• DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

the video only shows stock tyres and off road tyres

it can imply off road tyres are better for off road

it can also imply stock tyres are sh*t

but doesnt prove anything about off road tyres are better for off road as compared to other types other than stock

would be more interesting if other types of tyres are being compared

then perhaps we all have an answer

The stock tires are SPORTS tires. So it was sports vs off road.

oh is it?

then perhaps u can write to rockstar and find out if there any diff

then update us

would be a great service done by you

and great info for us, the fellow gtao gamers

Stock tires are located under the type of car they are on. So yeah it should be sports vs off road.

As for writing to rockstar with questions....rockstar doesnt even read its own bug report tickets, even after 6 phone calls about them they still put out replies that have nothing to do with the ticket as they dont even read them. I doubt they can zip of their own pants without 3 weeks of delay and help from a team of 20 rockstar officials.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

bump

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

bumpy

timebombking
  • timebombking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

high-end = standard
off-road = standard
muscle = standard 
tuner = standard 

ALL IN ALL, ITS ONLY COSMETIC!

why do stupid people, keep making hype about this??

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

high-end = standard
off-road = standard
muscle = standard 
tuner = standard 

ALL IN ALL, ITS ONLY COSMETIC!

why do stupid people, keep making hype about this??

Look at page 1 on the car wheel test......now try to tell me how its all the same. Go ahead, try idiot.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

bump

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yeah this has been gone over and mostly it's people claiming they don't make a difference.

I disagree... Try to make turns in High End then switch to Muscle tires making the same turns.

Put HighEnd or Sports if your racing.

Put other sh*t like Muscle on if you wanna drift in freeroam or something.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by dannybohy, 02 December 2013 - 04:48 PM.

It doesn't really matter ... just make sure they're bulletproof

Yes. And not custom

CUSTOM TYRES RULEZ!! They makes you go fast and you can climb vertical walls!!

Really, tyres are only cosmetic

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

It matters for me, I hear some tires have better traction for tighter turns and can climb offroad better......i just want to make sure what I have been reading is true or not and if so what effects each has.

I don't know about different tires for performance, but what I do know is, with sports wheels on a mountain in wet weather, it's near impossible to drive, without spinning out. Even at the lowest speed. So many it does, as the offroad trucks tend to stay on the dirt better, it's an easy explanation.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by DerpCat, 02 December 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Yeah this has been gone over and mostly it's people claiming they don't make a difference.

I disagree... Try to make turns in High End then switch to Muscle tires making the same turns.

Put HighEnd or Sports if your racing.

So wait, you think muscle car ties let you slide or something?

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by Jyra, 02 December 2013 - 06:20 PM.

So wait, you think muscle car ties let you slide or something?

I didn't test it just going by what others tested and reported... I put High End or Sports on my cars; bifta has offroad and exmplar has suv  (will test this tonight cuz that thing handles like a sh*t brick to begin with).

I didn't like offroad on the Sultan, seemed to dog her more on the road... 

Offroad tires on the Corquette worked well though when I had it.

Tuner I think slide too...

It might be our f*cking imagination too..

Things people are missing:

Stock wheels don't share the same physical appearance of the rubber part of the tire as the non-stock wheels in the same class (highend/sports/etc).... who the f*ck knows if that makes a difference...

Someone rape through the game files to find definitive proof of Weight/Tires/DownForceTail being used in any way... only way we'll know... it's like proving god if it doesn't exist tho

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

You have an awesome imagination, but it makes no difference what wheels you put on

LubeMan
  • LubeMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

After putting muscle tires on my Elegy, I had to learn how to drive it again. Definitely hugs the corners better now.

Car Collector
  • Car Collector

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Car Collector, 02 December 2013 - 08:27 PM.

The only tire I can speak for is the off-road.

Put them on my sultan since day one. A few days ago I change the tires to high end to make the car look better. Went off road and notice a difference when climbing mountains.

So from my experience the off-road tires do give a little bit more traction on the dirt roads.
  • SecludedMemory likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

After putting muscle tires on my Elegy, I had to learn how to drive it again. Definitely hugs the corners better now.

odd, others are saying muscle slides more....hm. We realy need some good test on this...

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

I offroad a lot.  A whooooole lot.

And that video doesn't really make a point because the sample size is so small.  He used a very good car to begin with.

This game includes a specific bar, called a traction bar.  You will notice that traction bar doesnt move at all  when you customize your vehicle and look at the list in your garage.

Which the argument for the Sandking, is it has stock off road tires.  LARGE ones at that, and it makes great power, the problem is that R* decided it was to cursed with a low traction stat.  Which is why it is very ineffective at offroading unless you are water fording, or dune hopping.  The traction stat is also what gives prevalence to the stupid crap that is a sports car, clawing its way up a mountain side, no matter what tires are on it, same with sports bikes.

The top 3 super cars all have phenominal traction stats, the highest in the game, and as such, they will always out climb any of the trucks.

