Photo

The Showroom: Coil Voltic

51 replies to this topic
UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 21 December 2013 - 03:55 AM.

On the Legendary Motorsports website, the Coil Voltic pictured has no roof.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Looks like the recent patch did some changes to the Voltic, haha I didn't even know. Awesome to hear!

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Looks like the recent patch did some changes to the Voltic, haha I didn't even know. Awesome to hear!

Such as?  Considering buying this on my second character.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

I heard something about having the roof now being fully optional, but once again I have been deceived lol I guess there aren't any changes you still gotta gamble when you buy and hope for the one you wanted :p

Now that you know there weren't any changes made, would you still consider? Lol just ask yourself if you want a super car with great acceleration... but lacks top speed. Good handling... but has a body of a plastic bag lol.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Conrad Tokyo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

I fell in love with it in the single player and made sure it was my first super I bought in multi. It kicks all the Adder and Entity asses in races that aren't straightaways. 

0_0.jpg

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Love it, ordered it in red and it came in wine red.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

I heard something about having the roof now being fully optional, but once again I have been deceived lol I guess there aren't any changes you still gotta gamble when you buy and hope for the one you wanted :p

Now that you know there weren't any changes made, would you still consider? Lol just ask yourself if you want a super car with great acceleration... but lacks top speed. Good handling... but has a body of a plastic bag lol.

That's disappointing that it's still a gamble to get the roof preference you want but that probably won't sway my decision.  I forgot how cheap the car is.  Was thinking it was in the neighborhood of 500k but looked yesterday and saw it's actually only 150k.  It will also be on my second character which I started recently, so I have open spots.

When you said changes I thought maybe I had missed something about it now being able to equip a turbo or handling changes or something like that.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

Nooo not that I know of, although I don't know if having a turbo on it would make it better... consider its acceleration is already off the roof, it's just this game lacks mods for increasing top speed. Because that's what the Voltic needs the most.

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

My first super car, and the only vehicle I still have (besides the Akuma) from the beginning. Once you get used to how squirrely this thing is at high speeds, nobody can catch you. It can only be beat on the loong straights. This thing corners and accelerates out of the turns like nobody's business... only the motorbikes like the double-t are as agile. In downtown Los Santos, the Voltic is king. 0_0.jpg

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

It's not a f*cking Tesla but a Lotus.

gfen
  • gfen

GTAF Minister of Propaganda

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

It's not a f*cking Tesla but a Lotus.

Why is this forum utterly retarded in not realizing Teslas are built inside Lotus bodies, and thus look just like them.

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

0_0.jpg

Not even half engine modded but this car's the best. Badass acceleration.

twurk
  • twurk

let's go to da phonez real quick

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

This little sh*t goes ridiculously fast in reverse, I love it.

QHjCEc7.jpg

IbFHP6k.jpg

exhf6ja.jpg

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by lordemperor, 22 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

The Voltic is just tons of fun to drive. Takes off and climbs to max speed in no time and the engine noise is just so soothing.

It is terrible for any practical purpose though! It's no good in races - even if they are 100% corners. It's a terrible getaway car that can't handle any contact with other vehicles. It can't handle off-road or climb steep slopes. The smallest bump on the road flips it over.

I still love driving it and it's my go-to vehicle for free-roam.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also I found one in traffic the other day:

xbvd2RI.jpg

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Aww, that looks so much better with the roof. I've already bought two to try and get one...

gfen
  • gfen

GTAF Minister of Propaganda

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by bloatedsack, 22 January 2014 - 07:36 PM.

I love my Voltic. Its not gonna stand up in a toe-to-toe fight with real Supercars on teh BS tracks people mostly race, but do something on the streets where its phenomenal braking and accelleration comes into play, and you'll hold up.

Right until someone checks your ultralight track toy into a wall with their bloated hypercar. ;)

I do wish it was classed as a sports car and not a supercar, or they'd simply push the stupid Adder and Entitiy into their own class.

I bought it primarily as a mission car, where it excels because you can weave through anything and blitz around corners.

But, all that aside... it looks good at the club...

0_0.jpg

Good on the streets:

0_0.jpg

Hell, even though its a track car, if you should find yourself up a mountain, it'll bring you home:

0_0.jpg

BTW: I don't know why people really can't grasp the concept that its a Tesla Roadster. The real Nikolai Tesla mostly famous for his "tesla coil."

"Bbbbut it looks like a lotus," you whine.

Sure does, because Lotus stays afloat by selling off its engineering to other people, such as their ultralight chassis and suspension designs to automotive makers, like, y'know, Tesla.

Example here.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Here's mine. It took me ordering it 3 times before I got one with a paintered roof. I was rich then so it was no big deal.

0_0.jpg

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Cleaned it up, looks much nicer...

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Fun fact about the voltic

If you damage the sideskirts enough the car will bounce and flip randomly. good for some lulz

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Here is my Voltic:

0_0.jpg

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

eewww what the fk is that

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Why do peolple try to start arguments about what the cars are modeled after.

Guess some people dont know lotus elise came out way before hennesy used the model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users