Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3 & Xbox)

234 replies to this topic
mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

im still yet to give it a run, it is an awkward track for certain. I may get a chance at it tonight, will see how it goes

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

My fastest time was on the Akuma as well.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

My bro gave the Bati a go too but said he didn't feel like he'd get near his Akuma time. I was thinking the Bati might work better in the corners but acceleration out of them seems to be the way to go.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

My bro gave the Bati a go too but said he didn't feel like he'd get near his Akuma time. I was thinking the Bati might work better in the corners but acceleration out of them seems to be the way to go.

thats always my logic and i always perform better on an akuma than a bati...

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Goal 1 - Test out and choose bike (done)
Goal 2 - Get under a 2 minute lap..

I will say it is well under 2 minutes.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I am seeing my times are kind of equal between the Bati and Akuma, just depends on how long I can hold a wheelie after coming out of a corner. Hardest part is the 180 turn arounds.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

The acceleration is crucial here as there are 4 dirt turns that require damn near stopping. Those 4 turns will be your first hurdle. Done correctly they can be taken with a good bit of speed. The out in out is not the best line on a couple of them. Use the bank of hill coming out to maintain some speed. The uphill climb in the dirt will murder your time if you come out of the second hairpin too slow. As much as you might want to cut the corners on the dirt i found that the edge ruts will give you a hop that will destroy your control and speed. Stay in the lighter colored dirt. Opposite is true for the paved portion. From the first actual street intersection where you take a right before the sign all the way down to the first dirt hairpin you should be wide open on the throttle. If you stay on the pavement you will fly off the turns, if you cut into the dirt on the first second and third it will slow you just enough to keep the throttle down and the transmission in high making for best speed.

Good luck.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

The acceleration is crucial here as there are 4 dirt turns that require damn near stopping. Those 4 turns will be your first hurdle. Done correctly they can be taken with a good bit of speed. The out in out is not the best line on a couple of them. Use the bank of hill coming out to maintain some speed. The uphill climb in the dirt will murder your time if you come out of the second hairpin too slow. As much as you might want to cut the corners on the dirt i found that the edge ruts will give you a hop that will destroy your control and speed. Stay in the lighter colored dirt. Opposite is true for the paved portion. From the first actual street intersection where you take a right before the sign all the way down to the first dirt hairpin you should be wide open on the throttle. If you stay on the pavement you will fly off the turns, if you cut into the dirt on the first second and third it will slow you just enough to keep the throttle down and the transmission in high making for best speed.

Good luck.

thats a nice run down dude, bikes on this track are different to cars and your right some of those dirt hairpins can be tricky to find the right line, gonna try and put your description into practice and see how i fair, still not given it a try yet as ive not been on my ps3 for a couple of days, damn Xmas preparation

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 06 December 2013 - 01:45 PM.

I think i meant to say first second and forth turns on the pavement...sharp right after the sign, left between the bridges and again left between briges on forth. All the others can be made on the pavement. Basically if your not at max speed when you get to first hairpin your gonna be hard pressed to beat my time no matter how well you do in the dirt.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

I will say one thing. Since this track isn't very popular as far as votes go, we are going to be some of the highest times for this track in the community. Luap has only been doing the track a couple times so far and he is already in position 26 on the Xbox side of things in the leader boards.

I haven't had a chance to do my time yet as I just got three runs into it yesterday before having to make a long drive and I am in position 1412 which tonight I will expect to knock off about another 7 seconds after some practice.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 06 December 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Keep in mind there is a different leader board for each lap count race. I did my first run at 10 laps and i think i was in the top ten. It also does not seem to record everything properly as the last time i checked the board on 4 laps it was not showing the time i have a picture of. The pathetic part of that 10 lap race is my first lap was my fastest. All the other laps included wipeouts as i was pushing the boundaries of the track to see what i could and could not do.

Also figure that the top track times are probably not on stock bikes.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

I will say one thing. Since this track isn't very popular as far as votes go, we are going to be some of the highest times for this track in the community. Luap has only been doing the track a couple times so far and he is already in position 26 on the Xbox side of things in the leader boards.

I haven't had a chance to do my time yet as I just got three runs into it yesterday before having to make a long drive and I am in position 1412 which tonight I will expect to knock off about another 7 seconds after some practice.

26 on the leaderboard,,,, thats pretty impressive... im itching to give this a try now...

