Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV SP ruined GTA Online

114 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

See, you only hear what you want to hear. You don't have anything interesting to say. You'll just brush past anything that YOU can't respond to, and just spew out some sh*t for the sake of having a response. You're just "there".

Are you going to participate in the discussion, or just sit there making points without anything to back them up, and ignoring anything that YOU can't respond to, because you can't admit you're wrong.

NOBODY CARES if "that's what some people don't seem to understand". Tell us why, and then maybe, just maybe, someone will actually care about what you have to say.

Made my points a long time ago, don't need to repeat myself again.

No, you haven't made your points. Not any valid points at least. Most of the rubbish you type is just making points with no evidence.

"Rockstar cut out SP content for Online".

Like what? Tell us, what did they cut out.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by AlexL, 27 November 2013 - 05:21 PM.

No, you haven't made your points. Not any valid points at least. Most of the rubbish you type is just making points with no evidence.

Purchaseable houses? Car insurance & tracker? Extra vehicles? Selling vehicles? A ton more clothing options? Visible body armor? Calling Lester & Merryweather for favors? Trains that can stop and be destroyed? Annihilator helicopter? Large minimap mode? Much bigger garages? Inventory menu?

Well those are just a part of the things mission from SP, I wanna see your excuses now.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 27 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Purchaseable houses? Car insurance & tracker? Extra vehicles? Selling vehicles? A ton more clothing options? Visible body armor? Calling Lester & Merryweather for favors? Trains that can stop and be destroyed? Annihilator helicopter? Large minimap mode? Much bigger garages? Inventory menu?

Well those are just a part of the things mission from SP, I wanna see your excuses now.

Purchasable houses were never in SP. Rockstar made it clear A YEAR AGO that purchasable houses were never in SP. They're for Online.
A ton more clothing options? GTAV SP has PLENTY of clothing options. Much more than Online.
Visible body armour? This was never in SP. Unless you have clear, solid evidence for visible body armour being in MP, you're talking BS.
Calling Lester and Merryweather for favours: same as before
Annihilator: Same as before
Trains that can stop and be exploded: This is in SP.
Large Minimap Mode: Tap down, the map zooms out. You don't need the map to be big in SP. That's like complaining that singleplayer doesn't have deathmatches or other players.
Much bigger garages: As a matter of fact, you can store MORE cars in SP than in Online. Singleplayer:
Franklin has two vehicles, plus his safehouse garage and external garage - 8 vehicles
Trevor has one vehicle, two safehouse parking slots, two garage parking slots and external garage - 17 vehicles
Michael has three vehicles at his home, plus two safehouse garage slots, plus external garage - 26 vehicles.

Twenty six vehicles. That's 16 more than you can have in Online.

Inventory Menu: Again, this was never in Online. You don't NEED an inventory menu. You want to share cash with peds? What's the point? You want to highlight a player? Fun fact: THERE ARE NO OTHER PLAYERS IN SINGLEPLAYER. You want to change your hat? JUST GO TO A SAFEHOUSE. You're that desperate and you REALLY REALLY want to change your hat without going to a safehouse? Just play Online. It's free.

Again, do Online players complain about singleplayer having:

Special abilities, better graphics, purchaseable businesses, a storyline, tow trucks, storeable jet fighters, lots of cutscenes, more detailed clothing, the ability to keep your hat on when in a vehicle, North Yankton missions, motion captured friendly AI, animals, dropping bombs from planes, more detailed safehouses, more variety in safehouses, visible boobs at the strip club, more dancers at the strip club, emails, text messages, talking protagonists, scripted chases, a pet, taxi missions, paparazzi missions, and EVERYTHING ELSE IN SINGLEPLAYER?

"Oh, but who cares about taxi missions?"

Well, let me tell you something, who the f*ck cares about changing your damn hat.
  • Wolfhuman, Staten and Geralt of Rivia like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.

We've already gone over this. I'm not gonna argue again, because then you're just gonna back off and post stupid, off-topic comments like last time.

If you can't back up anything you say, don't say it. Not hard to understand.

LazyBoy.:

But...but wait! Wouldn't that mean that Online was half-assed by SP!? OH MY GOD! OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD.

To bad he'll never even get your comment or just ignorantly respond to it.

• lazy. likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Multiplayer having exclusive features is not proof that those features were removed from single player. You have one claim so far and that's the safehouses because the singleplayer gameplay trailer provides evidence to back up your claim.

