Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3 & Xbox)

234 replies to this topic
mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

One thing I have noticed is, I did do my best time with the Rapid GT but to be honest, I believe this to be a one off. I tried the Rapid in a couple other courses and I found the turning radius in this thing at full throttle to be atrocious.

The Elegy will become useful again later I think Mo-seph. The traction in that thing is amazing, case in point, try something really fast in something like downtown underground and see how a lot of cars will squeal those tires around some corners, sometimes loosing grip entirely. Then try a stock Elegy and don't even bother letting off of the gas, that thing will just hug around the corners.

I have a stock Elegy on my second char with no mods and that track is almost full throttle the entire way.

i think ill definately be sticking to my elegy with my first character... ive gotten so used to it and i perform pretty well on most tracks using it... always been scared of change...

plus my elegy looks like a beast, get quite alot of comments on the colour scheme (primary :metallic carbon black, with race yellow pearlescent and crew secondary colour...

but out of habit (and being a cheapskate) i bought the free elegy for my second character to increase my chances of getting my race mods unlocked, being used to it and all...

butnow im beginning to think i might replace it with either a carbo (cos my 2nd character is a female and chicks love convertables... for the legroom :p) or a feltzer cos a) i love them even as stock cars and b)  they look beastly and c) perform well

my second character is more for cars i want (visual) rather than those i need (performance)

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

So, Ringtone is the winner? If so... congrats and well done!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Lol i knew that last thursday...and yes congrats buddy. I couldnt touch his time with a 10 foot pole.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 04 December 2013 - 05:14 PM.

I believe so. Besides your time Cloud, that's all of the official times. I've got a few times I need to put up that didn't have pictures. Give then an honorable mention.

Edit: Also have man other one to post. Be a lot to change this evening. Will update this weeks challenge. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

congrats ringtone, there were some good times set, looking forward to seeing a full list if TBC has time to knock it together... but i apprecaite your busy so no rush :p

hopefully when heirarchy is sorted out some delegation will help

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

That was a fast time, impressive Ringtone. Now don't spend all of that prize money on champagne and prostitutes! unless you share with me.

• Los Santos 79 likes this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Congrats ringtone

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Good job ringtone. We will try and make it harder next time, :lol:

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

You need to be careful Zero, Lindsay Lohan might try to sue you for using her likeness in your avatar  :panic:

• mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

You need to be careful Zero, Lindsay Lohan might try to sue you for using her likeness in your avatar  :panic:

Thats funny...

There were some very close Times, I wasnt far off with a 1:57:404 but big props to ringtone, that must have been a damn flawless race, I tip my hat to you sir

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

New Weekly Event Posted Up. Check IMG in OP. 

Still working a few Commute Times. I'm losing my mind. Lost one time and keep forgetting to crop the other... Guess I should do that now. lol

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Theres always tomorrow dude lol

Ooo New challenge, this one will be an interesting one

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

How many laps? Whole race time or best lap? I would prefer best lap but thats up to you guys.

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Oh sh*t I got it! That's sweet! Good show on the times everyone, very close challenge!

• mo-seph likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Ringtone7 walks away with "The Commute" Challenge Win!

A big congrats to him.

The Commute challenge seem to bring a whole new type of difficulty. The times where a lot closer than I thought they would be. But, in turn this presents the true challenge. Being so close, but yet so far away.

Next challenge, Vinewood nights; Motorcycles; No Traffic; No Customs; Solo Only. We will want to see your BEST LAP.

Just a heads up, next weeks challenge will show no mercy...  :devil:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

I feel a 99 lap event comming. I know what im doing tommorrow. :)
  • ToBContinued08 likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Excellent. Restarting Commute was a pain, this is gonna be an endurance.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

i loved how close all the times were, but i knew it would come down to fractions of a second in the end

looking forward to some long lap races, as a side note i was wondering if we should keep a note of what RP were getting and each take a different number of laps... i know theres been the suggestion of 99 (which will be an endurance)... but im wondering what the RP difference between say 5 (which is pretty reasonable) and 10 laps is... or 10 and 20 laps... if there were any volunteers for the big numbers we might actually get a bit more of a grasp on how the RP payouts work for longer races...

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Good idea. Think I'll have a go at 10 laps. Should be about 25minutes tops, reckon I can handle that without losing my mind.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

ill try a run or two on 20 laps to see, probably be sunday before i can though, sure that would be enough for me to clock a decent lap time lol (i didnt do nearly 40 runs on the commute, maybe 15 across 4 cars)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 05 December 2013 - 12:50 PM.

I can alreadyanswer that. Anything over 4 minutes stops paying. 1,2, 3 and4 laps on downtown underground pay increasing numbers. 5 pays the same as 4. Probably 6 laps needed on the prison one. 3 laps on a medium track, something like vinewood only needs 2. Anything over 2 you wont get anything out of but i know for myself when you do 10 or 15 laps the consistency, the familiarity with the track and vehicle all go up drastically and your times will get faster.

Also keep in mind...a track with one turn, basically one point for times to differ caused our final list to vary by as much as 3 or 4 seconds. There are something like 30 turns in this track and only one pedal to floor straight (though motorcycles will fare pretty well on this track) there is going to be an awful lot of places for errors and a quite rare flawless run. Our times are going to vary alot.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

I can alreadyanswer that. Anything over 4 minutes stops paying. 1,2, 3 and4 laps on downtown underground pay increasing numbers. 5 pays the same as 4. Probably 6 laps needed on the prison one. 3 laps on a medium track, something like vinewood only needs 2. Anything over 2 you wont get anything out of but i know for myself when you do 10 or 15 laps the consistency, the familiarity with the track and vehicle all go up drastically and your times will get faster.

Also keep in mind...a track with one turn, basically one point for times to differ caused our final list to vary by as much as 3 or 4 seconds. There are something like 30 turns in this track and only one pedal to floor straight (though motorcycles will fare pretty well on this track) there is going to be an awful lot of places for errors and a quite rare flawless run. Our times are going to vary alot.

definitely will see some variance on this one, im looking forward to finding a good line through here on a bike that i can try and replicate in cars as its a very technical track, different height elevations, tight turns, different surface types... will be a good one...

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, happy with this one, knowing that my 1st imperfect corner or missed boost hasn't instantly blown a good time. Some of my commute runs were on the scrapheap in seconds and I still had to finish it and restart. I'm sure I can get something I'm satisfied with after 10 laps.
Gonna be a good challenge with all the variation.
  • mo-seph likes this

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hey I cannot edit the settings in any of the lobbies I host. I'm really at a loss of what to do here, can someone help?

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hey I cannot edit the settings in any of the lobbies I host. I'm really at a loss of what to do here, can someone help?

I have had this happen several times. My fix is to restart the game.

• mo-seph and ReeFa666 like this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

That is normally a cloud issue and R* is working on something if you can not change any settings.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Aw hell, that isnt even the track i thought it was. I hate this track lol. Dont look for me tobe winning this one i guess. Ill do my best but me and bikes and offroad are not a good combination.

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Goal 1 - Test out and choose bike (done)

Goal 2 - Get under a 2 minute lap..

• ToBContinued08 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

Eh i gave it about 30 laps tonighr 4 at a time. Got a fairly respectable time out of it. Scared to say what it is though cause then everyone will shoot to beat it.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

I got what I thought was a respectable time on the Bati, then my brother smashed it on the Akuma.
His pic might get posted... I need another go...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users