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Keep in mind there is a different leader board for each lap count race. I did my first run at 10 laps and i think i was in the top ten. It also does not seem to record everything properly as the last time i checked the board on 4 laps it was not showing the time i have a picture of. The pathetic part of that 10 lap race is my first lap was my fastest. All the other laps included wipeouts as i was pushing the boundaries of the track to see what i could and could not do.

Also figure that the top track times are probably not on stock bikes.

Nope, this is for any laps. I would expect most people that are in front of you are riding custom bikes.

Not sure how this is going to come up for you but this the link.

http://socialclub.ro...nA?platformId=2

This is by going to Vinewood Nights and choosing leaderboards, then and from there you can choose friends. This will show all times, to include how many laps someone made. You can drill down to show times as far as how many laps you chose for the race but for the fastest lap time is how it ranks you. Case in point, we both have it set to 4 laps, our total time is only off by a second but your fastest lap is better by 7 seconds or so. If you look at the global settings, you will see how others have done it in x amount of laps.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by mo-seph, 06 December 2013 - 02:06 PM.

yup jsut checked it myself and grnd is right, Luap sitting nicely in the 26th position... its a damn good time

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ah i was looking at the board in game through R1 button in thhe lobby. It was showing different lists based on your settings. That site does not work for sh*t on my phone...cant even find the track lol

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 06 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

I really do not understand those leaderboards. I finally found the track, set to leaderboard and set to 10 laps...my time is faster than the top time but it isnt listed. I think maybe its because i made that time in a four lap race, switch to four laps and my time is better than anything listed there as well. I dont get it.

I dont know what im doing wrong but im not seeing my name on it anywhere. Show me gives nothing, show friends...nothing...show crew...nothing.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

the lsit me and grnd can see is the best laps times, irrespective of the number of laps..

i think in game it shows your time again those who have selected the same number of laps, and settings arrangements as you..

but its just another case of rockstar not really explaining how things work

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 06 December 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Wtf i set it to overall, race, and global and hit the next button to go down the list...when i get to rank 36 they are still lower times than mine and when i click for next page it goes back to the beggining. I give up...no idea how you guys are seeing me at 26...

Oh and i finally got it to show a list of rrr crew...only it showed only ps3 members and aparently none of you were on motorcycles lol...what a f*cked up site.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

well however it is your there, but i agree that its definitely a pain in the butt trying to navigate the social club site form a mobile, i tend to give up before i get anywhere with it... then go for a lie down to rest my head lol

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Does the lap records change according to the vehicle class you choose?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

^^^ is a good question, i would hope that it does "in game" but not sure about the social club site...

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

It would be nice if the records set was according to the vehicle class. This would open a lot of possibilities to set records.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by GrndZero, 06 December 2013 - 04:24 PM.

The times listed are only for your fastest time. If you change it from Global or Friends over to showing your Crew, it will only show times you completed while you were racing with that Crew as active.

Global and Friends are the same times, Crew are set aside, if your time when with Crew was your fastest, then that is what will show with Global and Friends.

If you leave it set to Overall, it will show best times regardless of how many Laps you chose to race with. If you change the Overall to a Lap number it will only show you times with other people that raced it with those many laps and showing only their best time.

I do not use the site with mobile so I am unsure as to what you are seeing.

Edit - it does not matter what you were driving, it is best time in anything.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Ooo, that is a good time Luap. I need a lot more practice... .

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 06 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

I understand the whole global/ friends/ crew records.

So if I understand correctly, racing for a record on a bike is the same as racing for a record in supers. The records are not separated per the class.

Better explained like this:

If I'm racing Sports Classics and trying to set a record, the record I'm trying to beat could very well be a time posted by a super.
  • cloudfuel likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

its a top 50 time for sure (thinking across both platforms,) and top 30 for xbox, thats a mighty fine time considering theres 20million people who play this game....

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Im almost scared that someone is going to question the validity that it was with stock bike as much as i hated the track before i started. I had only run cars on it though which truely sucks.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

I wouldn't worry about it much. Considering I have only had a chance to try it once per Akuma/Bati/Sanchez and I am only a couple seconds behind you, I am sure I along with others will get near ya after doing a couple laps and figuring out some more nuances. :lol:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yeah i worry about that too...you and ringer...damn you!
  • GrndZero likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

So im gonna send ya three pics of times in the 1:55 range. Zero got a video of me running the lap but it wasnt lucky enough to catch a 1:55 only a 1:57.
  • ToBContinued08 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users