Photo

Muscle Car Races

52 replies to this topic
Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

In most muscle car races I participate in, almost everyone uses the Dominator and the Gauntlet. I know those two cars are the fastest in the class, but do you any of you guys use a car other than those two mentioned?

I have a Dominator sitting in my garage, but I use my Ruiner more often in races because I like its shakotan look and I thought the muscle car races could use some more variety in cars.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I usually race my Phoenix or my Sabre.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by crazytrain424, 27 November 2013 - 02:00 AM.

i use a vigero mostly and i win  4/5 races with it. I know this is gonna sound duschy but im most likely better at driving muscle cars than the average joe that just picks "the fastest" car for each class and usually only races supers/sports. Muscle cars are in a whole different league...you have to be pro driver that knows exactly how to handle each one and if you can do this they are all pretty even(aside from the el camino, its pretty much a guaranteed loser). The gauntlet is ok i guess but i prefer the more classic looking muscle cars than the current era ones(vigero/phoenix/sabre, and i refuse to ever step foot inside a ford sh*tstain, i blow them up on sight

0_0.jpg

Please help me try and rid the gta world of Ford sh*tstains by blowing up/setting a fire to every one you encounter. You would be doing the public a great service.

• RogueStatus, Shmiqq and GTAVTheHeat like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

When I race muscle cars, I use a Phoenix, and I used to use a Ruiner.  I generally beat the folks using the Dominators and Gauntlets, but not always because of the car--usually because they have no idea how to drive.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

When I race muscle cars, I use a Phoenix, and I used to use a Ruiner.  I generally beat the folks using the Dominators and Gauntlets, but not always because of the car--usually because they have no idea how to drive.

Yep the non drivers always get one of those cars (gauntlet or the other junk which shall not be named)

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

sabre gt

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

I like my Sabre but I also like my Gauntlet(it was my first car in the game).  I think I am going to get back into racing them again.  Been a while.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

Yep the non drivers always get one of those cars (gauntlet or the other junk which shall not be named)

Wow, you're actually classifying people as non-drivers because they prefer a Gauntlet? That's just stupid. There's nothing special about being able to drive any of the cars. 

• billypilgrim69 likes this

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

I usually win in my ruiner but that's mostly because people driving muscle cars are huge dummies and crash each other out. if I crash I'm done for though. just got a Phoenix but I haven't raced in it yet.

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

Ruiner and saber. The gauntlet is ugly imo. Whats even more sad, I Hadley ever find a lobby where its a muscle car race.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by crazytrain424, 27 November 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Wow, you're actually classifying people as non-drivers because they prefer a Gauntlet? That's just stupid. There's nothing special about being able to drive any of the cars. 

no i didn't say if you use them you are always  a non driver...i said the non drivers always use those cars. Which means If your a good driver you might use them you might not. But if your a non driver you definetly are using them.

and yes there definetly is a special way to drive them as they all handle/slide different they especially differ from the other classes

• iJuanYouLost likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

i'm always using my Phoenix.

0_0.jpg

LubeMan
  • LubeMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

What game are you guys playing? I quit racing because I was sick of supers. I swear every race I join is supers or motorcycles.

I used to have a maxed out Phoenix, but it was waaaaay too hard to handle. Great on the straight though! I got a Dominator in the garage now. Maybe one day I'll join a race I can use it in...

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

tHE dOMINATOR AND gAUNTLET. Are definitely the best all-around. One for acceleration and one for top end and handling. But I roll with a Ruiner on my second character.

Its a shame that we can only have 10 cars cuz we can only have 1 property. 2 characters will not be sufficient for my vehicle needs and desires.

btw that Phoenix is sick.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by God-eater, 27 November 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Do not dis my beloved Gauntlet.

First PV, still have it, love it's lines and the way it moves, will never replace it. Don't care if it's not the fastest, coolest, best, most popular, limited mod options - or even if it is any of those things - I like it, and it occurs to me that when it comes to muscle cars it's all about personal preference. 

Driving any of the muscle cars well is a labor of love; I think it's a little harsh to call anyone who rocks one a "non-driver" - it takes some skill just to keep a Gauntlet in line, even after it gets going, and the higher top speed almost requires precognitive braking for turns/dodges (ever see how far an uncontrolled Gauntlet can oversteer? I've done full 360's completely accidentally).

It may not be my go-to car for missions or for pure speed, but cruising is what it's for - don't even need the radio, got that engine rumblin'...

