130 replies to this topic
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

ill just leave this here ...

So the mothership for all chrome adders is that apartment there?

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Adders are great cars, I got rid of mine for an entity because of the fact the entity looks a little better,
The stats are damn near the same (its the driver not the car)
And because the entity has a lot more bullet cover from behind which I like when I'm being chased.
That and I didn't want to get rid of the other cars in my garage for the entity

I love the cover from behind the Entity provides. I don't think it's even possible to hit the driver from behind. 

However, an Adder will be able to outrun whatever is trying to shoot at you from behind in the first place  :sly:

not trying to take away from the car but, Its not a normal bugatti veyron that has the record its only the super sport model (only 5 of em made). and its a production car record and there are supposed to be 50 of em made to qualify but they make exceptions. The crown will soon be taken by the new Koenigsegg. 

Personaly i have never found the car to be very attractive and if i dont like the looks of a car i wont find it appealing.

I'm pretty sure the Veyron and the Super Sport are mostly the same. Of course I can be wrong. I know about super cars but I'm certainly not an expert. The new Koenigsegg looks fantastic and might very well beat the Veyron, though until then I can safely say the Veyron is still the fastest street legal car. 

As for the looks, it's all personal taste. I like how it combines elements from luxury, sport, and even muscle cars, but that's just me. 
the original Veyron is called the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, named for its 16 cylinder engine and 4 turbochargers, outputting a grand total of 1,001 horsepower. The Veyron SS is a hyped up version of that (pushes 1200 bhp, I believe?) with tires composed of a special compound rubber component that withstands the high heat of massive friction from 250mph+ speeds longer than its older brother, the Veyron 16.4.

Thanks for the clarification! Are there any aesthetic differences between the two though? 

Races have this thing called slip stream, it nullifies the advantage top speed has.

When your acceleration and handling are significantly better AND you can draft ahead of the lead cars speed, it means the adder is not the best car. The Entity is.

Edit: Adder looks lame too anyways.. the Entity is more appealing in every way.

Mix the chocolate metallic color with some type of blue pearlescent for a sexy one, I forget the blue colors proper name.

In order to slipstream you actually have to catch up with the car in front of you to a close proximity considerable. I can safely say from experience that if I do a perfect race in my Adder (maintaining top speed most of the time, no crashes etc) then I'm too far ahead for another car to slipstream me. 

And again, this isn't a "which car is better" discussion. It's mainly about pointing out things that often get overlooked about the Adder, intentionally and unintentionally. 

Eh, I like the looks of the Adder better. The Entity is a bit too boxy and sporty for me. I feel like the Adder/Veyron is a perfect blend of Luxury and Sport. That middle ground is why I'm also a big Mercedes fan. 

The only time youl get ahead is when the other racers take the real competition out by ramming. Its pretty easy to slingshot up at the start right from the back.(especially if you decide to use the boost for timing at the start, it's easy to master)

The video directly states the adder is the best car at the end btw.

If the Adder driver knows what he's doing, then you're not going to be able to catch up. And who's to say he can't slingshot you right back? 

And that's not my video. I only put it there for the purpose of showing that the upgrades still boost your acceleration even if the bar is full, and to prove that the Adder has the better speed. 

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Adders are great cars, I got rid of mine for an entity because of the fact the entity looks a little better,
And because the entity has a lot more bullet cover from behind which I like when I'm being chased.

I love the cover from behind the Entity provides. I don't think it's even possible to hit the driver from behind. 

However, an Adder will be able to outrun whatever is trying to shoot at you from behind in the first place  :sly:

not trying to take away from the car but, Its not a normal bugatti veyron that has the record its only the super sport model (only 5 of em made). and its a production car record and there are supposed to be 50 of em made to qualify but they make exceptions. The crown will soon be taken by the new Koenigsegg. 

Personaly i have never found the car to be very attractive and if i dont like the looks of a car i wont find it appealing.

I'm pretty sure the Veyron and the Super Sport are mostly the same. Of course I can be wrong. I know about super cars but I'm certainly not an expert. The new Koenigsegg looks fantastic and might very well beat the Veyron, though until then I can safely say the Veyron is still the fastest street legal car. 

As for the looks, it's all personal taste. I like how it combines elements from luxury, sport, and even muscle cars, but that's just me. 
the original Veyron is called the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, named for its 16 cylinder engine and 4 turbochargers, outputting a grand total of 1,001 horsepower. The Veyron SS is a hyped up version of that (pushes 1200 bhp, I believe?) with tires composed of a special compound rubber component that withstands the high heat of massive friction from 250mph+ speeds longer than its older brother, the Veyron 16.4.

Thanks for the clarification! Are there any aesthetic differences between the two though? 

