Photo

Pleasantly surprised!

52 replies to this topic
K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

So I finally made the jump over to free aim lobbies online, (because I was getting sick and tired of being one shotted while in a heli or car from several blocks away.)

and I must say:

I've been pleasantly surprised! Not only are people more mature (not as many tanks or random people killing you for no reason.) but It's actually a lot more competitive!

Me and one guy kept going at it for several minutes until finally I challenged to a 1v1 deathmatch which actually turned out to be epic! 6-5 victory with 10 seconds left.

Spawn killing is drasticly decreased because of what I'd like to call "the added realism" of aiming, therefore it's actually easier to escape any spawn camp situation which is also refreshing.

I've had no issues finding full lobbies in free roam and activities. Overall the past few days have been a blast. I'll NEVER go back to auto aim.

The downfall is there is a little bit of a learning curve as it does take a few hours to get use to aiming on your own, but after that It's a piece of cake and I actually find myself killing NPC's (during jobs) much easier as I can automatically aim at the head level as opposed to locking onto the chest and having to swipe up towards the head.

If you haven't tried it and want a much better experience I highly recommend :)

/rant

• Hamsterbaffle, teh_g, Suppa K and 3 others like this

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Welcome to the fold, brother.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 26 November 2013 - 08:33 PM.

All are welcome....all are welcome (in a Poltergeist voice)

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

The downfall is trying to get full missions, full races or deathmatches when coming from a free aim lobby. 

Otherwise, yes, free aim is better because of the things you listed. 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Awesome OP! Very great to hear some people trying out FA and at least giving it a chance.

Now you really wanna have fun? Never use Auto Aim again, even in SP in ANY Rockstar game. You have not played GTAIV/V, RDR, and MP3 until you have played them on Free Aim. Personally it's the only way for me to play since they drastically improved FA in IV, it's been amazing in every game since.

But you are very right about the player base in FA, not as scummy as auto since auto attracts people who just don't play very well or have been ignorant and never bothered with FA. Ill never understand why anyone would want the game to aim for them, I mean you wouldn't want lock on auto aim in an FPS and frankly TPS's are no different. Someone tried to tell me once that TPS's don't need free aim and aren't made for it to which I reply tell that Socom 1,2 and 3.

Enjoy your stay and have fun. Great to have another positive and fun played on FA, and hopefully more will come and we can just leave the riff raff to dwell their eternal auto aiming hell.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

OP was nice, good to see they attracted the snooty free aim elitists to their thread.

Coruscation
  • Coruscation

Trying to remain objective.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

For some reason I have the 'One of us' chant stuck in my head..

• SecludedMemory and gtarelatedusername2 like this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 26 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

One of us...one of us...

Resistance was futile. It was only a matter of time. Welcome to the collective. 

[edit] I swear I posted that first part before I saw your post Coruscation 

• Coruscation likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'll stick with Autoaim, thanks!

SGra5829
  • SGra5829

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

How do you switch over? Does just turning autoaim off in your settings do it?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 26 November 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Yes, your offline settings determine which sessions you join online.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 26 November 2013 - 09:01 PM.

As far as I know the only way to still change it manually is by going to single player and changing your aim settings under the controls in the start menu, and when you switch to back to online it will sort you into your server accordingly. If you can't lock-on anymore, rest assured that you're in a free aim server (go to your control settings in the start menu to confirm). The only way I know of changing aim servers without having to quit online is by joining a friend/crew member's server who is in a different aim setting roam.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yep, that's it.

Just go to single player, make the change, then go online. Viola! No more getting shot to death by 10-year-olds from 800 yards away while you're weaving in and out of traffic at 90 mph. Now they'll have to aim their gun at you first, and fire at the right time.

• GatorRich likes this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Look at these positive responses!

It's refreshing to see my point about online maturity actually proven before our eyes on the GTA forums.

I was expecting to see several "good riddance douche bag" comments but all positive feedback!

I tell you guys, Free Aim is where it's at. I think a HUGE factor that comes into play that actually reduces random attacks in free mode is "caution"

People are far more cautious at stirring the sh*t pot because they don't actually know how "well" others may be able to aim. It brings a whole new form of competition which lacks in "auto-aim" lobbies where anyone can kill anyone. While in "Free-aim" you may fully regret attacking a particular person who may very well be more deadly with a gun then you.

