» «
Photo

In defense of the Adder

130 replies to this topic
The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by The Red Commissar, 27 November 2013 - 01:22 AM.

0_0.jpg

The Truffade Adder, the most expensive super car in the game, based off of the legendary Bugatti Veyron which is considered by most to be the fastest car in the world. At one million dollars it's certainly not cheap, however if you are looking for a combination of sports and luxury, with legendary top speed, this car is the way to go. 

So what's with all the hate towards it? 

There seems to be a lot of animosity towards this vehicle. The price tag is certainly a downside, all of us can agree on that, yet that can't possibly be the only reason why people despise this car! Is it because the vehicle is commonly associated with glitches and cheaters who didn't work for it? Is it because the car under performs? Is it because hating this car and loving another is the cool thing to do right now? Is it all of the above or none of the above? This thread is meant to approach the issue as objectively as possible. 

1. Comparison to the Cheetah and Entity XF

Let me get this across right now, this is not another "which car is better thread." I feel that the top three super cars, the Adder, Cheetah, and the Entity, each have their own niche' where one clearly outperforms the other two. I will go into further detail. 

Also, it's a common misconception that once the bar is full for a stat, it can't go any higher. This video seems to disprove that thought. In it you'll see an Entity and an Adder both with turbo and other acceleration mods (they both have the same set up). If they went into Los Santos Customs, the acceleration bar would be full for both cars, implying that they both have the same acceleration. Though as you can see in the video, the Entity accelerates better than the Adder, despite the mods. 

First things first, lets look at how this car functions on paper. IGN has created a nifty guide of all the vehicles stats based on the 10 point system currently in the game. This will be used as the basis for our stat analysis. 

http://www.ign.com/w.../gta-5/Vehicles

Before we even look at stats, lets determine what they actually mean. 

Speed: The highest maximum speed the car can go. 

Brake: How quickly the car can stop using it's normal brakes. 

Acceleration: How quickly the car gains speed. 

Handling: How stable and easy to drive the car is, particularly when making high speed turns. 

The Truffade Adder has the following stats. 

Speed: 8.6

Brake: 3.3

Acceleration: 8

Handling: 7.6

The Adder looks pretty good to me! Though that handling could be a problem, hmmm, lets come back to that later. Here are the other stats for the Cheetah and Entity. 

Entity XF

Speed: 8.3

Brake: 3

Acceleration: 8.3

Handling: 8.3

Cheetah

Speed: 8.2

Brake: 2.7

Acceleration: 8

Handling: 8

So what do all of these numbers mean? Clearly, when it comes to straight up speed, the Adder is supreme. However speed isn't everything, and that will help define the niches that these other cars fit into. 

The Adder with it's unrivaled speed, good braking, decent acceleration, and poor handling is clearly a car designed for long distance races where those tiny differences in speed can result in mile long gaps between cars after several laps. It's also clearly meant for long stretches of road such as a highway or airstrip. 

The Cheetah has pretty lame speed, piss poor braking, decent acceleration yet fantastic handling. This makes it great for weaving around traffic or making tight turns, where the Entity and Adder will need to slow down. This is the car for the city man. It's not the fastest of the super cars, hell even some sports cars are faster, yet that doesn't matter because you rarely have enough room to reach max speed in Los Santo's busy streets anyway.  

The Entity is in between these two. A jack of all trades, yet a master of none. It will dominate an Adder in the streets due to it's superior handling and acceleration, and annihilate the cheetah in a speed contest. Yet if the Adder has enough room to gain speed, the Entity will be eating it's dust. And if the Cheetah can weave through the urban jungle, then the Entity will find itself getting left behind. 

So to sum it up, not a single one of these big three are better than the other! It all comes down to where you need it the most. For me, the Adder does great as I prefer to drive on long stretches of road, and when I do need to make a turn, the braking does just fine. A friend of mine has a Cheetah and I can safely say, whenever we're stuck in the slums of Los Santo's that's the car I want. Though I'm usually the one laughing whenever we have a long road trip ahead. :)

2. The Adder looks awesome, let's face it. 

0_0.jpg

Ahhh, the Chrome Adder. Nothing says "I glitched this game like a prick!" than someone driving around in one of these. Chrome just isn't a color that goes with this car, already contributing to the negative stigma that the vehicle unjustly has. Let's look at a better image of the car shall we?

adder.jpg

Now we're talking! Proper colors such as this (pretty much anything but chrome) allow the beauty of the Adder to truly shine. Yes yes yes I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Many people find the Adder ugly and who am I to tell them they are wrong? Let's look at another. 

