» «
Photo

The Showroom: Coil Voltic

51 replies to this topic
J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by J-Real, 23 December 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Hello everyone, welcome to another great edition of The Showroom, and today we're going to be going over the super car: Coil Voltic.

y9Qikwr.png

DMg50Uy.png

IA297Lj.png

Background/Design

The Coil Voltic is the first of it's kind to hit the Grand Theft Auto game, and it's inspired by the Tesla Roadster. It's currently the only electric super car in the game right now which means you wont really hear an engine noise when driving one. The front of the car also resembles the Lotus Elise which is personally one of my favourite cars IRL. Did you know that you can hear pedestrians compliment your car if you pull up near them in Downtown Vinewood?

Speed - 8.0

Now, the reason why I'm giving a relatively high score for speed is because of it's awesome acceleration speed. The Coil shows a very small and light body, perfect for car chases and getting away from the cops. Even though it has great acceleration, the top speed isn't all that great and other super cars end up passing you in the long run.

Handling - 8.0

I personally think that the Voltic has great handling. It has a small light thinner than average body which is great for going around corners. The only downside is that if you crash... YOU CRASH like HARD, the light body makes it easy for the Voltic to be tossed around like a paper plane.

Overall Rating - 8.0

I think the Voltic is a great vehicle, it's fast and affordable. Great acceleration but not so good top speed, perfect for car chases but not really for races. If you ask me though, I'd still want one. 

So what do you guys think of the Coil Voltic?

And if you happen to own one, make sure to post pictures!

ToBContinued08

Voltic_zpsfe9bbda3.jpg

arziben

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

sccojake

0_0.jpg

Killzone3625

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

EchoRain

0_0.jpg

Ermac

0_0.jpg

• MysterBeefy likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

And takes its design cues from the Lotus car line. (Exige, Exige S, Elise)

Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by Crimson Glyph, 26 November 2013 - 02:37 AM.

I've really started to like it a lot recently. As you said, the top speed isn't very fast, but it accelerates so quickly, that it pretty much makes up for it.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

And takes its design cues from the Lotus car line. (Exige, Exige S, Elise)

Yep, the lotus lines are amazing cars I might add.

I've really started to like it a lot recently. As you said, the top speed isn't very fast, but it accelerates so quickly. that it pretty much makes up for it.

Yeah, I was the same as you. When I first got the car I was pretty skeptical... but after doing a couple races and a few missions I grew to like the car. And now I don't know if I want to let go of it or not D:

lukeyk22
  • lukeyk22

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

It was the second car I brought and I'm not letting it go, even if it does want to take off now n then.
  • J-Real likes this

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

Man O' Man. Your right about the top speed, but man can this thing hook coming out of corners. Here's my photo of it.

Voltic_zpsfe9bbda3.jpg

Got to represent my crew. :)

• J-Real likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

I really like the electric cars in this game, however the Voltic is not my number 1. Now, if I could put a twin turbo V8 and a widebody kit on it I'd have my $900,000 dream car...

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I really like the electric cars in this game, however the Voltic is not my number 1. Now, if I could put a twin turbo V8 and a widebody kit on it I'd have my $900,000 dream car...

Haha, it's always good to dream. I happen to drive beside a Tesla Roadster the other day on the way to school and man, it was so weird not hearing anything while its going 100kmh  :blink:

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

My friend's Voltic :

0_0.jpg

Oh, and my Canis Mesa c;

OP's Voltic with these ugly rims and white walls, you ruined the car more than I did...

• J-Real likes this

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

My friend's Voltic :

0_0.jpg

Oh, and my Canis Mesa c;

OP's Voltic with these ugly rims and white walls, you ruined the car more than I did...

Haha yeah I have a tendency of customizing cars with weird combinations, if you ever see me driving around you'll instantly know by the colours.

If you think my Voltic is butchered, you aint see nothin yet. *explode*  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by NibbsTM, 26 November 2013 - 04:00 PM.

I agree it's not bad, even in some races. I did well in an 8 (I think) player race on Vinewood Nights with lots of mountain bends and some offroad, where its lightness and acceleration helped a lot. I placed 3rd and did have some accidents along the way. Another voltic was there but came in last, so maybe I was fortunate. A bit disappointed that it didn't drastically outperform something like the Adder on the tight offroad sections, but I had trouble passing one.

