Photo

Never trust a word Rockstar says ever again

40 replies to this topic
Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

"But if you don't already own GTA V, don't go out and get it yet. Wait just a bit longer to get the better experience and really stick it to them."

Umm, isn't that kind of contradictory? "Take that, you! I won't buy your product today! How do you like that? but i will buy it later, so don't worry."

?

Because it's a quality game. The artists, the programmers, all the actual DEV people working at Rockstar are incredible people and it is worth buying their game to show appreciation for their work.

What is NOT acceptable is paying twice for the same game all because the shareholders want more money. The decision to delay the port to next gen and PC is a pure financial one. No other reason than this. They are squeezing all the money out of you that they can. And this is not something we should find "okay" or "not a big deal" today. It's not like this game is an exclusive or anything, they're just exploiting the quality work their artists and coders do because they simply know people won't resist holding out. Hence my warning to people, muster up the strength to wait just a bit longer. With the immense sales numbers of the launch consoles, they now know there's a very solid amount of people out there that own these devices and will be looking for "next gen" games to play on their shiney new system. The temptation to milk these people yet again is far too great to miss out on.

And their word officially was "we have no plans to port GTA V to PC or next gen consoles," and I don't know about you, but if I took their word as gospel, to quote another user in here, that sounds to me like if I want to experience the game I guess I better get it for PS3/Xbox 360. Yet given their track record of lying outright, well we know what's going to be happening in the next few months. And it isn't going to be GTA V still stuck in the past.

Ok, I can see your point. And I admit that I'm not much into developer hype or politics, and I don't really pay attention to what anybody says about their games until they are out, but if they say one thing and do another, then yeah, that sucks.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

The Packie thing was only to pleasantly surprise fans. Everyone already knew a mobile port of San Andreas was coming and Rockstar never denied it. They just keep quiet about things until they're completely ready to talk about them.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Well its not like they are going to admit everything they do, do they?? What ever happened to surprising??

Ya know what, the stuff with Packie was fine. I let that go because let's face it, it's story/easter egg material and is worth hiding until release.

But when you do sh*t like tell your fans that you're NOT making the game for a better platform, so that you give them the impression to go out and buy their game right now on the sh*tty platform, then only to turn around and a few months later say "by the way guys that game we told you we weren't bringing into the next gen, yeah we decided we're gonna do that and charge you full price. again."

NO, that's a f*cking dick move and there's no reason to side with Rockstar over this. It is far different from actually hiding in-game spoilery stuff. It is a dirty business tactic to leech more money out of people. And shame on any fanboy for defending them for it.

I for one am not buying their lies anymore. They got me with GTA V, I won't make the same mistake again.
The thing is they never said they're not doing V for PC or PS4/Xbox One.
What they do say is ''We have no info on that right now'' ''We are focusing on finishing PS3/X360 version at the moment'' etc.. so that leaves room to come at a later date and say ''OK, now we have something to talk about.''

Exactly

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

You know, I really feel as if this tweet is underrated.

3be82a8d1b.png

John R Diaz is a programmer at Rockstar Games. And this coming from him is actually pretty good. I mean, it isn't a confirmation. But it isn't a denial. It's acknowledgement. And this acknowledgement feels good. 

https://twitter.com/ElKingpin 

I know I've been throwing this around a lot, in the PC version discussion thread especially. But I feel as if it has gone quite unnoticed. It is a nice sign. A welcome change from the robotic "No news" response support usually likes to give. 

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

how about if you feel gyped you just dont buy another copy? oh sh*t did i just figure this out!? i did so get over it homie

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

crying-baby-party-56800676-300x300.jpg

This is what RoadRunner71 looks like lol

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Lol this OP is a f*ckwit.

He manages to bitch about lies from R* that ended up becoming good. Why the f*ck are you complaining about packie in the game and San Andreas coming to mobile?

It's obvious they deny what will inevitably happen for the good.

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

They did the exact same thing for san andreas back in 2004 so I already don't trust them.

• Tashan likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

They did the exact same thing for san andreas back in 2004 so I already don't trust them.

lol.. pretty much this :D

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Lollingtons, grow the f*ck up and stop crying OP. 

Question: Why do you feel the need to post your PC specs in your signature, OP? Is that masking some insecurity?

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

What exactly did they do, the 'oh it's xbox/ps2 only' line or 'no III/VC characters will be in' line or something else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users