I wish they had carried over the way the cars behaved from IV. With a bit of tweaking to remove the extreme body roll.  Because cars in IV had mass, they had traction without having a skewed stat to determine whether it was a faggio or a entity.  You could grab an suv and plow through traffic like they were children in line at the store, now, you can barely even push a blista compact out of your way, or even plow a cop car out from in front of you as they do that stupid get in front and slam on the brakes crap.

Rockstar took no heed on the concept of gearing, ground clearance, approach, departure, or even the fact that when climbing a hill your car constantly wants to shift into the higher gear which causes you to lose momentum.

Point of all this being, offroad vehicles in this game should do one thing extremely well, and that's offroad, and frankly, they dont.  With non existant 4x4, couple with the traction coefficient they modeled in, supers and sports will always outclimb everything else.  Period.

The Sandking and the MW mesa are outfitted for offroad prowess, and they both fall flat on their faces when confronted with an environment one would use them in like their real life counter parts would be.

/rant.

The tires, while maybe making a small difference, it isnt' noticeable enough on all applications.  Like you should be able to drastically change the characteristics of a vehicles handling with a different tire package, and it just doesnt happen significantly enough.

• Ermacs likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

The tires, while maybe making a small difference, it isnt' noticeable enough on all applications.  Like you should be able to drastically change the characteristics of a vehicles handling with a different tire package, and it just doesnt happen significantly enough.

But it does happen, I just wish to know the effects not just for off roading but for fast turns as well. Also 4x4 does exist, trevers truck has it. Just drive it at any wall or get it stuck off the ground and the front wheels move as well.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

besides buying bulletproof tires (they're a must), all the other tires do is just customize the look of your car by changing the tire smoke it doesn't effect traction.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

CUSTOM TYRES RULEZ!! They makes you go fast and you can climb vertical walls!!

Really, tyres are only cosmetic

WHAT? REALLY? omg I need to buy those for all my cars now

timebombking
  • timebombking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Tires have no effect on any vehicle stats.

if you tried using sport tires, then switching to tuner/off road. you will see that there is NO difference

TUNER=OFF-RAOD=HIGH-END=SPORT=TUNER=MUSCLE

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

You guys are going through all of this for what really lol. It isn't that serious. The tires don't have an effect they are just for looks. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

You guys are going through all of this for what really lol. It isn't that serious. The tires don't have an effect they are just for looks. 

I misread your username as "tyremaster" and was about to ask you the same thing.  :D

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

besides buying bulletproof tires (they're a must), all the other tires do is just customize the look of your car by changing the tire smoke it doesn't effect traction.

Prove it. I posted a gta 5 video that shows they have en effect, prove me wrong.

SK1NJ0B
  • SK1NJ0B

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes. And not custom

Why not custom?

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

But it does happen, I just wish to know the effects not just for off roading but for fast turns as well. Also 4x4 does exist, trevers truck has it. Just drive it at any wall or get it stuck off the ground and the front wheels move as well.

No, 4x4 does not exist.  What you are seeing is the front tires move, but they dont have anything to do with traction.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

I'm telling you.  Take your truck, get it high centered so the back wheels are completely in the air, and punch the gas.  Even if the front wheels spin, they don't do jack squat.   

My Patriot's front wheels spin occasionally, like when stuck against something, or when the back tires are off the ground, but they don't pull the vehicle.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

I race a lot. More than anything in the game. It is my belief that tires don't matter.

I have muscle car tires on my sandking, it still climbs hills like a beast. I have low rider tires on the shafter and oracle, and I still smoke people in races.

All for looks I think. Just my opinion.

Ebouc
  • Ebouc

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

OK, now I can't say anything conclusive but I read this somewhere

Off Road....bad on roads great in fields
Tuner....average road hugging..bad off road
High End....great road grip...terrible off road
Muscle...bad grip...meant for drifting
Sport....average all around.

I can say my RH8 had terrible control. Fish tailing like crazy and no fun to drive. I read that info...took it to LSC and was surprised to see it had Muscle tires. Threw Sports tires on it and found control greatly improved. Maybe my imagination but I really think there is a difference and I for one will follow it.
Just my 2¢

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

OK, now I can't say anything conclusive but I read this somewhere

Off Road....bad on roads great in fields
Tuner....average road hugging..bad off road
High End....great road grip...terrible off road
Muscle...bad grip...meant for drifting
Sport....average all around.

I can say my RH8 had terrible control. Fish tailing like crazy and no fun to drive. I read that info...took it to LSC and was surprised to see it had Muscle tires. Threw Sports tires on it and found control greatly improved. Maybe my imagination but I really think there is a difference and I for one will follow it.
Just my 2¢

Interesting.....

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

bump

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

I changed the wheels on my phoenix today from import tuner to stock so so i could glitch the wheel color of the stock wheel and make it gold like the bandit snowflakes and i don't notice a difference in handling with the stock wheels back on it.

tuner wheels

0_0.jpg

stock wheels

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users