» «
Photo

Never trust a word Rockstar says ever again

40 replies to this topic
DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 26 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

First it was

Spoiler
We all know how that turned out.

Then it was San Andreas Mobile port. Just a week ago they replied to a tweet saying "unfortunately we have no info about that." Again, we know how that turned out.

This leaves us with the release of GTA V on next gen and PC. Their comments have always been dodgy at best, avoiding a definitive answer. But based on these past two things alone, do they really even need to use lawyer speak to avoid answering questions? They can flat out say "no the game will never come out for PC or next gen" and then a day later say "Oh look it's coming out for PC and next gen!"

So where does this leave us, the fans, when dealing with official statements from them? What good is their word when they turn around and revert so much?

If I were a gamer looking to pick up GTA V because I didn't have it yet, and I planned on buying a next gen console or already own a high end PC, I would wait. Take Two's a company out to make a profit. If they can squeeze even more money out of customers by pretty much enticing you to buy a game twice, they will. And that's their plan that has worked well all along, and WILL continue to work so long as they have delayed releases of their products on various other platforms. It's shadey, but it's an incredibly effective business tactic.

But if you don't already own GTA V, don't go out and get it yet. Wait just a bit longer to get the better experience and really stick it to them. I wish I had the willpower to hold off for the PC release, but unfortunately I didn't and caved in thinking we'd be at least a year away from it. But I am getting a stronger and stronger feeling that that PC release is closer than we all think...

• tom_p1980, G.S.T, Target13 and 5 others like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

crying-baby-party-56800676-300x300.jpg
  • Lysergio, Killerdude8, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't really care about what they do or don't lie about to be honest. As long as they continue to produce the goods, that all that matters; for me anyway.

• GTA564 and TaviColen123 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Smartass

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Even if I had a high end pc, I would rather play V on a console. Playing IV on PC feels weird for me, and I couldn't care less about mods.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

ITT... people taking talk during a 5 year development as gospel fact, then disappointed when things change.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well its not like they are going to admit everything they do, do they?? What ever happened to surprising??

• Sasqui likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

First it was

Spoiler
We all know how that turned out.

Then it was San Andreas Mobile port. Just a week ago they replied to a tweet saying "unfortunately we have no info about that." Again, we know how that turned out.

This leaves us with the release of GTA V on next gen and PC. Their comments have always been dodgy at best, avoiding a definitive answer. But based on these past two things alone, do they really even need to use lawyer speak to avoid answering questions? They can flat out say "no the game will never come out for PC or next gen" and then a day later say "Oh look it's coming out for PC and next gen!"

So where does this leave us, the fans, when dealing with official statements from them? What good is their word when they turn around and revert so much?

If I were a gamer looking to pick up GTA V because I didn't have it yet, and I planned on buying a next gen console or already own a high end PC, I would wait. Take Two's a company out to make a profit. If they can squeeze even more money out of customers by pretty much enticing you to buy a game twice, they will. And that's their plan that has worked well all along, and WILL continue to work so long as they have delayed releases of their products on various other platforms. It's shadey, but it's an incredibly effective business tactic.

But if you don't already own GTA V, don't go out and get it yet. Wait just a bit longer to get the better experience and really stick it to them. I wish I had the willpower to hold off for the PC release, but unfortunately I didn't and caved in thinking we'd be at least a year away from it. But I am getting a stronger and stronger feeling that that PC release is closer than we all think...

I'm pretty convinced that there will be a PC port/version. Same for next-gen. Next-gen is hot and GTA V is still populair. If they market/promote it right it will sell. But sadly for Rockstar Games I just bought a SNES  :lol:

• QuietJosh likes this

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

And then there is you.

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 26 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Well it would actually be better to buy it on next gen/PC. Game wouldn't get cut as they know it's a risky. Better looking and better performing game. Now comes the problem. The price.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

I understand you man, but good luck with your post on a GTA Forum.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I remember this one time when I asked my parents what I was getting for Christmas and they wouldn't tell me...boy I showed those f*ckers what would happen if they ever did THAT again.
  • ActionBronson likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Commander-in-Chief of the RDF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Oh yeah, because they're definitely gonna talk about their unannounced game before it's announce date!

Some people have no sense, I swear to God.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Well its not like they are going to admit everything they do, do they?? What ever happened to surprising??

Ya know what, the stuff with Packie was fine. I let that go because let's face it, it's story/easter egg material and is worth hiding until release.

But when you do sh*t like tell your fans that you're NOT making the game for a better platform, so that you give them the impression to go out and buy their game right now on the sh*tty platform, then only to turn around and a few months later say "by the way guys that game we told you we weren't bringing into the next gen, yeah we decided we're gonna do that and charge you full price. again."

NO, that's a f*cking dick move and there's no reason to side with Rockstar over this. It is far different from actually hiding in-game spoilery stuff. It is a dirty business tactic to leech more money out of people. And shame on any fanboy for defending them for it.

I for one am not buying their lies anymore. They got me with GTA V, I won't make the same mistake again.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

"Beach Bum, Content Creator and Heists will arrive shortly after the GTA Online launch!" Bullsh*t.

• DaRkL3AD3R, Mr. Sleepy and Bonnano like this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 26 November 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Ya know what, the stuff with Packie was fine. I let that go because let's face it, it's story/easter egg material and is worth hiding until release.

But when you do sh*t like tell your fans that you're NOT making the game for a better platform, so that you give them the impression to go out and buy their game right now on the sh*tty platform, then only to turn around and a few months later say "by the way guys that game we told you we weren't bringing into the next gen, yeah we decided we're gonna do that and charge you full price. again."