0_0.jpg

Looking pretty darn good! The Adder, much like the Bugatti Veyron that it's based off of, combines the best of muscle, luxury, and sport cars. It's looks stocky and heavy, giving off the impression that it's tough like a muscle car. Yet those smooth curved surfaces and absolutely lavish interior give off the impression of a luxury vehicle. On the other side, that aerodynamic frame, cooling vents and air intakes galore (especially towards the rear) gives it that sporty appearance. For someone that wants it all when it comes to looks, there's really no better luxury car for the task. Here's a real life, Bugattiy Veyron for comparison. 

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-wallpaper.jpg

The Veyron, showing off what the Germany and France can accomplish together once they stop shooting at each other. The elegance of French design with the raw power of German engineering? What more could you ask for!? 

3. "So, Comrade Commissar, why do people hate the Adder?"

Now we address exactly why people seem to despise it so much. It really comes down to one basic principle, something that humans naturally do. 

It's more fun to cheer for the underdogs.

The Adder and it's real life counter part get a lot of recognition. Between the speed records, the recognizable brand name, crazy price tags, and it's overall popularity, rooting for the Adder/Veyron is just too easy. There are many other cars in this game that deserve a little love once in a while. By cheering for them and hissing at the Adder it gives cars that would normally be overlooked some of the attention they justly deserve. 

Now we all know that people do have legitimate reasons for disliking the Adder. Most do. Some people don't like the way it looks. Some don't like the way it performs. That's understandable and perfectly justified. Though what really bothers me is this blind hatred towards Adders and even more unsettling, people who drive them. 

I got my Adder 100% legitly. No glitches, hacks, cheats or mods. I didn't even buy a cash card for it. I can understand the spite towards those that use exploits to get the Adder though why some people seem to be against the Adder and everyone who owns one is a little bothersome. 

Name calling and griefing is common in this game. I'm not really irked by it. Hell, I've even done it myself, almost all of us have! That's part of the fun to be had in GTA Online. Though I do notice that I get a lot more unwanted attention every time I take my Adder out for a spin. Sometimes it's little things like people blocking the entrance to Los Stantos Customs or getting me trapped in a tight spot. Other times I'm spawn killed repeatedly, just for owning this car. If the person in question can afford to pay my insurance, they almost always destroy the car. Hell, on one occasion I got an actual death threat just for winning a few races in my Adder. 

Basically I made this thread for two reasons. To address misconceptions about the Adder and other super cars in general, and to shed a little light on the unwarranted hate towards Adders and Adder drivers. In the end though, your opinion is up to you. Chances are, this thread didn't make you change your opinion on the Adder, though hopefully it did alleviate the unwarranted disgust towards this lovely vehicle. 

The day I got my Adder in GTA Online was my proudest achievement in the game so far. I worked hard towards it, played my cards right, and eventually I got what I aimed for. I personally like the car a lot and no amount of forum trolling or game griefing is going to make me swap it out for something else. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• ten-a-penny, Canucks555, Nivak and 5 others like this

1 billion dollar
  • 1 billion dollar

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Great post op.
I don't know why they hate the chrome adder.

Maybe jelly

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

I dont hate chrome adders just the people who post about it every minute like it is funny

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Great post op.
I don't know why they hate the chrome adder.

Maybe jelly

Personally I even don't like the Chrome Adder. I feel like it's too gimmicky and takes away from the look of the Adder, and if the cheaters ever had a logo, the Chrome Adder would be it. 

Adder's with Chrome as the secondary color can look really awesome actually, but I've never been fond of the ones with it as a primary color. 

• LordBattleBeard likes this

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

That yellow one is sick!

