63 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

There are some things in the game that I just don't get such as:

-Why can't Michael hang out with Tracey? What, can't a guy have some father-daughter time?

-Why can't Michael go on an actual date with Amanda? Can't a man get a booty call from his own wife?

-Why is Trevor only able to hang out with anyone other than the protagonists? I would have thought he would be able to hang out with Ron, Wade, and Chef.

-Speaking of which, why is hanging out gotten so dumbed down? Yeah, I like the fact that your friends won't bother you about going bowling every five minutes, but now there is no incentive to hang out with your friends since they don't have any special abilities or perks to speak of. It's completely pointless now and it might as well not even be there.

-You can't play tennis as Franklin. Why not? Because he's black? Come on.

-Trevor can't purchase the airport. Even though the other two can and he's the pilot.

-The fact that you lose a purchased car forever if it's destroyed, but a plane or a helicopter will always respawn. Why?

-Many of the things that are exclusive to online but not in SP, even when there is no reason for it. But that's been discussed to death, so I won't go into too much detail here.

These are some of the things about GTA V that just bugged me. I just can't figure out these design choices.

Discuss.

• AndrewDeSanta, DeafMetal, ThroatSlasher2 and 3 others like this

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Prepare to be called an idiot by hardcore fanboys
  • theGTAking101, Vic 2.0 and AlexL like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by Ermac., 28 November 2013 - 05:15 PM.

In regards to Trevor not being able to purchase a hangar at LSX, it's because he owns the Sandy Shores airstrip after Nervous Ron. You basically get both a hangar and a helipad for free for Trevor, so being able to buy both again as him would be pointless.

Another thing to note, why the hell can't we choose the color of the helicopters and planes we buy?

• KiiWiiDeee and JustOneMonth like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Prepare to be called an idiot by hardcore fanboys

Yeah. That sort of comes with making topics like this.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Preapare to have all your examples ANSWERED by hardcore fanboys on WHY WE COULDNT have those things oh and god have mercy on you if you reply to them back...
  • Ermacs and theGTAking101 like this

PlayboiX™
  • PlayboiX™

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Why did Michael change only his family's last names when he faked his death and went into hiding?

I never understood that. Made it sooooo easy for Trevor (or anyone else for that matter ) to track him down
  • Midnightz likes this

Soomersault
  • Soomersault

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

About the michael-amanda thing, I think the answer to your question is "no, married people dont have sex".
Its just realism!

;)
  • Death2Drugs, Ewok626 and LubeMan like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

-Why is Trevor only able to hang out with anyone other than the protagonists? I would have thought he would be able to hang out with Ron, Wade, and Chef.

He can also hang out with Lamar and Jimmy.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 28 November 2013 - 06:42 PM.

Why can't you enter businesses you purchased, even the Tequi-la-la even though it has an interior (as revealed in a Strangers and Freaks mission)? Considering how good nightlife was in TBOGT, they didn't put much effort into it here.

• Lisha, theGTAking101 and Bonnano like this

MrMundey
  • MrMundey

Gentlemen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

After you have hotwired a car you magically have the key for it.

• Midnightz and theGTAking101 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

@MrMundey

That problem was in IV too.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by lol232, 28 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

1.I wouldn't have cared so much about that, I doubt Tracey would like to hang out with her dad.

2. I agree with that, but it doesn't bother me.

3. What about Jimmy and Lamar?

4. I completely agree with that, but It's not so pointless considering it's needed for the 100% completion. You also get to know more about the characters.

5. I don't really care about that.

6. Trevor already has his own Airport.

7. I don't purchase cars, I just save the unique ones, but it pisses me off that the aircrafts can't be removed.

8. I can agree on that, but there are a lot of SP things unavailable in MP (WILDLIFE, stun gun, hiding in the bushes, etc)

Ashwulf
  • Ashwulf

Beer Tester

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

How did you come to that crappy conclusion? I might as well chip in and say, why don't Trevor and Michael have a dog? because they're white?

Oh look, you dropped your race card. Best not leave home without it.

• G.S.T and TimelyMeerkat like this

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by Emmi, 28 November 2013 - 07:18 PM.

I remember parts of the worlds first preview in the Gameinformer magazine back in November 2012.

Dan Houser promised unique hobbies for each of the three characters - Franklin was supposed to be the adrenaline type of person, etc.

Now as recent discoveries show, lots of stuff has been cut before release - like Basketball, Air Hockey, Bowling, Pool, Drug Dealing, Drag Races, Burger Shot, Gym, Cluckin' Bell, etc.

I believe Dan Houser thought that the game was going to be WAY bigger in terms of content and stuff to do besides the story back in the days of 2012.

Franklin's special minigame would have been Basketball I suppose.

There's so much map icons that have been discovered from the game files that simply didn't make it into the game. I'm sure it wasn't because the consoles couldn't handle it - BECAUSE THEY CAN HANDLE IT - it was because R* ran out of time, they ran out of f****ing time.

R* should have delayed the game for another six months or even a year to get the coding for all the planned minigames finished. Now we have Tennis and Yoga, Yoga!!! I still don't believe they cut stuff like Basketball, Bowling, Pool, Air Hockey, Gym, etc. for Yoga.

Unbelievable R*, unbelievable - my only wish now is that all of the mentioned stuff above and more comes in BIG future singleplayer DLC.

• KING2dor, yonatan755, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

@Emmi

The nature of Icons seem very Beta-ish, those were probably left-overs from IV.

Conservative
  • Conservative

CC Movement

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I like how the game has interiors that you can only use once...

