In defense of the Adder

130 replies to this topic
Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I dislike bugattis in general. They're ugly to me.

Wrong thread gtfo. This is the 

In defense of the Adder

Thread.

Go cry somewhere els and moan in your Entity while people plant stickies on you and pass you by with an Adder, only to explode your car seconds later.

Nah JK, still this is the 

In defense of the Adder

Thread. Not the I think its ugly and i need to complain thread.

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

any adder fans on ps3?

pleaseeee

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I LOVE my adder but it's those stupid 

'HUUR HUUR CHRUM ADDR U JELLY" trolls who ruin the adder.

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

i am on ps3

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by W3BB13, 27 November 2013 - 12:06 PM.

One of the reasons people don't like chrome Adders is simple: any vehicle that is entirely chrome looks absolutely atrocious.

It doesn't matter if it's the Adder, the Entity, the Cheetah, or anything else in the game... 100% chrome is just ugly as f*ck.

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

u bros still mad?

• James jones likes this

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

0_0.jpg

It took me a few weeks to save up for it. I bought it solely on it's looks. I like the shape and overall appearance very much. By the time I had the money to buy it the daily "2 Minutes Hate" on it was well underway. 

The one above is a metallic green, with an orange pearlescent. Odd combo but it seems to work for me, anyway. The rims are actually more yellow than green, but in that pic they appear somewhat sickly. The stripes are crew color, something close to cream.

Overall I like the way it drives. It has a tendency toward being a bit loose in the corners, but I adjust easily enough to it. I recently bought an Entity, as well. As far as it goes, for me, it's "better" all around in terms of performance. It accelerates faster, corners slightly better (again, for me). It feels zippy and alert where the Adder feels more like a bull that needs a bit of space to charge in. I still "like" the Adder more, though, because I prefer its looks to the Entity. That it's difficult if not impossible to be shot from behind while driving either of them is a nice bonus. 

I couldn't care much less what anyone else wants to drive, what color they want to paint their car, or how much or how little chrome they put on it. I find it ironic that so many people hate on Adders in general, and chrome versions in particular, and then go on to tout the Entity as if it's any different in essence. Then again there isn't room anywhere on the interwebz to swing a cat without smacking a large chunk of irony.  In the end the "best" car is the one you like the most.

Side note: All of the cars in the game, in my experience, have a very annoying tendency, when they spin out, to end up facing the camera. 99/100 times they spin they end up facing toward it. Steering into a slide seems to have little to no effect for me. 

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

my adder is 100% LEGIT, 

after 5 fully tuned sportcars for which i saved up hard, i thought, f*ck this sh*t, i'll buy a cashcard!

and then everything changed, my ass burnt from this one meter long sword they used to get my money. i instantly realized that i wouldnt settle for this, i'd spend an easy 100 € on those cashcards.

good god, thanks to rockstar for the glitches..   saved me alot of money!

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I agree with you OP. People say that the car is overrated, but I think they would say that about any car if it was supposed to be the best car in the game. If the Adder wasn't in the game, the XF would be the car people hated and the Cheetah would be the cool car and so on. 

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

If you like ADDERS, CHRADDERS AND GOLD CHRADDERS, JOIN THE CREW!

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064173645

THANK YOU BROS AND SIS'

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 27 November 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Don´t delude yourself, there´s no such a thing as 3 top supercars.

The Entity is on a class on its own, and then the Cheetah will beat the Adder in twisty stuff, and the Adder will beat the Cheetah in these silly highway races.

That´s performance wise. And I don´t care because I own a Cheetah (that I don´t want to put a turbo on because it sounds stupid). Also I respect everyone´s aesthetic likings so I don´t mind Adder at all.

I just wouldn´t have one because I don´t like the concept behind it, or behind the actual Veyron either: "I´m an overweighted and overpowered supercar and I´m designed to be raced in boring straight line races".

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I agree with you OP. People say that the car is overrated, but I think they would say that about any car if it was supposed to be the best car in the game. If the Adder wasn't in the game, the XF would be the car people hated and the Cheetah would be the cool car and so on. 

Meh, Adder is a great Super car.  I could carless about it.

The car is not overrated.  Its just alot many slap happy 13 year old tards whos nuts haven't dropped yet keep spewing on about CHROME and people being jealous.  As if CHROME all of sudden makes the car better or some garbage...lol?

No ones jealous of their ugly ass chromed adders..  People are just annoyed of them talking like Bieber bitchers.  CHROME this Swag that YOLO their booty holes.

Its like they stand their showing off how retarded they are, and when you point it out they act as if you are MAD or jealous of the superior brain damage.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Allvater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Someone please mod police led light bars and flashing lights (including sounds) on an Adder or Chradder and bring it online.

I'd pay real life money to get one lol.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Great post!

That said, no one that knows anything about cars considers the Veyron to be the fastest car in the world. Not even the fastest production car anymore. Just sayin.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

There's only one reason for my Adder hatred:

Every infernal worthless bag of skin and breath who glitched money bought one of these things.

When I see a chrome Adder in a session, all I can think of is: "Great.  Another f*cking glitcher who thinks he's cool."

It's not because of the price tag.  It's not because of the look (I think it's beautiful... not in chrome though).  It's because of glitchers.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

The Adder looks nice but it has the terrible reputation of being the glitcher's car.

So actually peoples hate glitchers because they are unfair and immoral. Maybe they hate the car too but's it's more about the glitchers.