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Absolutely great post by the OP. Still dislike the Chrome Adder, but you might have shown these forums what it means to own an Adder again.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I'll race you for a hamburger! Ha Ha Ha!"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I don't like it cause its overrated as hell, both in game and irl.

(If it wasn't for the McLaren F1 and efforts of TVR and their Cerbera Speed 12, the Veyron might not even exist.)

• ten-a-penny and BigJoe_1 like this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

the first one looks pretty good. All the other adders in that post are super ugly. esp yellow and blue

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

f*ck it's an ugly car irl eh? Not much better on here, but the first pic looks good, terrible after that though.

Chrome gets an instant bullet, usually because they shoot first since they're expecting to die :p

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

I purchased one of these recently and almost immediately started behaving like a dick, driving around dropping grenades in the path of other players. Its like it puts a spell on you to start trolling. I would never do that in my precious entity, but what does that tell you? Maybe the Entity is a stuck up little diva car that really deserves all the hate?

On a serious note though, I race a fair bit and Entity's always smoke everything else in long races or in short lap races with heavy traffic entity is a racing king no question, Not every single time but generally speaking. 

My new adder

0_0.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

That yellow one is sick!

I love it! The colors are just perfectly matched! 

Absolutely great post by the OP. Still dislike the Chrome Adder, but you might have shown these forums what it means to own an Adder again.

I don't think anyone likes the Chrome Adder to be honest  :lol: And thank you, that's what I was aiming to do! 

(If it wasn't for the McLaren F1 and efforts of TVR and their Cerbera Speed 12, the Veyron might not even exist.)

It probably wouldn't, but then again if it wasn't for Henry Ford and his Model T, no practical gasoline car design would exist. Progress is almost always based on what came before. I would agree that the Veyron is a bit overrated, but that's the best part about it! Other super car makers, especially Koenigsegg are designing their new vehicles almost entirely around topping the Veyron. This aggresive competition is great for the future of hyper cars and cars in general. Everyone is trying to beat the standard that the Veyron set (you could argue some already have) and that's what that industry is all about. 

SGra5829
  • SGra5829

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Adders are great cars, I got rid of mine for an entity because of the fact the entity looks a little better,
The stats are damn near the same (its the driver not the car)
And because the entity has a lot more bullet cover from behind which I like when I'm being chased.
That and I didn't want to get rid of the other cars in my garage for the entity

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

not trying to take away from the car but, Its not a normal bugatti veyron that has the record its only the super sport model (only 5 of em made). and its a production car record and there are supposed to be 50 of em made to qualify but they make exceptions. The crown will soon be taken by the new Koenigsegg. 

Personaly i have never found the car to be very attractive and if i dont like the looks of a car i wont find it appealing.

• JayDM420 likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I'll race you for a hamburger! Ha Ha Ha!"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

That yellow one is sick!

I love it! The colors are just perfectly matched! 

I don't think anyone likes the Chrome Adder to be honest  :lol: And thank you, that's what I was aiming to do! 

It probably wouldn't, but then again if it wasn't for Henry Ford and his Model T, no practical gasoline car design would exist. Progress is almost always based on what came before. I would agree that the Veyron is a bit overrated, but that's the best part about it! Other super car makers, especially Koenigsegg are designing their new vehicles almost entirely around topping the Veyron. This aggresive competition is great for the future of hyper cars and cars in general. Everyone is trying to beat the standard that the Veyron set (you could argue some already have) and that's what that industry is all about. 

Don't mind me, still sour over TVR filing for Ch. 11 last year.

• The Red Commissar likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Lagful, 27 November 2013 - 01:35 AM.

Adder hate is just a bandwagon. 

"Everyone else hates it so I might as well hate it."

• kdub likes this

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

I want a ferrari laferrari dlc call it grotti orgasm

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

I purchased one of these recently and almost immediately started behaving like a dick, driving around dropping grenades in the path of other players. Its like it puts a spell on you to start trolling. I would never do that in my precious entity, but what does that tell you? Maybe the Entity is a stuck up little diva car that really deserves all the hate?

On a serious note though, I race a fair bit and Entity's always smoke everything else in long races or in short lap races with heavy traffic entity is a racing king no question, Not every single time but generally speaking. 

