The best bounty hunter hide outs...

61 replies to this topic
SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

I found this cave off the coast that has too speedophiles that spawn in the water next to it.

In the cave there's also a big rock one can climb up I like to go there. 

Nooooo stay away from the two speedophiles.

6023171886_dbfa0ab944_z.jpg

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

You guys actually hide?

No, not all of us my bearded friend. I'd like that thing gone so I can get on but I'd also like to do it in an entertaining way and involve a bit of a fight, other than say, standing in the road waiting to be killed by the first noob that wanders aimlessly along.What do you do when a bounty gets set on you?
Carry on my merry way and kill any f*cker that comes near me :cool: maybe a bit of off road on my Sanchez/Rebel. Each to their own but the stuff you guys described would bore the tits off me, i mean who the f*ck wants to sit in a sub/train or apartment(hiding anywhere)  for 50 mins. :sui:

I like spectating the n00bs who run into someone's car and then get pwn3d over and over again and never quit even though they never get a kill and likely have a a KD ratio of .01

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

I once got onto a train with a bounty, had 4 guys after me, it was amazing to see this guy pull alongside me and then get stopped completely by a bridge he couldnt get onto, but i got caught out by someone who knows that if you are on the platform of the train station it will stop the train, because he was up there waiting for me and when it got near the train started to stop and he just threw a bomb right on me...

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

When I have a bounty on me, I make a point to drive right next to people to get their attention in hopes they chase me. I d rather have a good chase for a few minutes than spend an hour hiding and avoiding people.
  • X3MIST and SAUL_SILVER like this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

You guys actually hide?

I wouldn't call it hiding. More of an ambush - go somewhere defensible, wait for the Bounty Hunters to come to you. 

For trolling, tho, I like to get in a Buzzard, get to max altitude then go hover over the submarine spawn points. They think you're low, so they come in low, then they realize you're high, so they go get a Buzzard/Lazer, but by the time they get back you've bailed and jumped into the sub and are now 300 ft below sea-level.

This brings me to a query - I've yet to fully test it, but the sub seems pretty much untouchable - no one can free dive 300ft and live and no vehicle can get a missile down to it (I suppose if you were to nose-dive a Lazer and fire right before you hit the water...).

The only thing I can think of is using Stickies as depth-charges - drop them over the side of the boat, let them sink down to the sub and set them off - of course, I imagine that you'd get one shot at it at best, as the sub pilot would move off as soon as they twigged to what you were doing). Anyway, has anyone tried this?

So you hide.

Ah, I see - you're one of those. I will respond once, but only out of some bizarre hope that meaningful dialogue can be achieved. 

If you are not in your apt, you are not 'hiding'. You are as vulnerable as you ever are and anyone can come after you. Nothing wrong with making them work for it, or even (gasp!) giving yourself an advantage. 

As I've said in previous threads, this is GTA - it has never been about standing your ground - get in, get the *insert objective here*, get out. GTA is about getting away with it, and the first part of that is the actual getting away. That's why we have more sports cars than tanks.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

F*ck the train. I rode the subway around one time. No buzzard worries there. Watching those white blips swarm around the stops but never figure out that I was 3 stories below them was hilarious. I finally bailed at the stop near my apartment so I could retrieve a car and carry on. One guy had it figured out by then and drove his Masa down the tunnel. He mustve just been watching for my blip and not where he was going though because he didn't see me on one of the set of stairs in the tunnel. I gunned him down, stole his jeep and backed my way out of there. Got nailed by another random about 10 minutes later but it was a hell of a ride while it lasted.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

You guys actually hide?

I wouldn't call it hiding. More of an ambush - go somewhere defensible, wait for the Bounty Hunters to come to you. 

For trolling, tho, I like to get in a Buzzard, get to max altitude then go hover over the submarine spawn points. They think you're low, so they come in low, then they realize you're high, so they go get a Buzzard/Lazer, but by the time they get back you've bailed and jumped into the sub and are now 300 ft below sea-level.

This brings me to a query - I've yet to fully test it, but the sub seems pretty much untouchable - no one can free dive 300ft and live and no vehicle can get a missile down to it (I suppose if you were to nose-dive a Lazer and fire right before you hit the water...).

The only thing I can think of is using Stickies as depth-charges - drop them over the side of the boat, let them sink down to the sub and set them off - of course, I imagine that you'd get one shot at it at best, as the sub pilot would move off as soon as they twigged to what you were doing). Anyway, has anyone tried this?

So you hide.

Ah, I see - you're one of those. I will respond once, but only out of some bizarre hope that meaningful dialogue can be achieved. 

If you are not in your apt, you are not 'hiding'. You are as vulnerable as you ever are and anyone can come after you. Nothing wrong with making them work for it, or even (gasp!) giving yourself an advantage. 

As I've said in previous threads, this is GTA - it has never been about standing your ground - get in, get the *insert objective here*, get out. GTA is about getting away with it, and the first part of that is the actual getting away. That's why we have more sports cars than tanks.

I like the way you put that.  I do make those chasing me work for it.  My schedule has been so hectic that I can't play with my usual friends on most days.  So when by myself, as soon as I get that bounty put on me, it's pretty much 15 vs. 1 now and I need a way to even things out.  You can be the greatest player in the session, but that doesn't mean squat unless everybody else in that lobby is under lvl 10(which is never).  Hiding in your apartment is pretty cheap.  But using the tunnels and/or inside a building makes people work for it.  Also, I don't know about the rest of the people here, but being in a high speed chase gives me a thrill, especially if they are using a jet or buzzard. 

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

I think the amount of bounties being handed out by NPCs is down to the amount of people in the session. 

i think its random cause i still get 1-9k bounties in invite only sessions

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

You guys actually hide?