The rest you must provide one of the following:

A preview that explicitly states that these features were in the single player. This preview must be clear and not written in such a way that the writer could be mixing singleplayer or multiplayer. 

A statement by Rockstar about these features being in the single player campaign. 

Gameplay trailer footage. 

Game files or coding that can be easily found and verified by others using any purchased copy of GTA V. 

Things that are not evidence:

Normal trailer footage. This footage is a combination of mission and non-mission footage all shot in a cinematic way. This makes it impossible to know what is truly a feature and is not. 

Personal opinions. Your opinion on this matter is not a fact and therefore cannot be used as such.

Random web statements from other people who are not connected to Rockstar. Another opinion cannot be used to back up your opinion. 

The fact that the multiplayer mode has separate features to single player. This is not an uncommon thing in games nor is it proof that things were cut from the single player. 

Any "game file" that you exclusively provide without giving us a method to extract the file ourselves. 

Now that we've cleared that up, please state your evidence instead of once again restating your claims. 

• Wolfhuman, DeafMetal and Geralt of Rivia like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Multiplayer having exclusive features is not proof that those features were removed from single player. You have one claim so far and that's the safehouses because the singleplayer gameplay trailer provides evidence to back up your claim.

The rest you must provide one of the following:

A preview that explicitly states that these features were in the single player. This preview must be clear and not written in such a way that the writer could be mixing singleplayer or multiplayer. 

A statement by Rockstar about these features being in the single player campaign. 

Gameplay trailer footage. 

Game files or coding that can be easily found and verified by others using any purchased copy of GTA V. 

Things that are not evidence:

Normal trailer footage. This footage is a combination of mission and non-mission footage all shot in a cinematic way. This makes it impossible to know what is truly a feature and is not. 

Personal opinions. Your opinion on this matter is not a fact and therefore cannot be used as such.

Random web statements from other people who are not connected to Rockstar. Another opinion cannot be used to back up your opinion. 

The fact that the multiplayer mode has separate features to single player. This is not an uncommon thing in games nor is it proof that things were cut from the single player. 

Any "game file" that you exclusively provide without giving us a method to extract the file ourselves. 

Now that we've cleared that up, please state your evidence instead of once again restating your claims. 

Don't use logic with him! He won't be having any of that!

Anyway, nice post. It won't help though.

It would be awesome, though, if some things from Online did make it into SP.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by AlexL, 27 November 2013 - 06:00 PM.

We've already gone over this. I'm not gonna argue again, because then you're just gonna back off and post stupid, off-topic comments like last time.

LazyBoy.:

But...but wait! Wouldn't that mean that Online was half-assed by SP!? OH MY GOD! OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD.

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. Nothing more than that, why would someone in their right mind prefer singleplayer to have less features than the online? It's the fanboys like you who would accept anything Rockstar throws at them and still pay for it, people like you are the reason why get a half-assed singleplayer and an overly complicated mmo wannabe online. I'm done wasting my time with you mate, you are un-savable.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

LazyBoy.:

Excuses, excuses and more excuses. Nothing more than that, why would someone in their right mind prefer singleplayer to have less features than the online? It's the fanboys like you who would accept anything Rockstar throws at them and still pay for it, you are the reason why get a half-assed singleplayer and an overly complicated mmo wannabe online. I'm done wasting my time with you mate, you are un-savable.

Aaaand you just proved my point. And you also clearly don't understand what anyone above you, who explained it way better than I did, says, or just don't care.

Have a nice day  :santa:

• Wolfhuman likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Aaaand you just proved my point. And you also clearly don't understand what anyone above you, who explained it way better than I did, says, or just don't care.

I guess I must have stopped by in a fanboy thread, I'm sorry I killed your fanboy party over here. Keep worshipping Crockstar :^:

• kvic likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

I guess I must have stopped by in a fanboy thread, I'm sorry I killed your fanboy party over here. Keep worshipping Crockstar :^:

Let me put it like this:

You claim (And you fail at it) that SP is half-assed by Online.

Well, by your logic, Online is half-assed by SP!

Like LazyBoy. said:

"Special abilities, better graphics, purchaseable businesses, a storyline, tow trucks, storeable jet fighters, lots of cutscenes, more detailed clothing, the ability to keep your hat on when in a vehicle, North Yankton missions, motion captured friendly AI, animals, dropping bombs from planes, more detailed safehouses, more variety in safehouses, visible boobs at the strip club, more dancers at the strip club, emails, text messages, talking protagonists, scripted chases, a pet, taxi missions, paparazzi missions, and EVERYTHING ELSE IN SINGLEPLAYER?"