My new adder

0_0.jpg

Haha I'm not sure about the douchebag spell, though I can say that the Entity and Adder do cut close. In the end it's always about driver skill, but the Adder's speed advantage allows it to gain a long term advantage. One screw up and your done of course, but over a long race, those few feet the Adder leads over the Entity start to turn into a few hundred feet, then a few thousand, then a few miles if the race even goes on for that long. 

I don't have my own Entity but I do love it's performance in racing. Again, a good driver will win no matter what car he's in, but I find myself using the Entity on tracks where I could really use the extra stability. With practice I've adapted to the Adder's crap handling and with proper braking I found that I prefer it over the Entity. However, like I said in my thread, the Entity is the best all-rounder. If you want a car that can do a little bit of everything, that's the car you go for. 

Nice Adder by the way :) The color of the stripes are very fitting. 

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

I've never liked the adder simply because i think its an ugly looking design. I don't even like the look of the real life Veyron its based on.

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Adders are great cars, I got rid of mine for an entity because of the fact the entity looks a little better,
The stats are damn near the same (its the driver not the car)
And because the entity has a lot more bullet cover from behind which I like when I'm being chased.
That and I didn't want to get rid of the other cars in my garage for the entity

I love the cover from behind the Entity provides. I don't think it's even possible to hit the driver from behind. 

However, an Adder will be able to outrun whatever is trying to shoot at you from behind in the first place  :sly:

not trying to take away from the car but, Its not a normal bugatti veyron that has the record its only the super sport model (only 5 of em made). and its a production car record and there are supposed to be 50 of em made to qualify but they make exceptions. The crown will soon be taken by the new Koenigsegg. 

Personaly i have never found the car to be very attractive and if i dont like the looks of a car i wont find it appealing.

I'm pretty sure the Veyron and the Super Sport are mostly the same. Of course I can be wrong. I know about super cars but I'm certainly not an expert. The new Koenigsegg looks fantastic and might very well beat the Veyron, though until then I can safely say the Veyron is still the fastest street legal car. 

As for the looks, it's all personal taste. I like how it combines elements from luxury, sport, and even muscle cars, but that's just me. 

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Adder hate is just a bandwagon. 

"Everyone else hates it so I might as well hate it."

Some people are certainly like that. Though I can see why some people might not be a fan of it. On the otherhand, it certainly sounds like a lot of people hate it just to hate it. 

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Good post OP, I agree in almost all points.

I own an Adder myself, it was one of my first cars. Actually I own 3 Adders right now, but will get rid of one. I can understand people saying they don't like the looks of it, well I have to admit it looks a bit weird, but NOT ugly imo. No it looks interesting imo, kinda cool. The handling is a bit slippery, I'm often having trouble in the city traffic. I also own an Entity, it was my first super sports car. I fell in love with it on the day it came out of its egg and I prefer it over the Adder. Owned a Cheerah back in the days and got rid of it. I didn't like its looks and I didn't like how it drives.

By the way, we stopped shooting each other a long time ago.

Okay, I want to use this thread to show my Adders, one of it is a Chradder, fully chromatized. I know it has a bad image, but I can not deny that it looks great, there's no other car in the game that looks better with chrome than the Adder imo.

ibw1mu.jpg

The Dollar rims are just to piss people off, I don't really like them myself.

2jbjrjc.jpg

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by GunWrath, 27 November 2013 - 01:22 PM.

No.
  • LeSuede and 1 billion dollar like this

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Very nice thread, and i give you props for your opinion and enthusiasm on the issue.

But....

Personally I would like to be an "Adder Fanboy" in GTA-O, but I can NOT bring myself to appreciate it, especially considering that i despise the real-life counter-part, the Veyron.

The fact that the first wave of glitcher/griefer, ruined its' "in-game persona" even further justifies my dis-like for it.

Recently i've ran into more griefer, and B-level GTA thugs driving in, and shooting out the back of Entitys. I WAS planning on getting one once i saved up for it,,,, key word being "was"... Its image is on par or worse than the Adder, for GTA-O, at least for me.

