Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3 & Xbox)

234 replies to this topic
LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I noticed last night that each race made has its own comment page. Maybe we should focus the feedback directly to the creators and anyone looking to possibly add them.
  • BenMillard and mo-seph like this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

http://rsg.ms/1c0ZTfC

Does this work, just testing if this link, actually links you to a created track on the social club ??

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

As far as "Red Rum Approved Races" I've added the races created by Red Rum members in the #2 post of the Red Rum Racing thread under Crews & Gangs. If another thread sounds like the better deal, where would we put on that's not already lead by RRR and wont chance getting locked.

judging from Tokes input it seems it might be allowable for us to create a new thread in the crews & gangs section for this.

I know this goes against my comments yesterday but after mod input i stand corrected (humbly steps aside)

I know a few people have had troubles keepin up with multiple subjects in discussion in single thread... so a new thread may be the best way. Im happy to set this up iff everyone is ok with that... take a copy and paste of the content added by TBC to the existing thread...

My only think with this is the external links caveat in the section rules, but i think GTAF are happily accepting social club links for created content.

@Luap definitely think that giving direct feedback to creators via SC is a good idea, as not everyone views the GTAF

@don, that worked, took me to "this could get messy" so its spot on fella. you can use the same method to link to either all your created content, or all red rum created content by extracting the right link from social club... jsut in case you need any "top level" referal links...

• ToBContinued08 likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Theres always the option of a static webpage (as opposed and RRR forum) and weekly mailing list, but that would take some management

I could have a static page up very quickly if needed. I would have to see about getting a specific domain name if it is a must though. I will send you what I am using right now in a PM, I don't want it to look like I am advertising with an external link.

• cloudfuel likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

If we can start a new thread here without it getting locked, that's the way to go. Keeps all Red Rum action in the threads.
  • cloudfuel likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by mo-seph, 13 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.

hey tbc,

whiel you have quite a bit on with differnt RRR thread you have created do you want me to start this?

I can just C&P the existing ones from here, then we can limit all discussion of UGC in that thread, here is general discussion and the Weekly events thread for.... weekly events lol.. including the current weekly challenge and if we setup a "New Prospects" event (based on the new structure proposal) or any other weekly things we setup.

Personally i think the weekly event's should only be used if the event will be regular, weekly set time, place etc. Eg "Wed Night PS3 Cruise & Pics" or "Tuesday Xbox Drag Races" ... you would retain control of what events are shown in the main OP. any random "Dirt Rally Tonight" sort of posts should probably stay in the genernal ~Red Rum Racing~ if its not going to be an ongoing regular feature.

its kinda hard to balance having too many threads with having too many discussion in one thread, we need to try and stay focus on topic as we are still growing fast can get confusing having mutiple discussions on one thread

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

By all means go for it. lol

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

done and setup here

RRR UGC Thread

ignore the spammy #2 comment, lets just press on and post our content and give each other feedback in one centralised place :)

highside_rider
  • highside_rider

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

on the topic of weekly challenges. lap times are posted on R* which is a great thing however there's no indication of custom or stock. why not take all the guess work out and just allow for custom? last night i was running laps on dockyard with a stock feltzer then tried with elegy and then compared lap times via R* social. honestly i don't see the point in slow lap times as it contradicts the point of a fast lap and takes away time used for other things besides running lap after lap after lap, etc...

if your racing might as well race with the fastest vehicle possible within that class. i understand that we don't want to discriminate lower level characters but having it custom just ensures the fastest lap times possible, acts as an incentive to know your vehicle and doesn't waste time.

it would be great if R* site actually indicated the use of stock/custom as it would be a valid option for challenges but when it comes to racing??? who wants to compare apples to oranges, the debate will go on forever...if we're without a shadow of a doubt comparing apples to apples then we're getting somewhere because the playing field is equal.

btw the world record on dockyard is insane!!! i've tried to figure out how the person did it hopefully legitimately noentheless...INSANE!!!

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

The reason we are doing stock cars is so everyone has the same mods in the cars, in this settings, no mods. Some members do not have all mods unlocked yet.

highside_rider
  • highside_rider

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by cazualplay, 13 December 2013 - 05:30 PM.

you can't guarantee the person hasn't modded their ride. a futo will still be listed as a futo regardless if its stock or custom so there's not way to accurately judge a lap. in the scope of judging lap times it doesn't make sense. just like off camber turns on public roads.

i'll run the laps regardless even if it's in a futo :( sooo slow LOL

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

We go by a trust rating, we are not doing this for money, just to mess around and to garner some RRR comrade.

So, you are right in that we do not know if someone is cheating or not, but why bother to cheat. If you do, then this crew probably isn't for that person to begin with.