I LOVE IT. Thanks for everyones Input so far! I just hope more people will heed this message and come over to the grown up version of GTA-O.

Also: I myself have only encountered a few instances where I wasn't able to find a match while selecting "Racing" from the missions list, which is still a small price to pay in exchange for a MUCH BETTER online experience. I now no longer have to worry about being shot out of a vehicle with a pistol while I'm minding my own business.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 26 November 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Just buy tons a ton of ammo. Not saying you should go Rambo on it, but you'll likely lose track of how much more you're using on free aim. 

SUPER TACTILE TIPS OF ULTRA HELP TO REMEMBER TO SAVE LIVES IN FREE AIM IF YOU DON'T KNOW (sometimes): 

• Blind firing around corners/obstacles
  • Run-and-gun in certain situations (pressing fire button without bringing up sights) Reduces accuracy but greatly increases speed and mobility. A lot of people don't know about this.
  • Play Survival
  • Heal often (using items against cover position heals instantly by not doing the silly animations so you can use multiple in a row, excluding eCola)
  • Dat combat roll
  • Play Survival
  • Reload often
  • Play Survival
  • Go for headshots
  • If you can see someone's arm or foot behind cover, shoot the f*ck out of it
  • Play Survival

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

I might have to give this a go. I'm all for evading trouble with players, and this might just be the way to go.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

are you sure its just not you on free aim?

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

are you sure its just not you on free aim?

positive. It places you in a free aim server where everyone else is free aim as well.

GatorRich
  • GatorRich

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I apologize but what is the free aim?

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 26 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I apologize but what is the free aim?

When you bring up your gun sights and there's no automatic lock-on to a player or NPC target setting. The player has to do all the aiming in free aim. 

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Awesome OP! Very great to hear some people trying out FA and at least giving it a chance.

Now you really wanna have fun? Never use Auto Aim again, even in SP in ANY Rockstar game. You have not played GTAIV/V, RDR, and MP3 until you have played them on Free Aim. Personally it's the only way for me to play since they drastically improved FA in IV, it's been amazing in every game since.

But you are very right about the player base in FA, not as scummy as auto since auto attracts people who just don't play very well or have been ignorant and never bothered with FA. Ill never understand why anyone would want the game to aim for them, I mean you wouldn't want lock on auto aim in an FPS and frankly TPS's are no different. Someone tried to tell me once that TPS's don't need free aim and aren't made for it to which I reply tell that Socom 1,2 and 3.

Enjoy your stay and have fun. Great to have another positive and fun played on FA, and hopefully more will come and we can just leave the riff raff to dwell their eternal auto aiming hell.

free aim on SP sucks because the dot is the size of a grain of sand

GatorRich
  • GatorRich

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Never mind, I just read. I would love that. I'm the guy who never kills anyone first and just tries to do my thing and inevitably i get my ass popped in the back.. Don't get me wrong i fight back, but I'm usually just online for fun and my own agenda

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by Ewok626, 26 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

I played through the whole SP using free aim thinking that online would be free aim only.

Free aim is where its at.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 26 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Never mind, I just read. I would love that.

It's only a few button presses away. Assimilate. One of us...

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by Volvo12345, 26 November 2013 - 10:25 PM.

welcome :) try change the sensitive on the aiming, also hold down R2 on ps3, half that keep you aiming but you can also run at the same time.. good in close combat, harder to aim at you.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just in case anyone didn't know with the Beach Bum pack they also added the option to adjust the camera sensitivity along with aim sensitivity. I have both turned all the way up and for me that's the way to go. 

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

This thread actually makes me want to switch.
I am a PC gamer though and aiming with a pad sucks for me, I can't do it....
I'll be cannon fodder if I join free aim, but I guess I have to learn some day!

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Just in case anyone didn't know with the Beach Bum pack they also added the option to adjust the camera sensitivity along with aim sensitivity. I have both turned all the way up and for me that's the way to go. 

Camera sensitivity? Like how fast you spin around in 360?

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

if you havent yet tell all your friends about it.

most my friends had no idea free aim even existed until I told them how to get into it. They have all since fallen in love with it and hate auto aim now.

free aim should have been the default and noobs can set it to "easy" i mean "auto aim"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users