» «
Photo

The Showroom: Albany Manana

129 replies to this topic
J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:16 AM Edited by J-Real, 22 December 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Before I head to bed after a very long day of work and school, I figured I might as well leave off with a showroom topic. Let's take a look at the Albany Manana.

E9BNxuU.png

HVfeYMr.png

Zgd5uP1.png

Background/Design

Ahhh the Albany Manana, classic looking car, perfect for cruising around the ghetto neighborhoods of Los Santos. The Manana has been around since GTA III and continues to visually get better as the times pass. The name comes from the spanish language meaning "morning" or "tomorrow"... which is perfect because it's so slow that you might get to your destination the next day. 

The Manana's design really has changed since it's first appearance, it went from a small city car to a 70's style lowrider. The design was inspired by classic buick cars with a mix of old school Cadillacs. It's currently in the sports classic category and seats two people including the driver.

Let's take a look at how much it has changed throughout the years (GTA III, LCS, VCS, VC, SA & IV)

180px-Manana-GTA3-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTALCS-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTAVCS-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTAVC-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTASA-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTA4-front.jpg

Speed - 4.0

Yes it's a really slow car but that's not the point of having one, it's mainly used for cruising around or to show off at car meet ups with other lowriders or sports classic cars. If you're looking for a fast car, then you better just skip this one.

Handling - 5.0

It doesn't have the best handling, but who needs handling when you're too busy showing it off? Even if you do end up buying the turbo for it, the acceleration and braking doesn't really help when trying to make sure you don't get a scratch on this thing :p

Overall Rating - 6.5

I love all the cars, regardless if they're slow or ugly. As long as they get me from point A to point B that's enough to get them a decent score. let's just get this straight, it's NOT for racing, it's simply a car for the looks and the status... Rockstar should definitely bring back the hydraulics. :p

So what do you guys think about the Albany Manana?

And if you happen to own one, make sure to post pictures!

Reckless1

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Thisguyherenow

0_0.jpg

leinasan

0_0.jpg

tymaster50

0_0.jpg

JayDM420
yolo_zpsad757d57.jpg

I'll get my coat...

car8_zps73342c27.jpgcar10_zps98d0ec6b.jpgmanana3_zpsa4d64b32.jpg

Barry Spock

10940034875_37852f28b8.jpg

pakovrs

0_0.jpg

BumpyJohnson

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

blk95ta

0_0.jpg

Always_A_Medic

0_0.jpg

leinasan

0_0.jpg

GambleGamble

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Biohazard Abyss

0_0.jpg

robotron2000

0_0.jpg

cityspud

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

iPushYayo

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

pokemon4ever

WFzBNkO.jpg

swimdude5

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• MC., balgra, SUPERHEAVYDOODY and 3 others like this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

I personally don't care for it much. But it does have some pretty clean body lines

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

I have a convertible version, the only convertible I keep. Like you said, it's slow.. great for cruising around though. Goodlooking car

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

The first Manana looks like a 1980 Mazda 626 2 door.

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

one of the best if not the best tail lights in the game

sexy

Reckless1
  • Reckless1

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Here is my hardtop.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I will post my convert when I get home. :)
  • J-Real and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

I have a convertible version, the only convertible I keep. Like you said, it's slow.. great for cruising around though. Goodlooking car

Convertible is awesome for some boyz n da hood times. Post some pics!

one of the best if not the best tail lights in the game

sexy

mmmmm tail lights *drool*

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

I can't speak for the new Manana, but the one from GTA III was slow as hell but had good steering.  I think that was the car used for the Dead Skunk mission, or whatever it was called.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I prefer bananas
  • beastjeffrey likes this

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

I can't speak for the new Manana, but the one from GTA III was slow as hell but had good steering.  I think that was the car used for the Dead Skunk mission, or whatever it was called.

Haha yes it was. I remember being so hype when the trunk opened while driving and it showed the body. Makes me appreciate V even more now lol.

I prefer bananas

with peanut butter? mmmm 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 28 November 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Holy sh*t, I didn't know you could do all that with it!

• J-Real likes this

Me!bourne
  • Me!bourne

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

Where can i find a convertible Albany Manana?

Me!bourne
  • Me!bourne

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

I had a problem, well maybe not a problem rather an annoyance, with my convertible Manana, it's why I switched to the hard top.  My windows were always rolled up lol.  I would get in the car in the garage and my windows were up, when i take it to repair the windows would disappear but when I leave it in my garage the windows roll back up.   Bugged the hell out of me lol

But heres my Manana.  No body mods, just engine upgrades and a simple paint job :D

0_0.jpg

• J-Real likes this

leinasan
  • leinasan

Everything She Wants

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

0_0.jpg

• J-Real likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Holy sh*t, I didn't know you could do all that with it!

0_0.jpg

stay hating on my west coast classics car.

• J-Real likes this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Before I head to bed after a very long day of work and school, I figured I might as well leave off with a showroom topic. Let's take a look at the Albany Manana.

