Photo

The best bounty hunter hide outs...

61 replies to this topic
I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Recently with what seems to be a massive increase in bounties being handed out for nicking some poor sods motor I am finding some great sport in encouraging people to come try and get it off me.

I've done the give it to a friend and split it thing, following the roads high up in a chopper and going underground. Waiting it out in your place isn't an option really but you can try your chances by grabbing a ride on the freight train.....

It's fun to watch the various modes of transport used and the lengths players are prepared to go through to get a 1000 $ as you circle around the island. I had one player tonight almost drive the whole rail network alongside me only to be done over by some forward thinker hiding on a bridge. 

You can eat your dinner whilst you watch too...

• gevans81 and jameznash like this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

I've heard that the sub is a great way to be an ass if you've got a bounty, but I haven't seen it spawn yet. Maybe it's a level thing.

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Lol need to try that

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I've heard that the sub is a great way to be an ass if you've got a bounty, but I haven't seen it spawn yet. Maybe it's a level thing.

Spawns at any level up at the top right of the map near the quarry in a little bay 

• Canucks555 likes this

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I can think of 3 spots, inside the bank near the Oriental Theater, underground where the tracks passes by a construction area and the pier on Chumash.  You can funnel in the guys and light them up first with sticky bombs set up as traps and then shoot them around corners. 

• gevans81 and Kalik like this

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I think the amount of bounties being handed out by NPCs is down to the amount of people in the session. 

• cubby73 likes this

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I forgot about this, I found on over in the Merryweather docks.  As soon as you enter from the fenced gate, take a left and it should be next to the yellow ladder that goes in the water.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I just hide at the airport.  Theres a building you can go into to escape someone that happens to have a jet, buzzards are easy to avoid and a lot of different vantage points to mix things up.  Also when someone dies they spawn near the terminal so you have time to find different areas to hide and kill lol

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Inside the back of the terminal building, messes with peoples minds as they think you've vanished.  :lol:

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

I saw a guy with a $5k bounty riding the train around just hoping someone would chase after him. He even went to the extent to send me a text message asking me to come try to kill him. I watched some other guy chasing along side the train with no luck.

I figured I'd show this kid how silly he really was. I grabbed a buzzard, tracked down his train car and took him out with one shot. Then sent him a text back.

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

A real good place is near the top of the building under construction. I say near the top because you can be on the 2nd level from the top and have a good vantage to kill your pursuers. The only way they can get you is climbing the ladder where crane is, easy kill, or by helicopter, and they have to land on top or 2nd level from top, either way you have cover and can pop out and get them. Because they don't know what level you are on, and there are several levels to hide and see them before they see you!

• gevans81 likes this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by Canucks555, 27 November 2013 - 12:42 AM.

A real good place is near the top of the building under construction. I say near the top because you can be on the 2nd level from the top and have a good vantage to kill your pursuers. The only way they can get you is climbing the ladder where crane is, easy kill, or by helicopter, and they have to land on top or 2nd level from top, either way you have cover and can pop out and get them. Because they don't know what level you are on, and there are several levels to hide and see them before they see you!

So YOU'RE the guy that's always up there!  

Ric517
  • Ric517

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

The tunnels under Los Santos is a great hiding spot. Just get underneath any road so players will think you're either invisible or in a helicopter. And don't forget to drive a motorcycle there to get places quicker. It also helps if you have the cheapest 10 gar garage apartment because a tunnel entrance is very close to it.

• Ewok626 likes this

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

So YOU'RE the guy that's always up there!  

Maybe......lol

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

You guys actually hide?

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

You guys actually hide?

Yeah, for the lolz and when making it hard for others to come get you.  Sometimes, I just get in my Akuma and drive around the map.  But this all depends on what mood I am in.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Take a Jet Ski into that tunnel right near Del Perro Pier. Also if you have a heli go on top of a skyscraper.

Mike Honcho
  • Mike Honcho

Packin' Dips

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

If I am in Blaine County and get a bounty I will go to the meth lab, steal a barracks that spawns down the road, park it up against the wall, shoot out the windows and climb in. This is the only way to get in there and it's hilarious to watch people try to climb up into the window. If they destroy the barracks, no biggie since you can just jump out.

http://i.imgur.com/NPyFqza.jpg

• A Maned Wolf likes this

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

The tunnels under Los Santos is a great hiding spot. Just get underneath any road so players will think you're either invisible or in a helicopter. And don't forget to drive a motorcycle there to get places quicker. It also helps if you have the cheapest 10 gar garage apartment because a tunnel entrance is very close to it.

• Tomkatnyc likes this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by God-eater, 27 November 2013 - 01:22 AM.

You guys actually hide?

I wouldn't call it hiding. More of an ambush - go somewhere defensible, wait for the Bounty Hunters to come to you. 

