Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else think Three Leaf Clover Outshines all the Heists In V?

234 replies to this topic
TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Then there are the immense story problems created by this heist. First of all, it introduces some real plot holes in the whole Roman gambling / kidnapped / overspending theme which is a massive part of IV's story. You get Niko complaining about money and Roman gambling his way into debt when Niko just robbed a f*cking bank two hours ago and has $300k sitting in his wallet that he hasn't spent because of the non-existent economy in the game. There are some many plot threads and lines of dialogue particularly the ones during transit which seem to talk of money woes and completely ignore TLC. 

I've always felt like GTA IV should've had some sort of money deduction system to coincide with Roman's gambling problems. Like say every week 10k should've been deducted and if Niko couldn't pay Roman got beaten or something.

• Mcquiz, QuietJosh and Zello like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Then there are the immense story problems created by this heist. First of all, it introduces some real plot holes in the whole Roman gambling / kidnapped / overspending theme which is a massive part of IV's story. You get Niko complaining about money and Roman gambling his way into debt when Niko just robbed a f*cking bank two hours ago and has $300k sitting in his wallet that he hasn't spent because of the non-existent economy in the game. There are some many plot threads and lines of dialogue particularly the ones during transit which seem to talk of money woes and completely ignore TLC. 

I've always felt like GTA IV should've had some sort of money deduction system to coincide with Roman's gambling problems. Like say every week 10k should've been deducted and if Niko couldn't pay Roman got beaten or something.

That's probably a good idea, although to be honest I think it would have been better if those parts of the story were either completely redone or just scrapped altogether. It just seemed to create a lot of problems in my opinion for the rest of the tale, it created a few inconsistencies and damaged the otherwise strong story. Though I should be fair and admit that every GTA game has some little nuance like that somewhere in it's story. 

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 07 December 2013 - 03:36 AM.

It outshines the majority. After completing that mission the second time when I played through with auto-save turned off (I had a save just prior to triggering that mission), I kept reloading the game every now and again. The Jewellery and Paleto scores were the best heists in GTA V and the shootout with the mini-gun was like a step in the right direction. For me, that particular heist is on par with Three Leaf and Breaking The Bank At Caligula's.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Coming to think about it I think GTA V would've been better if the whole story was building up to one epic heist rather than several smaller ones. Although Three Leaf Clover was out of the blue the reason people remember and are so fondly of it is because there's nothing like it in the story and I think it comes at a critical point of the story being in the middle as well.

If I could re-write GTA V's story I wouldn't make it about a series of heists rather I would just make it about one. I just feel these set up tasks in GTA V are really repetitive and each heist feels a bit like a grind because of it.

IMO the story is too short to accommodate six heists.

• Cornholio83 and Zello like this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by lol232, 19 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Yep, but the Paleto Score comes close though, especially if you chose Packie for the heist.
He mentions the 'Three Leaf Clover' and then in the shootout he says 'I wish I had these suits 5 years ago, I can tell you that!' and even 'NOOSE? I missed those guys!'.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yep, but the Paleto Score comes close though, especially if you chose Packie from the heist.
He mentions the 'Three Leaf Clover' and then in the shootout he says 'I wish I had these suits 5 years ago, I can tell you that!' and even 'NOOSE? I missed those guys!'.

I never heard either of these two quote before actually? But I'll take your word on it considering how much he talks about the Bank of Liberty Heist when he's asked about it.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yep, but the Paleto Score comes close though, especially if you chose Packie from the heist.

I never heard either of these two quote before actually? But I'll take your word on it considering how much he talks about the Bank of Liberty Heist when he's asked about it.

Yep, i can confirm. I replayed the mission last night with Packie as crew member and he mentioned those quotes.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Three Leaf C;lover was the best mission in GTA 4 but compared to the big score obvious approach, NAH. that mission was just epic

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

I prefer V's heists over IV's Three Leaf Clover. Think about it, V's heists make you feel more "involved" with different choices, planning the whole thing, etc.

On the other hand, "Three Leaf Clover" was really blunt, with Niko walking into Packie's house, Packie asking him if he wanted to rob a bank, and Niko agreeing.