Edit: One thing though, no turbo upgrade, which makes it suffer if people have upgraded cars. My supercar of choice was the Cheetah, and with their pricetag I'm hesitant to add another to the garage.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I agree it's not bad, even in some races. I did well in an 8 (I think) player race on Vinewood Nights with lots of mountain bends and some offroad, where its lightness and acceleration helped a lot. I placed 3rd and did have some accidents along the way. Another voltic was there but came in last, so maybe I was fortunate. A bit disappointed that it didn't drastically outperform something like the Adder on the tight offroad sections, but I had trouble passing one.

Edit: One thing though, no turbo upgrade, which makes it suffer if people have upgraded cars. My supercar of choice was the Cheetah, and with their pricetag I'm hesitant to add another to the garage.

Yeah there are some good days with the Voltic where you win a super car race against adders and entities. lol.

There's no turbo upgrade? I'm pretty sure there is, but it's kinda pointless because the acceleration bar is already pretty high to begin with.

Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

He's right, there's no turbo available as it's an electric vehicle.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

He's right, there's no turbo available as it's an electric vehicle.

Wow I never knew that! Learn somethin new every day.  :cool:

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I've just heard it from someone else on this forum, but it makes sense for an electrical car. I think you lose a lot without a turbo even though the bar looks about maxed, every acceleration upgrade adds up. That leaves the fully modded voltic without the acceleration advantage and less top speed.

• J-Real likes this

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

This car however nice it is (it is) will never replace my precious Entity XF that I spent so much on. It's a nice car though.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

This car however nice it is (it is) will never replace my precious Entity XF that I spent so much on. It's a nice car though.

Haha in the end, people always prefer speed. :p

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Nah it's just the glorious engine sound. I can never get used to a whine of an electric motor. The Entity is almost up there in acceleration and cornering but is faster though. 

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Might be getting rid of mine. Every curb or concrete island I hit send me rolling. Suppose I could raise it back up.

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Might be getting rid of mine. Every curb or concrete island I hit send me rolling. Suppose I could raise it back up.

awww, well make sure to post some pics of it before saying bye!

Nah it's just the glorious engine sound. I can never get used to a whine of an electric motor. The Entity is almost up there in acceleration and cornering but is faster though. 

Haha yeah I know what you mean, the lack of engine noise creates a weird driving atmosphere.

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

aw hell that's an old thread I found while looking at all the showrooms I missed and I'm NOT missing the opportunity to show my little volty

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

sccojake
  • sccojake

Proud Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Its a little different looking now, but this will do for now:

0_0.jpg

I just bought it today!

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

imo the car looks WAYYYY better without the roof

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• sccojake likes this

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

love the look of the car, i bought one and modded it. looks are awesome, no sound is neat, but i hate the feel of it. it may handle great in the corners in the flats, i just dont like it personally, feels so light like it has no stability, especially if going over a few humps

ninjaspirit
  • ninjaspirit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

i'm sorry but you are totally mistaken OP

the voltic is a tribure to the http://www.venomgt.com/

venom hennessy

known as the Venom GT

its nothing to do with the pathetic tesla roadster

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by Killzone3265, 21 December 2013 - 02:53 AM.

venom hennessy

known as the Venom GT

roadster.jpg

im pretty sure it looks more like that than the venom..

• DangerZone77 likes this

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

And of course, it's electric....boogie woogie woogie

Durrrrr

EchoRain
  • EchoRain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

"takes its design cues from the Lotus car line"

This is why I love this car, and it's starting to become my Most Used Vehicle behind the Jackal. 

0_0.jpg

J-Real
  • J-Real

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

venom hennessy

known as the Venom GT

Here's the thing I took the whole electric car thing from the Tesla Roadster mainly, then the design I talked about is mostly from the Lotuse line and that's because that's the first thing that went through my mind when I first saw it... not to mention I love the Lotus super cars :p

Every person has a different look to it, but yeah the Venom GT Hennessy does have very very similar looks to the Lotus Elise so yes I do agree with you.

love the look of the car, i bought one and modded it. looks are awesome, no sound is neat, but i hate the feel of it. it may handle great in the corners in the flats, i just dont like it personally, feels so light like it has no stability, especially if going over a few humps

Feels like plastic sometimes, especially when it decides to fly off from a small bump on the road lol.

aw hell that's an old thread I found while looking at all the showrooms I missed and I'm NOT missing the opportunity to show my little volty

Old thread new thread, no worries... that little bump helped people post more pictures of their voltics too! Looks hella nice ones on this thread one.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Voltic sucks. Will flip over and go flying if you run over a stick of gum. Useless vehicle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users