When i finished GTA V i let out a sigh and then inserted just cause 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic
SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

400 square miles bitches... i get that i was hooked on GTA V for a hundred hours but when i inserted old faithful into my xbox and booted it up.. it felt like i was coming home.

people give JC2 a bad name, im never upgrading, why would I. It feels like a good pair of jeans.

Cedimedi
  • Cedimedi

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Oh well, this thread again. The map of JC is big maybe, but boring and dull.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I enjoyed jc2 but it's no where near as diverse as V. Too much copy and past villages etc

(null)

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

What's your point? You don't like GTAV?

Congratulations. Go jump in the huge pile of other people that don't like GTAV, because quite frankly I'm not sure anybody cares other than the people who agree with you.
  • Lock N' Stock, DeafMetal and Justin.. like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

When I first played JC2, I was so disgusted that I had to change to IV (IV was my favourite at that time, specially EFLC).

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I respect your point a view, and i have to admit one of my dreams since i was a kid was playing a driving game where i could drive from my hometown to basically anywhere in the world without having to mod anything out. On the other hand, i thing 400 squared miles is too big for a GTA V maybe a bit more that we actually get could be better but no way 400sq2m

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just cause 2 is one of best games ever made. It understands that if you give us a huge world to play in...give us some fu*king cool toys to play with! Other games have forgot that concept.
  • SoupKitchenXtreme likes this

SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

I feel the protagonist in JUSt cause 2 was developed better and the story was much more engrossing and deep.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by Xerukal, 27 November 2013 - 04:50 PM.

I feel the protagonist in JUSt cause 2 was developed better and the story was much more engrossing and deep.

50centdriving.gif

I'm sorry, I love Just Cause 2. But have you SEEN this?

It's a fun game for a while. But honestly? I got bored by the time I hit 20% total completion in Mercenary mode. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames did a much better job, in my opinion. Very underrated game. 

• Moonplayer likes this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

50centdriving.gif

I'm sorry, I love Just Cause 2. But have you SEEN this?

It's a fun game for a while. But honestly? I got bored by the time I hit 20% total completion in Mercenary mode. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames did a much better job, in my opinion. Very underrated game.
I play mercs2 even today :D

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

If the dev's at Just Cause would create a better physics engine, they could easliy give R* a run for their money. We shall see when JC3 drops. I think it's been announced?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

If the dev's at Just Cause would create a better physics engine, they could easliy give R* a run for their money. We shall see when JC3 drops. I think it's been announced?

No, it hasn't. I f*cking wished it was, though.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

No, it hasn't. I f*cking wished it was, though.

I'm pretty sure they gave some sort of hint and release a couple screenshots. Too lazt to link them. JC3 is coming for next gen 2014

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

I respect your point a view, and i have to admit one of my dreams since i was a kid was playing a driving game where i could drive from my hometown to basically anywhere in the world without having to mod anything out. On the other hand, i thing 400 squared miles is too big for a GTA V maybe a bit more that we actually get could be better but no way 400sq2m

Oh, then you might wanna check this out: http://forum.outerra...php?topic=637.0

Only on PC buddy :D

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yeh

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Fair enough. I still prefer Far Cry 3 over GTA V. 

• OGLuke likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Fair enough. I still prefer Far Cry 3 over GTA V. 

You cannot take drugs and fight a bear in GTA V

• Rerxelend likes this

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

True that. I can never get bored of Far Cry 3. I still play my first save file (100% complete) for hours, just walking around, exploring caves, swimming around, going into huts, flying around with the wingsuit, throwing rocks at bears and finding loot boxes. And the fact that there's a reset outposts option increases the replay value to f*cking infinity for me.

SoupKitchenXtreme
  • SoupKitchenXtreme

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

True that. I can never get bored of Far Cry 3. I still play my first save file (100% complete) for hours, just walking around, exploring caves, swimming around, going into huts, flying around with the wingsuit, throwing rocks at bears and finding loot boxes. And the fact that there's a reset outposts option increases the replay value to f*cking infinity for me.

A game where all the enemys look indentical in red clothing vs a game where almost all peds are different.

Far cry 3 also has the mnost annoying car engine sound and car door closing sounds in the history of the universe.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

yep it has a huge map with nothing to do in it just cause 2 is one of those games i played for a few hours got bored and never picked it up again the Storyline was awful the dialogue was painfully Corny the whole game is the definition of Style over substance V has its flaws but it still Eats just cause 2 alive and sh*ts it out the Next Morning. 

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

400 square miles bitches... i get that i was hooked on GTA V for a hundred hours but when i inserted old faithful into my xbox and booted it up.. it felt like i was coming home.

people give JC2 a bad name, im never upgrading, why would I. It feels like a good pair of jeans.

So you, as a consumer, would rather keep a pair of twenty dollar knockaround jeans instead of a high class pair of forty dollar jeans? Even if the twenty dollar jeans are a tad too big and has absolutely no style to speak of?

Far Cry 3 is a fine competitor for GTA 5, it's just so outlandish and fun. The map is the perfect size for a game like that. Seems like GTA Online should've been an afterthought, because there must be twenty things that were cut simply for multiplayer. I've been playing the vanilla PC version of GTA: San Andreas and it feels like there is a greater variety of content.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

A game where all the enemys look indentical in red clothing vs a game where almost all peds are different.

Far cry 3 also has the mnost annoying car engine sound and car door closing sounds in the history of the universe.

Sound? AI model? Bitch the only thing that matters is what's under the hood. And apparently for JC2 it happens to be a Tuk tuk taxi.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

haven't played gta5 in weeks, but still enjoy jc2 when I pop it in.

people who play games for the missions are weird. JC2 actually lets you do fun stuff/advance in freeplay...

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

The problem with Just Cause 2 is that the generated map doesn't allow for in-depth exploring. Far Cry 3 is a great game, it had a really good story that fit the theme, but it has a small sound bank, non-existent AI (like GTA V), and since the map is also generated, there's lots of floating trees and rocks, there's even a hole in a cave that lets you get out of the map (it's crazy). GTA V has nothing "under the hood" that makes it polished, nearly every mechanic is broken. Sure the outside map looks nice, but that's all there is to it. There's no interiors, and nothing that lets you interact with the game world.

I guess all three work differently, Just Cause 2 is about massive landscapes to mess around in, Far Cry 3 is about being trapped in a condensed jungle and finding the secrets it has, and GTA V is about living in a modern lifestyle. All three are different open-world games, whatever one you like the most is up to you.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

haven't played gta5 in weeks, but still enjoy jc2 when I pop it in.

people who play games for the missions are weird. JC2 actually lets you do fun stuff/advance in freeplay...

You do realize that not all games are free roam, right? No?

Are you stupid? Yes? Oh, okay. Make all the sweeping generalizations you want, doofus. 

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

There are hookers in far cry 3 ? Because We couldn't do a drive session without approaching one, it's stronger than Us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users