Photo

Map of whole San Andreas HD

98 replies to this topic
mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

This is not 'what should've been', it's masturbatory fanboy fantasy. 

Here's me following the same idea:

What the map of GTA VI should be:

I stopped reading at this sentence because you have very little IQ if you think this image is a map.

How did you see the image if you stopped reading there?

Keep runnin', Forrest. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

based on the map of the new upcoming game "The Crew" for the PS4 & XboxOne

Lol
Love the discrimination here.

The Crew has also been announced for PC.

Lol discrimination? Ahaahhaa!

Yeah, discrimination.

The Crew was also announced for PC, yet he labelled it as a PS4 and Xbox One game only.

If can't understand basic English, then what are you doing here?

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by zielarz119, 02 December 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Hmm... because its f*cking big? You dont "read" images, you look at them, arent you?

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Hmm... because its f*cking big? You dont "read" images, you look at them, arent you?

...I'm sorry?

3rd grade arithmetic is important, now. Let's get on the same page here. Life is like a box of chocolates. 

RedwolfPsx
  • RedwolfPsx

Hidden

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

This game isn't an exact duplicate of planet Earth, I'm so disappointed. Like WTF Rockstar, most unrealistic game ever made. The map is like the smallest ever with nothing to do, it sucks.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 02 December 2013 - 02:36 AM.

This game isn't an exact duplicate of planet Earth, I'm so disappointed. Like WTF Rockstar, most unrealistic game ever made. The map is like the smallest ever with nothing to do, it sucks.

Oh, then maybe you should expand yourself and check this out: http://forum.outerra...php?topic=637.0

It's only on PC though.

Edit: yes, i got your sarcasm  :turn:

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by zielarz119, 02 December 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Oh, then maybe you should expand yourself and check this out: http://forum.outerra...php?topic=637.0

It's only on PC though.

Is this legit? Can we got to every place of Earth?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 02 December 2013 - 04:47 AM.

It's only on PC though.

Is this legit? Can we got to every place of Earth?

Yes you can, but you can't go to your house if that's what you're thinking.

There are videos demonstrating it on Youtube. You can download the demo for free, or you can buy the alpha for $15 and own it for life and get the complete version.

Also you can mod it, create your own roads, cities, and so on (it has a built-in editor for this). The paid version comes with more vehicles for you to play around with also. 

You can go all the way up to space and back down to the Earth with no loading screen because it's procedural generated =)

Edit: Also you the distance you can see (aka view distance) is only limited by the curvature of the Earth, so technically, you can see for thousands of miles :D

RedwolfPsx
  • RedwolfPsx

Hidden

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's only on PC though.

That looks amazing, I have to check it out later!

x_CrazyBuns_x
  • x_CrazyBuns_x

Crazy Bunny Lady >_<"

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

It might render the whole planet and things but... there will be a lack of interiors -_- 

= worse than GTA V </3

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

It might render the whole planet and things but... there will be a lack of interiors -_- 

= worse than GTA V </3

What if I told you, you can create your own cities and interiors?

Hmm, yeah.

Think about it, then come back.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:42 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 03 December 2013 - 07:43 AM.

As perfect as that map would be, it would be impossible to pull it off on PS3/Xbox 360 hardware with the level of detail you'd expect from a GTA game.

The only way would be if they took some shortcuts ie. used the same 2-3 buildings all over the map, some low quality grass textures, less content overall... sounds too much like a Just Cause game :)

Next-Gen baby.

We've already gotten the entire United States with the power of the Next-Gen. Just look at The Crew.

The Crew is a racing game.... entirely different. Will we be able to exit the vehicle, climb fences, shoot people, catch a cab etc? GTA cities are "living and breathing" cities. Racing games are just a bunch of rectangular shaped polygons with people cheering outside as you whiz past. I haven't looked too much into that game but are the cities even fully explorable? I'll bet it's just a few streets here and there and you just drive from A to B - zooming past the iconic parts of the city (and the rest of the city secretly doesn't actually exist and is just a backdrop...) .

Maps in racing games are so linear you can't really compare to a sandbox game like GTA.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 03 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

As perfect as that map would be, it would be impossible to pull it off on PS3/Xbox 360 hardware with the level of detail you'd expect from a GTA game.

The only way would be if they took some shortcuts ie. used the same 2-3 buildings all over the map, some low quality grass textures, less content overall... sounds too much like a Just Cause game :)

Next-Gen baby.