For trolling, tho, I like to get in a Buzzard, get to max altitude then go hover over the submarine spawn points. They think you're low, so they come in low, then they realize you're high, so they go get a Buzzard/Lazer, but by the time they get back you've bailed and jumped into the sub and are now 300 ft below sea-level.

This brings me to a query - I've yet to fully test it, but the sub seems pretty much untouchable - no one can free dive 300ft and live and no vehicle can get a missile down to it (I suppose if you were to nose-dive a Lazer and fire right before you hit the water...).

The only thing I can think of is using Stickies as depth-charges - drop them over the side of the boat, let them sink down to the sub and set them off - of course, I imagine that you'd get one shot at it at best, as the sub pilot would move off as soon as they twigged to what you were doing). Anyway, has anyone tried this?

• Gibbzy101 likes this

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

You guys actually hide?

I wouldn't call it hiding. More of an ambush - go somewhere defensible, wait for the Bounty Hunters to come to you. 

For trolling, tho, I like to get in a Buzzard, get to max altitude then go hover over the submarine spawn points. They think you're low, so they come in low, then they realize you're high, so they go get a Buzzard/Lazer, but by the time they get back you've bailed and jumped into the sub and are now 300 ft below sea-level.

This brings me to a query - I've yet to fully test it, but the sub seems pretty much untouchable - no one can free dive 300ft and live and no vehicle can get a missile down to it (I suppose if you were to nose-dive a Lazer and fire right before you hit the water...).

The only thing I can think of is using Stickies as depth-charges - drop them over the side of the boat, let them sink down to the sub and set them off - of course, I imagine that you'd get one shot at it at best, as the sub pilot would move off as soon as they twigged to what you were doing). Anyway, has anyone tried this?

So you hide.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Escape by yacht.

When the rain and thunder comes in it starts to feel like The Truman Show.

• xNinjaStarfishx likes this

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

The only time I've ever encountered a bounty in a sub, I claimed it easy by lobbing grenades into the water...maybe I just got lucky because it does seem like the sub is a good idea. What probably helped me was the fact he was in the marina area at the time and so probably couldn't dive too deep...there were cops after him too which first alerted me to his whereabouts as I could see them all lined up shooting into the water and shouting 'there's the bastard' lol. I don't know how he had managed to piss them off from under water :)

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Escape by yacht.

When the rain and thunder comes in it starts to feel like The Truman Show.

Except the boat eventually sinks.... My sea adventuring days were short lived!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by woggleman, 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM.

Now that I think about it on top of a skyscraper seems like the best idea. Go to the construction site where you can hide under a floor so buzzards have a hard time reach you.

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by I'll get my coat..., 27 November 2013 - 02:12 AM.

You guys actually hide?

No, not all of us my bearded friend. I'd like that thing gone so I can get on but I'd also like to do it in an entertaining way and involve a bit of a fight, other than say, standing in the road waiting to be killed by the first noob that wanders aimlessly along.

What do you do when a bounty gets set on you?

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Parachute into one of the middle levels of the construction building and take cover behind anything with a wall or two shielding you, nobody can see you and if someone lands on the wrong level, they won't keep trying over and over to find your level.

Plus, if a buzzard is looking through all the levels, a couple shots from an MG and they're down, you then have to wonder if they remember what level you were on, since they all look the same.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by SAUL_SILVER, 27 November 2013 - 02:28 AM.

You guys actually hide?

No, not all of us my bearded friend. I'd like that thing gone so I can get on but I'd also like to do it in an entertaining way and involve a bit of a fight, other than say, standing in the road waiting to be killed by the first noob that wanders aimlessly along.

Carry on my merry way and kill any f*cker that comes near me :cool: maybe a bit of off road on my Sanchez/Rebel.

Each to their own but the stuff you guys described would bore the tits off me, i mean who the f*ck wants to sit in a sub/train or apartment(hiding anywhere)  for 50 mins. :sui:

katanaV8
  • katanaV8

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I found this cave off the coast that has too speedophiles that spawn in the water next to it.

In the cave there's also a big rock one can climb up I like to go there. 

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by I'll get my coat..., 27 November 2013 - 02:46 AM.

You guys actually hide?

Carry on my merry way and kill any f*cker that comes near me :cool: maybe a bit of off road on my Sanchez/Rebel.

Each to their own but the stuff you guys described would bore the tits off me, i mean who the f*ck wants to sit in a sub/train or apartment(hiding anywhere)  for 50 mins. :sui:

Agreed there, being out of sight is no fun. With some of the stuff players describe, it suggests that they don't want to be found? I do and I don't try hide that fact. I just enjoy making others working for their prize. I've done the off road thing, getting a bus up to the top of Mt Chiliad (and down again the quick way) was the highlight of that. As you put it, each to their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users