NO, that's a f*cking dick move and there's no reason to side with Rockstar over this. It is far different from actually hiding in-game spoilery stuff. It is a dirty business tactic to leech more money out of people. And shame on any fanboy for defending them for it.

I for one am not buying their lies anymore. They got me with GTA V, I won't make the same mistake again.

The thing is they never said they're not doing V for PC or PS4/Xbox One.

What they do say is ''We have no info on that right now'' ''We are focusing on finishing PS3/X360 version at the moment'' etc.. so that leaves room to come at a later date and say ''OK, now we have something to talk about.''

• GTA564 likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

"But if you don't already own GTA V, don't go out and get it yet. Wait just a bit longer to get the better experience and really stick it to them."

Umm, isn't that kind of contradictory? "Take that, you! I won't buy your product today! How do you like that? but i will buy it later, so don't worry."

?

• GTA564 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

They never said they weren't.

Palm Tree
  • Palm Tree

GTA

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Whether we like them or not is our opinion, but the fact is that we're all still going to buy their games, because with small disappointments set aside, their amazing.

• GTA564 likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

"But if you don't already own GTA V, don't go out and get it yet. Wait just a bit longer to get the better experience and really stick it to them."

Umm, isn't that kind of contradictory? "Take that, you! I won't buy your product today! How do you like that? but i will buy it later, so don't worry."

?

Because it's a quality game. The artists, the programmers, all the actual DEV people working at Rockstar are incredible people and it is worth buying their game to show appreciation for their work.

What is NOT acceptable is paying twice for the same game all because the shareholders want more money. The decision to delay the port to next gen and PC is a pure financial one. No other reason than this. They are squeezing all the money out of you that they can. And this is not something we should find "okay" or "not a big deal" today. It's not like this game is an exclusive or anything, they're just exploiting the quality work their artists and coders do because they simply know people won't resist holding out. Hence my warning to people, muster up the strength to wait just a bit longer. With the immense sales numbers of the launch consoles, they now know there's a very solid amount of people out there that own these devices and will be looking for "next gen" games to play on their shiney new system. The temptation to milk these people yet again is far too great to miss out on.

And their word officially was "we have no plans to port GTA V to PC or next gen consoles," and I don't know about you, but if I took their word as gospel, to quote another user in here, that sounds to me like if I want to experience the game I guess I better get it for PS3/Xbox 360. Yet given their track record of lying outright, well we know what's going to be happening in the next few months. And it isn't going to be GTA V still stuck in the past.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

"We have nothing to say at this time" = "No." 

Legit complaint.  :^:

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

?

Because it's a quality game. The artists, the programmers, all the actual DEV people working at Rockstar are incredible people and it is worth buying their game to show appreciation for their work.

What is NOT acceptable is paying twice for the same game all because the shareholders want more money. The decision to delay the port to next gen and PC is a pure financial one. No other reason than this. They are squeezing all the money out of you that they can. And this is not something we should find "okay" or "not a big deal" today. It's not like this game is an exclusive or anything, they're just exploiting the quality work their artists and coders do because they simply know people won't resist holding out. Hence my warning to people, muster up the strength to wait just a bit longer. With the immense sales numbers of the launch consoles, they now know there's a very solid amount of people out there that own these devices and will be looking for "next gen" games to play on their shiney new system. The temptation to milk these people yet again is far too great to miss out on.

And their word officially was "we have no plans to port GTA V to PC or next gen consoles," and I don't know about you, but if I took their word as gospel, to quote another user in here, that sounds to me like if I want to experience the game I guess I better get it for PS3/Xbox 360. Yet given their track record of lying outright, well we know what's going to be happening in the next few months. And it isn't going to be GTA V still stuck in the past.

You ever think that the versions just aren't done yet? Maybe they're optimizing the PC version to be the best it can be after GTA 4's terrible port. And maybe they're just not straight-porting GTA onto next-gen consoles because that'd make a terrible port, as shown by Dead Rising 3 and its many problems with resolution and framerate. Optimization is key to sales.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Until the game is actually confirmed for the new gen systems - if it even gets a port - this argument is void.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Remember the IV PC release? Unplayable.

First patch fixed some stuff, but even now, after 7 (was it 7? i remember 1.0.7.0) its still running like crap - even on my system which handles BF4 on ultra w/ ~120 FPS.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

They also said that no protagonists like Johnny would appear.

Look how that turned out...

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I wish I could sit on a forum all day and falsely complain about an entertainment company's tweets. Unfortunately I have real problems unlike the OP. 

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 27 November 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Even if I had a high end pc, I would rather play V on a console. Playing IV on PC feels weird for me, and I couldn't care less about mods.

Strange... playing any GTA on consoles feels weird for me.

• Murray Bunyan likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

I wish I could sit on a forum all day and falsely complain about an entertainment company's tweets. Unfortunately I have real problems unlike the OP. 

Don't we all? Honestly shut up. Just because the OP decided to make up a long complaining post doesn't mean he has too much time on his hands. To be honest this is the only f*cking forum that has members who act like you whenever somebody makes a long post.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Don't we all? Honestly shut up. Just because the OP decided to make up a long complaining post doesn't mean he has too much time on his hands. To be honest this is the only f*cking forum that has members who act like you whenever somebody makes a long post.

He's talking about the OP complaining about the stupidest things and being wrong with his complaints.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Smartass

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by Zodape, 27 November 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Strange... playing any GTA on consoles feels weird for me.

3D era GTAs are better on PC, because of the sh*tty camera and aiming on consoles. However, I find IV and possibly V the opposite (it's not like they are unplayable on pc, though).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users