• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic
RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

So this is what they're doing now instead of fixing all the single player issues, they're trying to squeeze more out of customers with mobile versions of their old games... They need to understand that you fix one thing, and then move on to the next, not just abandon it.

Yep, that one guy that works at r* has been working on this instead of recoding single player to make it work the way you would like. He also wastes time creating posters and t shirts for their online store. They should really hire a second guy.

Forum relevant comment - this might actually be the thing that pulls me away from V/O for a while...

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

WHY IN THE GTA 5 SECITAONMADFBKKLB NFLDSBNDF HGHMGMNBGM

Oh, so gtaforums is not only GTA V section?

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, awesome! I've been looking forward to this. Can't wait, hope they will improve the graphics a lot!

Don't expect too much. Being on small screens they know graphics will look better by default (by not being able to notice the lack of polygons on models) so they probably won't spend too much time on that and besides changing a few textures I don't think they even need to.

They will add a few effects and change how some things like shadows are rendered... but that's basically it.

There are also tablets though.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Even so this is still the wrong section. 

This is GTA V Discussion. There is a News section where this thread "should" go.

Also if you follow Rockstar's FB page, you would have known this news since early this morning... so this thread is late like IGN.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 26 November 2013 - 10:34 PM.

In 9 more years you can play GTA 5 on your sun glasses :cool:

In 18 GTA 10 on the head of a pin.....

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by henriquedematos, 26 November 2013 - 10:34 PM.

I wonder if it will run on my Xperia U. Played through the GTA III storyline on it - Graphics look pretty good, runs smoothly, and even with the considerably bad controls, it was fun. On the other hand, I've been playing through Vice City lately on the Xperia U, and the textures look awful, frequent lag during gameplay and even some crashes make it hard to enjoy.

It probably won't get past the loading screen of San Andreas.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

I hope my iPhone 4S will be able to run it smoothly

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

So they couldn't bother making a port for PSP because of limitations but now they make it for freaking phones and tablets? 

Wow...

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by Sasqui, 26 November 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Double post

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

I was thinking about making a post yesterday about San Andreas' 10th Anniversery, but I figured if I posted it in the SA section it wouldn't get any readers but people would give me crap for posting it in the V section.
I was thinking it would be remastered in HD but this is the next best thing.
Anyways, this is cool and I'll be playing it for sure!

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

In 9 more years you can play GTA 5 on your sun glasses :cool:

In 18 GTA 10 on the head of a pin.....
I imagined playing GTA V on my calculator (1080p)
  • yonatan755 likes this

chsJO
  • chsJO

Street Cat

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yesssssssssssssssssss

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Great news, but why release it this year and not wait 'till October 2014 when it's the 10th Anniversary ???

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Great news, but why release it this year and not wait 'till October 2014 when it's the 10th Anniversary ???

Because CockStar don't give a f*ck about gta 5 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

So they couldn't bother making a port for PSP because of limitations but now they make it for freaking phones and tablets? 

Wow...

Technology has advanced. The PSP was only 222Mhz (333Mhz unlocked but not many games used it), 32MB of RAM, and a slow UMD Drive with limited capacity (1.8GB) which speed was that low, it was struggling to keep up with Vice City and playback the Radio (Vice City Stories).

The real question is why don't Rockstar do these for Vita? though I imagine now that all three are done, we MIGHT get a Trilogy HD release on the Vita as a full price title.

• Mega likes this

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

Wouldn't want to play GTA on a small phone screen.

Then get it for iPad....

Njale
  • Njale

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, awesome! I've been looking forward to this. Can't wait, hope they will improve the graphics a lot!

Don't expect too much. Being on small screens they know graphics will look better by default (by not being able to notice the lack of polygons on models) so they probably won't spend too much time on that and besides changing a few textures I don't think they even need to.

They will add a few effects and change how some things like shadows are rendered... but that's basically it.

They won't change anything really, they will just port the PC version which had dynamic shadows more visual effects and a bit better textures than the PS2 version. They did the same thing with III and VC,

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Holy sh*t, I'd spend days playing this.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

f*ck YEAH!!

Mega
  • Mega

And remember: respect is EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

The real question is why don't Rockstar do these for Vita? though I imagine now that all three are done, we MIGHT get a Trilogy HD release on the Vita as a full price title.

Damn, I hope so, that'd be a great reason to own a Vita (hell, I remember I only bought a PSP because of the Stories titles years ago and stayed for other games and don't regret it!)

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by The4orTy67, 27 November 2013 - 06:33 AM.

Maybe they'll just try porting the Xbox version which I grew up with.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

They won't change anything really, they will just port the PC version which had dynamic shadows more visual effects and a bit better textures than the PS2 version. They did the same thing with III and VC,

Or maybe the Xbox version.

I have a feeling that's what they're porting. The Xbox version I think had higher graphics than the PS2 version, but I'm not sure what they were equivocally to the PC version.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Or maybe the Xbox version.

I have a feeling that's what they're porting. The Xbox version I think had higher graphics than the PS2 version, but I'm not sure what they were equivocally to the PC version.

That was III and Vice City actually. SA released on PC and Xbox around the same time and were pretty much equal, but when Rockstar ported III and Vice CIty in the Double Pack they updated it for the Xbox. I always wondered why they never updated the PC versions to be equivalent. I know you can mod them to make them look better, but it'd still be nice to have those updates on the PC without mods. 

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Because 100 people look in the SA section and 100,000 people look in the V section..

So yeah, it's kind of logical isn't it. EVEN if it's a post about gta sa in a section different than the gta sa section. I know it's hard to sleep at night right now, but sometimes important rules like this have to be broken.

No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users