I honestly got tired of planning the heists.

"Get getaway vehicle and park it in secluded location, steal <insert here> and take it back to X". Rinse and repeat. 

And it never told you where a good hiding place for the stored vehicle was either. I had to drive half way across the map once just to get to a getaway vehicle.... wtf? why could we not access Taliana Martinez earlier? Problem solved for all get away vehicles.

I thought heist planning was kind of stupid too, but I still enjoyed heists more overall than any mission on IV. It's just my style. The only complaint I have about V's story is being the governments bitch for most the story, and not getting paid for any of it until the end. That, and Trevor's "Merryweather Heist". Pure gas huffing intelligence on his part... I knew from step one of planning that thing that it would end badly and I would probably loose money from it.

It's been a while since I played IV, but i have to say that V was more enjoyable for me.

Three Leaf C;lover was the best mission in GTA 4 but compared to the big score obvious approach, NAH. that mission was just epic

Agreed. One mission for the entire bank robbing story? lol... no.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

I think it was a great mission which was well thought out and overall, a great experience (especially considering it was a kind of new thing to the GTA series) but I'm not too sure whether I think it was better than the GTA V heists as I, unlike a few who have posted here, really enjoyed the GTA V heists and the setting up missions for them.

For now, I'm not going to agree that it is better than the GTA V heists but I will definitely post back here after replaying GTA IV again.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

I think it was a great mission which was well thought out and overall, a great experience (especially considering it was a kind of new thing to the GTA series) but I'm not too sure whether I think it was better than the GTA V heists as I, unlike a few who have posted here, really enjoyed the GTA V heists and the setting up missions for them.

For now, I'm not going to agree that it is better than the GTA V heists but I will definitely post back here after replaying GTA IV again.

I thought the big score (obvious) was far better, but that is a good mission overall.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Coming to think about it I think GTA V would've been better if the whole story was building up to one epic heist rather than several smaller ones. Although Three Leaf Clover was out of the blue the reason people remember and are so fondly of it is because there's nothing like it in the story and I think it comes at a critical point of the story being in the middle as well.

If I could re-write GTA V's story I wouldn't make it about a series of heists rather I would just make it about one. I just feel these set up tasks in GTA V are really repetitive and each heist feels a bit like a grind because of it.

IMO the story is too short to accommodate six heists.

I fell like some tasks weren't though, like the Submarine, The Paleto score prep, and the The big score (Obvious) were actually fun tasks. The other ones like the FIB one, Blitz Play( which could have been done in one mission), The Big Score ( Subtle) were boring. I guess I can forgive the first one though but the other one no.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by cp1dell, 09 February 2014 - 03:26 AM.

I too felt this way. It could have been 10% of your money every week, like the hospital bills. Gameplay-wise, the player has tons of money. But story-wise, all the money Niko makes is constantly flushed down the toilet.

If we had some deduction system, people would complain about losing money (Just like how you actually lost money, or didn't get money from a heist, sometimes in V).

With no deduction system, some people like to sh*t on IV and say the story made no sense because gameplay-wise you have tons of money.

To answer OP's question, no, I didn't think it out-shined the heists in V. I never understood why people thought it was the greatest heist in any GTA game ever. It was pretty basic to be honest. Then again, I could be forgetting how I felt about it the first time I played it.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

I say it's on par with the Paleto score, but this one takes the cake without a doubt. Wishing a future heist in this game or the next brings back how amazing those two were

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

To answer OP's question, no, I didn't think it out-shined the heists in V. I never understood why people thought it was the greatest heist in any GTA game ever. It was pretty basic to be honest. Then again, I could be forgetting how I felt about it the first time I played it.

To me it's just a classic, no non-sense type of heist. It's pretty much what you think of concerning a bank robbery. Four armed bandits wielding their guns at terrified witnesses, blowing up the vault, grabbing the cash and facing an army of cops/swat whilst trying to get away.

Although I've mentioned this in another thread with Three Leaf Clover you're pretty much left on your own in how you choose to lose the heat. GTA V's heists are noticeably more linear and you don't how any real input how to lose the heat. All you have to do is follow a bunch of scripted scenarios.

