Quantcast

» «
Photo

Whats the taboo of modding police cars and ambulances?

19 replies to this topic
SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

why are rockstar so scared of implementing this. it would be so easy, its so lame... this car is too hot blah blah

cough... open world game ... cough

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yeah I feel you. I was anticipating so hard but no, no doughnut machine modification for cop cars.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yeah I feel you. I was anticipating so hard but no, no doughnut machine modification for cop cars.

You remind me of someone.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

How can it be so wrong, when it feels so right?

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

I gotta say I have seen your face somewhere before...

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't think there's any taboo there. They're probably doing it either as a tradition now, or because they want some sort of mini realism where a mechanic would be scared to tamper with government cars.

I don't see what's the big deal with people wanting that anyway. Police cars are always available as a civilian model too and there's not much point in ''modding'' an ambulance.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Oh yeah, you two were with that girl that wore feathers on the *whistle*.

• Ermac and Shah Sam like this

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Because you wouldn't be able to take a clearly stolen police/government car to a mechanic in real life. If they replaced Los Santos Customs with chop shops in the next game, then maybe this would work, but I like that I can't modify them. How are we going to modify a police riot, anyways?

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't think there's any taboo there. They're probably doing it either as a tradition now, or because they want some sort of mini realism where a mechanic would be scared to tamper with government cars.

I don't see what's the big deal with people wanting that anyway. Police cars are always available as a civilian model too and there's not much point in ''modding'' an ambulance.

Tradition? Tradition was 6 stars, tradition was round hud, but no. There are no any traditions. I don't know what they thought while making GTA V, but it seriously doesn't feel like GTA game. It even doesn't feel like open world game, because they blocked almost every cool feature, and made it online/mission exclusive.

• zielarz119, AlexL, PandaLambpaws and 1 other like this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Oh yeah, you two were with that girl that wore feathers on the *whistle*.

Yeah, that girl.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

On one hand, I suppose it might make sense thinking that no mechanic would touch these types of vehicles, but on the other hand, these vehicles ARE serviced (probably on-site), so why not implement something like a special garage that will only accept law enforcement/emergency vehicles, or maybe even throw commercial vehicles into the mix. You could upgrade/modify these toys at one place, and take all of your other vehicles to a normal garage.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by AlexL, 28 November 2013 - 12:12 AM.

I wanna be able to mod semi trucks Mad Max style

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

why are rockstar so scared of implementing this. it would be so easy, its so lame... this car is too hot blah blah

cough... open world game ... cough

I agree. It's amazing how LINEAR (yes, look up the definition) this "open world" game is.  R* dictates what we are allowed to do.  I wish we could mod air vehicles as well. And I wish we were able to put decals/stickers on our cars. Like when we can put our crew emblem on the car.... why not allow us to put more than one and allow us to put it where ever we want on the car?? 

• 17th likes this

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

I have a crusader in my garage and i got it in legit way no glitch

dporter88
  • dporter88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

I wanna be able to mod semi trucks Mad Max style

couldn't agree more.  Really wish they would implement this into the game. I was kinda surprised the first time I pulled into Los Santos Customs with a semi and I couldn't customize it.  Oh well, one can only hope.

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm also annoyed by this. I just want to slap a turbo on a cop car so it stops being dog piss slow unless the AI is driving.

Hidden Zombie
  • Hidden Zombie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's likely because the company wants its franchise to evolve into something more than a game that kids' parents are trying to remove from shelves.

This isn't Saints Row. You can't bring a police car to an auto body shop and say "Paint it pink." They'd call the cops on you. There's supposed to be a framework of realism to pair with the satirical nature of the GTA franchise. It's not unfair for a company to evolve its direction on games, and I'm sure they don't expect everyone to be onboard with it. It would be somewhat silly to just rehash the same game over and over with better graphics.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

It's likely because the company wants its franchise to evolve into something more than a game that kids' parents are trying to remove from shelves.

This isn't Saints Row. You can't bring a police car to an auto body shop and say "Paint it pink." They'd call the cops on you. There's supposed to be a framework of realism to pair with the satirical nature of the GTA franchise. It's not unfair for a company to evolve its direction on games, and I'm sure they don't expect everyone to be onboard with it. It would be somewhat silly to just rehash the same game over and over with better graphics.

Realism in a game that includes a spaceship when completing the 100% of it. Where a psychopath can eat/kill anybody and still be walking free on the streets, realism in a game where you have a minigun as a 2 handed weapon... wtf

• zielarz119 likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

They should be customizeable since the ford cruiser has two sets for bumpers, skirts, spoilers and hoods.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

How can it be so wrong, when it feels so right?

Dayum. I forgot I already posted in this thread and clicked this to post the exact same thing I posted almost a month ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users