Photo

So I finally played IV again today...

38 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Lol what? GTA 4 is the worst GTA Game.
Its boring as f*ck and there is nothing to do since there is no bikes, rhino and planes to f*ck around.

Still trying to be the new Zee, eh? :lol:

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in this thread but I went back on it and still disliked it as much as I did when it came out. The city is dull, Niko for me is decent but I didn't feel his story that much. There's some missions which are great, there's less pointless missions on IV but it still feels a little lifeless.

• ten-a-penny likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in this thread but I went back on it and still disliked it as much as I did when it came out. The city is dull, Niko for me is decent but I didn't feel his story that much. There's some missions which are great, there's less pointless missions on IV but it still feels a little lifeless.

Of course gta 4 is boring on consoles lol. That's why you get it for pc and mod mod mod it :D.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/

• kvic likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Of course gta 4 is boring on consoles lol. That's why you get it for pc and mod mod mod it :D.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/

So badly wish we could mod GTA on consoles, the PSe namely. I'm real jealous of PC only-gamers for this. But at least we got to play RDR  ;)

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'm about to re-instal GTA IV just for the sake of the NRG-900RR and the ANNIHILATOR.....after I had to FORMAT the damn PS3 :angry:

I do like the game, but the damn gloom thing almost destroyed my eyes. here where GTA V beat GTA IV to me. the gloom thing has removed....

anyways at least I get the full hang of GTA IV this time. :p unlike when I first-played it. :turn:

DragoonClawNZ
  • DragoonClawNZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by DragoonClawNZ, 25 December 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Damn, now I felt like playing GTA IV again. lol GTA V was definitely a great game at first and I highly preferred it over IV. But later on, it just started to feel more empty, thinking that there could be more and I quickly lost interest. I haven't played V for over a month now, especially since I got 100% in it, and GTA:O just never appealed to me, only got my character to level 8. The problem with V was the bigger focus on the multiplayer content as I even noticed features in there like car insurance, purchasing safehouses etc, that could have easily been in single player.

The driving was something I especially started to prefer in V, but replaying IV again, it doesn't feel as fluent and was more arcade-ish. I missed that control and slidyness that the vehicles have in IV, and I was especially disappointed with the lack of ragdoll physics when getting sent flying out of the windshield (still there in V but more hard to get and can kill you instantly) and getting knocked off a bike, which was something I loved the most when playing IV after San Andreas.

The idea of three protagonists were a great idea at first, but I later started to appreciate the simplicity of just focusing on one protagonist. I just didn't feel as invested with the V protagonists, the only thing I saw for them after were the usefulness of their special abilities.

But the thing I hated the most even when I started playing V, was the ridiculous cop system. Sometimes they were easy to evade but most of the time, it was just never working and it was just ludacris when you even get a wanted star for say, shooting a hiker in the middle of freaking no where with a silenced weapon. Heck they even try to hunt you down when you have 1 star, which should typically have the cops try to arrest you instead. Some may say it makes it more engaging, challenging and realistic, but I don't see the point of it if it isn't fun, which is what I want when playing a game and I just don't think its fun when you're getting constantly getting hunted down by sharp-shooting Terminator-like cops, especially with the small health system. Just hated it.

Los Santos and Blaine County were vast and huge when playing V at first and seemed like there was quite a bit to look at, but it was missing that grand feeling that I got from IV Liberty City, it just didn't feel as alive and didn't connect with it as much. I was really disappointed with the lack of interiors and was hoping it'd get patched in later, but that'll never happen. GTA V had an opportunity to be a really impressive game (which was at first), but it just missed it and in the end doesn't feel like something with much replayability.

So I'll likely not touch GTA V again till either a new single player DLC or the PC version comes out. lol That was quite long.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

I guarantee this thread will be repeated with V after VI is released, as San Andreas before it.

It's all the same only the name changes.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I am fully convinced now. I am returning to IV. Certainly will still play V, but IV feels like a completely different and unique game for me.

• kvic likes this

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Soldier

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by PsychoGamer, 14 January 2014 - 07:34 PM.

I loved ( and still love ) IV. I think the physics were alot better, the car-damage, the fighting, ragdoll-effects, the handling of the cars... the story of Niko ( my favorite GTA protag )

I was very sceptical before V-Release, because i didn't like 3 Characters, that there is only one town, and the way driving looked like. In the end i think they did well with the characters, and i got used to the isle & the handlings. 

I think V isn't a bad game, but not it's not perfect at all. Nonetheless IV still has some things done better than V in my opinion. Many people think IV would be the worst GTA & V the best, but I ( my opinion ) liked IV in 2008 better than V in 2013. However, i still love both games ( pretty much every GTA ) in 2014, and i am looking forward to the future of GTA.

Edit: I also liked the shootings better in IV. The auto aim in V is horrible, and you can't even crouch.

• kvic likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users