Maybe Three Leaf Clover isn't the most involved heist, but then again GTA IV's story isn't about heists like GTA V's is. I think it deserves all the praise it gets really. Three leaf Clover shows you don't need to complicate things by having over elaborate planning and gimmicks (such as the armour used in the Paleto score) to have an enjoyable heist that's straight to the point.
  • Zello likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:51 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 09 February 2014 - 07:53 AM.

"Three Leaf Clover" is up there with the best of them in V, I put it on a par. TLC stood out a bit more though, because, excluding the finale, it was the only really big mission, so it sticks in the mind more. V has a lot of epic scaled missions (not just the heists), so it is harder for one to stand out. "The Paleto Score" is very popular from what I see of other people's posts, and it is great you can take Patrick McReary with you as it instantly evokes memories of TLC. I think that was a great choice by R*.

The other IV missions that tended to stand out for me were "Museum Piece" and "Late Checkout" for Ray, "Blow Your Cover" for Elizabeta, and "To Live and Die in Alderney" for Phil. There are obviously more missions in IV but they tend to be shorter than V, heists or otherwise.

I would put "The Paleto Score", "The Bureau Raid", "The Jewel Store Job", and "The Big Score" all on a par with TLC. However, that's almost like having 7 missions, because you can do three of them two different ways. The way the tension builds in "The Big Score" if you take the subtle approach is brilliant, and that's my favourite, although its a shame you get substantially less money for it because of the bigger crew needed. Other memorable missions for me were "The Wrap Up", "Mr Phillips", "The Crystal Maze", "Fame or Shame" (the mission is simple, the cut scenes are awesome) and "Three's Company", which are all up there with the best in IV for me.

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

in my opinion,nothing passes the paleto bay score where u had juggernaut suits and miniguns blazing police and army

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

The one aspect of Three Leaf Clover which raises it above the heists in V, in my view, is that it's much less scripted and linear. Sure, TLC is scripted up to the point when Niko & Company battle their way to the subway tunnels, but after that, everything that happens is in your hands and you don't have to follow the game's instruction on pain of failing the mission. Look at the heists in V:

(i) Jewellery Store - once the jewels have been taken (whether obvious or subtle), your getaway route is planned and scripted all the way through to the end. You're forced to play through as Franklin and follow the other getaway bikes down the sewer route. Then you switch to Michael in the truck at the canals. How the hell did he get there so fast (beating Franklin on a fast bike) from the store without getting hammered by the cops? The other aspect of the heist that spoils it for me is that despite the police cars during the rest of the game being made out of indestructible Adamantium and weighing at least ten tons (try ramming one in free roam), Michael's truck can easily spin them out and force them aside with barely a nudge - inconsistent and illogical gameplay physics, but we all know that's a major fault in the game.

(ii) Merryweather Heist - everything scripted from the very beginning (subtle and obvious). As in the previous heist, the character switching is forced on you at specific times during the mission and any slight deviation results in mission failure. At least during the Cargo Ship option you can choose to play as or switch between Michael and Franklin, but once you're in the sub as Trevor, you have no way to get to the rendezvous point as M or F, or any idea how they got there.

(iii) Blitz Play - scripted and linear mission all the way from the beginning. You're told where to position the garbage truck, when to switch to F who's already sitting conveniently at the wheel of the breakdown truck and then magically told that T has an rpg to deal with the pesky police chopper which he didn't have before. The firefight is fun, having the freedom to switch between the three at will, but once that's over you're stuck as F once more - go to getaway car and meet up with M & T.

(iv) Paleto Score - once again, you have no free will as to how you're going to get your three characters out of Paleto Bay. From the moment Trevor botches the smooth flow of the job by losing his sh!t (any self respecting crew would never associate themselves with somebody like that, and Mikey should have put a bullet in his brain - or whatever passes for that crack addled piece of grey jelly of a brain - long ago) all the way to the rendezvous with the FIB agents. Why couldn't R* have given yo the freedom to choose your escape route and mode of transportation? Boat? Helicopter?  Anything in addition to just being rescued by the timely arrival of a goods train.

