Photo

Why cant rockstar add in an F1 car?

35 replies to this topic
SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I always wanted this, is it some sort of legal worry or something having the likeness of an F1 car in a violent game where it can be trashed?

If so... how come they have audis and crap and are not sued.

Valwin
  • Valwin

Old account: renourish

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Because we don't have a F1 track.

• Wolfhuman and GTAboob like this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Do you see many F1 cars on the streets where you live?
  • Istoned likes this

SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Balling down the freeway in an fl car would be fun though.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

supercars work the same way

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Because we don't have a F1 track.

+1

Valwin is right.

Though all GTAs that were released on PC should have an F1 Car mod.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Not a bad idea, would be fun.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Take several ecstasy pills and then come back with an answer.

On a serious note.. Rockstar added the things which are necessary. F1 cars on the roads would just be idiotic. The value of an F1 car speed would be greater than any other car. So everyone would start purchasing/using the F1 cars only and all of the other cars would be unused.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

F1 cars are top-down games exclusive.

I don't see point of F1 cars in V anyway. With these physics and damage, this would be an instant death after a slight crash.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

F1 cars are top-down games exclusive.

I don't see point of F1 cars in V anyway. With these physics and damage, this would be an instant death after a slight crash.

Ofcourse for Pedestrains and NPCS because for example adder is more destructive than trucks or suv's

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

This is the dumbest comment I think I have ever read on this forum (and that's saying something).  

Let me ask YOU something..... do you see many helicopters with missile launchers flying around your neighborhood? Do you see many  lamborghinis where you live?... I don't need to continue, I think you understand why your comment is so stupid.

• Tordenkylling and Bonnano like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

i was thinking about this while watching my neighbor drive by in his F1 car this morning...
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX and Black & White like this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by ChillerVapes, 27 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Want f1 on V? Wait for PC version, once forum section is created, request it as a mod.

Seriously though... f1 car would be stupid. Too fast for a start and when you crashed it would simply end up with a wheel or two flying off and your driver going up in smoke.

F1 cars are designed not to go as fast as possible (not any more thanks to all the rules) however, they are super light and not really designed like a road car for safety since they are not expecting the driver to crash into an oncoming truck or pedestrian.

What I would have liked to have seen is some sort of heavily modded vehicle similar to the cars you see on the fast and the furious 6 where they are super fast (high end modded to the max race cars can't keep up) and they are designed to be able to make other cars ramp over them.

Yeah, so you won't see them in real life but it would have been a good mission only car which you can obtain after completing the mission.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Because F1 is godawful about their licenses. A few years ago, the rights passed from the teams themselves to FOG, which is basically the bank that owns it. If V came out 5 or 10 years ago R* could make up their own F1 car and put it in. With the rights changing hands, they can't even do that.

Now, if you have two or more F1 cars in a game or movie or TV show or advert or whatever, you must buy a license. If you want to use an F1 car in a game? Yep, fork over the dough. You want to use a team name or a driver name? Fork over the dough and be prepared for a LOT of restrictions.

F1 itself, the sport is decent, but the commercial side of things is a horrible mess. No two teams can agree on anything at all, they handed over control with the new concorde agreement to FOG who is slowly taking over F1. FOGs control extends to the classic F1 cars as well and drivers and even the paints on the cars and the team logos.

GSC2013 came out and it features an almost-but-not-quote F1 car and the list of what those guys had to change was worrying. About the only thing they got right were the tires on the cars. Everything else, and I mean EVERYTHING had to be changed to avoid FOG's lawyers coming down on them hard.

• zielarz119 likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

This is the dumbest comment I think I have ever read on this forum (and that's saying something).  

Let me ask YOU something..... do you see many helicopters with missile launchers flying around your neighborhood? Do you see many  lamborghinis where you live?... I don't need to continue, I think you understand why your comment is so stupid.

It's not a stupid comment... helicopters with missle launchers exist, and you will occasionally see them flying overhead if you live near a military base. In game, you never see the attack buzzard flying around.

I don't know where you live but around here, I frequently see high end cars like lamborginis Ferraris, Bentleys even imported hummers and I don't live in a posh area... most are bought by ill gotten means or rented.

As for rocket launchers, in the US, providing you have had training for propelled explosives handling and are licensed and you have the cash you can obtain one legally.
Or, if you happen to know someone in the illigal arms trade, you can obtain one.

Also, GTA V is movie / real life oriented so, access to an rpg is a given.
Just think about how many times in an action movie someone has just pulled out an rpg...
Hell, even on the back to the future the terrorists had one.
  • Massive Roy likes this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

You are clearly not looking hard enough..

