Car Tires Effects (QUESTION/HELP?)

100 replies to this topic
TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Only difference I know is that when I put off-road on my Sultan, it wouldn't drift at all.

Could be placebo, but the last time I put sport tires on it, that stupid car was too slippery.

Eh. If you want to test this, just go really fast on a Sultan and suddenly turn. Keep driving for a full 5 seconds then just turn. Test with all tires if you have to.

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

It has been suggested amongst some circles that the tires are purely for aesthetic purposes and that any perceived difference is simply a placebo effect. I for one feel that off road tires do make a difference, but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a punt on it lads.

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

It seems Tuner tires is better for drifting with Sports better for traction? Not sure.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 11 January 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Okay I have read up on car tires in gta 5, I have seen videos of people testing off road tires vs sport ect. Off road seems to help off road a little bit...

However I cant get a clear view on these....Which tires are better and what does each kind do?

All I read about them is unofficial and could be rumors, but I would like to know if what I hear is true.

I hear off road tires give a tiny bit of better climbing power on offroad.

I hear high end and lowrider tires are all for show and do nothing

I hear muscle car tires have better traction.

As for the other categories I havnt heard a thing about them.

Can someone help me clear this up and just post below the effects of each tire type if they have any?

I think people need to differentiate between wheels and tires. There are a bunch of different wheels under several different categories. There are really only three, maybe four, different tires

1.) The stock street tires that come on most cars

2.) The stock off-road tires that come on most off-road vehicles
2.) Off-road wheels with off-road tires

3.) Custom tires

Granted, Off-Road is a wheel type, but it's obvious that the tires are different. The only time I noticed any kind of difference driving on-road with off-road tires was on Christmas when everything is covered in snow. And there are people that will dispute that. As far as purchasing High End vs Sports vs SUV wheels, it's the wheel that's being changed, not the tires. The only option you have for changing tires, is to buy bullet-proof and/or custom tires. It's the tires that affect grip/feel/ etc., not the wheels or the wheel type.

EDIT: The official strategy guide makes no reference to wheel types affecting/improving handling in any way, but it does list the improvements for all other mod types...

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

EDIT: The official strategy guide makes no reference to wheel types affecting/improving handling in any way, but it does list the improvements for all other mod types...

That guide isnt useful, it hardly mentions the real things people want to know. From testing I do notice a difference between some tire types as others have already reported in. It seems R* just forgot to mention this one....just like they never mentioned all the car stats in that guide.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:28 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 11 January 2014 - 04:28 PM.

this difference people claim to notice

how come there's nothing in the code about this?

people discovered all these hidden stats about traction and whatnot and nowhere did any1 find anything concerning wheels or tires affecting any of em

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

people discovered all these hidden stats about traction and whatnot and nowhere did any1 find anything concerning wheels or tires affecting any of em

who says there is none? people just didnt post about it, doesnt mean there isnt an effect

Cobra N
  • Cobra N

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by Cobra N, 12 January 2014 - 01:10 PM.

Just a note, look at the tread pattern for custom tires, they are different for each wheel class, so each wheel class is equipping specific custom tires.

I can tell some difference on some tire types, especially muscle which makes the car much slidey-er.

So I still think tires DO have an effect.  It may be subtle, but I'm sure they do.

I may do a test and pick a car, run each type of tire and do a race with each and see what I discover.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 12 January 2014 - 03:24 PM.

DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:DerpCat, on 12 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 11 Jan 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:

who says there is none? people just didnt post about it, doesnt mean there isnt an effect

well the burden of proof lies with the person who makes the claim

if you claim there's a difference you're the one requiring proof

it's like saying there's a pink unicorn who lives in the sky and is secretly ruling the world

you can't prove there isn't one, so i'm right

see the flaw in that logic?

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crushing your hopes & dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

The tire thing is most likely the placebo effect. the tires are for appearance purposes only. 

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:51 AM Edited by DerpCat, 15 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

well the burden of proof lies with the person who makes the claim

if you claim there's a difference you're the one requiring proof

it's like saying there's a pink unicorn who lives in the sky and is secretly ruling the world

you can't prove there isn't one, so i'm right

see the flaw in that logic?

Well here is the flaw in your logic....As the posts saying there is a difference have shown proof of this. I even posted a video, you need to disprove it as I have shown my evidence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users