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

1.I wouldn't have cared so much about that, I doubt Tracey would like to hang out with her dad.

2. I agree with that, but it doesn't bother me.

3. What about Jimmy and Lamar?

4. I completely agree with that, but It's not so pointless considering it's needed for the 100% completion. You also get to know more about the characters.

5. I don't really care about that.

6. Trevor already has his own Airport.

7. I don't purchase cars, I just save the unique ones, but it pisses me off that the aircrafts can't be removed.

8. I can agree on that, but there are a lot of SP things unavailable in MP (WILDLIFE, stun gun, hiding in the bushes, etc)

1. Jimmy doesn't really want to hang out with his dad either, yet he still can.

3. Really? I've never noticed that you could call them. Still it's a bit lame that the people he can hang out with are the same as Franklin's.

6. But later in the game he usually spawns a Los Santos, making his own airport very far away.

7. I think that the system for aircrafts (they spawn back after being destroyed) should have been used for the cars you bought. Or at least they could have implemented the insurance system from Online.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

1. Well if she was my daughter, I'd be glad to not be hanging out with that bitch.

2. They hate each other, and she won't put out for Michael, poor guy.

3. Rockstar didn't want them to be friends I suppose, especially since they are pretty minor characters.

4. They probably put it in for people who like doing friend activities, but otherwise, nobody has to do it and it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

5. They forgot about it, maybe.

6. Trevor has his own airstrip out in the desert.

7. Another thing they forgot about.

8. This is something that baffles me, I wish you could do all the online stuff in single-player.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Why can't I get any cannabis from "smoke on the water"??

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

-You can't play tennis as Franklin. Why not? Because he's black?

Yes, yes that is EXACTLY why.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

• why do our cars explode if they fall on anything but their wheels, even if it is from low heights?
  • why are almost all interiors enterable during missions now closed off even though 50% of the fans bitched for more interiors?
  • why can't I revv my car without unrealistic consequences?
  • why can't I pull a fluid J-turn?
  • why can't I buy safehouses in SP even though it was advertized that way?
  • why can't I buy stocks in Online?
  • why were so many cars from IV that would fit the "SoCal vibe"-- terribly executed btw -- cut like the Super Drop Diamond of Faction?
  • why are it's fans so hardcore that they get butt hurt when something negative is said? :sly:
  • yonatan755, theGTAking101, Vic 2.0 and 3 others like this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why can I insure my car online but not in single player?

Annoys the f*cking sh*t out of me. Get out of car. Walk 3 ft. Turn around. Car is gone.

rip 

• Mr. Sleepy likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Why can I insure my car online but not in single player?

Annoys the f*cking sh*t out of me. Get out of car. Walk 3 ft. Turn around. Car is gone.

rip 

Well at least you can retrieve it from a repo garage, that's a slight improvement over past games.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

- Preparations for the Blitz Play heist requires you to steal two vehicles, park another vehicle as a getaway ride, buy masks and boiler suits to wear. Then when the heist begins, Franklin and Michael are suddenly freely handed fully modified machine guns to use, while Trevor gets himself a rocket launcher. Prior to this point, these weapons weren't available to purchase at ammunition either. Why therefor are we tasked in retrieving only some of the materials and equipments needed for the heist, but not the rest/ the expensive high caliber weaponry?

- Speaking of which, the heavy machine gun used in in Blitz Play is the M249. The other heavy machine gun featured in the game, the MG, is not only unlocked for purchase much later in the campaign, but is also weaker than the M249, which was given freely! So what's the point of the MG?

- The Paleto Bay Heist took place mostly because Michael and Trevor did not had the monetary resources needed for Haines to purchase the equipment necessary for the Humane Research Lab break-in, which was suggested to be around three million dollars. It's entirely possible for both protagonists at that point in the game to Have that sum of money -by completing story missions and performing Lester's stock market rigging no less- needed to purchase the equipment and not needed in pulling the Paleto Bay heist at all, unless the thrill of the life-risking heist is a much better option than simply 'giving away' their personal income.

- Michael, Trevor and Franklin can meet and hang out together as friends long before the story mission that unites all three characters together -and introduces Franklin to Trevor- ever takes place.

- Sometimes while progressing through the story, you can call your contacts as well as hang-out friends, for a phone conversation that relates to the plot's progression. If you do this with a hang-out friend, and then call him/her again afterwards asking to 'hang out' this time around, they'll respond negatively by saying "we just met", as if, you can't both call and talk to a person before arrange an actual meeting.

- You can not play darts if hanging out with two friends at the same time. Yet all three of you Can play golf together!

- LifeInvader doesn't have a 'search user' function. Instead you'll have to wait until one of the plot related characters sends you a message before you get to check their own profile and read their other comments.

Spoiler

• Ermacs likes this

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

--- MrMundey ---

"After you have hotwired a car you
magically have the key for it."

I never noticed that, it's hilarious though :)

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Discuss.

So are you suggesting R* is organisationally racist? 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Discuss.

So are you suggesting R* is organisationally racist? 

At least they didn't make Franklin sink like a brick everytime he entered the water. :O

• blakeney likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

-Many of the things that are exclusive to online but not in SP, even when there is no reason for it. But that's been discussed to death, so I won't go into too much detail here.

can someone explain me what are this exclusive things we get online that we dont get in SP...

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

@Emmi

The nature of Icons seem very Beta-ish, those were probably left-overs from IV.

Can you post a link to these beta stuff please?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

+1

These little things are major annoyances to immersion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users