• cloudfuel likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

The way i see it rockstar already covered the leaderboard for anything goes including customs. What we are doing is a competition for RRR members and as such should be inclusive of all members regardless of what cars they own. I trust that no one is cheating.
  • cloudfuel likes this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

on the topic of weekly challenges. lap times are posted on R* which is a great thing however there's no indication of custom or stock. why not take all the guess work out and just allow for custom? last night i was running laps on dockyard with a stock feltzer then tried with elegy and then compared lap times via R* social. honestly i don't see the point in slow lap times as it contradicts the point of a fast lap and takes away time used for other things besides running lap after lap after lap, etc...

if your racing might as well race with the fastest vehicle possible within that class. i understand that we don't want to discriminate lower level characters but having it custom just ensures the fastest lap times possible, acts as an incentive to know your vehicle and doesn't waste time.

it would be great if R* site actually indicated the use of stock/custom as it would be a valid option for challenges but when it comes to racing??? who wants to compare apples to oranges, the debate will go on forever...if we're without a shadow of a doubt comparing apples to apples then we're getting somewhere because the playing field is equal.

btw the world record on dockyard is insane!!! i've tried to figure out how the person did it hopefully legitimately noentheless...INSANE!!!

The challenge isn't about using a custom car and setting the fastest time possible though.

The whole point of the challenge is about setting each race with stock cars to ensure it's level for everyone, regardless if you're level 5 or 500

• T0lly likes this

Los Santos 79
  • Los Santos 79

Knowledge is power and I know nothing. Other than the fact that

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Im gonna make a small point with regard to the weekly challenge.

And this is only my opinion. I must stress..

Now im not a RRR member yet. But I do know that the crew race together very often. So im guessing that the powers that be could always request that the weekly winner if their time was in any dought (Or if they just want to witness an amazing. lap) perform a couple of demo laps to show the bosses that their time was true.

All that would need to happen is that Tb or Mo host and invite the winnerto a RRR only session. Problem solved as the host sets the race regulations. Simples.

Another idea for this weekly event challenge could be that once a month all the tracks that have been used could be put together and the fastest guys run in a four lap race to prove who the fastest racer is. Coz we all know that a fast lap is one thing but putting several fast laps together under pressure from other racers is really very different.
  • cloudfuel likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

I like the monthly idea ls79, thats a pretty cool little additiin to the challenge, if we put the 4/5 tracks together as a playlist then the playlist winner would be the monthly "fastest member"

Obviously its all just for the kudos but it adds a lil extra fun to the challenge

Im just bout to get some laps in on dockyard now
  • Los Santos 79 likes this

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Good ideas LS79!

• Los Santos 79 likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Official Red Rum Forum is now live. Luap was generous enough to make a forum for us to use so we can truly discuss what we need without being off-topic or being flagged for improper use of a forum topic, etc.

Click the "OFFICIAL RED RUM FORUM! NOW LIVE!" link in my sig.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by ToBContinued08, 16 December 2013 - 12:33 AM.

Just a heads up. The next weekly challenge will be separated into 2 divisions. 

STOCK CLASS----------------------------------------------------------CUSTOM CLASS

What does this mean?

- After much thought, I've decided to allow Custom Car into the weekly challenge. Just make sure that when you post/ send your time to me, you tell me if it's custom or not so I can keep them separated.

- Also, I will no longer be posting up the cropped images of the race times. I will be simply listing them in order. However, I would still like your images for proof. If you can not submit an image, then send me your best time and I will take you at your word. I expect everyone to be honest and truthful.

• cloudfuel likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

I r did it in 6 seconds...look at the world record it proves it.

• cloudfuel likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

I r did it in 6 seconds...look at the world record it proves it.

lol,

obviously that was stock tho luap, your custom time might be an edge faster :p

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

The only problem I see with that Los Santos 79 is the fact that we are split between PSN and Xbox.

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

The only problem I see with that Los Santos 79 is the fact that we are split between PSN and Xbox.

Maybe do the top 4 for each console?

Los Santos 79
  • Los Santos 79

Knowledge is power and I know nothing. Other than the fact that

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Los Santos 79, 16 December 2013 - 08:01 PM.

Oops didn't think of that!

I guess we could just have a champion for each platform.

With regard to the monthly event .. if it was to happen on any platform.... Imo the only way it would work is by giving the fastest guys first choice to enter and prove how fast they are againts the others. But I would not recomend limiting the RRR members that could race in it. We really need full rooms for the best racers to show their racecraft in. And if for example an event was scheduled for the 30th of the month but only the top 4 people were invited.. you run a very real risk of running several laps with only a couple of drivers if two of them didn't show up.Very boring.. prob like my post. Lol

RRR should be about fun. Respectful and fair racing... And having full rooms full of drivers like that is the best way forward. Remember people wanna join so they can be part of something. RRR has great potential.
So make the event for all members

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Congratulations to the winner of this weeks challenge. Not sure what the current arrangement is for how TBC plans to post in now but if you want to see the results you can find them on our forums.
  • cloudfuel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users