We've already gotten the entire United States with the power of the Next-Gen. Just look at The Crew.

The Crew is a racing game.... entirely different. Will we be able to exit the vehicle, climb fences, shoot people, catch a cab etc? GTA cities are "living and breathing" cities. Racing games are just a bunch of rectangular shaped polygons with people cheering outside as you whiz past. I haven't looked too much into that game but are the cities even fully explorable? I'll bet it's just a few streets here and there and you just drive from A to B - zooming past the iconic parts of the city (and the rest of the city secretly doesn't actually exist and is just a backdrop...) .

Maps in racing games are so linear you can't really compare to a sandbox game like GTA.

The size of New York City in that game is roughly the size of Liberty City in GTA IV.

And you should look into the game more, seeing as how you don't know that off-roading is a major part of the game. You aren't confined to linear roads to a small section of a city as you say. You should actually look into games before you make assumptions and pass them off as fact.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Next-Gen baby.

It's easy to make a huge map, just look at Fuel. The problem is having the disc space to put a lot of variety on that map.

The Crew is a racing game os the world is basically a backdrop, and while it does look impressive for what it is, it doesn't have to, and won't have, as many details as GTA maps, simply because you can't explore it all as freely as you can in a GTA game.

But sure, future GTAs will have more, this one was held back mostly by Xbox discs being too small.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

GTA 6 i want enter all interiors doors, and want buildings with glasses and lamps i don't want see ugly texture windows on buildings XD.

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

NO, can we just cut LV out of San Andreas please?

Why?

Because Las Vegas is in Nevada, not California. 

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

i really like that map, phumbs up from me, however id move sandy shores from near the lake completely.

speaking of which, i dont quite get that - a desert next to a lake! in theory, there should be no water for miles near the desert.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Wow, the love for big maps is unbelievable.
I am a huge fan too and V could have atleast featured a Las Venturas or San Fierro but again consoles can only handle as possible for them currently.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

maybe it will be like that in 2025

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Why?

You realize that Las Vegas is literally right next to California right? It's closer to LA than San Francisco is.

Also, San Andreas isn't strictly based off of California. It's primarily based off of California, but with elements of Nevada incorporated into it. That's the freedom of creating a fictional world. 

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

maybe it will be like that in 2025

Or 2015.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

What's this thread about? Yes I read the OP.

If this is a wishlist thread, why is it still open?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Make LV and SF bigger they are too small

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Why?

Honestly at this point I'd rather see a whole GTA set in LV, it was poorly done in SA and completely non-existent here. As for his reasons I have no idea.

This, this era is more realistic, LV in SA was tagged on, in this era, LV could very well not be in SA but another state. I hated how it was in the same state, did not feel like California. 

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Why?

You realize that Las Vegas is literally right next to California right? It's closer to LA than San Francisco is.

Also, San Andreas isn't strictly based off of California. It's primarily based off of California, but with elements of Nevada incorporated into it. That's the freedom of creating a fictional world. 

Not in this era probably, it is way more accurate. 

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by 123-bob, 03 December 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Maybe someday

PS3/360 - No Way In Hell

PS4/Xbone - Unlikely, unless graphics take a slight hit

Tho a world that big would be too much i think, lots of people wouldnt put up with travelling that sort of distance to destinations in a game

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Why do people seem think that the next-gen is only marginally more powerful than current-gen?

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

based on the map of the new upcoming game "The Crew" for the PS4 & XboxOne

Lol
Love the discrimination here.

The Crew has also been announced for PC.
Lol discrimination? Ahaahhaa!

Yeah, discrimination.

The Crew was also announced for PC, yet he labelled it as a PS4 and Xbox One game only.

If can't understand basic English, then what are you doing here?

I think you should learn English a little better. Not mentioning something which you may not even know in the first place is not in the slightest bit discriminatory at all.

Here do some reading. http://en.m.wikipedi.../Discrimination

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by chilleverest, 04 December 2013 - 05:38 AM.

After watching all the videos and map size speculations (pre release of gta v), i once commented on a youtube video  stating that i had the impression that the map isnt going to be  very big, infact, it really isnt that big. I got bashed for saying that then. 

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:53 AM Edited by dyz, 04 December 2013 - 05:54 AM.

After watching all the videos and map size speculations (pre release of gta v), i once commented on a youtube video  stating that i had the impression that the map isnt going to be  very big, infact, it really isnt that big. I got bashed for saying that then. 

It actually is big!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users