E9BNxuU.png
HVfeYMr.png
Zgd5uP1.png

Background/Design
Ahhh the Albany Manana, classic looking car, perfect for cruising around the ghetto neighborhoods of Los Santos. The Manana has been around since GTA III and continues to visually get better as the times pass. The name comes from the spanish language meaning "morning" or "tomorrow"... which is perfect because it's so slow that you might get to your destination the next day. 

The Manana's design really has changed since it's first appearance, it went from a small city car to a 70's style lowrider. The design was inspired by classic buick cars with a mix of old school Cadillacs. It's currently in the sports classic category and seats two people including the driver.

Let's take a look at how much it has changed throughout the years (GTA III, LCS, VCS, VC, SA & IV)
180px-Manana-GTA3-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTALCS-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTAVCS-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTAVC-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTASA-front.jpg180px-Manana-GTA4-front.jpg

Speed - 4.0
Yes it's a really slow car but that's not the point of having one, it's mainly used for cruising around or to show off at car meet ups with other lowriders or sports classic cars. If you're looking for a fast car, then you better just skip this one.

Handling - 5.0
It doesn't have the best handling, but who needs handling when you're too busy showing it off? Even if you do end up buying the turbo for it, the acceleration and braking doesn't really help when trying to make sure you don't get a scratch on this thing :p

Overall Rating - 6.5
I love all the cars, regardless if they're slow or ugly. As long as they get me from point A to point B that's enough to get them a decent score. let's just get this straight, it's NOT for racing, it's simply a car for the looks and the status... Rockstar should definitely bring back the hydraulics. :p

Reckless1
0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Is this a joke? That sh*t is fking hideous lmao.....smh@lets add everything that's available because we can......

I had a problem, well maybe not a problem rather an annoyance, with my convertible Manana, it's why I switched to the hard top.  My windows were always rolled up lol.  I would get in the car in the garage and my windows were up, when i take it to repair the windows would disappear but when I leave it in my garage the windows roll back up.   Bugged the hell out of me lol

But heres my Manana.  No body mods, just engine upgrades and a simple paint job :D

0_0.jpg

Now this, class.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

I found an albany Manana near the south east LCS (the one where you have to take a ramp down a level)

Reckless1
  • Reckless1

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

E9BNxuU.png
HVfeYMr.png
Zgd5uP1.png

Background/Design

Speed - 4.0

Handling - 5.0

Overall Rating - 6.5

Reckless1
0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Is this a joke? That sh*t is fking hideous lmao.....smh@lets add everything that's available because we can......

0_0.jpg

Now this, class.

Well that is your opinion there isn't it mate. I've got more compliments than any other car so I will take yours with a grain of salt. Tried with spoke rims but the green didnt seem to allow any of the colors to blend with just silver rims. Since this "LA" game is seriously lacking lowriders this is the best I can do to salve my lust.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well that is your opinion there isn't it mate. I've got more compliments than any other car so I will take yours with a grain of salt. Tried with spoke rims but the green didnt seem to allow any of the colors to blend with just silver rims. Since this "LA" game is seriously lacking lowriders this is the best I can do to salve my lust.

lol im pretty sure he was talking about mine, i gotta admit my style choices are a bit weird... which makes me easy to spot when im driving around in freemode! make sure to say hello (not with bullets) when you do lol

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

is this car hard to find? I was thinking of getting one to replace my Issi but I'm worried that if the LSPD goes after me, they're gonna pit maneuver me into a post or something lol.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

is this car hard to find? I was thinking of getting one to replace my Issi but I'm worried that if the LSPD goes after me, they're gonna pit maneuver me into a post or something lol.

It has a medium level of difficulty in locating one, I found mine near the eastern LCS location (the one under the bridge).

But yeah it's not a car to use when doing police chases... it's only good for cruising around and modding lol.

• MC. likes this

Reckless1
  • Reckless1

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

The hardtop proved nearly impossible for me. The convertable regularily spawns in gang territory near grove street

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Recently came across this car this week. New favorite LowRider

yolo_zpsad757d57.jpg

• J-Real likes this

Torbey
  • Torbey

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

This thing should be able to get hydrolics.

• J-Real likes this

SarahQOB
  • SarahQOB

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think my peyote is the best looking car in the game.  Too bad it sucks to drive:

0_0.jpg

• gagemb9918 likes this

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Too bad those blowers do jack sh*t.

Lol @ slapping one on + a turbo and still driving about as fast as a city bus.

• Drummin likes this

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

manana3_zpsa4d64b32.jpg

car10_zps98d0ec6b.jpg

car8_zps73342c27.jpg

Banana gets my vote! Top up version was a complete bitch to get. Best low ride in the game...imo.

• J-Real likes this

SarahQOB
  • SarahQOB

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

the peyote has some really neat features... spare tire, fuzzy dice, zebra seats, bug catcher, curb feelers, and the los santos sign.  all around cool car to drive

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Banana gets my vote! Top up version was a complete bitch to get. Best low ride in the game...imo.

Woo bananas, yeah I think it's because of that classic cadillac look. 

• I'll get my coat... likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users