Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3 & Xbox)

234 replies to this topic
ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 19 December 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Red Rum Racing Weekly Challenge

Cutting_zpse8f2c784.png

This Weekly Challenge will be based on your OVERALL LAPS TIME.

Set the number of laps to what ever you want, we will be competing for the Best Lap.

GOOD LUCK!

The Weekly Challenge Submission Details:

When you are happy with your race time, send the image of your race time to me at [email protected]. I will crop and upload the image to my personal Photobucket for better organization and placed in the “Results” post for viewing.

If you have any questions, please send me a Private Message on GTA Forums or message me at the my Social Club Page.

Here's how the weekly challenge works:

·         The Weekly Challenge will begin on Wednesday at 12:01AM and end the following Tuesday at 11:59PM. Any photos submitted after the deadline will be dismissed.

·         To start, a specific race will be selected. Players are to compete to log the fastest time(s). Some races may be point to point, others will be laps.

·         The Weekly Challenge will be different in nature. For example, when completing a point to point, the idea will be to have the fastest possible time. Other weeks my be the fastest OVERALL time for 4 laps on a specific track, or maybe the fastest single lap on a track.

·         For now, we will trust racers honesty to post legitimate times with no alterations to the conditions and vehicles of the challenge. Note: If a specific time is a lot faster than all the other times, it will be reviewed by Red Rum Members.

·         For now, who ever runs the fastest time among the players will be listed on the OP of this thread. 

·         The previous winner of the Stock Weekly Challenge will pick the next track and the winner of the Custom Weekly Challenge will pick the vehicle class. The winners will have 24 hours to pick a track after being notified via PM to the winners. If a track is not selected, one will be chosen at random by me.

Here are the rules:

·         Weather conditions will always be Clear. Time of day can be up to the racer. If you race better at night, by all means go for it. Vice Versa for day time.

·         All though this option can be up to the racer, I recommend keeping the traffic off for ease and ensuring the best possible time.

·         The race must be completed as a Solo.

·         If it is determined that cheating or an unfair advantage has taken place, the player will no longer be able to participate in the Weekly Challenge, ever.

CUSTOMS ARE NOW ALLOWED FOR THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE!!

When submitting your time, please let me know if it was a Stock or Custom time.

I ask all participants to please be truthful and honest. This is to simply have fun and test just how good we, as racers, are.

Big thanks to CloudFuel for sharing his idea and helping to work out the details!!

May the odds be ever in favor.

• cloudfuel and PSgtaplayer1 like this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 23 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Thank you to everyone that has participated.

The results below are not set in stone until 11:59PM EST. Should I receive a better time before the close of the weekly challenge, your old time will be replaced. 

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hold- Results

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Loving your work dude, will be gettin myself some practise runs in shortly
  • ToBContinued08 likes this

Hghdra
  • Hghdra

Trees talk... But they ain't very interesting

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

What track? is it the one in the Pic?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

yup this weeks looks to be "The Commute"...

Needs to be raced with a NON CUSTOM Sports car,

on a solo run

and traffic OFF.

• Hghdra likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Don't have means of adding a photo, I'll post my times doubt they will be near the top so I'll add mine for fun if that's permitted (adding my time not the fun part !!)

• mo-seph likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

That's fine. Might keep an Unofficial Time Table for those just wanting to see how there time stacks up against everyone else.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by mo-seph, 27 November 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Don't have means of adding a photo, I'll post my times doubt they will be near the top so I'll add mine for fun if that's permitted (adding my time not the fun part !!)

FUN?? Fun is off limits... this is serious dont you know... no fun shall be allowed... apart from between 12:00am wednesdays and 11:59pm tuesdays every week..... we take time off for fun between those days :p

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I hope we can open this up later after everyone is leveling up to include custom cars since this kind of limits how many cars can be chosen. I like to race with Elegy in some tracks and it can't be chosen without custom vehicles.

How many times IRL do you see people running stock vehicles in racing?

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree completely. The main reason why I did that was so that any/everyone had a chance to participate.

