A shake up for family guy fans SPOLIER

42 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

They should keep him dead, he was rather obnoxious. I remember being so impressed that the writers had the stones to call Brian out on his bullsh*t with the infamous Quagmire rant. I feel the show was becoming more about Brian and Stewie's adventures than anything else. Wasn't Brian supposed to be Peter's best friend? Why did we rarely get that angle in later seasons?

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Twist plot: tsiwt tolp. Just kidding.

It was probably Quagmire who killed Brian, although, that may be debatable..

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I stopped watching Family Guy and American Dad a long time ago. Maybe almost a year now. The last episode I remember watching was the one where they do the sort of spin-off thing of Taken. I just remember thinking how boring it had got, all the jokes were the same or just not as good as it used to be. I've been thinking about catching up on all the episodes I've missed but I feel like I have better things to do. It's been a while anyway, I might find all the jokes funny again, I just definitely watched it way too much that I probably ruined it for myself really. Not to mention the fact that over here in the UK they f*cking repeat the same episodes all the time on BBC3. Like Monday and Tuesday will be the same 2 or 3 episodes then Wednesday and Thursday will be the same episodes or something along those lines. That was really agitating.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

Segern ar var!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Family Guy is still in it's prime, the hell are you all talking about? The recent episodes are brilliant, with the exception of the episode under discussion.

South Park has turned into complete crap. Now that's a show that should have finished already.

South park is the only show that stays original, Every episode is so intelligently written and the plot and sub plot points work so well, every episode they manage to not just make one original plot point but several. Family guy is in it's prime? Fahk off!

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

If it does f*ck the show up I'll be asking myself "why screw Family Guy up and not American Dad?"

Even American Dad fans know Family Guy is the superior of the two.

That was my first thought just kill of the Amercian dad, that show was good at first but got old fast.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

The funny part about this is.....at sunday dinner my dad was like they better bring brian back on family guy. I don't watch the show but it was just surprising my dad does.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Huge spoiler alert.

Spoiler

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

So now they have completely gotten rid of Vinnie? Dayum.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

Segern ar var!

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think they made the right decision with this one.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

well I think everybody knew that Brian was coming back around Xmas or new years.

I'm not sure anyone really believed he would stay dead. honestly I thought they could have done a better job with his short death storyline. Vinny was weak. there was a real opportunity to there to do something unique or different especially since it was only temporary. but going with just another dog? meh...

they did it for ratings, anyhow. especially after Family Guy fell behind American Dad.

I reckon it won't be much longer before the show is axed (again) for good.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just as I was beginning to like Vinny too. I like that Brian is back but now I wish they could have both dogs.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Vinny just bothered me.

it just wasn't creative enough. entirely flat 2-dimensional character.

he had maybe another couple of episodes before he was completely tapped out.

what they should have done is something different like have the family get a talking cat or a talking rabbit or something. when they picked another dog, they blew the opportunity to do anything special.

now we're just rehashing all the old "dog behavior" material except with a different sounding voice.

they should have gone with a completely new animal.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

I don't even watch this show religiously but when I first heard they killed Brian off, I knew they were going to bring him back. I mean, Seth is his voice actor, and it's not like he went anywhere. Why would they keep one of the original characters dead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users