So you hide.

It is called laying low.

People do it in real life when they are being hunted as well.

Google it.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Bank by the theatre number one spot. I go upstairs and watch the hall ways. When I get a bounty I like to get kills and not just hide and run the time out. Never fails, people love shooting up that bank

HERE2Pres
  • HERE2Pres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

My alamo is the hospital with helicopters. The stair case in the courtyard is a good spot as it has plenty of cover and you can park your car in front of the gate so you can return fire to escape up the stairs. From there the only ways up are 2 ladders and a set of stairs with a blind corner. If things get too hot, just bail out in a chopper, rig the other one just in case somebody decides to follow you.

• jameznash likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 27 November 2013 - 07:14 AM.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

You guys actually hide?

But hide and seek is so much fun!

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Escape by yacht.

When the rain and thunder comes in it starts to feel like The Truman Show.

THIS^^

did you reach the wall?

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Most of the time I just go up towards the top of the map, most people are too lazy to come after you, when they do I usually just go to the top of a mountain and snipe them as they come after me.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 27 November 2013 - 09:46 AM.

The submarine is great for laughs. You're pretty much safe from 150 ft and on.  What I normally would do  on the sub is  wait for someone  to swim out to me  to realize I'm not there, then I slowly creep behind them as they are swimming back to land. I'll surface open the hatch climb up, I'll exit the sub whip out  the Heavy Sniper and watch them swim to shore. Wait till they are on the beach  time the shot with the sequence of the waves from crest to trough, 2 shots max, sometimes I get it on the first one depending on the waves. Down the hatch I go back to 150ft  wait and catfish some more ;)

• gevans81 and EyeMacHunt like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

I like to run, in order to make it challenging for both them and me.  Sure, I've not been in the mood for it before now and just walked up to the nearest player and waited, but normally I enjoy getting a bounty on me.  Plenty times I've gone to the freeway and just jacked car after car after car until I do get one on me.

There have been a couple of comedy moments, such as the guy stood above me when I was in the cave, and I sent him a text saying "invisible glitch - you can't get me" and so he left :)

There was also the guy that didn't know there were subs and asked me how I was holding my breath for that long.  I ended up giving him a tour of some of the features he could look forward to (was only a low level, < 10), and finished leaving him in the sub to explore.

As far as hiding goes, I don't consider what I do hiding.  I try to survive by making it a challenge for people to get to me - train, subway, skyscrapers etc..  I've had some epic chases doing this and consider it great fun.

• gevans81 likes this

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

came in expecting pictures

i'm out

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

i'm out

2w4f9t3.jpg

leicesterboy
  • leicesterboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Saw someone somehow hiding in a wall at the back of the hair dressers, somehow was managing to kill people and police through the wall... reported

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

I like to make a stand in the fire station practice towers. One by hospital east side of city.

Has 3x levels with open windows to climb in. or go on roof. Put bombs on the only steps going up to get the first victim. you can shoot out the windows or go on the top level (not good if helicopter after you).

I like to make a fight of it. don't mind people killing me as long as its been good fun. The money is low anyway so hiding and waiting to keep it is actually a waist of time - just do a mission that takes a few minutes to get more money.

The point of the bounty is all about having a standoff. no point hiding - just need to find a good place to make the other players work for it. Then its fun.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't do anything really, hiding is for losers and a 5k bounty doesn't affect me at all, hell I piss away 9k. It could be a 100k bounty and i still wouldn't bat an eye :p

I just play normally, any white dots moving towards me die.

Legit Glitcher
  • Legit Glitcher

$1,934,802,415

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

i'm out

2w4f9t3.jpg

lawl

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've heard that the sub is a great way to be an ass if you've got a bounty, but I haven't seen it spawn yet. Maybe it's a level thing.

Think so, nobody can actually hit you (i think).

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by bensons, 27 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Escape by yacht.

When the rain and thunder comes in it starts to feel like The Truman Show.

THIS^^

did you reach the wall?

lol this should be included as part of the 100% completion........"The Truman Award"

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I find a roof with no ladder access.  Got to have low walls that I can shoot over but still use for cover.  And having vent or other things up there to cover is also necessary.

Used the sub once.  It's as boring as hiding in the apartment :/  I want kills when I have a bounty.

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

i hid on an island once, with a 9k bounty, to see if anyone would come after me. it took a while (was about to give up), until i noticed a white dot facing me from the nearby shore.

instead of finding a boat, he started swimming towards me. i sniped him a couple of times, then noticed he was being smarter and swimming under the surface as much as possible.

i decided to let him reach the island and feeling a bit guilty, put my gun away and let him shoot me and claim the bounty.

i respawned on the island and we spent the next ten minutes or so repeatedly killing one another, always spawning on the island.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

i hid on an island once, with a 9k bounty, to see if anyone would come after me. it took a while (was about to give up), until i noticed a white dot facing me from the nearby shore.

instead of finding a boat, he started swimming towards me. i sniped him a couple of times, then noticed he was being smarter and swimming under the surface as much as possible.

i decided to let him reach the island and feeling a bit guilty, put my gun away and let him shoot me and claim the bounty.

i respawned on the island and we spent the next ten minutes or so repeatedly killing one another, always spawning on the island.

There are some awesome islands - especially the larger ones on the west coast.  I was very surprised not to find a gang attack on any of them.

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

The Notorious K.i.T.T.Y

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Good luck finding me, I know a few places where I can get inside the map and hide. Some I can even shoot out of. XP

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Good luck finding me, I know a few places where I can get inside the map and hide. Some I can even shoot out of. XP

We don't give a sh*t about cheats here.
  • lilpokerface likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users