Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAV SP ruined GTA Online

114 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 26 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

I have such fun playing GTA Online, but it is evident how Rockstar focused way too much on GTA SP.

I've been gaming online since the cathode ray tube amusement device in 1947 but the new trend of focusing too much on the singleplayings is apalling. In playersingles there are all sorts of fun things like animals, cutscenes, an overall storyline, seamless character transition and tow trucks, but us loyal online players are left with nothing. It is obviously that these contents were cut to be resolding to us as Downloadable Content. I am quite frankly massively disappoint in Rockstar Games and this sudden change in direction from the outstanding service given to us before Grand Theft Auto Online.
  • baskerwil, B Dawg, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 12 others like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I see what you did there.

• B Dawg, Teo265, lizardman563 and 7 others like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I an I

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can't wait to see how many heads this goes over.

• lizardman563, KING2dor, G.S.T and 3 others like this

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by jimmyjoneser, 26 November 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Its not entirely true. Yes, they probably will find ways to add a lot of content from the singleplayer version over to MP via DLC at some point, but much of it is not present in online because it would take a massive toll on the servers that would reduce the overall gameplay experience when servers are maxed...sweating in the heat while running and all those other little touches being exerted 10 millions times at once on the rockstar servers would just be impractical..the reason they can add additional content is because they expand their servers as the game does, and they find additional rewrites for existing code to make things more efficient..basically, to implement all those little touches online, it would take a hundred times the effort as it does in single player on each individual console

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

If you just reverse a couple of words then you got it right :^:

• Teo265, theGTAking101, zielarz119 and 1 other like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Can't wait to see how many heads this goes over.

look below your post

• DeafMetal likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Its not entirely true. Yes, they probably will find ways to add a lot of content from the singleplayer version over to MP via DLC at some point, but much of it is not present in online because it would take a massive toll on the servers that would reduce the overall gameplay experience when servers are maxed...sweating in the heat while running and all those other little touches being exerted 10 millions times at once on the rockstar servers would just be impractical..the reason they can add additional content is because they expand their servers as the game does, and they find additional rewrites for existing code to make things more efficient..basically, to implement all those little touches online, it would take a hundred times the effort as it does in single player on each individual console

And here's the first.

• lazy. likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

And here's the first.

LOL I dont wanna live on this planet anymore
  • lazy. likes this

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

And here's the first.
Lmao smh

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I entered this thread with the intentions of launching a full-on tirade of abuse at you OP.

But your obvious sarcasm has made me incapable of doing so, and now I'm sad.

• Wolfhuman, Teo265, lazy. and 2 others like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you just reverse a couple of words then you got it right (IMO) :^:

Edited your post

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

I see what you did there.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, very...ironic considering GTA O launched two weeks after SP. So technically, SP was "ruined" already because of how much stuff they have cut out.

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

you do realize that he was saying that Online ruined SP?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Edited your post

That ain't just an opinion, it's a fact.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Trololololol-lololo- trlololololo. 

I see what ya did there, cheeky cheeky.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

No it's not AlexL. Online came after two weeks, while SP was already on the disc. They cut a lot of stuff out of the game therefore the only thing you can blame is Single Player and Rockstar. Online is just the outcome of those two having sex together.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

No it's not AlexL. Online came after two weeks, while SP was already on the disc. They cut a lot of stuff out of the game therefore the only thing you can blame is Single Player and Rockstar. Online is just the outcome of those two having sex together.

Nope, blame online for the stuff cut out of singleplayer. The op was being sarcastic, it's actually the other way around.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Obviously he was being sarcastic. It was obvious in the first moment of reading through. But it's Rockstar's fault for doing that, not online. They just had to use the same coding in both versions of the game. Obviously there was a lazy c*nt sitting down drinking whiskey with Dan and the bald headed Sam.

• AlexL likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 26 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

I'm not sure if you quite understood the OP or not, but it was aimed at the people who say Online ruined SP.

I wish you'd all stfu and appreciate whichever half of the game you enjoy. Singleplayers, you enjoy animal hunting, detailed missions, unique safehouses, character switching and better graphics while Online players can enjoy being able to choose what vehicle they want to drive and avoiding the daunting task of using the start menu to set a waypoint.

tbh i'd rather you both stayed quiet and waited for some more newbies to bite the dust but whatever, life is just one long disappointment.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Obviously he was being sarcastic. It was obvious in the first moment of reading through. But it's Rockstar's fault for doing that, not online. They just had to use the same coding in both versions of the game. Obviously there was a lazy c*nt sitting down drinking whiskey with Dan and the bald headed Sam.

Dan's the bald one:

Sam Houser

sam_spratt_sam_houser_rockstar_portrait2

Dan Houser

Sloth.jpg

• Anzand17 and Zodape like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Edited your post

That ain't just an opinion, it's a fact.

Anyone that claims that his/her opinion is a fact is an asshole.

That's a fact.
  • yonatan755 likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sapos y Brujas no caminan entre gente seria

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

That's how the gaming industry is going, you'll have to deal with that or quit gaming, or just enjoy older titles.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

That's a fact.

And when did I say that's an opinion? It's a fact because that's what it is, unless you lack common sense.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by Teo265, 26 November 2013 - 09:19 PM.

The true GTA is in SP, Online is just an addition and should not be taken as seriously as R* has taken it. Concentrating on Online instead of fixing SP bugs is a mistake in my opinion. Players should be kept happy :)

it was aimed at the people who say Online ruined SP.

But it's technically true. Developing Online used resources that could've been used to develop SP further.

• PkUnzipper and AlexL like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

That's a fact.

And when did I say that's an opinion? It's a fact because that's what it is, unless you lack common sense.

And you lack a sarcasm detector.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

When you call me names then I take your sh*t seriously, so next time you use sarcasm try to leave insults out of it.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

The true GTA is in SP, Online is just an addition and should not be taken as seriously as R* has taken it. Concentrating on Online instead of fixing SP bugs is a mistake in my opinion. Players should be kept happy :)

But it's technically true. Developing Online used resources that could've been used to develop SP further.

Single Player would get boring without Multiplayer, so no. The problem here is a lot of stuff have been cut out which would have made the game MUCH better.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Single Player would get boring without Multiplayer, so no. The problem here is a lot of stuff have been cut out which would have made the game MUCH better.

IV had proper, working MP which didn't have this many problems. Why fix something that wasn't broken? Wasting resources and money in something that doesn't work. Simple things don't have to be made complicated by force.

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

When you call me names then I take your sh*t seriously, so next time you use sarcasm try to leave insults out of it.

Kay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users