As for your questions.. No, but I'm sure they have them at the local army barracks.. However security is tighter there than in GTA.. And as for the lambo.. Not on my street no, but in my town I know of atleast 2.. Your points are now invalid.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Take several ecstasy pills and then come back with an answer.

On a serious note.. Rockstar added the things which are necessary. F1 cars on the roads would just be idiotic. The value of an F1 car speed would be greater than any other car. So everyone would start purchasing/using the F1 cars only and all of the other cars would be unused.

They would still be smoked by Chrome Adders.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

To say its not realistic is right. Good thing Im playing a video game. To have some things and do some things you couldnt do in the real world would be terrible.

On that note im going to go do some yoga in GTA....

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

That would be hilarious if they made it like a real F1 car and the whole thing disintegrates around you the first time you smack something.

I'm all for it.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

1 it would be too fast for baddies...

2 didnt they have a stock car/nascar in SA?

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Oh wow, the world is going to end because there isn't a Forumla 1 car!

I don't mean to sound harsh. Maybe Rockstar didn't think there could be an F1 car. Plus, it would be way too fast as well.

HumaneLabsGuy
  • HumaneLabsGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

It's not a stupid comment... helicopters with missle launchers exist, and you will occasionally see them flying overhead if you live near a military base. In game, you never see the attack buzzard flying around.

I don't know where you live but around here, I frequently see high end cars like lamborginis Ferraris, Bentleys even imported hummers and I don't live in a posh area... most are bought by ill gotten means or rented.

As for rocket launchers, in the US, providing you have had training for propelled explosives handling and are licensed and you have the cash you can obtain one legally.
Or, if you happen to know someone in the illigal arms trade, you can obtain one.

Also, GTA V is movie / real life oriented so, access to an rpg is a given.
Just think about how many times in an action movie someone has just pulled out an rpg...
Hell, even on the back to the future the terrorists had one.

Wot

How often do you see people able to murder hundreds of police officers, get shot in the head repeatedly by the officers, and then simply come back to life at a hospital, simply missing a small amount of money? How often do you see a person getting away with killing tens of innocent civilIans, cause they were out of police vision for 30 seconds? How often do you see somebody carrying around 5 variants of pistols, 5 variants of light machine guns, 3 variants of machine guns, 2 variants of sniper rifles, 5 different melee weapons, 3 different shotgun variants, 2 grenade launcher variants, a minigun, 4 explosive variants, and a gasoline can? How often do you see somebody speeding on the wrong side of the road not be given police attention? Your post is legitimately one of the stupidest I have read on any Internet forum, ever.

Being able to drive an F1 would be pretty cool. They could add it as a reward in DLC for 100% completion or something.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by tresshold, 29 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

not really f1 but open wheels YES!!!

btw GTA needs a race track, a true circuit.

I would pay so much for a race dlc or extra race cars with open wheel.

btw they did had an motogp (like) bike in san andreas, the "doctors" bike

serpentoflight
  • serpentoflight

If I agreed with you wed both be wrong.

• BUSTED!
  • Commonwealth

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Why don't they give us camels or rollerskates? Would make more sense than an f1 car.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

F1 ... Wow It would be awesome :)

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

Aye

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Wait for PC Version...

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

1 it would be too fast for baddies...

2 didnt they have a stock car/nascar in SA?

Yeah, most awesome cars ever in GTA history. And because it was awesome and fun to drive, they had to remove it. Just like all fun stuff.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Terrible idea. You must be 12.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

GTA Chinatown Wars had an F1 apparently, but I haven't played CW nor it would be the same as it would be on GTA V or even San Andreas.

I don't know why they wouldn't put an F1 in GTA. If they can parody NASCAR in Andreas and Vice, they can put a Formula 1 in V.

It dosen't have to have a team livery on it such as Red Bull, they can just do a 'Cluckin' Bell' F1 team or something.

I don't think its illegal for Game devs to appropriate real world cars for their projects as long as its not an exact replica of car in question. The Os on the Obey model cars were Rockstar pushing the limit and exploiting their rights (Nothing wrong with it at all)

This means so long it only RESEMBLES an F1, they should be good.

Still, why the f*ck haven't they done this??

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Let me ask YOU something..... do you see many helicopters with missile launchers flying around your neighborhood?

Do you see many  lamborghinis where you live?... I don't need to continue, I think you understand why your comment is so stupid.

Helicopter - sh*t loads

Military helicopter - occasionally

Jets - yep from time to time

Lambos - weekly and R8s/top-end Porsche/Ferrari pretty much daily

F1 cars - once as an exhibition prior to a GP

In other parts of the world, I'd see these military vehicle on the street and in the skies daily ... but never an F1 car

I don't understand why his comment is so stupid - please explain?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users