I mean, SP has all that stuff that Online doesn't! That's an even bigger list than your complaints about GTA SP being half-assed.

So using your logic, there's more evidence (Which, to you, is fact, funny enough) to prove that Online is half-assed because of SP.

Alright, you can leave now.

• Wolfhuman and SoupKitchenXtreme like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Let me put it like this:

Like LazyBoy. said:

"Special abilities, better graphics, purchaseable businesses, a storyline, tow trucks, storeable jet fighters, lots of cutscenes, more detailed clothing, the ability to keep your hat on when in a vehicle, North Yankton missions, motion captured friendly AI, animals, dropping bombs from planes, more detailed safehouses, more variety in safehouses, visible boobs at the strip club, more dancers at the strip club, emails, text messages, talking protagonists, scripted chases, a pet, taxi missions, paparazzi missions, and EVERYTHING ELSE IN SINGLEPLAYER?"

I mean, SP has all that stuff that Online doesn't! That's an even bigger list than your complaints about GTA SP being half-assed.

So using your logic, there's more evidence (Which, to you, is fact, funny enough) to prove that Online is half-assed because of SP.

Technically, isn't it kinda a fact now that Online was rushed out the gate unfinished in pretty much every way? When it first launched people had their progress and characters deleted, all those patches just to get stable, and all of the missing heists and content that was promised in the GTA:O trailer kinda point to that. GTA V also had the car disappearing thing that was patched, but Online was just a huge mess from what I recall. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Let me put it like this:

Like LazyBoy. said:

Technically, isn't it kinda a fact now that Online was rushed out the gate unfinished in pretty much every way? When it first launched people had their progress and characters deleted, all those patches just to get stable, and all of the missing heists and content that was promised in the GTA:O trailer kinda point to that. GTA V also had the car disappearing thing that was patched, but Online was just a huge mess from what I recall. 

Yes, it can be used like that, but that can also be chalked up to just plain server problems.

No matter how ready you are, millions upon millions of people all joining servers at once are gonna shut them down. It's like a small, legit DDoS attack (Except it's not a DDoS, obviously).

The fact that they got everything working well within (Lol alliteration) a couple weeks is pretty amazing.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by blowtorchrepair, 27 November 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Anyone that claims that his/her opinion is a fact is an asshole.
That's a fact.

And when did I say that's an opinion? It's a fact because that's what it is, unless you lack common sense.

And you lack a sarcasm detector.

you had it right the first time.  you shouldn't have backed off...

some of the stuff in SP might need to be configured differently to work online.  ?

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Guy's just look around the web @ up coming DLC everyone I have seen states FOR ONLINE GTA V . Try to find up coming DLC for SP

Purchasable houses were never in SP. Rockstar made it clear A YEAR AGO that purchasable houses were never in SP. They're for Online

Which was stated above ,people are not blaming you personally we/they are pointing the finger at Rockstar.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Guy's just look around the web @ up coming DLC everyone I have seen states FOR ONLINE GTA V . Try to find up coming DLC for SP

Purchasable houses were never in SP. Rockstar made it clear A YEAR AGO that purchasable houses were never in SP. They're for Online

Which was stated above ,people are not blaming you personally we/they are pointing the finger at Rockstar.

Ok...?

And what does it matter if Online gets exclusive DLC? I'm sure SP will be getting exclusive DLC too. If they don't, then THAT'S cause for concern. There's no reason for it to even be mentioned for anything as of right now though.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by kvic, 27 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Ok...?

And what does it matter if Online gets exclusive DLC? I'm sure SP will be getting exclusive DLC too. If they don't, then THAT'S cause for concern. There's no reason for it to even be mentioned for anything as of right now though.

It may not matter if you only like to play online, but there is a BIG segment that Rockstar threw away ,I don't know how long you have been playing the GTA series ,but myself I have them all and to have Rockstar slap people in the face by not coming forward from the get go and state it will be MAINLY a onlne game ,well to me it;s a stab in the back.

• AlexL likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ok...?

It may not matter if you only like to play online, but there is a BIG segment that Rockstar threw away ,I don't know how long you have been playing the GTA series ,but myself I have them all and to have Rockstar slap people in the face by not coming forward from the get go and state it will be MAINLY a onlne game ,well to me it;s a stab in the back.

How is it "mainly" an online game though?

GTA 5 is a SP game only. GTA: Online is GTA's new multiplayer mode. At least that's what R* says, and as of right now, there's no reason to doubt or not believe this. We'll have to wait for GTA 6 to know the true answer to this.