Of course I could do a Stock Car Challenge and a Custom Car Challenge. This idea is still building so I welcome all ideas, thoughts and concerns.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

I welcome the stock and Custom seperate leaderboards and would participate in both.

As for this weeks challenge...OOOF...JEEZ man you couldnt have picked a track with a tighter leaderboard. This is gonna be tight tight tight. There is only one turn in that race that is not just absolutely wide open on the throttle.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well if it was easy, there would be no challenge. lol. I have faith in you. ;)
  • GrndZero likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

gonna try and get a run or two of this in tonight, after i clear some snapmatic space for crew photos at our next meetup :)

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I like the idea of stock and custom as well.

My original idea was to keep track of the final times in the thread (newer posts) and have the winner of each week be listed in the OP or a designated post and as each new weekly challenge is completed, the list of winners would then grow.

I will keep track in a spreadsheet as well. Did you want to give points to make it more of a series/ladder type of thing or just give a nod to the winner and move on?

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Well I'm working on points ATM. And the winner of the Weekly Challenge will be placed in the OP for recognition.
  • cloudfuel likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by Nitty Don, 28 November 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Got 2 min, 16 seconds with stock Feltzer (terrible time !!) think I crashed twice, with no traffic and no other racers that's quite a feat !! I'll try again tonight lol

Already seen a lot of RRR1 have under 2 minutes on leaderboards so shouldn't be too hard for you all to beat !!

Guys have you thought of adding your crew to this section of the forum, I believe it will help you expand (if that's what you guys want ?)

http://gtaforums.com...26-crews-gangs/

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

hey don,

T0lly did give me a heads up about the crews/Gangs section and it would be a good place for us to have a general discussion thread... we seem to be quite a talkative bunch (when GTAF isnt giving us 503 error...Bad Gateway... Bad Bad gateway...)

And although alot of us have sub 2 min times i think they will likely be with custom cars... its not so easy to get under 2 mins in a stock car... but im trying lol

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm working on a write now for the crews and gangs thread.

And keep trying with the times. I have a feeling this is going to be good. No pressure.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

haha no pressure at all,,, its definitely gonna be close, i did three runs last night that were within 200'ths of a second of each other....so at least i know im consistent...

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

About where I'm at with it.

That will be the true challenge in this. If all goes as planned and fair, the times will be by a small margin to separate everyone. Should be interesting.
  • mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

definitely will be a challenging one... i know we have some really fast racers, but the commute is a pretty straight forward track so i expect very few mistakes to be made and some really close race times... ive got my own personal target that i wana achieve before i submit my race time,, but theres plenty of days left in the challenge.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

hey don,

T0lly did give me a heads up about the crews/Gangs section and it would be a good place for us to have a general discussion thread... we seem to be quite a talkative bunch (when GTAF isnt giving us 503 error...Bad Gateway... Bad Bad gateway...)

And although alot of us have sub 2 min times i think they will likely be with custom cars... its not so easy to get under 2 mins in a stock car... but im trying lol

Try harder, hehe. I got my sub 2 min time.

Hghdra
  • Hghdra

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Hghdra, 28 November 2013 - 09:45 PM.

1:58:919. Rapid GT

1:58:908. Feltzer

1:58:120. 9F Cabrio

Seems the fastest sub 2 mins is the 9F.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, going to need to lose another second though to top mine.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just remember fellas, I need a picture like in the OP in order for it too count.

You still 5 Days (at least here in the states) to get your best time!

Hghdra
  • Hghdra

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, going to need to lose another second though to top mine.

What car did you do it in?

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

If xGrndZerox wins... I want to see that on video.. LOL. I know you have the means to do so... and I want to see how I can get a full 3 seconds faster... :)

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Commute1.57.jpg

If you need a video, I will have to go back and plug in my recorder.

• Curlypyebs and mo-seph like this

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

I did a few runs on this and tried each vehicle. My times on first try:

Banshee = 02:05:374

Carbonizzare = 02:00:900

Comet = 01:58:867

Coquette = 02:00:477

Feltzer = 02:00:679