Races have this thing called slip stream, it nullifies the advantage top speed has.

When your acceleration and handling are significantly better AND you can draft ahead of the lead cars speed, it means the adder is not the best car. The Entity is.

Mix the chocolate metallic color with some type of blue pearlescent for a sexy one, I forget the blue colors proper name.

In order to slipstream you actually have to catch up with the car in front of you to a close proximity considerable. I can safely say from experience that if I do a perfect race in my Adder (maintaining top speed most of the time, no crashes etc) then I'm too far ahead for another car to slipstream me. 

And again, this isn't a "which car is better" discussion. It's mainly about pointing out things that often get overlooked about the Adder, intentionally and unintentionally. 

Eh, I like the looks of the Adder better. The Entity is a bit too boxy and sporty for me. I feel like the Adder/Veyron is a perfect blend of Luxury and Sport. That middle ground is why I'm also a big Mercedes fan. 

The only time youl get ahead is when the other racers take the real competition out by ramming. Its pretty easy to slingshot up at the start right from the back.(especially if you decide to use the boost for timing at the start, it's easy to master)

If the Adder driver knows what he's doing, then you're not going to be able to catch up. And who's to say he can't slingshot you right back? 

And that's not my video. I only put it there for the purpose of showing that the upgrades still boost your acceleration even if the bar is full, and to prove that the Adder has the better speed. 

The only aesthetic differences are the paint options and rims.
  • The Red Commissar likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

I think my Infernus is going to get replaced with the adder. Then left side of my garage will be Sand king, Entity, Cheetah, Adder, and the Bullet

I like the infernus and all but I rarely drive it and those two tone adders are sexy

Time to glitch I guess lol

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

Infernus for me. Love the look, scissor doors bullet proof rear window and handles great.

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by The Red Commissar, 27 November 2013 - 04:27 AM.

I think my Infernus is going to get replaced with the adder. Then left side of my garage will be Sand king, Entity, Cheetah, Adder, and the Bullet

I like the infernus and all but I rarely drive it and those two tone adders are sexy

That would be a good replacement if you ask me but you would be much better off simply having both an Infernus and an Adde. Also, don't glitch for it. Rockstar is slowly cracking down on cheaters and glitchers. 

Also, owning an Adder, or any super car for that matter feels a lot more awesome and special when you worked hard to get it :)

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by biggsull, 27 November 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Assuming A its a straight long track allowing your full top speed.. otherwise the lack of acceleration kills you.. also B, you do slingshot back ahead at which point its on me to pit you and not spinout myself.

The start where people boost, entities are faster or equal given their better acceleration... it's all on the start of the race but its easily accomplished. I know out of 5 adders one tends to take the lead and you can easily get spun out and be unable to catch up.. thats another thing, catchup makes top speed useless when everyone is being limited at the front.

Once you take a turn and slow down, that acceleration stat and also handling stays in full effect where as your top speed is never reached.

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

at first I thought we were about to see an objective post about super cars and then I realized it was just ranting about loving the adder. Yay.
  • Gutslub likes this

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

Assuming A its a straight long track allowing your full top speed.. otherwise the lack of acceleration kills you.. also B, you do slingshot back ahead at which point its on me to pit you and not spinout myself.

The start where people boost, entities are faster or equal given their better acceleration... it's all on the start of the race but its easily accomplished. I know out of 5 adders one tends to take the lead and you can easily get spun out and be unable to catch up.. thats another thing, catchup makes top speed useless when everyone is being limited at the front.

Once you take a turn and slow down, that acceleration stat and also handling stays in full effect where as your top speed is never reached.

You're pretty much correct, It's late so I won't do any nitpicking right now but like I said, the Adder is a niche car. There are plenty of tracks in the game with long stretches of road/tracks with wide turns that allow the Adder to shine, especially if it's fully upgraded, negating some of the acceleration issues. 

Overall, the Entity is better. But if the Adder is able to gain speed, which isn't difficult if you are upgraded and know what you are doing, then the only thing that can really stop you is if you screw up. The top speed of the Adder makes up for any time it loses. 

In general, I think both cars are fairly equal and I hope to own both someday. But I favor the Adder just a little more because if you know how to exploit that speed, you're going to make Entity drivers scratch their heads. 

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

at first I thought we were about to see an objective post about super cars and then I realized it was just ranting about loving the adder. Yay.

I personally felt I was objective and accomplished my task of clearing up misconceptions people have about the Adder and possibly explaining why some people seem to have this almost disturbing hatred towards it. 

If you feel any part of my thread was not objective, please point it out. 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

That would be a good replacement if you ask me but you would be much better off simply having both an Infernus and an Adde. Also, don't glitch for it. Rockstar is slowly cracking down on cheaters and glitchers. 