I also don't know what you're trying to argue here. Are you trying to say that there shouldn't be exclusive DLC? If so, then I agree, but I don't find it a really bad thing unless they make it so.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by spamtackey, 27 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Yes, it can be used like that, but that can also be chalked up to just plain server problems.

No matter how ready you are, millions upon millions of people all joining servers at once are gonna shut them down. It's like a small, legit DDoS attack (Except it's not a DDoS, obviously).

The fact that they got everything working well within (Lol alliteration) a couple weeks is pretty amazing.

I tried to stay away from talking about the actual connection issues, but rather the people who had a character for a good amount of time that just vanished and stuff like that. The people who lost money out of nowhere and such. My first character was there for about a week and suddenly was gone, but that's the only character I lost, but I don't play online a ton. Basically, the stuff that kept happening after the server problems got better. Every game definitely goes through hardship when it first goes online, but GTA: O was pretty rough. 

I really don't get why people would say that GTA:O had more priority than GTA:V when V was at least beatable without deleting your whole progress when it first came out (and when it calmed down from server overload for Online). 

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Good solid posts (imo).

@AlexL

I unhided your posts just because of the other solid posts that were made. IMO, you had the perfect chance to proof your: "facts". But yet, you didn't. I hope that this is the last time that you post your: "facts"  And it probably is the last time since you didn't showed any evidence to backup your claim. You either posted something off topic, avoided or didn't answered the posts, not because you didn't want to but because you simply couldn't. If you would post things that you don't have any evidence for as: IMO. Then we would get along just fine.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I tried to stay away from talking about the actual connection issues, but rather the people who had a character for a good amount of time that just vanished and stuff like that. The people who lost money out of nowhere and such. My first character was there for about a week and suddenly was gone, but that's the only character I lost, but I don't play online a ton. Basically, the stuff that kept happening after the server problems got better. Every game definitely goes through hardship when it first goes online, but GTA: O was pretty rough. 

I really don't get why people would say that GTA:O had more priority than GTA:V when V was at least beatable without deleting your whole progress when it first came out (and when it calmed down from server overload for Online). 

Oh yeah. That was bad. Luckily that never happened to me, as I could never get past the damn race anyway :p

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Rockstar have already said that they will be constantly developing content for GTA:O. It is an ongoing project that we are fortunate enough to be able to play.

GTA: V is finished, outside of bug-fixes or DLC, there won't be any more work done on it. Honestly, I do feel that they're going to focus more on online because it has more potential and I'm fine with that. I enjoyed GTA: V's story but whenever I launch the game, it's so that I can hop on GTA: O.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Rockstar have already said that they will be constantly developing content for GTA:O. It is an ongoing project that we are fortunate enough to be able to play.

GTA: V is finished, outside of bug-fixes or DLC, there won't be any more work done on it. Honestly, I do feel that they're going to focus more on online because it has more potential and I'm fine with that. I enjoyed GTA: V's story but whenever I launch the game, it's so that I can hop on GTA: O.

I totaly understand that but if Rockstar wanted to make even more money they should have released two flavors of the game and one complete edition, ie ,SP,MP and a combined edition, because to me they are two different games. Unless they release a next gen version a lot of people are going to move on and if they do release a next gen version will future DLC work with the older 360/ps3.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

I totaly understand that but if Rockstar wanted to make even more money they should have released two flavors of the game and one complete edition, ie ,SP,MP and a combined edition, because to me they are two different games. Unless they release a next gen version a lot of people are going to move on and if they do release a next gen version will future DLC work with the older 360/ps3.

They are two separate games. GTA 5 is SP only. GTA: Online is a whole separate entity. By buying GTA 5, you get access to GTA: Online for free.

I have no idea how it's gonna work for next-gen, but I assume they'll keep the GTA: Online model for a while.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by AlexL, 27 November 2013 - 10:06 PM.

They are two separate games. GTA 5 is SP only. GTA: Online is a whole separate entity. By buying GTA 5, you get access to GTA: Online for free.

I have no idea how it's gonna work for next-gen, but I assume they'll keep the GTA: Online model for a while.

I have a hard time buying into this "two separate games" thing. I mean they come on the same disk, they use the same engine, graphics and physics. To me it's nothing more than GTA 5's multiplayer.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

GTA online is a big part of the series now. They just have to improve it continuously until enough people are satisifed with the content and the way it works. SP is still the main part, but I think the lack of content is because of their DLC plans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users