(v) Bureau Raid - whatever you do in this one, both of the approaches are on-the-rails-linear. Your escape is scripted, no need to improvise.

(vi) Big Score - probably the most fun heist in the game, whether you decide to go for the subtle or obvious approach.

• The subtle approach is all too linear, your hand is held throughout, like a child's crossing the street. You WILL play as Franklin during the getaway, you WILL follow the route set by the other vehicles, when it should be Franklin who's leading the chase because he's the best FRICKING driver!!!! Why couldn't R* have given you the rendezvous point with the lorries and the freedom is left up to you as to the best way to get there whilst avoiding the police with your wits and driving skills (which are totally unnecessary considering a five year-old can proficiently handle the driving in the game
  • The obvious approach is slightly better when it comes to freedom of choice. What I fail to completely understand is (a) WHY it is Franklin who has to protect the gunman from the police SWAT teams whilst shifting the crates of gold. The gunman is there for a reason - to deal with the assault teams and protect Franklin, not the other way around, and (b) WHY it is that Michael is doing the getaway driving from the cops, when the whole point of having Franklin on the crew is as a getaway driver. Granted, that you do have the freedom in how you escape the police and which route you take, but why, oh why, do the developers feel the need to handicap your getaway by removing your freedom of choice to use Franklin as the driver?

Rant over. I didn't intend to write so much, but did get slightly carried away. The heists are very enjoyable, I loved doing them, but only in a fingerpaint-by-numbers kind of way and denying you any opportunity to improvise or be inventive in any way whatsover to attempt to make the getaways easier or more challenging. This is a fault of V in general, that you do not have the freedom to mess around with the mission structures the way that you could in IV, without the "Mission Failed" screen popping up.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

The one aspect of Three Leaf Clover which raises it above the heists in V, in my view, is that it's much less scripted and linear. Sure, TLC is scripted up to the point when Niko & Company battle their way to the subway tunnels, but after that, everything that happens is in your hands and you don't have to follow the game's instruction on pain of failing the mission. Look at the heists in V:

(i) Jewellery Store - once the jewels have been taken (whether obvious or subtle), your getaway route is planned and scripted all the way through to the end. You're forced to play through as Franklin and follow the other getaway bikes down the sewer route. Then you switch to Michael in the truck at the canals. How the hell did he get there so fast (beating Franklin on a fast bike) from the store without getting hammered by the cops? The other aspect of the heist that spoils it for me is that despite the police cars during the rest of the game being made out of indestructible Adamantium and weighing at least ten tons (try ramming one in free roam), Michael's truck can easily spin them out and force them aside with barely a nudge - inconsistent and illogical gameplay physics, but we all know that's a major fault in the game.

(ii) Merryweather Heist - everything scripted from the very beginning (subtle and obvious). As in the previous heist, the character switching is forced on you at specific times during the mission and any slight deviation results in mission failure. At least during the Cargo Ship option you can choose to play as or switch between Michael and Franklin, but once you're in the sub as Trevor, you have no way to get to the rendezvous point as M or F, or any idea how they got there.

(iii) Blitz Play - scripted and linear mission all the way from the beginning. You're told where to position the garbage truck, when to switch to F who's already sitting conveniently at the wheel of the breakdown truck and then magically told that T has an rpg to deal with the pesky police chopper which he didn't have before. The firefight is fun, having the freedom to switch between the three at will, but once that's over you're stuck as F once more - go to getaway car and meet up with M & T.

(iv) Paleto Score - once again, you have no free will as to how you're going to get your three characters out of Paleto Bay. From the moment Trevor botches the smooth flow of the job by losing his sh!t (any self respecting crew would never associate themselves with somebody like that, and Mikey should have put a bullet in his brain - or whatever passes for that crack addled piece of grey jelly of a brain - long ago) all the way to the rendezvous with the FIB agents. Why couldn't R* have given yo the freedom to choose your escape route and mode of transportation? Boat? Helicopter?  Anything in addition to just being rescued by the timely arrival of a goods train.