Also, owning an Adder, or any super car for that matter feels a lot more awesome and special when you worked hard to get it :)

Its too late, I have already glitched like over 20 million. If anything happens to me I'll be thrown into a cheaters lobby which won't matter because I have already spent 90% of this game as a bad sport.

I've decided to keep the Infernus and instead opt out the Sand King for the Adder and get rid of the Bifta and mod another Sand King to look the same as the replaced one. 

The main reason why I play so much is for the custom cars, the buzzard and killing. If my character was ever reset along with bad sport I would go legit and earn everything. Although I would want two duped cars lol. I can't go without the Entity or the Cheetah

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

Good post op, but i still don't like its appearance. 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

You post convinced me to get one, here she is. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

ps: I never really used it much before or knew it had two tone which I like on the front with the stripes but not so much on the back. Oh well its fun to drive and sounds beast fully modded.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

the original Veyron is called the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, named for its 16 cylinder engine and 4 turbochargers, outputting a grand total of 1,001 horsepower. The Veyron SS is a hyped up version of that (pushes 1200 bhp, I believe?) with tires composed of a special compound rubber component that withstands the high heat of massive friction from 250mph+ speeds longer than its older brother, the Veyron 16.4. But it hs nothing on the pac mx6

article_pac7.jpg

• bensons likes this

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

I don't know $ rims piss people off I think they are classy as f*ck.

fdabk4.jpg

stay classy

$$$$$$$$

f*cking haters.

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

I personally felt I was objective and accomplished my task of clearing up misconceptions people have about the Adder and possibly explaining why some people seem to have this almost disturbing hatred towards it. 

If you feel any part of my thread was not objective, please point it out. 

You did a fine job of comparing stats, but when it came to looks you only spoke to the adder's styling. You didn't talk about the entity or the cheetahs looks at all. I would argue that the entity is way better looking than the adder, but that's personal opinion. And I think the cheetah is the most unique looking vehicle in the game. Also, you were comparing the three cars but besides the video about speed you don't have any pictures of the other two cars. I'm just saying it's pretty clear which camp you're in.

bobtje333
  • bobtje333

dog

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

You post convinced me to get one, here she is. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

like this one a lot, love these rims on it!

AdmiralAugustus
  • AdmiralAugustus

Kush Kloud

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

I really like my Adder. It does need a bit of practicing to get the handling, but it is an awesome car to drive. Saved up for it too! Twice, actually. (Damnit R*)

Here's some shots:

Night

0_0.jpg

Day:

0_0.jpg

• PreciousWall likes this

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

I think the Adder/Veyron is actually a clean and elegant design, if a little odd compared to the norm - while the Entity/Koeniggsegg looks great from the front but a busy mess from the rear, where, let's face it most of us will spend our time looking at it in-game. The Cheetah is far prettier than either from that view in my opinion!

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

I shoot anyone in an Adder on sight. Its completely irrational I know. And its not that I cant afford one!. 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Am I the only one that's going to call you out on the fact that you said the Cheetah basically handles better then the Entity directly after you posted the specific rating for each....

Top Speed = Adder>Entity>Cheetah

Accelleration = Entity>Adder>Cheetah

Handling = Entity>Cheetah>Adder

You said it yourself, unless the Adder can gain top speed over an extremely LONG distance (to overcome the advantage of acceleration) then the Entity is the prime choice.

Looks better,Drives Better. The Entity is superior.  Challenge me to ANY race of your choice, my car will still beat your adder.

:) other then that, great post OP.

you saw the test, give an adder 5 seconds and it will pass the entity, which as you know turns in a bigger lead as the seconds tick by, unless the race has a lot of turns, then it'll be pretty even on driver skill. 

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

4o5PON0.jpg4o5PON0.jpg

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

I love it how the Adder is the fastes and best looking supercar in GTA V. Screw that Entity. Adder also sounds pretty damn sweet.

• GTA FaN 2001 likes this

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

0_0.jpg

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 27 November 2013 - 11:38 AM.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

PS:

http://www.motoringe...yron-gets-towed

124.jpg

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

The problem I have with the Adder is that it lacks the ONLY two things that makes the Veyron look alright, the dorsal scoops and the automatic spoiler. 

Without them, the Adder's behind is big, round, and boring.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

I actually like the Adder a little more than the Entity, because the Entity feels really long

it's like comparing the Bullet to the Infernus/Turismo in GTA SA, Bullet seemed more compact and a little nicer to drive, plus the weight is a great addition

GTA FaN 2001
  • GTA FaN 2001

yolo

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

PS:

http://www.motoringe...yron-gets-towed

124.jpg

heyyy cooooool

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I dislike bugattis in general. They're ugly to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users