Photo

Things still need fixing

9 replies to this topic
Dannyharwood
  • Dannyharwood

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Gta is a great game and I stuck with it when it was riddled with problems, but for some reason rock star have suddenly started acting like everything is fine now and it's just not the case, there are still glitches like sessions randomly stopping (nothing to do with my connection checked and only started happening after beach bum DC), vehicles and people disappearing including my personal vehicle, even though when I kick where it was you can hear the car smashing, but can't see it.

Anyone else experiencing similar or completely different problems if so say so here.

drunkenMUNKEY78
  • drunkenMUNKEY78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

I totally agree, Its getting to a point where i don't want to play any more because of all the problems. I mean just look at the patch notes they barley fixed anything 

Jenl92
  • Jenl92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

It seems like when they patch things the game gets worse.

Arruda81
  • Arruda81

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I was idling on my garage yesterday and the camera focused on a fire extinguisher. It said "water" on the extinguisher. This is a ridiculous mistake, and it's killing my enjoyment of the game.

Dannyharwood
  • Dannyharwood

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

I know also I've noticed a car problem when online, they say on online there is a wide variety of cars and it's true there are many different cars, but most of the time as I'm roaming about on foot looking for a car to steal there only seems to be two or three types of car on the road and this lasts a long time.
  • beachfan12 likes this

beachfan12
  • beachfan12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

I know also I've noticed a car problem when online, they say on online there is a wide variety of cars and it's true there are many different cars, but most of the time as I'm roaming about on foot looking for a car to steal there only seems to be two or three types of car on the road and this lasts a long time.

Yup definitely, at any one time there only seems to be 2 or 3 types of cars and as you say it lasts a long time. Theres so many flaws its getting to a point where I dont want to keep investing my time into it

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

formerly MrJohn666

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Mine has crashed three times today. Currently staring at my apartment from above, can still hear other players talking on their mics in this session.

Garbage.  Badly made garbage.

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

my game freezes more since the patch,but what's troubling me is i'm failing missions by completing the objective......failed "Gustavo arrived" and "a member of the Lost was killed" seriously wtf?

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

There are still glitches like sessions randomly stopping
[...]
Anyone else experiencing similar or completely different problems if so say so here.

Can confirm sudden session exit is quite frequent, so frequent it gets to be tricky to get fully immersed and committed. The game has a bit of a Memento feeling when it comes to gameplay, as in the character spawns or exits a scenario randomly with little notion of what just happened before it or what is ahead.

Hopefully Rockstar keep an uptime log somewhere and can measure the average uptime for dropped sessions to scope if this issue is really as severe as the online community makes it out to be.

Focused on a fire extinguisher. It said "water"  

[...]

This is a ridiculous mistake

Would you expect a fire extinguisher to contain anything other than water?  Or is it the texture labelling specifically which is upsetting your game experience?

Personally I wonder why some of the textures are low resolution and could use more detail while the cultists penises are all as detailed as can be, have you examined those to see if that's something you may prefer?

They say on online there is a wide variety of cars and it's true there are many different cars, but most of the time as I'm roaming about on foot looking for a car to steal there only seems to be two or three types of car on the road and this lasts a long time.

This holds true for all car spawning behaviour since the original Grand Theft Auto, I presume it is to get away with a wide selection of cars ( which is indeed quite diverse ) by estimating a fixed number of maximum spawn variants based on your current ride, this keeps both the bandwidth and the memory footprint at a sensible level rather than loading in the entire universe at once and have to wait forever to see anything happening on the screen.

Garbage.  Badly made garbage.

The recent misguided efforts to clean up the garbage on the "Down the drain" race track hopefully show the developers are willing to clean up a little, and I presume they will tend to matters as they can, no online game which is massive today went through it's first year performing as well as they do today, how stable it is in it's early steps is actually quite impressive and shows the whole thing won't crumble a year from now like most online gaming ventures. 

my game freezes more since the patch,but what's troubling me is i'm failing missions by completing the objective......failed "Gustavo arrived" and "a member of the Lost was killed" seriously wtf?

I've yet to experience a game crash, I do experience a lot of dropped sessions ( no, like seriously, 10-20 minumum per day, probably more ) but every time the game freezes fully it's my hardware that is freezing, dust in my fan and the box overheated and such, potentially that's whats happening with your box?  I can of condensed air will clean it out and hopefully your freezes stop occurring?

The dropped crates are the most frequent relation to my crashes, as oddly as it sounds, I've gotten 3 special crate drops and after the first one I time the other two and consistent; if a special crate drop green circle appears, 12 game hours later the session crashes, usually in the same manner as when a regular crate spawns ( the 12 hour consistency doesn't apply there though ), as in everyone is booted off the session leaving me in a solo session, and despite waiting another 24 game hours the crate never appears, the sessions appears to be unresponsive and no Simeon vehicles or armored trucks or anything of the sort shows up.

Hope this ramble helps and people keep reporting issues up here, there is indeed a lot to fix still, but it's still a blast to play despite the hickups.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

formerly MrJohn666

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

You're very wise. Ever considered getting an avatar for your profile?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users