Spoiler

• jamieleng and Vic 2.0 like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

-Many of the things that are exclusive to online but not in SP, even when there is no reason for it. But that's been discussed to death, so I won't go into too much detail here.

can someone explain me what are this exclusive things we get online that we dont get in SP...

You clearly have not played the game or you've only played SP exclusively or MP exclusively. There are TONS of stuff.

I'll just give you a few of examples........ 

--SP has 5 street races.... MP has over 40 (and that's just with cars, I'm not counting the bikes, helicopters, planes, cycles, sea)

--SP you are given a safe house...... In MP you have options to choose where you're safe house is.

--SP limits the color options for your weapons.... In MP you have more color options for your weapons

There are 3 CLEAR CUT FACTS right there for you. There are many other examples.

Happy I could be that 'someone' who explained it to you :)

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

WHO CARES?

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

WHO CARES?

the gtaforums

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

WHO CARES?

the gtaforums

I care.

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

WHO CARES?

Probably the person who asked the original question, which incidentally I found very interesting, so I suppose I care too.  Suppose that's why we call it discussion forums. 

On topic, it is interesting to see those apparent 'little' things that can make a 'big' difference for people's playing experiences.  The beta, is always worth a look and I can see why some people will find it frustrating if there are inconsistencies bewteen SP and MP or certain characters being denied certain activities e.g. Frankiln and tennis.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 29 November 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Most important... Car insurance and mechanic.

If you buy a car, and explode it, it's gone, forever, f*cking retarded.

I bought a Monroe for almost 500k, modified it for another 100k, it exploded, and I had to find out that it is gone.

If you're going to implement something Rockstar, at least do it the f*cking right way.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by Official General, 29 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Yep, I've read only too much on the cases of Louis Eppolito and Stephen Capacarra. They were nothing but sleazeball detectives who Lucchese mobster Anthony Casso employed to carry out some of his dirty work. I've read his book "Gaspipe", and it also explains how Casso had to carry out a few jobs for other law enforcement guys during his rise. I take his book with a pinch of salt, but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of these guys had to at one point or another appease the badges to climb.

Case in point: you always bring up Training Day as being a good concept for a GTA story. Remember how Alonso basically dictated how the gangbangers operate in that film? That was a reflection of reality son.

@ niko bellic half brother

Listen son, I said Training Day would have been great source of ideas to draw from with regards to the gameplay and theme, not for the game to emulate or copy the whole story. At the end of the day, Training Day is just a big Hollywood movie - in real-life, not even the most corrupt and baddest LA cop would be able to control the gangbangers like Alonso did in that movie. While stuff like that happens, it's not known to happen on such a grand scale like it did in Training Day. Even then, I'd rather a cop story like Training Day (or The Shield) if a majority of the game's story had to involve cops and federal agents. At least Training Day and The Shield actually were based around themes about corrupt cops that were heavily intertwined with gangs and criminal organizations. In GTA V, it's just some bullsh*t and highly improbable fantasy stuff about different law enforcement agencies and a private security outfit having a 3-way rivalry and battle - sorry, but that it's just not ideal GTA stuff to me, and on top of that, it soon got boring. 

@ baskerwil

Yeah most rich and powerful criminals get to their lofty heights by starting from the bottom and doing dirty work for others - but generally for other criminals and not cops or federal agents, even corrupt ones. If anything involves criminals doing dirty work for government people, that would involve corrupt politicians, not cops or federal agents. A corrupt politicians might need criminals to do their dirty work to keep them in power, while maintaining the image of a law-abiding, public servant. Corrupt cops and federal agents are normally just regular employed workers who want a nice bit extra on the side to bump up their incomes, they are not interested in leading double lives as criminal masterminds. 

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

The cops. I know there has been a fair amount of griping about them but I don't have much problem with the way they spawn or how they can home in on you with no realistic way of knowing where you are. The thing that breaks immersion somewhat for me is how I can drive anywhere and at any speed and they do nothing. Or ram cars all day and as long as I don't repeatedly pick on the same car I can do this with impunity. But I can get a wanted level just standing near someone or getting rammed by them during a chase that didn't involve me. Also, after losing them, I can drive the same chewed up, bullet riddled car they were just chasing right past cop cars that haven't despawned yet and get no reaction. I make allowances because it's just a game but it's kinda funny sometimes how they ignore you for some things and overreact for others.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The friendship thing got dumbed down because it was annoying in GTA IV when people are calling you all the time wanting to go bowling or get drunk. It got old very fast.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

The friendship thing got dumbed down because it was annoying in GTA IV when people are calling you all the time wanting to go bowling or get drunk. It got old very fast.

It didn't need to be dumbed down to the point of being pointless. I liked the rewards the friends gave in GTA IV.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

-Speaking of which, why is hanging out gotten so dumbed down? Yeah, I like the fact that your friends won't bother you about going bowling every five minutes, but now there is no incentive to hang out with your friends since they don't have any special abilities or perks to speak of. It's completely pointless now and it might as well not even be there.

Some people are just never happy. 

"We don't like having to hang out with friends, it's pointless and the rewards aren't very good" - GTA IV.

"Hanging out with friends in GTA IV was better" - GTA V. 

MAKE YOUR f*ckING MINDS UP, PEOPLE. 

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

-Speaking of which, why is hanging out gotten so dumbed down? Yeah, I like the fact that your friends won't bother you about going bowling every five minutes, but now there is no incentive to hang out with your friends since they don't have any special abilities or perks to speak of. It's completely pointless now and it might as well not even be there.

"We don't like having to hang out with friends, it's pointless and the rewards aren't very good" - GTA IV.

You clearly didn't read that through.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

You clearly didn't read that through.

Paraphrase:

par·a·phrase (pr-frz)
n.
1. A restatement of a text or passage in another form or other words, often to clarify meaning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users