(v) Bureau Raid - whatever you do in this one, both of the approaches are on-the-rails-linear. Your escape is scripted, no need to improvise.

(vi) Big Score - probably the most fun heist in the game, whether you decide to go for the subtle or obvious approach.

• The subtle approach is all too linear, your hand is held throughout, like a child's crossing the street. You WILL play as Franklin during the getaway, you WILL follow the route set by the other vehicles, when it should be Franklin who's leading the chase because he's the best FRICKING driver!!!! Why couldn't R* have given you the rendezvous point with the lorries and the freedom is left up to you as to the best way to get there whilst avoiding the police with your wits and driving skills (which are totally unnecessary considering a five year-old can proficiently handle the driving in the game
  • The obvious approach is slightly better when it comes to freedom of choice. What I fail to completely understand is (a) WHY it is Franklin who has to protect the gunman from the police SWAT teams whilst shifting the crates of gold. The gunman is there for a reason - to deal with the assault teams and protect Franklin, not the other way around, and (b) WHY it is that Michael is doing the getaway driving from the cops, when the whole point of having Franklin on the crew is as a getaway driver. Granted, that you do have the freedom in how you escape the police and which route you take, but why, oh why, do the developers feel the need to handicap your getaway by removing your freedom of choice to use Franklin as the driver?

Rant over. I didn't intend to write so much, but did get slightly carried away. The heists are very enjoyable, I loved doing them, but only in a fingerpaint-by-numbers kind of way and denying you any opportunity to improvise or be inventive in any way whatsover to attempt to make the getaways easier or more challenging. This is a fault of V in general, that you do not have the freedom to mess around with the mission structures the way that you could in IV, without the "Mission Failed" screen popping up.

Three leaf Clover would never be better than the Big Score obvious approach, your rant about this heist seems very pointless. Three Leaf Clover never felt like an involved heist as it was basically a dumb robbery cutscene, isn't this scripted, while the Big Score obvious approach was very involved heist on the other hand, the shootout was also far more epic.

The wanted level you are given at then end of TLC is lackluster because as you are given the wanted level, at the same time you are told to go to packie's ma's house. Isn't this scripted as well. The wanted level just feels pointless. In the Big Score obvious approach you are left at the mercy of a aggressive wanted level that brings the whole city with no perks for your advantage but only your skill. You can also switch to franklin to drive in the getaway too.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

The wanted level you are given at then end of TLC is lackluster because as you are given the wanted level, at the same time you are told to go to packie's ma's house. Isn't this scripted as well. The wanted level just feels pointless. In the Big Score obvious approach you are left at the mercy of a aggressive wanted level that brings the whole city with no perks for your advantage but only your skill. You can also switch to franklin to drive in the getaway too.

Everytime I've done Three Leaf Clover I've never gone straight to Packie's house. I either try to lose them in the subway or try my luck on the streets. It isn't really scripted as you're still given freedom to lose it however you see fit.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Everytime I've done Three Leaf Clover I've never gone straight to Packie's house. I either try to lose them in the subway or try my luck on the streets. It isn't really scripted as you're still given freedom to lose it however you see fit.

I can't say I agree, when you do this kinds of stuff you are supposed to give the wanted level first then after you escape it than you go back to the destination. It just seems so out of place and the wanted level seems so weak you can easily escape it, it's nothing epic compared to the five star wanted level given in the big score obvious approach. That wanted level is much harder and better than the one in TLC.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

nahhhhhhh, now that i think of it TLC was pretty basic, only part i liked about was the shootout in Chinatown, after that it isn't really that amazing. 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

I can't say I agree, when you do this kinds of stuff you are supposed to give the wanted level first then after you escape it than you go back to the destination. It just seems so out of place and the wanted level seems so weak you can easily escape it, it's nothing epic compared to the five star wanted level given in the big score obvious approach. That wanted level is much harder and better than the one in TLC.

I didn't find the 5 star wanted level that hard to escape from. Infact I remember only falling the obvious approach a couple of times during the part where you're lifting the gold with the chopper.

The first time I played GTA IV it took me about 6 goes to get passed Three Leaf Clover, but unlike GTA V's heists (and the whole game in general) there are no skip-able sections and checkpoints. If you screw up it's back to the start.

