High KD players In GTA...

80 replies to this topic
SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

What is it with people in GTA feeling the need to brag about their KD's.. I honestly dont understand why you would feel the need to get a super high KD in GTA like it proves something. I have around a 3.50 kd and im always f*cking about with crew members getting blown up having a laugh and i couldn't see the fun in not messing about and causing funny deaths that leave you and your crew laughing for ages.

I was totally oblivious that i had a 3.50 KD till i checked for the first time, i was over rank 60 when i first checked and i didnt even think Rockstar would have included a stats side of things in GTAO tbh. I came across a guy who had a 7+ KD and felt the need to set up on a rooftop and snipe me and my crew members in our BF surfers doing our own thing, when we eventually killed him once and left it at that he had sent me a message within 2 minutes saying "my KD is still double yours so therefore im still better..." Like seriously wtf haha... 

I honestly dont understand KD whores in GTAO, for me it kills half of the experience being a KD whore but this is just my view on things.

• CoachDub25 likes this

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

"My c%ck is much bigger than yourrrrrsss!

My c%ck can walk right through the door!"

SOAD

• singemfrc likes this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

If you dont care, why post about it ?

Not trying to be a dick, just saying. High K/D players always gloat about it no matter the game, whether they are legitimately good or boosted. That's just how things are.

• 600noodles, Zanje, Miss Malevolent and 3 others like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 25 November 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Play the way you want, that's my motto...

If people want to boast about their super duper high K/D Ratio, that's their business. If you don't care about it, then you don't. If someone came to me say "lolz look at mah 65651 KDR, jelly?", I would be like "K... Cool." and go on with my merry life.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

KD doesn't really matter in GTA since it's mostly a free-roam game. I just checked now and mines 817 kills and 514 deaths (1.58) and I just spend all my time fooling around. Obviously that sniper just plays to kill.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 25 November 2013 - 03:39 PM.

So you come here to make a post about something you find unnecessary....irony thy name is SoggyLuke. 

Besides, the people with the highest k/d use tanks so who cares when the numbers are inflated.

• PrimeTime MP, Seanathon and TJK319 like this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

If you dont care, why post about it ?

Not trying to be a dick, just saying. High K/D players always gloat about it no matter the game, whether they are legitimately good or boosted. That's just how things are.

Doesnt bother me i just still found it interesting Coming across a player who was that obsessed with his KD 

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

It's because they're finding out that Ghosts is sh*t and they thought GTA was about K/D.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

So you come here to make a post about something you find unnecessary....irony thy name is SoggyLuke. 

I post on here frequently and i decided to share an experience i had in the game and my take on it. No harm done? 

Jog on and stop writing like some medieval preacher, creepy as f*ck

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

KD doesn't really matter in GTA since it's mostly a free-roam game. I just checked now and mines 817 kills and 514 deaths (1.58) and I just spend all my time fooling around. Obviously that sniper just plays to kill.

I can understand KD players in shooters because well... it just makes sense but in GTA.. whats the point haha

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

i wish there was a stat for kills in a lazer/tank/buzzard , not only just to judge how well you've done in each but for others to see too, would make tank farming for k/d pointless

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

i wish there was a stat for kills in a lazer/tank/buzzard , not only just to judge how well you've done in each but for others to see too, would make tank farming for k/d pointless

Nice username haha

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

KD is pretty useless in a game like this
could spawn kill people all day and get a ridiculous KD ratio
doesn't mean anything

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Kd doesnt mean sh*t in GTA. If anything the higher KD you have the more likely you play like a bitch. Using tanks or backing up to people with entity. Going in to passive mdse whenever you dont have an advantage so you can go get a vehicle and have the upper hand.

I only have a 2.0 and I rarely run into people that can give me a good fight.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by 5HT2a, 25 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

I think K/D says something about the caliber of player you are. But seriously, if you are above 1.0, you are fine. I don't care what my K/D is provided it stays above 1.0 (I think it is at about 1.5 now), and when I see a high K/D I don't automatically assume that that person is better than me at the game. I don't even factor it, really. 

When K/D's get above 2.5 or so I usually assume there is some boosting going on. It's an easy statistic to distort. 

It's also distorted by different approaches to free roam. Somebody who devotes all of their time on free roam to killing players, glitching into walls/bridges in order to make themselves unkillable (usually after they have a friend put a bounty on them), or using tanks is going to have a much higher K/D than somebody who doesn't like to get into tussles in free roam, and knows how to let things slide when some random kills them.

Seriously, people go to insane lengths to kill people in free roam. There was this one guy in a chrome Adder, chilling with a bounty on his head in the middle of the street, waiting for somebody to chase him (and watching the map carefully for people trying to sneak up off the radar). So I go after him assuming it is just a regular bounty, I'm off the radar, but he is still moving away. Eventually, he stops, and as I catch up to him I realize he crawled into his tank, which he eventually blew me up with. 