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

I was so proud when I got my adder, then about a week later I realized that glitchers use it and they started to think I'm one of them, so now I use an even more unique car, my Hotknife(I used to use this a lot(As well as the Khameleon people liked that more then but now every looser  wants to clone the Hotknife, or non glitchers just sit in it...) before my Vacca and when that disappeared i used the F620 but now I'm back with my Hotknife however it has sh*t brakes)

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Adders are great cars, I got rid of mine for an entity because of the fact the entity looks a little better,
The stats are damn near the same (its the driver not the car)
And because the entity has a lot more bullet cover from behind which I like when I'm being chased.
That and I didn't want to get rid of the other cars in my garage for the entity

I love the cover from behind the Entity provides. I don't think it's even possible to hit the driver from behind. 

However, an Adder will be able to outrun whatever is trying to shoot at you from behind in the first place  :sly:

not trying to take away from the car but, Its not a normal bugatti veyron that has the record its only the super sport model (only 5 of em made). and its a production car record and there are supposed to be 50 of em made to qualify but they make exceptions. The crown will soon be taken by the new Koenigsegg. 

Personaly i have never found the car to be very attractive and if i dont like the looks of a car i wont find it appealing.

I'm pretty sure the Veyron and the Super Sport are mostly the same. Of course I can be wrong. I know about super cars but I'm certainly not an expert. The new Koenigsegg looks fantastic and might very well beat the Veyron, though until then I can safely say the Veyron is still the fastest street legal car. 

As for the looks, it's all personal taste. I like how it combines elements from luxury, sport, and even muscle cars, but that's just me. 

the original Veyron is called the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, named for its 16 cylinder engine and 4 turbochargers, outputting a grand total of 1,001 horsepower. The Veyron SS is a hyped up version of that (pushes 1200 bhp, I believe?) with tires composed of a special compound rubber component that withstands the high heat of massive friction from 250mph+ speeds longer than its older brother, the Veyron 16.4. But it hs nothing on the pac mx6

article_pac7.jpg

Yay, the pac racing team. I used to watch these guys on the Hi Octane videos from  New Zealand.

Stick a rotor in it!

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

0_0.jpg

It took me a few weeks to save up for it. I bought it solely on it's looks. I like the shape and overall appearance very much. By the time I had the money to buy it the daily "2 Minutes Hate" on it was well underway. 

The one above is a metallic green, with an orange pearlescent. Odd combo but it seems to work for me, anyway. The rims are actually more yellow than green, but in that pic they appear somewhat sickly. The stripes are crew color, something close to cream.

Overall I like the way it drives. It has a tendency toward being a bit loose in the corners, but I adjust easily enough to it. I recently bought an Entity, as well. As far as it goes, for me, it's "better" all around in terms of performance. It accelerates faster, corners slightly better (again, for me). It feels zippy and alert where the Adder feels more like a bull that needs a bit of space to charge in. I still "like" the Adder more, though, because I prefer its looks to the Entity. That it's difficult if not impossible to be shot from behind while driving either of them is a nice bonus. 

I couldn't care much less what anyone else wants to drive, what color they want to paint their car, or how much or how little chrome they put on it. I find it ironic that so many people hate on Adders in general, and chrome versions in particular, and then go on to tout the Entity as if it's any different in essence. Then again there isn't room anywhere on the interwebz to swing a cat without smacking a large chunk of irony.  In the end the "best" car is the one you like the most.

Side note: All of the cars in the game, in my experience, have a very annoying tendency, when they spin out, to end up facing the camera. 99/100 times they spin they end up facing toward it. Steering into a slide seems to have little to no effect for me. 

hey cool car adder 

i want to play ps3

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yay, the pac racing team. I used to watch these guys on the Hi Octane videos from  New Zealand.

Stick a rotor in it!

There Australian.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Everyone, meet: The General

0_0.jpg

So named after The General Lee from The Dukes of Hazard. Hence the color ;)

Why did I pick the Adder? Well, I went solo in to a race several times with several cars and came to the sudden conclusion that for my style of racing, this was the best car of the bunch. I tried the other cars, but they didn't gel as well as the Adder did. So, another good reason to use the Adder and not hate on it is because for some people, this will indeed be the best car to drive for their style. 

How did I buy it? By patiently playing the game and try not to grind everything. Had tons of fun leveling, but also a lot of moments filled with utter hatred towards other players and all of these flippin' glitches. Makes owning this thing that much better, considering I had already tossed away the 500k from R* voluntarily. 

bixlas13
  • bixlas13

Kingpin

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

i know that you are speaking before high life dlc im sorry entity cheetah adder fan everything got smoked by the zentorno sorry to crash your dreams

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

HaGayyy.gif

• RedlineDrifts likes this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

i know that you are speaking before high life dlc im sorry entity cheetah adder fan everything got smoked by the zentorno sorry to crash your dreams

facepalm

bixlas13
  • bixlas13

Kingpin

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

facepalm

agree?

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

facepalm

agree?
no, you peon.

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

Teh Warlock!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Adder's a cool car. I would get it just for the looks, probably. I'm quite happy with my grounded spaceship, though.

Maybe if we get to own even more properties!

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

I was hating on the Veyron before it was cool.

McManus84
  • McManus84

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Got mine with gifted billions, but I've always liked it and always will.
I don't use it that much these days because in all honesty I'm just not very good at driving it.
There are other cars I'm more confident of pushing to their limits. But when I do take it out for a drive or select it for a race, I feel like I'm taking a special car out that needs your full attention if your going to win against Entity's and Zentorno's.

image.jpg

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I think the main problem here is that people are hating on a virtual car that is nothing but pixels and code.
if you like it then you like it, if you dont you dont, keep it to yourself!

personally I am neutral towards it, probably wouldnt own one if there was a car I liked more but wouldnt turn one down as it is still a cool ride :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users