Photo

Have you ever been in jail?

39 replies to this topic
celtic28
  • celtic28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yes have been in prison in England. Got a 2 year sentence for GBH. Because I was 20 when I got sentenced I did the first 4 months in Young Offenders and then got transferred to another prison to do the rest.

Like Southland said I was really worried about it before I went in. I had been arrested a good bit before and had done overnights before but nothing serious enough to get locked up for. Getting a long enough sentence gave me time to think about what I had been like and that I needed to try and change.

Interested to hear about what it was like in Spain and I would say it is like that here too. I have a few questions Southland if that's OK.

Were you in a young offenders prison or a prison with every age?

Did you have to work or go to classes or could you just sit around?

Did you have to wear prison clothes or your own?

Did you have to do teh full sentence or do you get time off for good behaviour there too?

What were the guards like? 

Were you allowed smoke in there?

Were there any English/Irish or foreigners there with you?

I can post more about my own time if anybody is interested.

• SouthLand likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by SouthLand, 02 December 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Yes have been in prison in England. Got a 2 year sentence for GBH. Because I was 20 when I got sentenced I did the first 4 months in Young Offenders and then got transferred to another prison to do the rest.

Like Southland said I was really worried about it before I went in. I had been arrested a good bit before and had done overnights before but nothing serious enough to get locked up for. Getting a long enough sentence gave me time to think about what I had been like and that I needed to try and change.

Interested to hear about what it was like in Spain and I would say it is like that here too. I have a few questions Southland if that's OK.

Were you in a young offenders prison or a prison with every age?

Did you have to work or go to classes or could you just sit around?

Did you have to wear prison clothes or your own?

Did you have to do teh full sentence or do you get time off for good behaviour there too?

What were the guards like? 

Were you allowed smoke in there?

Were there any English/Irish or foreigners there with you?

I can post more about my own time if anybody is interested.

Hello, celtic28

I am interested in your experience in jail if you wish to explain how it was in England please feel free

Now back to your questions:

1. I was arrested June 19th 2010 six days after my 18th birthday. So I was treated like an adult and sent on June 23rd 2010 to prison where mostly there were people of all ages from 21-60. Although I was the youngest, there had been cases of kids my age sentenced to go to that prison. Most kids when they are 18 if they don’t have a record they don’t go to Prison but are forced to pay a big fine or community service (except for murder, rape and other big charges). Since I had a record I was sentenced to Prison.

2.  In prison you are not forced to work or don any activities if you don’t want to, however, most inmates sign up since there is nothing to do most of the time. If you sign up for work, you get paid and if you get paid you can buy stuff at the kiosk they open every Wednesday and Friday. Plus, working and signing for activities helps if you ask for a Probation time or getting your sentence in jail reduced.

3. In Spain there is no outfit like the ones you see on American Movies where everybody is wearing orange. Most people in Spain wear tracksuits because it’s very comfortable and it helps during the winter. Most of the clothing I had where brought by my mom and sister.

4. I was sentenced to a year in prison for assault and I only stayed 8 months in jail. The reason was because I behaved well and I didn’t have any incident or fight with another inmate. Once a I week you have to go to a Psychologist and he analyzes you just to check how are you going. If you ask to get your sentence reduced, you get into a room with the psychologist, a guard, the prison director and other guys. You get questions asked and depending on how they see you, you get out early or you do not. I will always remember when I was put into the room when I asked for my sentence to be reduced; they asked me “What are you going to do when you get out?” I replied “Hug my mother as hard as I can and ask her to forgive me for all I done.” I did burst into tears because I really wanted to be with my family and not only 30 min in a small room.

5.  In Spain if you want to have NO problem at all with the guards there is three rules you have to follow: NEVER be weak, ALWAYS do what they tell you and NEVER trust them.
If you do what they tell you, you will never have any problems, however, if they tell you to do something which it’s unfair stay strong and fight for your rights because if you don’t they’ll assume you are a weak guy and take advantage of you. There are three types of guards I had in my prison

-The Bully:
This type of guard is an as*hole who thinks just because he has power he can do whatever he wants. The best thing to do is to try to avoid him and show him you are a strong man and you will not be his dog if he makes you do something unethical.

-The dealer:
This type of guard is the guy who likes to make a bit more money than what he is payed. He is the one who sells drugs to inmates and also cell phones. He acts like a loan shark and can get you into a lot of trouble if you don’t pay him.

-The cool guard:

This type of guard is the best because he cares about the inmates. He is the one who spends time with the inmates talking about football or politics or even shares with you his newspaper.

6) Smoking is permitted and also, on Wednesdays and Fridays they open a kiosk on the court downstairs where they sell food, snacks, tobacco and magazines.

7) There were foreigners with me but mainly Northern Africans (Morocco mainly) and South Americans. Some “Bully” style guards liked to pick on Moroccans serving them pork sandwiches only even if they knew they couldn’t eat them. English and Irish citizens can be found in prisons mainly in the South of Spain since English/Irish citizens that get imprisoned are basically for smuggling drugs and cigarettes on the Gibraltar-Spanish border but that is extremely rare. Most English/Irish that get into trouble with the cops are usually because they come to Spain they drink to much and they start a fight with other European tourists LOL funny as hell. Maybe they sleep on a cell for the night but that is it.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've been to jail hundreds of times. I even have a nickname... the shoe.

Funny that, my nickname in the joint was 'sock'. I presume an explanation is not required.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I've been arrested in my younger years, but then again who hasn't. I don't plan to ever go to jail.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Only time I've been to jail was when I was being shown around as a pre-teen to scare me into being less of a little twat. It didn't work and I was walked past the cells when being processed earlier this year for arson, which I was cautioned and given an ASBO for.

I've visited a few lads in prison. I've been to Strangeways to visit four or five times.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Thankfully not. I'll admit that if I did end up in prison I wouldn't be too bummed about it, my life now is nothing special anyway. If I got a 20+ year sentence I'd definitely try to bust out and go on the run for some time, I'd f*cking love that rush.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 03 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Thankfully not. I'll admit that if I did end up in prison I wouldn't be too bummed about it, my life now is nothing special anyway. If I got a 20+ year sentence I'd definitely try to bust out and go on the run for some time, I'd f*cking love that rush.

And I assure you you'd be bummed about it after you were sentenced and transferred.

And of course, you'd probably be bummed.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

And I assure you you'd be bummed about it after you were sentenced and transferred.

Jail has it's good side (you learn a lesson) but also, it has it's bad side (What you see inside changes you forever)

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Jail has it's good side (you learn a lesson) but also, it has it's bad side (What you see inside changes you forever)
Don't mistake jail with prison.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Don't mistake jail with prison.

Why did you get arrested?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users