Point is, it was a pretty clever move (although I would also say it is a bit cheap and meanspirited. I can't give too much credit to any kill from a tank), but what the f*ck did he gain from that? The guy waits in this one spot all day, watching the map, waiting for somebody to try to creep up on him, so he can attack them with his tank. It's a neat trick, but it doesn't seem like an optimal use of one's time. 

And I know he does this all day because I ran into the same car, in the same spot, with the same bounty, heading toward the same route. This was hours and hours later, perhaps even a whole day. This is what this dude does for fun in this game.

Obviously, I quit pursuit the second time when I noticed it was the same guy. I'm not stupid enough to fall for the same trick twice. Not that I can't kill a tank (I'm very good at both going off the radar and attaching stickies to them, and I am also halfway decent at heavy sniping the driver from a distance), but I have much better things to do with my time. I've already proven to myself I can kill tanks, doing it again and again becomes redundant and expensive. Better just to let it go. 

Anyways, the point of that /cool story was to illustrate just how far people go to get free roam kills, which can drastically raise your K/D ratio.

tl;dr: I honestly don't remember most of what I wrote about, I can't believe my post got this long. My tl;dr is that I am too lazy and my short term memory is too sh*tty to write out an actual tl;dr. 

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Be a real man. Smoke Redwood.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

3.5 is a pretty high k/d tho...

TrevorsShoe
  • TrevorsShoe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by TrevorsShoe, 25 November 2013 - 04:51 PM.

High K/D has become something you would want to add to your college application or job resume.

It's also been known to make girls really wet.

• saintsrow, who-dat and Jokimoto like this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 25 November 2013 - 05:01 PM.

I wish there was a stat for how many lazers/tanks/buzzards we took down.  Maybe even a separate one for each.

"Kills in Tank: 0"

"Tanks Killed: 6"

etc.

anticon
  • anticon

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Doesn't care about k/d but makes a thread talking about his k/d.

• who-dat likes this

DCxMoneyxMurdaz
  • DCxMoneyxMurdaz

TrapGod Capo C3L3BRiTy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Who gives a f*ck mines is a 4.2 but most people just hide in tanks and buzzards or play in auto aim lobbies no it takes no f*cking skills who gives a f*ck about a # in a video game

Kracus
  • Kracus

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Think I should put my KD ratio on my resume?

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Largest I've see is 10.04 I think, one my friends who sound suspiciously like that guy who plays call of duty and and makes his voice sound like a little boy. When I played with him all we did was missions though, wouldn't surprise me if he played his early game on DM/TDM then at his later levels played coop. Mine isn't that high, I play in Assisted aim lobbies but still get very frustrated when people spawn right behind me for the kill.. I am never on the benefit side of that sh*t which is why i hate it.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

I had to LOL yesterday.  Some noob was driving round in a tank, spawn killing for about 10 minutes before he got killed.  I watched it from my apartment and then went out to show my appreciation.  Many deaths later, he started calling me a "fag" and "stupid" (really mature types of names) and said he was better than me because he had a 2.5 K/D ratio.  Admittedly, mine is about 1.7 so his *is* higher, but I got mine from actual pvp kills.  If I'd been rolling round in a tank, spawn killing everyone I'd expect my K/D ratio to be a LOT higher than that!

Noob + tank = twanker.

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I am 0.6 but I race or like to drive a bus into the sea in my underwear.
Couldn't give a sh*t.
Maybe try deathmatches soon.
I seem to be all about sh*t and giggles.
Hey!
Maybe we could cockslap?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I am 0.6 but I race or like to drive a bus into the sea in my underwear.
Couldn't give a sh*t.
Maybe try deathmatches soon.
I seem to be all about sh*t and giggles.
Hey!
Maybe we could cockslap?

We need the option "Perform action: Helicopter"

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

"My c%ck is much bigger than yourrrrrsss!

My c%ck can walk right through the door!"

SOAD

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Raiders of the Laced Arc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Never checked my KD until now. Kinda surprised of it since I am not very hostile.

9873 KILLS
K/D 8.33
1185 DEATHS

timebombking
  • timebombking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

my KD is less then 1 and i never lost a deathmatch never even been close. i still own with my 1.0 KD. 
i find it boring just walking around shooting at everything lol

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

says he doesnt understand why people brag about kdr

makes sure to include his own kdr followed by an explanaiton of how he didnt even try that hard to get said kdr

ffb.jpg

• Seanathon likes this

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

awesome bro thanks for sharing/making a thread about your K/D with us while at the same time complaining about others who talk about theres.. 

• Seanathon likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users