I'm < $400k away from getting my 2nd Super car, after my Bullet, which i love for FR crusing, but it's slow in races, a Cheetah. It's the only one of the "Big 3" that hasn't totally lost its respect, in my eyes. Best looking of the 3 might i add, by far.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

There's no other car in the game that looks better with chrome than the Adder imo.

double_facepalm.png

No car looks good in chrome, and i support the motion of destroying those seeking attention with dollar wheels.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Its like hating on call of duty/battlefield

People don't play the stuff, they just learn it through internet osmosis, i much prefer the adder and i think it is one of the best cars in the game in terms of speed and handling. Don't know why everyone says the handling sucks, unless i am going max speed i can easily make a turn. maybe its driver skill.

asetofgenes
  • asetofgenes

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

The thread is basically about hipsters

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

There's no other car in the game that looks better with chrome than the Adder imo.

double_facepalm.png

No car looks good in chrome, and i support the motion of destroying those seeking attention with dollar wheels.

ocelot f620 and Sentinel/XS would like to speak with you

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

I personally just don't like the adder.  It was fun to drive around in single player because it was so easy to get, but I burned out on it--and it's not really very good looking.

It also seems that most people who buy the Adder are under the impression that the car makes the driver.  I outrun almost all Adder drivers in my Infernus, and most of them in any other car I've got aside from the Kalahari or Intruder.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

ocelot f620 and Sentinel/XS would like to speak with you

To admit they look sh*t?

:p

The Red Commissar
  • The Red Commissar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

Good post OP, I agree in almost all points.

I own an Adder myself, it was one of my first cars. Actually I own 3 Adders right now, but will get rid of one. I can understand people saying they don't like the looks of it, well I have to admit it looks a bit weird, but NOT ugly imo. No it looks interesting imo, kinda cool. The handling is a bit slippery, I'm often having trouble in the city traffic. I also own an Entity, it was my first super sports car. I fell in love with it on the day it came out of its egg and I prefer it over the Adder. Owned a Cheerah back in the days and got rid of it. I didn't like its looks and I didn't like how it drives.

By the way, we stopped shooting each other a long time ago.

Okay, I want to use this thread to show my Adders, one of it is a Chradder, fully chromatized. I know it has a bad image, but I can not deny that it looks great, there's no other car in the game that looks better with chrome than the Adder imo.

ibw1mu.jpg

2jbjrjc.jpg

I love the looks of the Adder. It's classy yet still looks like it can get down and dirty when you need it to. Perfect for the GTA lifestyle if you ask me. I can see why most people prefer the Entity overall, but the Adder, even with all its faults, just appeals to me a bit more. 

I don't like Chrome much, but it looks good in the lighting of that picture. Excellent shades of green for the second picture though. What color is that exactly? 

U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS? U MAD BROS?U MAD BROS?

An eloquent and significant post. 

Very nice thread, and i give you props for your opinion and enthusiasm on the issue.

But....

Personally I would like to be an "Adder Fanboy" in GTA-O, but I can NOT bring myself to appreciate it, especially considering that i despise the real-life counter-part, the Veyron.

The fact that the first wave of glitcher/griefer, ruined its' "in-game persona" even further justifies my dis-like for it.

Recently i've ran into more griefer, and B-level GTA thugs driving in, and shooting out the back of Entitys. I WAS planning on getting one once i saved up for it,,,, key word being "was"... Its image is on par or worse than the Adder, for GTA-O, at least for me.

I'm < $400k away from getting my 2nd Super car, after my Bullet, which i love for FR crusing, but it's slow in races, a Cheetah. It's the only one of the "Big 3" that hasn't totally lost its respect, in my eyes. Best looking of the 3 might i add, by far.

Cheaters did ruin people's impression of the car a bit, but with the cheater pool growing larger and larger every day, we won't have to worry about those folk much longer. I really wish the penalty was more severe though to stop people from cheating. Let them keep their level but take away everything else. 

Dem cheatas give us honest Adder owners a bad name :(

The Cheetah looks awesome but by far it's best feature is that the front doubles as a stunt ramp. If you have a friend with one, take a sports car/sedan and drive head on into their Cheetah, you'll go flying! It seems silly at first but can save your life when some jackass decides he wants to ram you head on and pump you full of lead. Instead they just go flying over you! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users