Even if the obvious approach allows freedom to lose the wanted level your way it still doesn't change the fact that GTA V's heists generally are more scripted and linear than what Three Leaf Clover is, but to be honest GTA V itself feels more linear. There are so many missions where it's impossible to approach it the way you want to. It feels like a corridor shooter in an open world most of the time.

Anyway I like what namor said about the cops in the jewelry store heist. It's stupid how in regular gameplay them and their cars are the GTA equivalent of the Terminator. Even if you use a truck to ram them at speed they'll still drive as good as new yet in this a slight bump is all it takes to incapacitate them. It's retarded.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 01:08 PM.

I didn't find the 5 star wanted level that hard to escape from. Infact I remember only falling the obvious approach a couple of times during the part where you're lifting the gold with the chopper.

The first time I played GTA IV it took me about 6 goes to get passed Three Leaf Clover, but unlike GTA V's heists (and the whole game in general) there are no skip-able sections and checkpoints. If you screw up it's back to the start.

Even if the obvious approach allows freedom to lose the wanted level your way it still doesn't change the fact that GTA V's heists generally are more scripted and linear than what Three Leaf Clover is, but to be honest GTA V itself feels more linear. There are so many missions where it's impossible to approach it the way you want to. It feels like a corridor shooter in an open world most of the time.

Anyway I like what namor said about the cops in the jewelry store heist. It's stupid how in regular gameplay them and their cars are the GTA equivalent of the Terminator. Even if you use a truck to ram them at speed they'll still drive as good as new yet in this a slight bump is all it takes to incapacitate them. It's retarded.

It doesn't matter, the wanted level given was just ridiculous and was very easy to escape in a couple of seconds. It was very out of place. The Big Score obvious approach just did better in every detail that three leaf clover miss to nail.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:21 PM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Also military hardware, Minisub, the Jewelry Store Job prep tasks, Architect Plans and Driller Prep Tasks. Other missions such the Hotel Assassination, Lamar Down, Hood Safari, Minor Turbulence, Deep Inside, Vice Asssasination, Crystal Maze, Mr. Richards, The Multi Target Assasination and Friends Reunited all have certain ways you can do them.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

Bellic and his Irish crew single-handedly broke through half of the police force in Algonquin without even the use of a partner like Lester and setup missions, all what they used is a couple of PE4's and AK/Carbine rifles and that's that, the perfect Loud and Dumb approach.

This kinda makes the whole Heist drama in V a complete joke IMO.
  • Zello likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

Bellic and his Irish crew single-handedly broke through half of the police force in Algonquin without even the use of a partner like Lester and setup missions, all what they used is a couple of C4's and AK/Carbine rifles and that's that, the perfect Loud and Dumb approach.

This kinda makes the whole Heist drama in V a complete joke IMO.

Fixed that for ya

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

No. Paleto heist and Big Score were better made, although a little more scripted. Three Leaf Clover was the best moment in GTA IV, considering the general laziness in the majority of it's missions.

^ This

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite IV missions. I just find V's more fun, even the Merryweather one you don't get paid for.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

@Zello

It was PE4, Derrick confirmed it.
  • Distrom likes this

Diamond Dogs
  • Diamond Dogs

I'm back, guys!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

I still think that TLC outshines all the heists in GTA V. All of GTA V's heists were big action set pieces and Rokcstar did it well. I even enjoyed playing through The Merryweather Heist for the first time, but like all heists in the game it feels to generic and too scripted. Also the intensity in V's heists were pretty unsubstantial compared to TLC's build up and intensity reminds me a lot of Heat. Not only the intensity is based on Heat, but the shootout reminds me a lot of Heat. You vs a squad of cops around Chinatown, while The Big Score's shootout was too over the top and too Hollywoodized. It did not feel like a Michael Mann movie like TLC is, but it felt like a bank heist from a Michael Bay movie. TLC has that intensity that you robbed a bank, comparing to V's generic, and bland heists. They were cool for the first time, but they are quite boring to play for the second time IMHO.
  • TheOtherRyan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users