• vw11 likes this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

lol I only just the dominator because it's the most expensive car to resell wink wink* (it's the only muscle car I have that's fully modded)

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just because

0_0.jpg

and

0_0.jpg

and

0_0.jpg

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Do not dis my beloved Gauntlet.

First PV, still have it, love it's lines and the way it moves, will never replace it. Don't care if it's not the fastest, coolest, best, most popular, limited mod options - or even if it is any of those things - I like it, and it occurs to me that when it comes to muscle cars it's all about personal preference. 

Driving any of the muscle cars well is a labor of love; I think it's a little harsh to call anyone who rocks one a "non-driver" - it takes some skill just to keep a Gauntlet in line, even after it gets going, and the higher top speed almost requires precognitive braking for turns/dodges (ever see how far an uncontrolled Gauntlet can oversteer? I've done full 360's completely accidentally).

It may not be my go-to car for missions or for pure speed, but cruising is what it's for - don't even need the radio, got that engine rumblin'...

again i did not say anyone who drives it is a non driver...i said anyone who is a non driver is driving it or the ford junk. I never dissed the gauntlet i said its an ok car

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

I used to have a maxed out Phoenix, but it was waaaaay too hard to handle. Great on the straight though! I got a Dominator in the garage now. Maybe one day I'll join a race I can use it in...

Sure, it's hard to handle if you try to take every turn at full speed by turning the wheel all the way.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

I use my ruiner... it looks pretty much stock but under the hood it's got all the power. people are shocked when I win races with it. It may not be the best muscle car stats wise, but it's my favorite

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

Wait... there are other races going on besides Supers on "The Commute" or "Criminal Records?" I had no idea. <ugh!>

But yes, my Declasse Sabre Turbo takes me back to my youth in the 70's, while the Imponte Ruiner takes me back to those crazy 80's! ;)

0_0.jpg 0_0.jpg

OGEverywhere
  • OGEverywhere

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Muscle car fanatics add me psn OGEverywhere

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

As I am an extreme Ford fan and also of the Mustang, there is no other choice for me than the Dominator :)

I am so happy they implemented a Mustang lookalike finally.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I really wish people did classes other than super or bikes as a few of you have mentioned.

I wish we could set search features for what type of race we were looking for.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

I like to use my Ruiner. It has dope exhaust pipes and doesn't afraid of anything.

0_0.jpg

Also, it's pure America. Note the white star rims.

0_0.jpg

Also, I just noticed that EyeMacHunt quoted me in his sig. I'm so popular! :D

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

I like to use my Ruiner. It has dope exhaust pipes and doesn't afraid of anything.

0_0.jpg

Also, it's pure America. Note the white star rims.

0_0.jpg

For something "Pure America" it looks like it's based on the old Nissan 300 ZX to me... :D

87-89_Nissan_300ZX.jpg

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

i use a vigero mostly and i win  4/5 races with it. I know this is gonna sound duschy but im most likely better at driving muscle cars than the average joe that just picks "the fastest" car for each class and usually only races supers/sports. Muscle cars are in a whole different league...you have to be pro driver that knows exactly how to handle each one and if you can do this they are all pretty even(aside from the el camino, its pretty much a guaranteed loser). The gauntlet is ok i guess but i prefer the more classic looking muscle cars than the current era ones(vigero/phoenix/sabre, and i refuse to ever step foot inside a ford sh*tstain, i blow them up on sight

0_0.jpg

Please help me try and rid the gta world of Ford sh*tstains by blowing up/setting a fire to every one you encounter. You would be doing the public a great service.

You are correct. You sound like a douchebag!. But if ever there was a game for a douchebag, its GTAO

• tom_p1980 likes this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

For something "Pure America" it looks like it's based on the old Nissan 300 ZX to me... :D

87-89_Nissan_300ZX.jpg

From le Wiki:

"The Ruiner is based on the third generation GM F-Body (seen in the period's Pontiac Firebird, and Chevrolet Camaro)."

So, yeah... 'MURICUH.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Depends on the race, Dominator if it's mainly straights, Ruiner or Sabre GT if it has corners.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:31 AM Edited by AscendantWyvern, 27 November 2013 - 11:32 AM.

For something "Pure America" it looks like it's based on the old Nissan 300 ZX to me...  :D

You DARE insult the third generation Firebird with that puny mockery?! KITT will find you, and kill you.

I race with my Ruiner as well, she's definitely a good drag racer. You have to know how to handle her on turns or else she'll kick your poor ass off the asphalt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users